PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Olypmic Team

Wallace ²
07-28-2005, 11:53 AM
I just read a post over in the Spurs forum talking about Jerry Colangelo picking the team that will play together for the next three years. Why doesn't everybody post the 3 players they would like to see from each position. Don't forget, the olympics are in 2008 and some of the older players will be retired by then.

PG - Billups, Francis, Iverson
SG - Wade, James, McGrady
SF - Artest, Jefferson, Hughes
PF - Stoudamire, O'Neal, Duncan
C - Wallace, Howard, Okafor

Everybody tell me what they think of mine and post their own. Mine aren't in order of first, second, third string. They are just 3 players from each position..

SWC Bonfire
07-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Artest won't wipe his ass if he's not paid.

O'Neal will be undercover in 2008.

I don't know about TD or AI.

Wallace ²
07-28-2005, 12:41 PM
I was talking about Jermaine O'Neal.

AI and TD are both old, but they both played with a lot of heart in the Olympics and that is why I want them back.

If Artest agreed to be a part of this team, that would put him in a better position with the league and the Commish.

I know all of these players won't participate, but this is just who I would like to see.

SWC Bonfire
07-28-2005, 01:59 PM
I was talking about Jermaine O'Neal.

:lol My bad. Maybe if Shaq were in the olympics it would keep him from making movies.

Wallace ²
07-28-2005, 02:09 PM
:lol My bad. Maybe if Shaq were in the olympics it would keep him from making movies.

That would really help America then. We wouldnt have to sit through Blue Chips 2. lol

theMUHMEshow
07-31-2005, 09:46 AM
PG - AI - Kidd - Billups
2G - Wade - Allen - Redd
SF - Bron - TMac - RJ
PF - JO - TD - KG
C - Amare - Bosh - Ben

...We need to address shooters at the 2, Allen and Redd would be amazing coming off the bench firing! Bosh is going to be amazing, in 2/3 years...

TheTruth
07-31-2005, 10:41 AM
They are asking the players to make a 3 year commitment. I don't see many of those players you've listed willing to do that. They are going to go for a younger group of people that can develop into a pretty tight team in the 3 years they are together.
Off the top of my head:

PG - Paul, Heinrich, uno mas
SG - Wade, Joe Johnson, L. Hughes
SF - Lebron, Melo, Iguodala
PF/C's - Amare, D. Howard, Emeka, Chris Bosh, Collison

Let those guy play 3 summers together, and they'll be pretty tough. Don't know how many of them would be willing to go 3 summers, but some of the ones from the past Olympics might want to prove themselves.

mavsfan1000
07-31-2005, 03:10 PM
I would go with a younger group that could be great by then.
PG Devin Harris/L. Ridnour/Billups
SG Joe Johnson/Michael Redd
SF Lebron James/T. Mcgrady
PF Amare Stoudemire/K. Garnett
C T. Duncan/T. Chandler/B. Wallace

BronxCowboy
07-31-2005, 03:24 PM
Only a Mavs super-homer would suggest Devin Harris.

mavsfan1000
07-31-2005, 03:26 PM
Only a Mavs super-homer would suggest Devin Harris.
I'm talking about 3 years from now. There aren't any real good point guards that wouldn't be old in 3 years. Devin Harris I predict will be great in 3 years.

sickdsm
07-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Mavs homer, meet Jamal Tinsley.

Jamal Tinsley, meet the idiot NBA fans.

mavsfan1000
07-31-2005, 04:29 PM
Speak of yourself. Duncan is a much better player than Garnett. Garnett doesn't do enough for his team and isn't the defender that Duncan is.

theMUHMEshow
07-31-2005, 04:40 PM
Yeah...I am sure that Duncan would win a title with the roster of jokers in Minny and KG would flop with the SA lineup that TD has been winning with...Come on buddy, screw your head on!

mavsfan1000
07-31-2005, 04:43 PM
This Olympic team is for the future. I am speculating that Harris becomes a great player in 3 years. Garnett is great but not as good as Duncan.

sickdsm
07-31-2005, 06:06 PM
I prefer the sausage McGriddle to a Rise 'N Shine breakfast biscuit any day.

What does that have to do with the top young PGs three years in the league?

About as much as mavsfans comments.

mavsfan1000
08-03-2005, 08:46 PM
You don't know what Devin Harris could pull off in 3 years. I think he has showed alot of promise with his speed and potentially becoming a good shooter. He is streaky right now. If he cuts down his turnovers he would be great.

190 Octane
08-03-2005, 08:58 PM
I went with a roster based both on who might be a standout by then, and who might be willing to play.

PG: Ben Gordon, Chauncey Billups, Gilbert Arenas
SG: LeBron, DWade, Michael Redd
SF: Bobby Simmons, Shawn Marion
PF: Amare Stoudemire, Tim Duncan, Jermaine O'Neal
C: Big Ben Wallace, Dwight Howard, Emeka Okafor