PDA

View Full Version : Game thoughts, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
12-01-2013, 12:48 AM
As I said prior to the season, Houston will be the Spurs' most difficult matchup in the West IMO..

They have always played well against the Spurs, even before they were labeled a contender and acquiring Howard..this Rockets team matches up very well against the Spurs: they have Howard/Asik in the paint to guard Duncan/Splitter and challenge the Spurs inside, they have big wing players that can easily shoot over any Spurs' player outside of Leonard on the perimeter, they have a good defensive PG in Beverly, and they have an abundance of shooters..

More importantly, they have James Harden, a Spurs killer that relishes the opportunity to kill our team, tbh..

Needless to say, this was going to be a difficult outing, especially against the November version of the Spurs that are still coasting/figuring shit out, tbh..

Tony Parker
Tony started off the game slowly, missing makeable shots at the rim and forcing the issue..it appeared that Parker was going to have a rough overall game with the Spurs down 23, until he exploded in the 2nd quarter..

Parker single-handedly went on a 10-0 run and assisted on a Duncan jump shot to cap off a 12-0 Spurs run to cut the lead to a manageable deficit, giving the Spurs hope for the 2nd half, tbh..

Parker was very good in the 4th quarter, a huge reason the Spurs took the lead and remained competitive down the stretch, but ran out of gas in the final few plays, missing a layup and failing on the final Spurs' possession, leading to an atrocious shot from Ginobili..

Defensively, Parker played one of his worst games in recent memory IMO..Pop lashed out at him several times for missing rotations..Parker was responsible for a number of wide open 3s from Rockets perimeter players, opting to sag in the paint in case of a Harden drive and even Howard post-ups on 2 occasions..

I assumed it was strategy until Pop began screaming at him:lol..Parker's Harden-like defense hurt the Spurs tonight, but at least we know Parker turns it on for the playoffs..

Man grade: nice face, no ass/tittieshttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9Da2A7oaQMM/TeaE_QgijlI/AAAAAAAAADw/7Z07bXuOD5w/s1600/ruffled%252520bikini%252520small%252520breasts.jpg

Tim Duncan
It appears that Duncan has started playing regular season basketball, tbh..following a great performance against Orlando, Timmy followed it up with a really good performance against Dwight Howard and the Rockets..

Duncan's rebounding and not fouling Howard when he had the ball at the end was the only criticism I could generate, tbh..his jump shot looked a lot better than it has virtually all season, he finished well at the rim, he set good screens, and he looked good from a physical standpoint, tbh..

Defensively, he did a great job contesting shots inside..he had 3 blocks and altered several shots at the rim, his interior defense was a key component of the Spurs' charge in taking the lead..his 9 points in the 3rd quarter helped lead the charge in the comeback, too..

Overall, other than a few more boards(especially on the GW tip, but he was against 3 Rockets on that play), Duncan played a very good game..

Man grade: Katy Perryhttp://www.tattooset.com/images/tattoo/2012/04/03/1632-katy-perry-jesus-tattoo-on-her-wrist_large.jpg

Kawhi Leonard
Leonard was mostly invisible in the 1st half, not asserting himself, which has often been the case this season..Kawhi was being guarded by Harden, one of the worst defensive players in the NBA, but the Spurs did not take advantage..

This is an indication that the Rockets do not respect Kawhi as a shooter, nor should they, and that the Spurs weren't going to post up Leonard on Harden with Howard in the paint IMO..if Kawhi was going to pass it out, the Rockets were fine with Duncan beating them with jump shots..

Leonard began the 3rd quarter with promising shots, including a nice soft floater over Howard..on the following possession, Duncan found Leonard on a nice cut against the fronting defender, and instead of Kawhi going up to finish, he hesitated, waited for Jones to help, instead forcing up a terrible brick..this ended Leonard's assertiveness, tbh..

In the 4th, Kawhi played great team defense and individual defense against Terry Jones, but his offense helped kill the Spurs, tbh..opposing teams don't respect his jump shot, and the lack of shooting success is destroying his offensive value when he's on the floor with Parker and Duncan, tbh..

The Spurs went 2-10 from the field with a turnover when Leonard was inserted in the 4th, including Kawhi himself missing 2 wide open jump shots and committing the turnover..his lack of a consistent jump shot played a large part in the loss tonight, tbh..

Man grade: OKC Thunder female fan http://www.fox23.com/media/lib/13/b/d/8/bd89d071-0534-4c2d-ade7-c5f037765015/Original.jpg

Danny Green
Awful game for Danny tonight, tbh..as I've said many times, he's arguably the barometer for this team..when he struggles, it's difficult for the Spurs to win, and when he plays well, this team is usually dominant..

His defense against Harden was very good for the most part, Pop should have had him guarding him from the beginning IMO..his defense played a large part in the Spurs' taking the lead in the 3rd/4th, and he deserves credit for his effort..

Outside of that, it was a bad game for Danny..he got caught on screens for 3 several times, and he had trouble guarding the Rockets big forwards, which is also Pop's fault for putting him in a position to fail..

Offensively, Green was horrific..along with Leonard, his lack of offense killed the Spurs in the 4th, including a mind-boggling turnover when he tried to drive:lol..he couldn't make a shot and I thought he forced 2 or 3 attempts in the 4th IIRC..if Danny plays even half as well as he's capable of, the Spurs easily win this game..

Man grade: Khloe Kardashian http://images.beautyworldnews.com/data/images/full/9032/khloe-kardashian.png?w=600

Tiago Splitter
I didn't even notice him on the court for most of this game, tbh..

He didn't have much defensive responsibility with Asik on the floor and the Rockets shooting from outside during most of his stints, tbh..

Offensively, he was pretty bad IMO..he was stripped inside several times, forced a horrible pass to Ginobili in traffic, and his missed FG was on a drive inside where the only defender was a Rockets PG(either Brooks or Beverly)..

Tiago wasn't a factor in the game tonight IMO..

Man grade: Amy Duncan, that scumbag ho http://www.athleteswives.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Amy-Duncan-e1334627630182.jpg

Manu Ginobili
Manu had his usual share of puzzling turnovers and the final shot he attempted was as bad as it gets, but overall, he played a solid game, tbh..

His passing was great all night, he played a large part in the comeback, he set up Beli for a few unreal plays, he attacked the rim, and he made a clutch 3..

There will be frustration from Spurs fans regarding his final shot and his decision making, but the standards for Manu should be adjusted for age/level of play, and he performed very well in this game by those standards IMO..

Man grade: Matt Bonner's wife http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/510/734/BonnersWife_display_image.jpg?1290027683

Marco Belinelli
Marco was having an ordinary, average game for the first 3 quarters..he took some questionable, off-balance shots and wasn't playing effective defense, tbh, he made a few shots, it looked like it was going to be an up and down game for Beli..

However, in the 4th quarter, he became Larry Bird, tbh..he made his 3-point shots, Manu connected with him on one of the best plays of the NBA season, he was aggressive, he was competing aggressively on defense against Chandler Parsons..

Belinelli's role with the Spurs is to provide a spark off the bench and compete offensively, he did an excellent job tonight and you couldn't have asked for more, tbh..

Man grade: Hmm..knowing King Beli's affinity for sexing, I'll go with Mia Malkova:lolhttp://i.imgur.com/6B09ZCP.jpg

Matt Bonner
Bonner's defense was bad during the Spurs deficit, tbh, he was too slow on rotations and struggled against Houston's athleticism..he competed better on defense during the 2nd half..

Houston closed out well on his 3s, but he got a few open looks and made 2 of them..unfortunately, he missed his only 3-point attempt in clutch time, which we've come to expect from Matty..

Overall, a below average game from Bonner..

Man grade: Below average girl, possibly underaged, holding a sandwichhttp://us.123rf.com/400wm/400/400/imagehitasia/imagehitasia1112/imagehitasia111203549/11609221-a-blonde-hair-girl-holding-up-a-sandwich-close-to-her-face.jpg

Patty Mills
Shitty game for Mills, although he only played 10 minutes..he missed his only attempts from the field and was on the floor during Houston's run to blow the game open..

Man grade: Kevin Durant's momhttp://kevindurant35.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/espnw_a_pratt_576.jpg

Overall, it was a good game, especially for a meaningless game in November..

- San Antonio's offense struggled immensely in the 4th with Leonard and Green unable to make a shot, it destroyed the spacing and fluidity of the offense..Kawhi's jump shot will continue to hurt the Spurs until it can be fixed, especially with Tim's erratic jumper..

- Harden did a great job down the stretch, he dominated the game when his team needed him..his game is hideous, as is his face in HD, but he showed why he's the best in the league at his position..

- Pop's decision to go with Leonard against Harden and Green on Parsons was questionable, to say the least..Parsons had no problems scoring against players that were significantly smaller than him, which wouldn't have been the case against Leonard..

- Spurs were out of gas after cutting a 23-point deficit..I don't think people realize how difficult it is to come back from a 20-point deficit, especially against a good team:lol..

- This game was lost due to the 2nd quarter hole that was caused by Houston's shooters getting hot, exacerbated by the Spurs' terrible defense..they left Houston's limited players wide open from 3 for virtually the entire quarter and it was too much to overcome, tbh..

RD2191
12-01-2013, 12:52 AM
:lmao:toast

sook
12-01-2013, 12:53 AM
Mia Malkova is all I saw. Oh my.

Mikeanaro
12-01-2013, 12:55 AM
LOL!
BEST GRADE SYSTEM EVER!
AND YOUR GAME THOUGHTS WERE AWESOME!

GrandeDavid
12-01-2013, 12:58 AM
Kevin Durant's mom!!!! lol lol lol!!!!

ElNono
12-01-2013, 12:59 AM
:tu solid writing, thanks

Chinook
12-01-2013, 01:05 AM
Mia Malkova is all I saw. Oh my.

Damned straight. Awesome thread, Harlem. The takes were nice, too.

Mikeanaro
12-01-2013, 01:06 AM
Danny Green
Awful game for Danny tonight, tbh..as I've said many times, he's arguably the barometer for this team..when he struggles, it's difficult for the Spurs to win, and when he plays well, this team is usually dominant..
Strange but true

HarlemHeat37
12-01-2013, 01:07 AM
And also, realistically, the Spurs aren't going to win many games when both Leonard and Green are struggling offensively, especially when Splitter is also a non-factor..

Spurs need both Kawhi and Danny on the floor to maintain their elite defense, but when they're struggling to shoot, it destroys the entire offense..it's pick your poison for Pop, tbh..

Duncan, Splitter, Green and Leonard are by far the 4 best defensive players on this team..Duncan and Leonard haven't been able to make a jump shot this season, and Green has been even more inconsistent than usual..it's actually very impressive that the Spurs have this type of winning record when 3 of the 4 most important players on the team haven't been nearly as good as we've come to expect from an offensive standpoint..

Mikeanaro
12-01-2013, 01:14 AM
As Spurs are in the west they are gonna play more good teams than bad, so weŽll see what are they made of but... still november

timtonymanu
12-01-2013, 01:16 AM
Wonderful analysis, Harlem.

It's too early in the season to be cliff jumping but you have the same usual suspects quitting on the team already. :lol

HI-FI
12-01-2013, 01:18 AM
:lmao
some of that low down NFL grades creeping in here. I got a good laugh out of it.

RD2191
12-01-2013, 01:20 AM
Wonderful analysis, Harlem.

It's too early in the season to be cliff jumping but you have the same usual suspects quitting on the team already. :lol
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2vzmkimuZ1qfkfpao1_500.gif

TheGreatYacht
12-01-2013, 01:23 AM
Man grade: OKC Thunder female fan http://www.fox23.com/media/lib/13/b/d/8/bd89d071-0534-4c2d-ade7-c5f037765015/Original.jpg

:clap

DMC
12-01-2013, 01:23 AM
It wasn't about offensive struggles. The Spurs scored 106 points. It was about defensive intensity and focus.

spurraider21
12-01-2013, 01:25 AM
:tu Harlem with the goods

Mikeanaro
12-01-2013, 01:31 AM
It wasn't about offensive struggles. The Spurs scored 106 points. It was about defensive intensity and focus.
I think the first half were both

Boomersgold
12-01-2013, 01:41 AM
Not the conventional grading system, but I'll take it.:lol

blkroadrunners
12-01-2013, 01:41 AM
:lol Good sh*t

DMC
12-01-2013, 01:46 AM
And also, realistically, the Spurs aren't going to win many games when both Leonard and Green are struggling offensively, especially when Splitter is also a non-factor..

Spurs need both Kawhi and Danny on the floor to maintain their elite defense, but when they're struggling to shoot, it destroys the entire offense..it's pick your poison for Pop, tbh..

Duncan, Splitter, Green and Leonard are by far the 4 best defensive players on this team..Duncan and Leonard haven't been able to make a jump shot this season, and Green has been even more inconsistent than usual..it's actually very impressive that the Spurs have this type of winning record when 3 of the 4 most important players on the team haven't been nearly as good as we've come to expect from an offensive standpoint..

Danny's 2pt FG% is the lowest it's been at 44%, however his overall FG% of 45% is buoyed by his 3pt shooting percentage of 46%, which is better than it was last season. So if anything Danny is missing easy looks at the basket since he doesn't shoot a lot of long 2's.

Leonard, on the other hand, is shooting a horrid 25% from three, but his overall FG% is almost 50% since he's almost 60% from 2. I think offensively he needs to put the ball on the floor and drive to the rim instead of settling for the long 3. No doubt he's been told to shoot, but maybe Pop will rethink it like he did with Tony and we'll see Leonard get to the rim and the FT line more.

Chinook
12-01-2013, 02:06 AM

Green's problem is mainly that he doesn't get enough good looks. In the Suns game, Pop manufactured those looks to get him in rhythm. Actually, there was a stretch last year where a Green shot was the opening playcall each game. He's been open a lot, but his teammates miss him. So he's forcing out of rhythm shots to try to contribute. Both he and Leonard need to be part of the offensive gameplan each game. Simply put, it's not sustainable for the Spurs' offense to just be Parker dominating the ball and everyone else fighting over the scraps.

Chinook
12-01-2013, 02:12 AM
Also, Leonard needs to be involved on both sides of the PnR. If Durant and be a screener, so can Kawhi. And if Green can be the handler, so can Leonard. Right now, his role sucks, because he just sits in a spot until being told to move most of the time. At least Green moves around a lot. It's clear Kawhi isn't comfortable out there.

HarlemHeat37
12-01-2013, 02:14 AM

The Spurs' defense was horrible in the 1st half against the Rockets' shooting..the D was a lot better in the 3rd quarter and for half of the 4th..

The offense was the problem during the stretch where Leonard and Green played in the 4th..if they had made a few shots, the Spurs pull away and win..once Pop decided to take out Leonard, and then Green, for more offense in Manu/Beli, the defense suffered down the stretch..

So, I agree with you that the defense was the problem, especially in the 1st half, but I thought the offense was a huge reason for the loss during a key stretch in the 4th with Leonard and Green struggling..

HarlemHeat37
12-01-2013, 02:15 AM
Danny's 2pt FG% is the lowest it's been at 44%, however his overall FG% of 45% is buoyed by his 3pt shooting percentage of 46%, which is better than it was last season. So if anything Danny is missing easy looks at the basket since he doesn't shoot a lot of long 2's.

Leonard, on the other hand, is shooting a horrid 25% from three, but his overall FG% is almost 50% since he's almost 60% from 2. I think offensively he needs to put the ball on the floor and drive to the rim instead of settling for the long 3. No doubt he's been told to shoot, but maybe Pop will rethink it like he did with Tony and we'll see Leonard get to the rim and the FT line more.

Danny is shooting similar %s to last year but his usage % is down 2 points and he's been taking less shots in a lot of these games, tbh..

As Chinook said, he isn't getting the looks/opportunities he was getting last year..

The Spurs need to figure out a way to involve Green more and utilize Leonard better, because their growth is essential to the Spurs' winning a title, tbh..Leonard as a shooter just doesn't work with Parker and Duncan dominating the ball..

McGusto55
12-01-2013, 02:17 AM
LMFAO

Ice009
12-01-2013, 02:17 AM
Simply put, it's not sustainable for the Spurs' offense to just be Parker dominating the ball and everyone else fighting over the scraps.

No one else can create consistently for themselves though. What the fuck is Parker supposed to do?

Is he supposed to go one on one and carry the whole load when he teammates can't do anything by themselves, and also create all the open shots for his teammates all the time? Spurs are asking a lot of Parker.

I like the ball movement offense, but you can't win shit with just a ball movement offense IMO. You need to have a couple of creators that can go one on one and score for themselves every now and then. Kawhi needs to step the fuck up, and Manu needs to start driving to the rack and score in one on one situations. If these guys can't do it, the Spurs should have tried to sign at least one more player that can do this to take a little bit of pressure off of Tony Parker. I think the Spurs should look at making a trade for player that can go one on one and score when the offense breaks down.

This is why I was interested in Monta Ellis. I thought he still has great potential, and on the right team, with the right coach, he could be very, very good.

Budkin
12-01-2013, 02:21 AM
:lmao MAN GRADES!!! And HH officially takes over the game thoughts. Tbh.

weeks
12-01-2013, 02:34 AM
Tired of losing to real teams.

timmy2003
12-01-2013, 02:39 AM
Aweson!!! KD's mum:lol

chapnis
12-01-2013, 02:39 AM
Came for the thoughts, stayed for the ass.

Chinook
12-01-2013, 02:41 AM
No one else can create consistently for themselves though. What the fuck is Parker supposed to do?

Is he supposed to go one on one and carry the whole load when he teammates can't do anything by themselves, and also create all the open shots for his teammates all the time? Spurs are asking a lot of Parker.

I like the ball movement offense, but you can't win shit with just a ball movement offense IMO. You need to have a couple of creators that can go one on one and score for themselves every now and then. Kawhi needs to step the fuck up, and Manu needs to start driving to the rack and score in one on one situations. If these guys can't do it, the Spurs should have tried to sign at least one more player that can do this to take a little bit of pressure off of Tony Parker. I think the Spurs should look at making a trade for player that can go one on one and score when the offense breaks down.

This is why I was interested in Monta Ellis. I thought he still has great potential, and on the right team, with the right coach, he could be very, very good.

I think you're oversimplifying the Spurs offense. Parker doesn't have to create one in one. The team ran different sets to get him open shots last year. The problem is that he was making the correct reads last year and passing to Green when Danny filled the open spot in the defense or to Splitter as he rolled. Now, Tony is driving to take contested layups and passing as a last resort. Like he'll run to Green's corner and dribble-pitch him the ball with the shotclock running down and two defenders right there. Or he'll flip it to Splitter when there's already a clogged paint. I would say many of his assists tonight were due to Duncan making his bad drives work.

Arcadian
12-01-2013, 02:50 AM
:lol

siraulo23
12-01-2013, 02:54 AM
the goods :lol :tu

Ice009
12-01-2013, 02:58 AM
I think you're oversimplifying the Spurs offense. Parker doesn't have to create one in one. The team ran different sets to get him open shots last year. The problem is that he was making the correct reads last year and passing to Green when Danny filled the open spot in the defense or to Splitter as he rolled. Now, Tony is driving to take contested layups and passing as a last resort. Like he'll run to Green's corner and dribble-pitch him the ball with the shotclock running down and two defenders right there. Or he'll flip it to Splitter when there's already a clogged paint. I would say many of his assists tonight were due to Duncan making his bad drives work.

I think he has lost confidence in his teammates ability to score, and then in turn, he is putting more pressure on himself to try and score more, especially against the good teams. I mean, TD started the season awful on offense, Danny couldn't score at all in some games, so Parker is probably not looking for them as much anymore. Kawhi hasn't really shown much on offense at all yet either. I don't think Tony is doing it on purpose, I think it is more his teammates haven't stepped up. No one has stepped up as a running mate for TP all season. We don't really have a consistent second scorer, and that is not good at all.

Chinook
12-01-2013, 03:34 AM
I think he has lost confidence in his teammates ability to score, and then in turn, he is putting more pressure on himself to try and score more, especially against the good teams. I mean, TD started the season awful on offense, Danny couldn't score at all in some games, so Parker is probably not looking for them as much anymore. Kawhi hasn't really shown much on offense at all yet either. I don't think Tony is doing it on purpose, I think it is more his teammates haven't stepped up. No one has stepped up as a running mate for TP all season. We don't really have a consistent second scorer, and that is not good at all.

The fact that Green is still shooting a high percentage suggests that his lack of scoring is due to him not getting many clean looks. So Parker doesn't have the ground to lose confidence in him. Splitter scores well when given timely passes. So Parker doesn't have ground there either. Leonard's issues are both personal and schematic. For the most part, they arent Parker's fault.

I don't buy the idea that he's the only one stepping up. He's been taking quarters off, too. That's really my biggest issue with him now. He's not consistent enough to act like he is. There's no reason why he should continuously barrel into bigs instead of kicking.

ElNono
12-01-2013, 03:49 AM
Chinook, this isn't new. But you have to let the process take place, and give it time, tbh... Tony is coming from winning the Euros being "the man", and he's driven by some of that confidence at the moment, IMO. It might look ugly at times, but I also think it's a time of exploration, both for him and Pop as far as how does the team comes together with an extra aggressive Tony. Hopefully the pieces will align and things will come together. I also think Tony likes to find the "hot hand", and shooters being cold make him look for them less often.

Chinook
12-01-2013, 04:09 AM
Sure, I get that it will get better. I expect it to. But I don't think Parker's aggressiveness was the missing ingredient. If anything, the Spurs need Parker healthy at the end which didn't happen in June. Therefore, I see no upside in his current play, especially after the summer he had.

Pop also likes to stick with what works, so I'm not sure how much he appreciates Parker breaking off so many plays to go iso. I slightly more aggressive Parker could be useful, but not at the expense of Green and Leonard.

As you said, it's a process, but I don't see the harm and critiquing it on the fly. It's not like I'm cliff-jumping.

DJR210
12-01-2013, 04:14 AM
:lol HarlemHeat37 with a huge steamy shit on the chest of PlayNando's grades. Good read :toast.

BTW, :lol at "OKC female fan".

ElNono
12-01-2013, 04:31 AM
Sure, I get that it will get better. I expect it to. But I don't think Parker's aggressiveness was the missing ingredient. If anything, the Spurs need Parker healthy at the end which didn't happen in June. Therefore, I see no upside in his current play, especially after the summer he had.

Pop also likes to stick with what works, so I'm not sure how much he appreciates Parker breaking off so many plays to go iso. I slightly more aggressive Parker could be useful, but not at the expense of Green and Leonard.

As you said, it's a process, but I don't see the harm and critiquing it on the fly. It's not like I'm cliff-jumping.

I don't think you are, but I also think Pop uses these months to experiment, and this is part of the experiment.

PlayNando
12-01-2013, 04:47 AM
:lol HarlemHeat37 with a huge steamy shit on the chest of PlayNando's grades. Good read :toast.

BTW, :lol at "OKC female fan".
STFU.

Ice009
12-01-2013, 04:59 AM
I also think Tony likes to find the "hot hand", and shooters being cold make him look for them less often.

Exactly, that is what I was trying to say. Tony looks to be more aggressive when he thinks the shooters are cold and tries to do more himself.

No one has been consistent enough from game to game for him to have full confidence in them.

Duncan21kid
12-01-2013, 06:08 AM
Harlem, can you make this a regualr thing tbh ?
Solid write up and I like the grading system.

DJR210
12-01-2013, 06:22 AM
STFU.
:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

Baam
12-01-2013, 07:48 AM
Too many role players/betas right now, start Beli, pretty sure TP respects the stallion and will pass him the ball. Then trade at least one of the betas : Splitter, Kawhi or Green.

Baam
12-01-2013, 07:56 AM
Splitter is the obvious choice to go Btw, PO non factor since he has no post game and can be taken out at will by he opposite coach, better not rely on him in the RS, it'd be fools gold...

TrainOfThought5
12-01-2013, 08:02 AM

Baam
12-01-2013, 08:27 AM
The defense sucks against smallball because the Spurs only have one SF... But hey they knew that this off season, the roster is built to win against Memphis and to have a hard time with every smallball team... Unfortunately there's more smallball team than "big" teams...

This team as constructed can not get passed The Warriors, Portland and OKc consecutively, the odds of doing that are terrible... They have to luck out and get Memphis and the Clips somehow...

Meanwhile Derrick Williams gets traded for a bag of potatoes...

will_spurs
12-01-2013, 08:56 AM

I don't follow you. Tony was trying to set-up his teammates in the 2nd quarter, and what was the result? brick, brick, brick, brick, brick... and a 23-point lead for Houston.

Then he got fed up, scored 10 straight points (including 2 baskets in one possession), had a very nice assist for Duncan.

Then he started to pass the ball around again and guess what? brick, brick, brick...

But of course it's Tony's fault that Green, Kawhi or Bonner can't make one frigging wide open shot.

The reality is that only 3 players came to play last night: Parker, Beli and Duncan. The others took the night off.

hyhy
12-01-2013, 09:52 AM

Seriously? the offense breaks down WHEN they go iso.
Isolation always results in fast breaks for the other team when it fails.

Brazil
12-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Best game thought of the season :lol didn't see the game I liked the writing. If Harlem could do that for at least the marquee games that would be awesome. :tu

playbonner15
12-01-2013, 10:49 AM
11/10 Great post

but

LOL ST , this team can't beat the top tier teams. If Pop and RC don't have anything better to do, I suggest they tank for Wiggins

Mugen
12-01-2013, 11:00 AM
:lol Harlem with the goods.

I'd still smash the OKC Thunder fan tbh.

Bill_Brasky
12-01-2013, 11:11 AM
that mia malkova is a 7 on the Budweiser scale tbh

Chinook
12-01-2013, 11:37 AM
I don't follow you. Tony was trying to set-up his teammates in the 2nd quarter, and what was the result? brick, brick, brick, brick, brick... and a 23-point lead for Houston.

Then he got fed up, scored 10 straight points (including 2 baskets in one possession), had a very nice assist for Duncan.

Then he started to pass the ball around again and guess what? brick, brick, brick...

But of course it's Tony's fault that Green, Kawhi or Bonner can't make one frigging wide open shot.

The reality is that only 3 players came to play last night: Parker, Beli and Duncan. The others took the night off.

Just because he passed them the ball doesn't meant he set them up. He passed only when he couldn't make the shot himself, not when the others had good looks. Then his crap started to go in, then it stopped. That was the SL's scoring curve. Beli scored so well because he was on the bench and got to pick his spots.

Juggity
12-01-2013, 01:18 PM
:lol creative. Solid work son.

spurs10
12-01-2013, 01:34 PM
:lol Harlem with the goods.

I'd still smash the OKC Thunder fan tbh. Probably with a couple of lines of crystal meth that would be no problem..... :lol

Jordanobili2320
12-01-2013, 01:39 PM
Is there a log jam at 2 guard right now and are Green and Beli kind of fighting for eachothers minutes? Tonight because of the lineup that Houston put out there we were able to go small and keep both out there but with other teams that obviously isn't the case. Danny did a great job defending Harden but he was so putrid on offense and he is truly such a front running jump shooter it has to be frustrating the coaching staff. Green is so scary to rely on in the playoffs, he only shoots well if the team is playing well, dude always manages to disappear at some point. Marco isn't half the defender Green is but his ability to make plays, score consistently and play incredibly well with Manu makes him more valuable in my opinion. I want to see less of Green and more of Marco to be honest, and I think down the stretch of close games we need to cater to that because of Marcos fearlessness to take a bit shot. In the playoffs I understand Greens defense is important, but when you have moments like 6 when you need another guy able to make his own shot, create a play or simply handle the ball I think it is time to give Marco more minutes and prepare him for that role. Green is simply a great defender who defines streakiness. I don't think that is going to change anytime soon. Peace.

Raven
12-01-2013, 02:05 PM
i agree with most that's been written here, and i'll repeat once again what i'm saying the whole season: if we want to win it all, green and leonard need to play 40 minutes per game in regular.

PlayNando
12-01-2013, 02:08 PM
i agree with most that's been written here, and i'll repeat once again what i'm saying the whole season: if we want to win it all, green and leonard need to play 40 minutes per game in regular.

:lol

Chomag
12-01-2013, 02:13 PM
If KL is ever going to be an all-star he needs more minutes.