PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: I Don't Get How You Lose On Your Home Court With Your Full Team To Mental Midget D-12

Koolaid_Man
12-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Spurs ought to be ashamed tbh...losing to a retarded guy and an Arab wannabe

smaka
12-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Rockets will be ashamed when Spurs sweeping season starts in April/May.

Trainwreck2100
12-01-2013, 01:39 PM
then it's good we didn't lose with our full team

Katherine Robinson
12-01-2013, 01:43 PM
I don't why Spurs fans are so sure Timmy is coasting on offense. They had an easy schedule, that's why they won so many games.

AchillesHeel
12-01-2013, 02:25 PM
I don't why Spurs fans are so sure Timmy is coasting on offense. They had an easy schedule, that's why they won so many games.

cmon man, it was just the first month of the season. Timmy is 38. He ain't gonna give 100% when there's so many games to play and we've done well without him having to do that much.

Timmy put up 20 and 8 with 3 blocks on 8-13 shooting against "the best Center in the league".

Katherine Robinson
12-01-2013, 02:47 PM
cmon man, it was just the first month of the season. Timmy is 38. He ain't gonna give 100% when there's so many games to play and we've done well without him having to do that much.

Timmy put up 20 and 8 with 3 blocks on 8-13 shooting against "the best Center in the league".

Coasting is wishful thinking, I believe. His FG% wouldn't be low of he coasted, rather only his FGa would be low.

Kidd K
12-01-2013, 02:54 PM
Howard was contained to 13 points and barely got a shot off. Nearly half his points were from Hack a Howard strategy when he didn't even have the ball in his hands.

The Rockets are simply a good squad and played extremely well. I give them credit for the strong effort. Even their own announcers were ready to pass out with excitement over how perfect things were going for them in the first half.

It isn't embarrassing to lose to a quality team like Houston. Now if it was the Lakers, I would be ashamed. . .

Coasting is wishful thinking, I believe. His FG% wouldn't be low of he coasted, rather only his FGa would be low.

No. FG% would also be low too. Coasting means not putting forth full effort which means all your stats will be down including efficiency.

Of course, his FG% has been trending up the past couple weeks anyway. From barely 39% to 42.5% in about 4 games. It will probably be around 45% in a couple weeks. Sometimes people start slow. Last year Parker had a shitty FG% to start the season and ended the season with his 2nd best career mark of 52.6% from the field.

It happens in sports sometimes and it'll even out eventually.

AchillesHeel
12-01-2013, 03:17 PM

Not really. Do you think Miami is going 100% right now? Miami's been to 3 straight Finals, they're not going to go all-out to win every game in November, SA came off a Finals run and our core is older than Miami's, we're not giving our starters that many minutes either, Timmy's gotten less minutes compared to last season.

Seriously, we're not going 100% unless it's a big game like GSW or OKC or MIA. The Eastern Conference is flat out horrible, so we'll have a lot of games to coast this season, and we'll still win most of them, enough for a 1-2 seed.

Katherine Robinson
12-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Not really. Do you think Miami is going 100% right now? Miami's been to 3 straight Finals, they're not going to go all-out to win every game in November, SA came off a Finals run and our core is older than Miami's, we're not giving our starters that many minutes either, Timmy's gotten less minutes compared to last season.

Seriously, we're not going 100% unless it's a big game like GSW or OKC or MIA. The Eastern Conference is flat out horrible, so we'll have a lot of games to coast this season, and we'll still win most of them, enough for a 1-2 seed.

Were talking about a man hitting his 38th soon, there has to be an expectation he exhausted his last time-defying run last time. You can look at Lebron and say he's coasting, he's not even 30, but Tim Duncan? You see him and have to wonder how much he last left in the tank.

This playoffs won't be as easy for the Spurs, Timmy will play more games against a better West. You can hope he is coasting, but the way I see it is that he is doing his best to climb back into NBA shape and the climb is getting harder each passing year.

AchillesHeel
12-01-2013, 03:33 PM
Were talking about a man hitting his 38th soon, there has to be an expectation he exhausted his last time-defying run last time. You can look at Lebron and say he's coasting, he's not even 30, but Tim Duncan? You see him and have to wonder how much he last left in the tank.

This playoffs won't be as easy for the Spurs, Timmy will play more games against a better West. You can hope he is coasting, but the way I see it is that he is doing his best to climb back into NBA shape and the climb is getting harder each passing year.

As long as Timmy saves his legs for the POs, which he seems to be doing right now. The only thing I'm worried about is injuries, I don't want to see him go out like Malone did with the Lakers. Once you hit that 37-39 range, any little injury can fuck up a whole season/rest of your career.

SpurSwag
12-01-2013, 04:59 PM
I thought the Warriors were hands down the most 3 dependent team on the league, but damn Houston really has a case. That goes double when Howard is out of the game and they don't feel obligated to give him low post touches. Their entire game plan is just jack up 3's constantly (which they are damn good at tbh), hope they go in, and if not pray dwight gets the board.

On another note Harden is without a doubt my least favorite "star" in the league. That shit he does when he takes a three and then flails all over the place makes me want to throw my tv out the window tbh

Splits
12-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Last 5 games he's shooting 54% on 11 FGA per. Duncan will be fine. If he's anything it is consistent, and he'll put up his normal per-48 numbers shooting 50% by end of year.

Reck
12-01-2013, 07:21 PM
As a Spurs fan I'm flattered you took the time to point this out.

You're acknowledging how good Spurs are in your own retarded way. :hat

So thank you kool.

Arnold Toht
12-01-2013, 08:42 PM
As a Spurs fan I'm flattered you took the time to point this out.

You're acknowledging how good Spurs are in your own retarded way. :hat

So thank you kool.

Yet, you couldn't find a way to finish, up 5 with 28 to go.

And you kicked and screamed your way outta here after June 20, 2013.

Reck
12-01-2013, 09:01 PM
Yet, you couldn't find a way to finish, up 5 with 28 to go.

And you kicked and screamed your way outta here after June 20, 2013.

I went away quiet and bitter but not screaming. I have standards Toht.

DMC
12-01-2013, 10:26 PM
So few words, so many bites.

Arcadian
12-01-2013, 10:30 PM

1. He played well the past two games, didn't he?

2. :lol They had an easy schedule because the NBA is a fucking joke right now. There are only like five good teams. You can't penalize a good team for having shit competition. (Unless you're in college football, in which case, :lol college football.)

Katherine Robinson
12-01-2013, 11:16 PM
1. He played well the past two games, didn't he?

2. :lol They had an easy schedule because the NBA is a fucking joke right now. There are only like five good teams. You can't penalize a good team for having shit competition. (Unless you're in college football, in which case, :lol college football.)

Logic of an easy schedule explaining record flew over your head.

Arcadian
12-02-2013, 12:11 AM
Logic of an easy schedule explaining record flew over your head.

It explains it, yes, but it doesn't make it less impressive, if that was the implication. If I missed something else, please enlighten me.

ezau
12-02-2013, 03:47 AM
tbh, maybe this Spurs' team isn't as good as last year's. That's my opinion.

Sean Cagney
12-02-2013, 04:03 AM
LOL Gayker fan still sweating us......... Go do something else for once Koolaid man.

Thebesteva
12-02-2013, 04:57 AM
Spurs ought to be ashamed tbh...losing to a retarded guy and an Arab wannabe

That nigga think hes Prince Habeeboo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geOVfUu6DpI

ohmwrecker
12-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Harden > Kobe

spurraider21
12-02-2013, 01:31 PM
I don't understand how Caprisun_Man has so much free time on his hands. foodstamp collecting mutherfucker

AchillesHeel
12-02-2013, 01:40 PM

What's led you to believe that? We're a year older, and Kawhi just hasn't developed as much as we hoped he would after a strong Finals series, but we're still tied for 1st in the West.

Last year we lost to a Kobe-less Lakers before the playoffs, got beat by a Heat team without Lebron and Wade even playing on our home floor, this Rockets loss doesn't prove shit.

All we need is health come playoff time, and a little luck.

spurraider21
12-02-2013, 02:12 PM
just try to remember how terrible we were for the last month of the season last year. if we are "struggling" and still have a great record, i'm all for it

hater
12-02-2013, 02:35 PM

Parker, our MVP and GOD is not really into it yet. Might be it's a bum season for him or he is coasting since winning it all in Europe over the summer. Too early to tell.

The rest of the team is pretty mediocre, save Duncan who is plain terrible. This team is an 8th seed and round 1 fodder unless MVParker has one of his best seasons in his career. pretty tall order imo

ezau
12-03-2013, 12:54 AM
What's led you to believe that? We're a year older, and Kawhi just hasn't developed as much as we hoped he would after a strong Finals series, but we're still tied for 1st in the West.

Last year we lost to a Kobe-less Lakers before the playoffs, got beat by a Heat team without Lebron and Wade even playing on our home floor, this Rockets loss doesn't prove shit.

All we need is health come playoff time, and a little luck.

I agree, sometimes, I get carried away by meaningless regular-season games, tbh.