PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: LA Fans Who Should We Pair With Kobe and Melo - Bledsoe or Lowry?

Koolaid_Man
12-01-2013, 11:05 AM
or will we be ok with Farmar and Blake holding it down? keep in mind everything we do is about Kobe's last 2 seasons...so we're going to go over the cap to make it work...we're not worried about the next 5 yrs right now it's all about the next 2-3...

If we pursue Bledsoe we can back load the contract like Houston did for Lin and Asik..making it hard for the Suns to match...

Eric Bledsoe (24), Restricted Free Agent- The player currently known as Chris Paul’s backup will finally get the chance to play on the Phoenix Suns. While the fit with Goran Dragic could be strange, increased playing time will allow teams to more accurately calibrate Bledsoe’s potential and proper market value. He still has plenty of room to grow as a player and likely will need to make major improvements to deserve the contract he will receive.

Kyle Lowry (28), Unrestricted Free Agent- Lowry has the chance to rebound after a disappointing first season with Toronto. He also benefits from hitting free agency at a very good age for a reliable point guard since teams do not need to be concerned about paying for the steep downside so many older lead guards hit in their mid-thirties thanks to the contract length limits in the new CBA. Likely his last big contract.

RsxPiimp
12-01-2013, 11:31 AM
blake is fools gold, he's a good player kool and i love his grit but he's a backup pg that is playing for his contract, he has been disappointing for the first few years and is always injured.

i want farmar though because he's a laker at heart signing here for cheap and he was part of the OG championship team, so i want to keep him, plus he's younger.

but if we can get bledsoe, then heck yeah. get him and that other dude from detroit, greg monroe and there are rumors swirling that ariza may come back to the lakers too :toast

bledsoe
kobe
wes johnson (whose becoming a great defensive stopper)
j. hill
greg monroe

bench

swaggy p
j. farmar
meeks
ariza
varejao
kaman

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-01-2013, 11:34 AM
nash will be your pg next year

RsxPiimp
12-01-2013, 11:36 AM
nash will be your pg next year

nah son, we are waiving him or ask him politely to retire and enjoy his last paycheck worth $9 mil and enjoy the beaches in costa rica w/ his 19 y/o gf

Splits
12-01-2013, 01:44 PM
If you had any knowledge on how the CBA works, you'd realize the answer to your question is "whoever we can sign for the vet minimum" since Kirbs fucked you and doesn't care about winning, only getting paid.

Raven
12-01-2013, 02:38 PM
i'm no laker fan, but i'll say this, bledsoe is a winning type or role player pg. He is not really flashy, but he can score and pass if asked to, and most importantly, he has athleticism and speed to effectively defend and play good transition. Lowry can't really defend and is a lot weakened if he can't be ball dominant. Also, he is injury prone. However, Bledsoe is a rfa so forget about him.

Katherine Robinson
12-01-2013, 02:52 PM
I don't see Suns letting Bledsoe go, KidCapri

TXstbobcat
12-01-2013, 04:49 PM
Isn't Bledsoe a restricted FA? If so I think Phoenix would match any offer.

Rogue
12-02-2013, 05:53 AM
either guy would be a much better fit to the Lakers than Blake is imho. Blake's biggest strength is his 3pt shooting but it's not like you would get any chance to shoot the ball with Kobe and Melo both playing at the same time on your side. Just get a badass dribbler/ball attributer and the next year's lakers (with Kobe and Melo) would be hard to guard imho