PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Crashers / Purple Heart Controversy.....

ObiwanGinobili
07-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Whats your take on this???
I don't understand the big hoopla.

It's a comedy about guys who pretend to be waht they are not in order to hook up with chicks. Venture capitalist, writers, and, yes, purple heart recipiants.
thats funny. esp. since you can't really picture them as purple heart recipiants.
doesn't it say something about how cool it is to have a purple heart that it makes chicks want you??

whats ya'lls take?
and lets try to keep this a cordial discussion people.

MannyIsGod
07-28-2005, 12:51 PM
It is a movie.

jalbre6
07-28-2005, 12:52 PM
I thought people were upset because the movie's website had a "print your own" Purple Heart on it rather than Wilson and Vaughn portraying fake vets in a movie.

ObiwanGinobili
07-28-2005, 12:53 PM
I thought people were upset because the movie's website had a "print your own" Purple Heart on it rather than Wilson and Vaughn portraying fake vets in a movie.

news report said the print your own purple heart was just icing on the cake.

ObiwanGinobili
07-28-2005, 12:53 PM
It is a movie.

exactly.

bigzak25
07-28-2005, 12:56 PM
i was offended when yoda started fighting like a ninja when he was supposedly disabled, using a cane and all...it was a blatant slap in the face to all real cane users and some pimps.

mookie2001
07-28-2005, 12:57 PM
my dad sued Waynes World because he gets driven in a white Rolls Royce and loves Grey Poupon

Spurminator
07-28-2005, 12:59 PM
I think it's a compliment to Purple Heart recipients... I'm not sure why it's seen as offensive. That's like dentists being offended if Owen Wilson had scored a hot chick by pretending to be one of them.

travis2
07-28-2005, 01:00 PM
I think it's a compliment to Purple Heart recipients... I'm not sure why it's seen as offensive. That's like dentists being offended if Owen Wilson had scored a hot chick by pretending to be one of them.

Well...Jim might get offended...on the grounds that he went through all that dental school just to have some high school dropout take one of his chicks away...

:lol

Ginofan
07-28-2005, 01:03 PM
i was offended when yoda started fighting like a ninja when he was supposedly disabled, using a cane and all...it was a blatant slap in the face to all real cane users and some pimps.

I really have no take on the purple heart thing...seriously it's a movie and it was meant to be funny...and I found it funny.

desflood
07-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Some people might see it as offensive because in the movie they were using fake purple hearts to get free drinks at cash bars.

ObiwanGinobili
07-28-2005, 01:07 PM
in the movie they were using fake purple hearts to get free drinks at cash bars.

thats funny.

desflood
07-28-2005, 01:08 PM
It is funny. I'm not offended by it, but I could see where some vets might be.

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-28-2005, 01:08 PM

SpursWoman
07-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Some people might see it as offensive because in the movie they were using fake purple hearts to get free drinks at cash bars.

I've done a lot worse to get free drinks. :drunk :oops :lol

Spam
07-28-2005, 01:41 PM

Maybe the free drinks also made you do worse things. :lol

Bandit2981
07-28-2005, 01:42 PM
There wasn't this much hoopla when people were passing out and wearing Purple Heart Bandages at the RNC to make fun of Kerry...but I agree, it's just a movie and should be taken as an obnoxious comedy.

SpursWoman
07-28-2005, 01:43 PM
Maybe the free drinks also made you do worse things. :lol

Good point..... :lol

Spurminator
07-28-2005, 01:45 PM
There wasn't this much hoopla when people were passing out and wearing Purple Heart Bandages at the RNC to make fun of Kerry

Yes there was. There was more, actually.

This is the first I've heard of the Wedding Crashers thing.

GoldToe
07-28-2005, 01:46 PM
What ever happened to just stuffing socks in your underwear to show off your manly buldge?

ShoogarBear
07-28-2005, 01:46 PM

Yeah, only you didn't give out purple hearts . . .

Spurminator
07-28-2005, 01:48 PM
What ever happened to just stuffing socks in your underwear to show off your manly buldge?

It actually worked for someone, and that's when they realized the effect actually backfires when someone gets into your pants.

Bandit2981
07-28-2005, 01:50 PM
Is the movie any good? I've always thought Vince Vaughn was at his best in comedies.

ObiwanGinobili
07-28-2005, 01:53 PM
There wasn't this much hoopla when people were passing out and wearing Purple Heart Bandages at the RNC to make fun of Kerry...but I agree, it's just a movie and should be taken as an obnoxious comedy.

I'll agree with that.
Since there was so much non-hoopla that I didin't hear about it till just this secound and had to do a Google search on the incident.

ObiwanGinobili
07-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Is the movie any good? I've always thought Vince Vaughn was at his best in comedies.

everyone says it kicks more ass then Bruce Lee.
I'm plannign on seeing it on Sat.

T Park
07-28-2005, 02:03 PM
it does kick more ass than bruce lee.

I can see where Vets would be.

Once again, a good friend of mine who is a liberal, I agreed with him on one thing.

If someone is offended by something, then how can you tell them NOT to be offended?

Of course, Im offended by people being offended.....

mookie2001
07-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Kerry had 3 purple hearts and 2 were for minor injuries

what a pussy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!
!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
man oh man
"oh im john kerry and i have 3 purple hearts and 2 of them are for minor injuries cry cry cry wahhhhhhh waaaaahhhhhh"
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!what a pussy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ObiwanGinobili
07-28-2005, 02:09 PM
uhm. meanwhile, back at the ranch.......

SpursWoman
07-28-2005, 02:12 PM
uhm. meanwhile, back at the ranch.......

No shit. I'd rather sky-dive naked into an erupting volcano than listen to anymore of that past tense campaign crap.

I'm dying to see this movie because of you guys.......well that, and it looks really funny....

mookie2001
07-28-2005, 02:13 PM
oh
i was joking

who cant admit that making fun of john kerry for getting 3 purple hearts, 2 of which were for minor injuries--is the funniest shit you can possibly imagine

Spurminator
07-28-2005, 02:15 PM
It's funny, but I hope people aren't building it up too much for those of you who haven't seen it.

I was disappointed in Old School because I kept hearing how unbelieveably hilarious it was.

ElMuerto
07-28-2005, 02:21 PM
everyone says it kicks more ass then Bruce Lee.
I'm plannign on seeing it on Sat.

Bruce Lee is dead and so is the humor in this movie.

The funniest part is Owen's nose.

PM5K
07-28-2005, 02:51 PM
As I understand it, some people were upset that you could print a purple heart on the website.

IF SOMEONE ACTUALLY FUCKING THINKS A PURPLE HEART PRINTED OFF THE INTERNET IS THE REAL THING:

YOU ARE FUCKING RETARDED!

PizzaFace
07-28-2005, 03:10 PM
I've had blue balls for years.

ObiwanGinobili
07-28-2005, 03:38 PM
It's funny, but I hope people aren't building it up too much for those of you who haven't seen it.

I was disappointed in Old School because I kept hearing how unbelieveably hilarious it was.

Well with the shit hollywood's been spewing lately I think it's impossible to get my hopes that far up.
I can't wait to see Wedding Crashers this weekend. :elephant :princess :elephant

And I LOVED Old School... but the unrated version was better... and the outakes..... OMG Will Ferrall Is a fucking GENIUS!

ShoogarBear
07-28-2005, 07:30 PM
I wonder what people would have said if Bush had been in Vietnam and we had no idea where his opponent was?

T Park
07-28-2005, 07:32 PM
I wonder what people would have said if Bush had been in Vietnam and we had no idea where his opponent was?

they wouldve said he loved war so much he volunteered to fight, and now he wants more war.

Bush would be screwed either way, so save the Kerry tears.

ShoogarBear
07-28-2005, 07:40 PM
Oh.

For some reason I thought Karl Rove would have had him painted as a war hero, and his opponent as an AWOL coward.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Bandit2981
07-28-2005, 08:55 PM
I don't like Kerry, but come on dude, he was in Vietnam. I hate firing handguns. I'm not gonna talk shit about how an injury was not serious enough.
Come on bro, especially after you started the "Is Satire Dead?" thing, he was being satirical :smokin

midgetonadonkey
07-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Who the hell would wear their military medals to a wedding if they aren't wearing their formal military shit? People need to stop bitching about movies and find some real shit to bitch about. Like video game characters getting head and fucking. :rolleyes

Spam
07-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Who the hell would wear their military medals to a wedding if they aren't wearing their formal military shit? People need to stop bitching about movies and find some real shit to bitch about. Like video game characters getting head and fucking. :rolleyes

I like creating my own medals and uniforms.
Sincerely,
Michael Jackson

midgetonadonkey
07-28-2005, 09:09 PM
If I went to war, I'd want a purple heart if I got a god damn splinter.

Clandestino
07-29-2005, 08:32 AM
If I went to war, I'd want a purple heart if I got a god damn splinter.

that is what kerry did! :lmao