PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Paul George: "I Idolize Kobe And Pattern My Game After Him"

Koolaid_Man
12-02-2013, 05:17 PM
:lmao yet another new generation kid Idolizes Kobe and not Lebron....I imagine pretty fucking pathetic for the Kang...nobody wants to be like that ugly mofo...or Tammy Fissure for that matter :lol

The 23-year-old George has used Bryant as a basketball template en route to fulfilling his own limitless potential.

"Paul grew up idolizing Kobe," Pacers coach Frank Vogel told Reuters. "So much of the last two years (George has heard) stories about Kobe; about how Kobe works. They're legendary, we all know them. It's helped to establish (George's own) work ethic."

"I had a lot of growth from having (Shaw) and hearing about how Kobe prepares and gets ready for games," George said. "(Kobe) is somebody that plays both sides of the ball. He's willing to put everything on the line. I'm going to give everything I have, and try to affect the game in every way I can."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-rt-us-nba-pacers-george-20131202,0,3383824.story

lefty
12-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Yet he shits on Kobe

Splits
12-02-2013, 05:30 PM
:lol thinking Kirbs plays defense

Koolaid_Man
12-02-2013, 05:33 PM
:lol thinking Kirbs plays defense

I tried to yall niggas that real playas all ride with Kobe over Lebron..people know who's had it easy vs those who had to earn it...the playas don't fall for the media bias bullshit...they know my nigga is REAL

Medvedenko
12-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Of course you pattern your game after the best player that plays a similar game. No brainer.

elmanutres
12-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Shocking the l.a. kid liked Kobe growing up

gnsf0946
12-02-2013, 05:50 PM
kid's confused, if he's copying Kobe, he's actually copying MJ tbh

Holden_Caulfield
12-02-2013, 05:54 PM
where did paul george learn how to pass then?

lefty
12-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Must be admiring Lebron too :lol

Joseph Kony
12-02-2013, 06:00 PM
Hey kool how does Kobe's penis taste tbh?

Holden_Caulfield
12-02-2013, 06:05 PM
Must be admiring Lebron too :lol
paul is just salty lebron owns that conference, tbh :lol

lefty
12-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Hey kool how does Kobe's penis taste tbh?
According to Kool, it's very salty

Koolaid_Man
12-02-2013, 06:22 PM
According to Kool, it's very salty

now that he wants to be like Kobe...I'm just waiting for Spur fan to tell us how shitty of a player George is :lol

Koolaid_Man
12-02-2013, 06:23 PM

^ :lolyou wish that so bad you can taste it can't you?

spurraider21
12-02-2013, 06:42 PM
Paul George is doing a really shitty job of emulating Kobe. his ability to make teammates better and bring it every night on defense is nothing like his idol

lefty
12-02-2013, 07:02 PM
now that he wants to be like Kobe...I'm just waiting for Spur fan to tell us how shitty of a player George is :lol
Impossible

He clearly shits on Kobe, and he is an ALPHA MALE !!!!

Kool Bob Love
12-02-2013, 07:03 PM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Roy+Hibbert+Paul+George+OvL6zH1jvbTm.jpg
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/oH5rtFW5cugyOhfcxehBaw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/Roy-Hibbert-and-Paul-George.-Nathaniel-S.-Butler-NBA-Getty-Images.jpg
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/169693124-paul-george-and-roy-hibbert-of-the-indiana-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QZdQLFsALebrrP5IX7%2F6%2ByTE SNelq%2BitOkk6I%2BH7Lth6vUKvPg6JB3sEyBngOf%2BkJunD SYQr40MhrxCFn9ZNe8KU1amr9sCv%2FVTYivcvLk5C

spurraider21
12-02-2013, 07:18 PM
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Roy+Hibbert+Paul+George+OvL6zH1jvbTm.jpg
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/oH5rtFW5cugyOhfcxehBaw--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/Roy-Hibbert-and-Paul-George.-Nathaniel-S.-Butler-NBA-Getty-Images.jpg
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/169693124-paul-george-and-roy-hibbert-of-the-indiana-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QZdQLFsALebrrP5IX7%2F6%2ByTE SNelq%2BitOkk6I%2BH7Lth6vUKvPg6JB3sEyBngOf%2BkJunD SYQr40MhrxCFn9ZNe8KU1amr9sCv%2FVTYivcvLk5C
:lmao he learned well from kobe to find a dominant big though

Arnold Toht
12-02-2013, 08:00 PM
He stole his number too.

DMX7
12-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Because he's old as shit.

Juggity
12-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Paul George says he patterns his game after Kobe, but the facts indicate that he patterns his game after Lebron and other team-first, pass-first, defense-first small-forwards.

George knows the truth, of course. But he can't give credit to Lebron because Lebron is a conference rival and still, currently, the superior player.

Obviously, Kobe's nowhere near a rival at this point, so it makes more sense for George to give Kobe credit instead of Lebron.

DAF86
12-02-2013, 08:32 PM
:lmao yet another new generation kid Idolizes Kobe and not Lebron....I imagine pretty fucking pathetic for the Kang...nobody wants to be like that ugly mofo...or Tammy Fissure for that matter :lol

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/sns-rt-us-nba-pacers-george-20131202,0,3383824.story

Lebron is in his late 20's and Kobe is old as fuck of course there is more of a chance of having Kobe's fans on the NBA than Lebron ones.

unforeseen
12-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Rape and snitching will be in his future.

Koolaid_Man
12-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Spur fan salty over all things Kobe....Kobe got yall niggas trained :lol

RsxPiimp
12-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Lebron is in his late 20's and Kobe is old as fuck of course there is more of a chance of having Kobe's fans on the NBA than Lebron ones.

Lebron's been in the league for a decade, He's been in the league long enough.

Players look up to Kobe because he's simply the best of his generation, his work ethic is unmatched and he has a plethora of moves and great fundamentals most players of this generation lack.

Even Lebron's teammate conceded the fact that Kobe is the best player of this era.

DAF86
12-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Lebron's been in the league for a decade, He's been in the league long enough.

Players look up to Kobe because he's simply the best of his generation, his work ethic is unmatched and he has a plethora of moves and great fundamentals most players of this generation lack.

Even Lebron's teammate conceded the fact that Kobe is the best player of this era.

Ten years ago Paul George was 13 years old, that's old enough to already have a favourite player, tbh.

And Kobe is not better than Shaq, Duncan or Lebron so no, he isn't the best player of his generation I don't care what below average IQ niggas say.

RsxPiimp
12-02-2013, 10:05 PM
Ten years ago Paul George was 13 years old, that's old enough to already have a favourite player, tbh.

And Kobe is not better than Shaq, Duncan or Lebron so no, he isn't the best player of his generation I don't care what below average IQ niggas say.

Being better is subjective, there are so many ways to gauge it and it will be an endless cycle of pissing contest to prove what's true since this sport has never been about statistical numbers.

I don't know about below average IQ's, we're talking about GM's, players of past and present along with the most reputable journalists (Sports Illustrated, ESPN) picking Kobe as the best of the decade.

KaiRMD1
12-03-2013, 01:08 AM
This is not good. The Pacers were looking like they had a great future but they are going to have an ol' sport who chucks balls and kills chemistry. smh

Calispursfan11
12-03-2013, 01:18 AM
Lebron is effective but completely utilitarian. His moves are not as smooth as Kobe's by a long shot. Of course you'd want to look good (like Kobe) if you had the choice.

whitemamba
12-03-2013, 01:45 AM
Spur fan salty over all things Kobe....Kobe got yall niggas trained :lol

seriously, idk why they so butthurt tbh

GovernmentMan
12-03-2013, 01:47 AM
Being better is subjective, there are so many ways to gauge it and it will be an endless cycle of pissing contest to prove what's true since this sport has never been about statistical numbers.

I don't know about below average IQ's, we're talking about GM's, players of past and present along with the most reputable journalists (Sports Illustrated, ESPN) picking Kobe as the best of the decade.

How dumb are you? Of course they'd pick the guy who has 5 championships and 2 Finals MVPs over the guy who has 2 (or more likely, 1 or 0 when this question was asked). Why don't you wait till their careers are over over who the best player of the post-Jordan era is? Lebron is clearly the better player.

ambchang
12-03-2013, 06:55 AM
You can't learn natural abilities but you can learn work ethic.

Kobe, for all his beta abilities, posed as an alpha and became an arguable top 15 of all time because of his work ethic, so George is smart to pattern his routine after Kobe.

Now if George can somehow get the front office to get the most dominant front line in the league for him, he's surpass Kobe.

ambchang
12-03-2013, 06:58 AM

Because SI and ESPN is out to rank players, not to sell a magazines and prove ratings by curtailing to the largest media market with known bandwagoning rioters.

AchillesHeel
12-03-2013, 07:08 AM
You can't learn natural abilities but you can learn work ethic.

Kobe, for all his beta abilities, posed as an alpha and became an arguable top 15 of all time because of his work ethic, so George is smart to pattern his routine after Kobe.

Now if George can somehow get the front office to get the most dominant front line in the league for him, he's surpass Kobe.

Pacers have a good enough front court. They'll need Granger for the playoffs though.

Stabula
12-03-2013, 08:13 AM
The best player of the generation wouldn't quit out on his team in the playoffs.

Johnny RIngo
12-03-2013, 08:38 AM
The best player of the generation wouldn't quit out on his team in the playoffs.

Or win the majority of championships as a sidekick.

Johnny RIngo
12-03-2013, 08:40 AM
And PG's defense is already better than Kobe's ever was so I'm not seeing the Bryant comparisons. Kobe played decent defense for two or three years in the early 2000s and has been getting by on his reputation ever since.

romsey31
12-03-2013, 08:44 AM
Pacers have a good enough front court. They'll need Granger for the playoffs though.

This. Lance is a wildcard IMO. When he's on he's unstoppable, a walking triple double. When he's off he's a train wreck, there's no middle ground with him