PDA

View Full Version : Danny Green is a scrub!

12-02-2013, 10:25 PM
If it wasn't for his D on the likes of Curry, I'd say trade him while he still has some value. there's a reason he rode the bench in Cleveland.

On the bright side, Marco continues to deliver the goods, and Diaw 2.0 is the 2nd coming of Hakeem. At the time I'm typing this TImmy doesn't have the 20/20, but I'm sure he'll get it. lol @ all his doubters.

THis team is looking great outside of Green, and questionable 3 pt D. Very questionable 3 pt D.

ElNono
12-02-2013, 10:29 PM
big 3 from danny :lmao

12-02-2013, 10:32 PM
big 3 from danny :lmao
you forgot to type "per par" :lol

But seriously you can plug any decent three point shooter in DG's spot up role and they'll prosper. Maybe they'll even be able to make extremely difficult open layups and have the ability to dribble the ball.

Jubabe
12-02-2013, 10:33 PM
That didnt look like a scrub to me!

jeebus
12-02-2013, 10:33 PM
Nothing new from Icyhot.

hater
12-02-2013, 10:37 PM
he's a 1 trick pony that has no business starting or playing the minutes hes playing. that's for sure

12-02-2013, 10:48 PM
he's a 1 trick pony that has no business starting or playing the minutes hes playing. that's for sureIf we had a SG who could handle the ball in the starting unit...:wow

bklynspursfan
12-02-2013, 10:49 PM
I think the way Belinelli is playing is affecting him mentally. Instead of relishing the opportunity he seems to be shying away. He started out the season good rebounding and defending, but he seems to be off now. Hopefully he gets it going

siraulo23
12-02-2013, 10:49 PM
did teams finally figure him out or did the spurs implement a new wrinkle in their offense that isnt leading him to getting wide open shots anymore?

HI-FI
12-02-2013, 10:50 PM
he's a 1 trick pony that has no business starting or playing the minutes hes playing. that's for sure

I remember when you said we should've traded him after the Finals, while his stock was high. I'm starting to wonder about that. maybe that partying with Lebron shit was a sign, hope I'm wrong to be honest.

Juggity
12-02-2013, 10:53 PM
I don't understand people who hate Green.

His game is like clockwork, you know exactly what's going to happen. One week hot, one week cold, one week hot, one week cold. You have to accept the cold weeks because when Danny heats up from 3 spurs are almost unstoppable.

Mugen
12-02-2013, 10:54 PM
:lol Has nobody watched Danny Green at all these last couple of seasons tbh?

T Park
12-02-2013, 10:58 PM
more spurstalk genius.

Raven
12-02-2013, 10:58 PM

But seriously you can plug any decent three point shooter in DG's spot up role and they'll prosper. Maybe they'll even be able to make extremely difficult open layups and have the ability to dribble the ball.

true, true, that's exactly why geren should play 40 minutes per game.. since it makes no difference on offense, you take the best defender.

Chinook
12-02-2013, 11:00 PM
did teams finally figure him out or did the spurs implement a new wrinkle in their offense that isnt leading him to getting wide open shots anymore?

Both. He's being guarded more closely, and the scheme hasn't really adjusted. However, he had his looks today and just missed them.

His defense was excellent today, though. I don't know how someone could claim it wasn't.

HarlemHeat37
12-02-2013, 11:14 PM
He has been watched more closely now that he has made a name for himself, but Green has always been a streaky player, tbh..

Last season's 3-point shooting for Green:

1st 5 games: 12-22(55%)
Next 21 games: 40-119(34%)
8 games: 24-39(62%)
8 games: 9-35(26%)
31 games: 87- 170(51%)
Last 7 games: 7-28(25%)

He's a streaky shooter that suffers from slumps, but he's a solid defender, and even when he's missing, the other team still has to account for his presence at the 3-point line..when he's on a good streak, the offense is unstoppable..

Mikeanaro
12-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Trade that POS or make him eat bench

cd021
12-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Trade that POS or make him eat bench

And start Beli....right its like you want Harden, Curry, Westbrook, and any other of the usual suspects to crush us.

jkid12456
12-02-2013, 11:28 PM
haha patty should eat danny green minutes for a bit like tonites game

Mikeanaro
12-02-2013, 11:29 PM
And start Beli....right its like you want Harden, Curry, Westbrook, and any other of the usual suspects to crush us.
Harden already did it, Curry wasnt there that night, and Westbrick can crush us some nights no matter who is following his steps

cd021
12-03-2013, 12:41 AM
Harden already did it, Curry wasnt there that night, and Westbrick can crush us some nights no matter who is following his steps

Playoffs. In a deep run we are bound to play at least 2 of those teams.

hooperflash
12-03-2013, 12:44 AM
If we had a SG who could handle the ball in the starting unit...:wow

BLASPHEMY!

Whisky Dog
12-03-2013, 12:53 AM
Some people start some retard ass fucking threads. Green isn't a great or even very good player but he's a good yet streaky shooter that plays some D from the 2 spot. He fits what the Spurs need around that starting 5 where there are several guys that need the ball to where even Leonard isn't getting the touches he should get. It's funny how when Green and Splitter are beasting the Spurs are almost unbeatable but when they both suck and Leonard is average the Spurs lose plenty of games. We need those 3 to start playing good ball again.

Calispursfan11
12-03-2013, 01:27 AM
Green is acting like a scrub because that dude is breathing down his neck tbh. Can't take the heat. Needs to get out tha kitchen.

Stabula
12-03-2013, 01:40 AM
Danny Green is an offensive scrub, no doubt about it. The reason for that is because despite his occasional hot-hand from the arc he can't handle the ball and is extremely inconsistent. Consistency is important. Even Blair had his hot moments where he lit it up offensively and tore down tough rebounds but he was never consistent and it made him a scrub (that and his terrible D). Defensively there's a lot to like about Danny Green and is probably the only reason he remains in the starting line-up.

Holden_Caulfield
12-03-2013, 01:52 AM
danny green coasting tbh

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
12-03-2013, 08:33 AM
Danny Green is an offensive scrub. The reason for that is because despite his occasional hot-hand from the arc he can't handle the ball and is extremely inconsistent. Defensively there's a lot to like about Danny Green and is probably the only reason he remains in the starting line-up.

Sounds like someone who helped the Spurs win 3 championships, just sayin'.

Jordanobili2320
12-03-2013, 09:22 AM
Could you honestly ever see the Spurs trading Green or Leonard? I can't, but considering they are in win now mode it wouldn't be the worst idea. Green is becoming very frustrating while Beli continues to kill it.

Genjuro
12-03-2013, 07:25 PM
I think the Spurs will need Green to have a chance to win it all. He's an awesome fit when he's shooting well, and I'm not sure you can replace his instant shooting against the toughest defenses with the slow release of Belinelli (even if I'm loving the Italian in the team right now). The goal should be just to get him going.

Seventyniner
12-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Danny plays the Bruce Bowen role. He's not as good of a defender but is a better shooter and is a threat above the break unlike Bowen.

Danny's defense not being as good as Bowen doesn't mean it's bad. Bowen was all-world on D but Danny is well above average.

Kidd K
12-03-2013, 08:48 PM

Except the part where he's been the best 3pt shooter in Spurs team history.

Literally nobody's ever gotten better results than DG from his role.

TheyCallMePro
12-03-2013, 10:00 PM
I thought Parker ruined him after game 5 vs the Heat. He said quote “I can’t believe he’s still open at this moment in the series,” “They are still trapping me and doubling Timmy and Danny is wide open. He’s shooting the ball well. If you are going to leave Danny wide open, he’s going to make threes.”

It was like Parker was discrediting what Danny had done up to that point. So he broke the 3 point record? He was wide open. So he's making a lot of 3's? He was wide open. Oh, and he wouldn't have made all those 3's without me, the great Tony Parker, and the great Tim Duncan being doubled in the first place! He just slammed him. It was the most unspur-like thing I've ever heard a Spur say. We were ONE GAME away Tony. ONE GAME. But no. You couldn't shut your goddamn mouth and had to go discredit Danny and ruin his confidence like that.

Oh and by the way, after that quote from Parker, Danny went 1-5 from 3 in game 6 (scoring only 3 points) and 1-6 from 3 in game 7 (scoring only 5 points). Nice job Tony. Some team player you are. It was like Parker was upset that Green was going to win Finals MVP so he blasted Danny, took the ball in his hands, and played hero ball in game 6 and 7 and lost us the series, both on and off the court.

Mikeanaro
12-03-2013, 10:18 PM
I thought Parker ruined him after game 5 vs the Heat. He said quote “I can’t believe he’s still open at this moment in the series,” “They are still trapping me and doubling Timmy and Danny is wide open. He’s shooting the ball well. If you are going to leave Danny wide open, he’s going to make threes.”

It was like Parker was discrediting what Danny had done up to that point. So he broke the 3 point record? He was wide open. So he's making a lot of 3's? He was wide open. Oh, and he wouldn't have made all those 3's without me, the great Tony Parker, and the great Tim Duncan being doubled in the first place! He just slammed him. It was the most unspur-like thing I've ever heard a Spur say. We were ONE GAME away Tony. ONE GAME. But no. You couldn't shut your goddamn mouth and had to go discredit Danny and ruin his confidence like that.

Oh and by the way, after that quote from Parker, Danny went 1-5 from 3 in game 6 (scoring only 3 points) and 1-6 from 3 in game 7 (scoring only 5 points). Nice job Tony. Some team player you are. It was like Parker was upset that Green was going to win Finals MVP so he blasted Danny, took the ball in his hands, and played hero ball in game 6 and 7 and lost us the series, both on and off the court.

No other than TPork is gonna have that MVP if we win it all, he thinks is the next Duncan because is the younger of the Big 3 and wants to be in charge.
I felt at the time it was dumb to say that about Green, it was like HEY GUYS YOU WANNA WIN!? SHUT GREEN!
Aside from his great defense Green is an unidimensional player just 3s and no layups whatsoever.
What happened to Green since the start of game 6? could be TPork shot his confidence down or he started to play with that snake of his inside his ass.
Anyway, I hope Porker learned to shut his mouth, thats why pop hates to talk about strategies with reporters during games.

SpurSpurSpurs
12-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Not sure if Danny is the scrub or if it's you.

look_at_g_shred
12-04-2013, 11:17 AM
For the money, why don't you find a better role player Keyboard GM!!!

12-07-2013, 11:42 PM
For the money, why don't you find a better role player Keyboard GM!!!2 points lmao

PlayNando
12-08-2013, 12:19 AM
Dude is a no-show in close games. He just thrives off of blowouts when the pressure is off and he can just jack away. It's true, you know.

Budkin
12-08-2013, 12:22 AM
Pathetic outing once again. I'm not giving up on him yet though.

PlayNando
12-08-2013, 01:08 AM
He is a scrubby front-runner.

look_at_g_shred
12-08-2013, 02:30 AM
Dude is a no-show in close games. He just thrives off of blowouts when the pressure is off and he can just jack away. It's true, you know.
Game 3 if the finals says hi!

spurs10
12-08-2013, 03:03 AM

Well it's not as if Miami wasn't going to notice that Green was making a lot of shots. They probably watch tape too. His poor shooting in games 6 & 7 was more due to the Heat running him off the three point line. Now he shows up in every teams scouting report.

PlayNando
12-08-2013, 03:04 AM
Game 3 if the finals says hi!
We won that game by 36 points. I said close games. :lol

Diego20
12-08-2013, 07:18 AM
Bellineli starter please, or Manu.

Ice009
12-08-2013, 07:29 AM
Can't have Green scoring 0 points every game. That is absolutely PATHETIC!

Is it time to bench him and insert Marco into the starting 5 to shake things up a little bit? Even Stephen Jackson could stumble his way to more than 2 points if he were still here.

Tracy McGrady, Corey Maggette, all these guys could score more than two points a game. I don't know if you guys realize how bad and useless Green is out there on offense right now. Bruce Bowen is looking like a serious offensive player compared to him right now. Bruce would at least get you some points every game, he was very consistent, you could always count on him to get you around 6 points a game. Danny is giving us absolutely nothing on the offensive end right now.

Texas_Ranger
12-08-2013, 07:44 AM
Like I said before. He's just an open jump shooter. When a defender sticks with him he can't do shit, cause his ball handling skills are pathetic and he can't finish around the rim. I also think some of you overrate his defense. The guy jumps every single time when someone pump fakes. I don't mind him being on a team, but damn, can't he learn to dribble the ball a little, cause he didn't improve at all from last year.

james evans
12-08-2013, 07:54 AM
i just wish he knew how to pump fake, put the ball on the floor and shoot the midrange. larry bird made a career out of it and he was slow as molasses in the winter. surely noone here believes larry bird was faster than danny green. they guy has played 4 years of college, high school ball, and nba and he still doesn't know how to pump fake and go around defender to shoot. wtf

tmtcsc
12-08-2013, 08:50 AM
OTB: Manu Ginobili played terrific. It's nice to see him playing like he used to (albeit without getting to the line or driving as he once did).

blkroadrunners
12-08-2013, 10:19 AM
lol watch he scores at least 13 against Toronto

PlayNando
12-08-2013, 12:28 PM
lol watch he scores at least 13 against Toronto
In a game we win by 20? I could see it. Dude is a front-runner that scores in blowouts against largely scrubby teams..........

look_at_g_shred
12-08-2013, 12:43 PM
We won that game by 36 points. I said close games. :lol
:lol

G-Dawgg
12-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Never say that scrub's name and Bruce Bowen in the same sentence ever again.....

Austin_Toros
12-08-2013, 08:12 PM
IMO Green has been disappointing this season. I don't like the fact that when the opponent closes him he can't score...at all. I believe he's been pretty invisible in Spurs' losses this season.

ducks
12-08-2013, 11:11 PM
green right now should imo not be starting
he is hurting spacing the floor

ducks
12-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Can't have Green scoring 0 points every game. That is absolutely PATHETIC!

Is it time to bench him and insert Marco into the starting 5 to shake things up a little bit? Even Stephen Jackson could stumble his way to more than 2 points if he were still here.

Tracy McGrady, Corey Maggette, all these guys could score more than two points a game. I don't know if you guys realize how bad and useless Green is out there on offense right now. Bruce Bowen is looking like a serious offensive player compared to him right now. Bruce would at least get you some points every game, he was very consistent, you could always count on him to get you around 6 points a game. Danny is giving us absolutely nothing on the offensive end right now.

I agree atleast for a few games to see what it does
he needs a fire under his ass his head got to big about finals mvp IMO

PlayNando
12-08-2013, 11:14 PM
Never say that scrub's name and Bruce Bowen in the same sentence ever again.....
Word.............

Bowen = GOAT

Danny = Scrub

Sean Cagney
12-09-2013, 12:19 AM

I am sure any coach with a brain would notice that without Tony saying that to be honest.

BackHome
12-09-2013, 01:27 AM
One things that Danny, Nando, and Bonner have in common is that they are very fragile in the mind. When things go bad they usually go into a shell and it is hard to get them to come out. Part of that is Pop fault but they are decent players they just don't have that swagger that you need to be good/great.