PDA

View Full Version : How do you overcome internet forums addiction?

apalisoc_9
12-03-2013, 01:02 AM
I think I'm finally going to admit the fact that I've been slowly killing a lot of opportunities, wasting my precious hours on internet forums that does me more harm than good. There's a lot of good stuff in forums, but in reality the good stuff usually ends after 30 minutes and after 30, you've already checked everything you need to check. I don't have the luxury to dick around like a lot of you people who have careers at this point in your lives..chances are, my girl is going to leave me in a year or two if I don't get my shit together..She's been semi-supporting me financially alongside with my parents the last couple of years even though I'm already in my early twenties. Made some terrible decisions in life and shit.

I have an exam tomorrow but instead of studying I dick around in forums. I studied for 5 hours in sunday, stopped to read forums and never came back to studying..Whenever, I'm with my current girl, In a class, work.. I just can't resist checking my phone for forum updates.

I spend most of time trying to entertain myself with lolz either by trolling or reading troll post..and it's so addictive.

I don't even post much, but sometimes I'd find myslef reading 10 pages of SA2012 vs chump and blake because it entertains me..:depressed..

I hate having to admit the fact that I'm a terrible parasite..but I am. My parents are already telling me stuff, my girl is getting older and older by day and she's starting to show sings of frustrations..I know she's going to bring up marriage in a year or two...Before anyone ask, I legit shit my pants when she did see me post in spurstalk..thankfully, it doesn't look like she even remember the site...

Thebesteva
12-03-2013, 01:06 AM
1) Gym
2) Pussy
3) Alcohol
4)Career

In no particular order

Rogue
12-03-2013, 01:15 AM
thing I often use to treat internet addiction is writing because I have a passion for writing and it makes me proud when I write something good. I think you gotta find something that you're really interested in, and you'll start doing that thing so you'll spend less time on the internet imho. Spurstalk feels like my home and I have a lot of fun here but it is far from being the whole life of mine, I know some people whose lives include nothing but bickering over trivial issues on Spurstalk though (like ChumpDumper), but I believe you ain't no one like them and you'll sort of find a way out of such "addiction" imho. You have a life, studying in college with a great future in front of you, having parents who support you and a girl who loves you. You just need to see the right side of your life imho.

And a smart man would never get married before the age of 30 which's the golden rule of Leykism tbh. if she really loves you then she can wait till you turn 30 tbh. with that said, you can live together without being married, just to give more flexibility to yourself and also to her.

apalisoc_9
12-03-2013, 01:23 AM
thing I often use to treat internet addiction is writing because I have a passion for writing and it makes me proud when I write something good. I think you gotta find something that you're really interested in, and you'll start doing that thing so you'll spend less time on the internet imho. Spurstalk feels like my home and I have a lot of fun here but it is far from being the whole life of mine, I know some people whose lives include nothing but bickering over trivial issues on Spurstalk though (like ChumpDumper), but I believe you ain't no one like them and you'll sort of find a way out of such "addiction" imho. You have a life, studying in college with a great future in front of you, having parents who support you and a girl who loves you. You just need to see the right side of your life imho.

And a smart man would never get married before the age of 30 which's the golden rule of Leykism tbh. if she really loves you then she can wait till you turn 30 tbh. with that said, you can live together without being married, just to give more flexibility to yourself and also to her.

I know what you mean man, but I wouldn't be too concerned with this addiction if I was in my 40's and have a decent stream of money going in ( Chumpdumber and the likes). The fact is, I earn 200-400 dollars a month doing freelance work online and that's it. It was a decision I made when I quit my job because I thought it had more potential but slowly I'm realizing how much of a shit decision that was. Yeah I know what you mean about passion, but I don't have any passions..I seriously don't. The only thing I'm overrly passionate about is soccer, but I've given up on soccer two years ago. And I don't want to visit soccer sites either. It's just frustates me so much because I know I'm bringing down my girl and my parents with me..I know that I could do better..I can probably been doing a lot better now, if it wasn't for this addiction.

As for the girl brah, she's a couple years older and is a woman. I think most women start feeling the pressure by that age...I wouldn't be surprised if she leaves me in a year tbh. She probably should, cause it's just bringing her down. I kinda feel bad...She's been talking about settling/marriage the last few months..Probably just wishful thinking on her part because she knows damn well I'm not ready for anything.

Rogue
12-03-2013, 01:46 AM
You're still only in your early 20s though, I think you have a lot of better things to do at this point of time in your life than settle down in a marriage and start to deal with tedious household stuffs like your parents do imho. Have you considered the option of going back to school? School is shit but at least a college degree will help you get a decent job. I'm in my mid 20s, already on the wrong side of the 25 mark and I'm still wasting my time and parents' money on that piece of shit. The college degree won't make any significant difference but at least I'm having more spare time so I can spend the time doing things I really like, such as writing, posting and playing video games.

I used to work at a shitty treadmill job without no hope of promotion, so I decided to quit that shit after only a few months working there. Then I spent almost a year being at home doing basically nothing but posting and playing, but my life was drastically changed after I developed the affection for our goddess. She made me see the bright side of my life, she rekindled my dreams inside my heart and encouraged me to continue to pursue them. Our goddess might just be a sex symbol to most people, but to me she's more like a spiritual symbol tbh.

And I believe that a man never needs to put himself in any kind of desperation when it comes to love/relationship issues. I'm 25yr old now and I've never ever touched a girl's hand even, and I'm in no hurry... There're too many fine bitches out there waiting for you and you don't need to commit yourself to one of them, especially not at such a young age imho. I've come across girls that I loved (like Leigh) and also those who loved me (like Chelsea) but I never considered beginning a relationship with anyone of them because as a student I always know what's the right thing to do at school.

Your girlfriend sounds like a good one and it's apparent that she loves you, but imho marriage isn't the only way to maintain such a pure friendship like this. Your relationship with that girl may end someday but your friendship with her can still continue imho, like an elder sister or something. I'm always a believer that sex isn't the only bond of love, instead I think that true love has nothing to do with sex. Like, I love our goddess and will love her forever without ever "making love" with her, while someone like DH may score 100+ bitches his lifetime but will end up reaping no love at all.

m>s
12-03-2013, 01:53 AM
First you got to grow a big enough dick to make live to your girlfriend then that will keep you both occupied for most of the time IMHO

lakerhaterade
12-03-2013, 01:58 AM
Viability of suicide, etc

Rogue
12-03-2013, 02:33 AM
I know what you mean man, but I wouldn't be too concerned with this addiction if I was in my 40's and have a decent stream of money going in ( Chumpdumber and the likes).
You've confused Chumpdumber with guys like DMC and Cosmicboy imho. And money is probably the last thing that matters to you at this point of time imho. The thing that a young guy most needs to do is equip himself with new skills and knowledge in order to increase his odd of succeeding in the future. I believe your parents aren't counting on you to bring home any extra income, so you're still free to pursue your dreams with the support from your parents.

The fact is, I earn 200-400 dollars a month doing freelance work online and that's it. It was a decision I made when I quit my job because I thought it had more potential but slowly I'm realizing how much of a shit decision that was.
I was pretty much in a similar situation about one and a half years ago tbh. I was working at a shitty job where I felt hopeless and depressed, like every workday was a torture to me. My parents loved me and they understood my depression and frustration but they still urged me to continue working there regardless, because they wanted me to start dating girls and getting married within 3-4 years. I've always been a good kid since as far as I can remember, but I couldn't just conform to even my parents when their stubbornness was jeopardizing my life and my dreams, so I abruptly made the decision to quit that shit around the Independence Day last year. I'm still feeling that if there're any right decisions that I've ever made in my life, then that had to be one tbh.

Yeah I know what you mean about passion, but I don't have any passions..I seriously don't. The only thing I'm overrly passionate about is soccer, but I've given up on soccer two years ago. And I don't want to visit soccer sites either. It's just frustates me so much because I know I'm bringing down my girl and my parents with me..I know that I could do better..I can probably been doing a lot better now, if it wasn't for this addiction.

I think there's a sheer difference between your hobby and your career imho. Sometimes you may feel interested in something but when you study it as a career you'll probably find it boring and give it up eventually (just like physics to me). I used to be an avid fan of physics in high school and I chose that shit as my major for undergraduate years but gradually I lost interest in that shit and completely gave it up in my junior year.

Not everyone has the luck to have a career in what he/she is really interested in (like our goddess Scarlett who has a passion for acting and who succeeds doing it), but I think we can still choose a career that's more or less related to our favorite activity. Like, it might be too late for you to turn professional as a soccer player but you may try something similar, like you can become a ghostwriter for some soccer boards, a scout, a coach, or a football agent or any kind of job in this same industry.

As for the girl brah, she's a couple years older and is a woman. I think most women start feeling the pressure by that age...I wouldn't be surprised if she leaves me in a year tbh. She probably should, cause it's just bringing her down. I kinda feel bad...She's been talking about settling/marriage the last few months..Probably just wishful thinking on her part because she knows damn well I'm not ready for anything.

It may sound a bit cruel but marriage is more like a business these days rather than a certain result of love tbh. My point is that if you and the girl really love each other, marriage isn't necessary, and you can even live together without being married. You don't need to be married to have kids in America, and I guess Canada is similar. If marriage is the only thing she wants and she's aware that you're not ready for it yet, she'll probably leave you in a year or even sooner... but even if she does so, it doesn't mean she no longer loves you, but instead it means she really loves you, maybe even more than you love her. Sometimes the best way to show your love for that person is just to leave him/her, when you know you don't have the resources to meet his/her needs or to make him/her happy imho. Your girlfriend doesn't wanna put too much burden on your young shoulders so she'd just choose to leave you, give you more freedom and keep your dreams alive, despite how much she still loves you.

apalisoc_9
12-03-2013, 07:17 AM
[QUOTE=Rogue;6984839
[/QUOTE]

As I stated earlier rogue, I do go to school right now. The big pictures does not really look that bad..In my early 20's going to university, have a girlfriend etc. but the truth is, If I don't stop this addiction I will more than likley become mediocre the rest of my life. It's scary to think about it...

I got you in the coaching depertment..I think I'm going to join one of those coaching internships next summer and see how it goes.

I just wanna finish school but I feel like I'm going to finish school with the shitiest of GPAs..

Brazil
12-03-2013, 08:55 AM
:lol

get your shit together son, analyze where you are, define where you want to be, define a path and a timing, remove your fingers out of your ass and act

Rogue
12-03-2013, 09:47 AM
As I stated earlier rogue, I do go to school right now. The big pictures does not really look that bad..In my early 20's going to university, have a girlfriend etc. but the truth is, If I don't stop this addiction I will more than likley become mediocre the rest of my life. It's scary to think about it...

I got you in the coaching depertment..I think I'm going to join one of those coaching internships next summer and see how it goes.

I just wanna finish school but I feel like I'm going to finish school with the shitiest of GPAs..
I finished college with shitty GPA but still got admitted to the graduate school anyway. I think the knowledge learned and skills acquired during the process are more important than the degree and GPA. Not saying the degree and GPA ain't important but I believe you gotta love something to do it well tbh. It seems you don't post too much here (your post count still below 2,000) but you said you've spent too much time watching & enjoying those meaningless quarrels. I don't see no fun there tbh, it delivers me no fun watching two or more never-grown posters calling each other faggot or shit, it's a total waste of time tbh. In fact I only read the posts of few good posters' these days (DMC's, Shadow's and some old-school mavs fans' etc...)

I'm also a avid soccer fan tbh, been playing FM series for years, just don't have no certain team to support. I'm currently a Chelsea fan because I believe Jose will lead the team back to the top of the premier league this season, and yeah, i'm pretty much a band wagoner when it comes to soccer. Or maybe I'm just a professional soccer fan, like those coaches and other professionals in this business. There ain't no coach who coaches the one same team his entire career imho.

apalisoc_9
12-03-2013, 10:42 AM
I finished college with shitty GPA but still got admitted to the graduate school anyway. I think the knowledge learned and skills acquired during the process are more important than the degree and GPA. Not saying the degree and GPA ain't important but I believe you gotta love something to do it well tbh. It seems you don't post too much here (your post count still below 2,000) but you said you've spent too much time watching & enjoying those meaningless quarrels. I don't see no fun there tbh, it delivers me no fun watching two or more never-grown posters calling each other faggot or shit, it's a total waste of time tbh. In fact I only read the posts of few good posters' these days (DMC's, Shadow's and some old-school mavs fans' etc...)

I'm also a avid soccer fan tbh, been playing FM series for years, just don't have no certain team to support. I'm currently a Chelsea fan because I believe Jose will lead the team back to the top of the premier league this sotason, and yeah, i'm pretty much a band wagoner when it comes to soccer. Or maybe I'm just a professional soccer fan, like those coaches and other professionals in this business. There ain't no coach who coaches the one same team his entire career imho.

Yeah I've been lurking the site since 2008 I believe and been a member for 4 years If I'm not mistaken..But that's the thing, A year ago, I was probably around post 500 and now I'm almost close to 2k..I also post in other forums. If i had to sum up all my post count in all forums it would probably be around 8-12k in about 4 years time, but a bulk of those came in just under a year 2012 till now..

I hate to admit, but I've regressed attitude wise. I was a hardworking Asian kid, that put in a lot of hours at work..I invested money, did better in school the first I was in university etc..It's mind boggling. I was better then than I am now...Kinda like a player winning rookie of the year award and sucking for the next few years..

Do you work right now? When I was younger I actually thought about doing a graduate study but now, I know it's not for me. I just wanna finish my undergrad and sell Chinese/Egyptian made paintings on the side. I guess I wouldn't be too down if i was 21 or 20..but I just turned 23 and I still have a couple of years to finish my undegrad. Not to mention, I am more than likely going to stop for a year or sem due to financial difficulty. I've paid for my education the last 5 semesters because I don't want debt by the time I graduate, but I don't know if I made the right decision. Sold my car, etc..having difficult in a simple math class, having to rely on parents and my own chick just to get through the bare necessities.

Every time I think about the fact that most 23 years olds have things going for them, my problem and these math classes tend to magnify. My addiction with the interwebs certainly played a role, and it's just gets on my head..

I hate asking stuff, but have you noticed a change in how your parents treat you being 25 and still somewhat dependent on them? I am in the same boat with soccer tbh..I really don't have a team to follow, so I just watch whoever is hot...

cantthinkofanything
12-03-2013, 10:52 AM
this was a pretty good troll but now you fucked it up

Rogue
12-04-2013, 04:48 AM
I have to admit that my parents don't like me to live this way. They want me to live like an adult, like my cousins who're all married now and have babies. But that ain't the type of life I want and I'm damn sure about it tbh. Some of my classmates do part time jobs for shitty pay, I know, but I'd rather live a frugal life while depending on my parents financially. I don't hang out with friends, and I even make lunch-skipping a norm in my life cuz the foods sold at school's canteens are grossly expensive these days, and for sure I've never got a girlfriend or shit (and it's not like I couldn't have, tbh)... I'm been doing everything to minimize my living cost, while marching persistently forward on my way to the dreamland. I'm also a hardworking Asian kid and I believe we both have ambitions, and the only difference between us is you have a girlfriend, something I have had none, and never will have one.

My parents are pretty upset and disappointed with my current condition tbh, they want me to start dating bitches and doing things that most young people do, but celibacy is my religion that I'll always stick to at all cost, that i'll never relinquish tbh.

Spurtacular
09-07-2015, 01:12 AM
I think I'm finally going to admit the fact that I've been slowly killing a lot of opportunities, wasting my precious hours on internet forums that does me more harm than good.

So, what do you do? You ramp up your retardation :lol

I don't have the luxury to dick around like a lot of you people who have careers at this point in your lives..

Clearly, you do.

chances are, my girl is going to leave me in a year or two if I don't get my shit together..

You can always go back to imaginary girls if you can't find another boy who tucks.

She's been semi-supporting me financially alongside with my parents the last couple of years even though I'm already in my early twenties. Made some terrible decisions in life and shit.

A parasite at home, a parasite online.

I don't even post much, but sometimes I'd find myslef reading 10 pages of SA2012 vs chump and blake because it entertains me..:depressed..

You couldn't find better role models than that, huh?

I spend most of time trying to entertain myself with lolz either by trolling or reading troll post..and it's so addictive.

Yup, you're a hardcore tool.

I hate having to admit the fact that I'm a terrible parasite..but I am.

Time for another admission. This time, do something about it.

Nbadan
09-07-2015, 01:28 AM
:lol

get your shit together son, analyze where you are, define where you want to be, define a path and a timing, remove your fingers out of your ass and act

SMART goal setting 101 IMO...

Nbadan
09-07-2015, 01:29 AM
The only way to beat internet addiction is too quit....cold turkey....

BD24
09-07-2015, 10:00 AM
:lmaoholy shit :lmao
Thanks for the bump Spurtacular and thanks for the lulz apa. The gift that keeps on giving :toast

theInternet
09-07-2015, 10:08 AM
http://cdn3.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/computer-long-press-power-button.jpg