PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Quick question yall

thunderup
12-03-2013, 02:18 AM
After rewatching the end of game 6 of the NBA finals, I have to ask: was Ginobili fouled on that drive that could've given the Spurs the lead had they been given the deserved free throws?

I don't want to see or hear :cry they don't call that at the end of a game, especially a Game 6 of the NBA finals :cry. That's a copout. Be realistic, is that a foul? I think yes yall.

spurraider21
12-03-2013, 02:24 AM
they very easily could have called that. if you ask me, they blow the whistles if that play came midway through the third quarter. still, i'm not going to whine and bitch about the officiating of that game. we bricked 2, not 1, but 2 game icing free throws and gave up 2 offensive rebounds leading to three point shots.

i mean if you really want to nitpick, you can say bosh made contact with Green on the last shot. it was after the shot was released, but by the rulebook you can't hit a player on his way down either (which is why they wanted that foul called on Dante Jones against Kobe when he hurt his ankle).

but i'm ok with the no calls. they didn't cost us the game. our own choke job did.

KaiRMD1
12-03-2013, 02:35 AM
The problem with fouls like that is it's Ginobili, much like how Harden didn't get the whistle the other night when Green caught him. I personally don't think it was a foul but I've been wrong before ol' sport

Trainwreck2100
12-03-2013, 02:46 AM
yes he was fouled, after he took like 20 steps to get to the basket. Should have called a timeout

HI-FI
12-03-2013, 02:59 AM
it could've been called a foul, but like said above, it could've been traveling as well IIRC. refs always swallow whistles at the end, why, I don't know. perhaps it's the crescendo of entertainment and Stern et al don't want to interrupt it.

I was actually at peace with the officiating in the Finals. It wasn't perfect, but about as good as you will get with the WWE NBA. Ironically the officiating in the 2012 WCF pissed me off much more, they just started calling everything against the Spurs at the end, letting Spearchucker get away with more goal tending than I remember.

Spurs really only have themselves to blame in the Finals. It was a self inflicted wound. Too many key mistakes, with Ginobili being the worst. He's always played wild, but that Miami D really made him crack. When Lebron joined forces with two other All Stars, people knew it was going to be tough battle for the other teams.

AussieFanKurt
12-03-2013, 03:23 AM
no call was correct, turnobili is a cunt

SpurSwag
12-03-2013, 03:27 AM
Honestly a good no call, like everyone else has said that could have just as well been called a travel

Arcadian
12-03-2013, 04:11 AM
:lol that third answer choice

elmanutres
12-03-2013, 12:01 PM
Argument can be made both ways. It was either a foul or a travel. Quite frankly gm 6 of the 2012 wcf pisses me off more