PDA

View Full Version : Tony never gets the recognition he deserves....

apalisoc_9
12-03-2013, 11:16 AM
Timmy plays one good game and everyone is creaming their pants making and bumping threads left and right...

Manu doesn't register 5 turnovers and everyone has an orgasm

Kawhi gets a dunk and boohahaha...

Some of you are worse than lakerfan who hate on Pau Gasol

Skull-1
12-03-2013, 11:24 AM
Says the idiot who suggested Tim retire. :lmao

Prime Time
12-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Troll has a point. Tony carried our asses multiple times in the playoffs, most notably in the Memphis/Golden State series. In the WCF, people could only cream about Duncan's G3 OT performance (Which was amazing btw). But in Game 4, Parker goes for 37 on .714% shooting and fans barely remember. Imagine if Duncan or Manu put up that kind of performance... SPLOOGE

TP will always be third wheel in the eyes of Spurs fans. He'll always be unappreciated. Even now that he's San Antonio's best player, Fans will never acknowledge his true greatness.

Parker has an ability only guys like Magic, Thomas, and Kidd had. and that's the ability to be a star point-guard while playing within a system. (No, not saying Parker is anywhere near those players. But he has the same mindset)

Hell, people bring up Parker's Game 7 egg over the three-pointer/clutch layup he had in the final minute of Game 6. Parker did whatever he could to get us #5, tbh.

ThaBigFundamental21
12-03-2013, 12:46 PM
Troll has a point. Tony carried our asses multiple times in the playoffs, most notably in the Memphis/Golden State series. In the WCF, people could only cream about Duncan's G3 OT performance (Which was amazing btw). But in Game 4, Parker goes for 37 on .714% shooting and fans barely remember. Imagine if Duncan or Manu put up that kind of performance... SPLOOGE

TP will always be third wheel in the eyes of Spurs fans. He'll always be unappreciated. Even now that he's San Antonio's best player, Fans will never acknowledge his true greatness.

Parker has an ability only guys like Magic, Thomas, and Kidd had. and that's the ability to be a star point-guard while playing within a system. (No, not saying Parker is anywhere near those players. But he has the same mindset)

Hell, people bring up Parker's Game 7 egg over the three-pointer/clutch layup he had in the final minute of Game 6. Parker did whatever he could to get us #5, tbh.

LMAO. Kidd is the most overrated PG of all time. I don't care what anyone says.

Prime Time
12-03-2013, 01:27 PM
LMAO. Kidd is the most overrated PG of all time. I don't care what anyone says.
Yeah, I could see where you're coming from. But he still had the ability to play within a system while not trying to do too much. Guys like CP3 and Curry play like they're in a game of streetball. Can't imagine either one of them leading the Nets to the finals twice.

Mikeanaro
12-03-2013, 01:43 PM
He would never get that and doesnt need it, he never played team ball I suspect he did a few passes in the finals because he didnt feel good but when he is ok always plays hero ball for 22 seconds and then at the last moment makes horrible passes to Manu or whoever is in his sight and the poor dude shoots a forced brick.
So thanks but no, a little recognition and tony plays hero ball 24 seconds.

DAF86
12-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Tony doesn't shoot threes regularly, doesn't dunk, is French and cucks teammates.

Brazil
12-03-2013, 03:08 PM
Tony doesn't shoot threes regularly, doesn't dunk, is French and cucks teammates.

great resume tbh

hater
12-03-2013, 04:03 PM

still better than dishing 8 assists to the Heat in game 6 imo

DAF86
12-03-2013, 04:12 PM
still better than dishing 8 assists to the Heat in game 6 imo

Apperently not if you want to get recognition in here, tbh.

Holden_Caulfield
12-03-2013, 04:24 PM
spurs dont need recognition, its what we do!

EVAY
12-03-2013, 04:32 PM
He would never get that and doesnt need it, he never played team ball I suspect he did a few passes in the finals because he didnt feel good but when he is ok always plays hero ball for 22 seconds and then at the last moment makes horrible passes to Manu or whoever is in his sight and the poor dude shoots a forced brick.
So thanks but no, a little recognition and tony plays hero ball 24 seconds.

This is truly one of the most ill-informed and idiotic posts I have seen in ST, and that is quite an accomplishment. I'm sure your parents are proud of you.

hater
12-03-2013, 04:35 PM
Apperently not if you want to get recognition in here, tbh.

not true. At this point Parker gets more recognition than Turnobili in here imo. And fairly so.

still I do agree if Parker was on the Knicks, he'd probably be the king of the NBA. It's mostly the San Antonio manutards that can't digest Parker imo

TXstbobcat
12-03-2013, 04:37 PM
spurs dont need recognition, its what we do!

those 4 championship banners hanging in the AT&T center are all the recognition the spurs need.

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

EVAY
12-03-2013, 04:46 PM
not true. At this point Parker gets more recognition than Turnobili in here imo. And fairly so.

still I do agree if Parker was on the Knicks, he'd probably be the king of the NBA. It's mostly the San Antonio manutards that can't digest Parker imo

This is true.

Did anyone notice in the coverage of last night's game against Atlanta that Pop said he had tried to do more iso's and different looks than normal so as not to play into Coach's Bud's knowledge of the Spurs? It occurred to me when I read the write-up (today's local paper) that it went a long way to explaining how messed up our offense looked at times last night. People kept saying that the ball was not moving well and accusing Parker in particular of messing up the offense. Once again, it was not Parker but Pop's coaching that was at the root of the issue.

Some folks in here cannot get it through their heads that there is only person in charge of the team, whether on the floor during a game or otherwise, and that is Pop. Remember how there were so many turnovers last night? It's because they were all trying to play one on one BECAUSE POP TOLD THEM TO DO THAT!!!!!

hater
12-03-2013, 05:06 PM
This is true.

Did anyone notice in the coverage of last night's game against Atlanta that Pop said he had tried to do more iso's and different looks than normal so as not to play into Coach's Bud's knowledge of the Spurs? It occurred to me when I read the write-up (today's local paper) that it went a long way to explaining how messed up our offense looked at times last night. People kept saying that the ball was not moving well and accusing Parker in particular of messing up the offense. Once again, it was not Parker but Pop's coaching that was at the root of the issue.

Some folks in here cannot get it through their heads that there is only person in charge of the team, whether on the floor during a game or otherwise, and that is Pop. Remember how there were so many turnovers last night? It's because they were all trying to play one on one BECAUSE POP TOLD THEM TO DO THAT!!!!!

well said.

Pop might be a great coach, but he is a stubbord control freak. Him and RC decided this team goes as far as Parker takes them. Which is the right choice BTW. So they told Parker to pretty much do whatever the fuck he wants out there including heroballing if he has to.

In the end, Parker heroball is really the only chance Spurs have of winning anything. Someone needs to carry the team when the shots stop falling.

cantthinkofanything
12-03-2013, 05:10 PM
I agree.

Leetonidas
12-03-2013, 06:09 PM
Didn't Parker break his hand in before the playoffs in 2010 and the result was the Spurs getting swept by the fucking Suns? No one runs the team better than Parker, period. A lot of times the offense is all over the place and out of control while he is out of the game. He is a master at running the Spurs offense, some people need to acknowledge his greatness tbh

And lol at all the hero ball bullshit. If Tony really wanted to be the hero he would've taken big money from some other team and left and put up tons of points. But he didn't, he took less money than his market value and willingly plays in a shitty city like San Antonio when he knows he would be a god somewhere like NY or LA. Spurfan needs to show him some respect for that imo

Mikeanaro
12-03-2013, 06:35 PM
This is truly one of the most ill-informed and idiotic posts I have seen in ST, and that is quite an accomplishment. I'm sure your parents are proud of you.
You are the best pure asshole IŽbe ever seen, I guess Porker cock is big enough to make fags like you run a pride parade, talking about my parents, what about yours?

EVAY
12-03-2013, 07:26 PM
You are the best pure asshole IŽbe ever seen, I guess Porker cock is big enough to make fags like you run a pride parade, talking about my parents, what about yours?

Mine were married when I was conceived and born. Yet another difference between you and me.

HI-FI
12-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Parker has always been an infuriating player for me, but I've come to appreciate him more with age, still not a favorite Spur tbh. I think it's his smugness and heroball that pisses me off the most. He's sort of like our Kobe, lot of ballhogging that does result in some killer shots, no doubt. He's not into rape like Kobe but cucking, which isn't as bad. He's also not a cancer like Kobe but I wouldn't call TP a natural leader. I think with age he has gotten better in that regard.

I also figured his occasional douchiness was a French thing but Boris seems cool as shit so could be a heroball side effect. Still Parker is one of the best PGs of all time and a surefire HOFer.

Mikeanaro
12-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Mine were married when I was conceived and born. Yet another difference between you and me.
Mine were non relatives, big difference, your parents must be cousins or something

EVAY
12-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Mine were non relatives, big difference, your parents must be cousins or something

:lol:toast Good One. Who told you?!?!?! :lol

Mikeanaro
12-03-2013, 07:33 PM
:lol:toast Good One. Who told you?!?!?! :lol
Bootsy Collins :hat

Sean Cagney
12-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Timmy plays one good game and everyone is creaming their pants making and bumping threads left and right...

Manu doesn't register 5 turnovers and everyone has an orgasm

Kawhi gets a dunk and boohahaha...

Some of you are worse than lakerfan who hate on Pau Gasol
I agree he never gets the credit he deserves from some but Tim has had more than one good game this year! Some idiots saying he should retire is just as bad as some hating on Tony for every little thing. Either way Spurs fans are bipolar alot of times it seems.

dbreiden83080
12-03-2013, 08:05 PM
He gets more than enough. He seems to feel he does not get enough also but when you consider what he is and isn't as a player it's fair.

Tony is a top 5 PG in the league and has been most of his career. He has never been the best Player in the NBA or won an MVP. Most of his career he has been 2nd fiddle to one of the all time greats.. He's been the best player on this team when Tim hit his twilight really only a few years ago. I am not sure what more credit he should be getting for what he has done..