PDA

View Full Version : Can Cam be the next Warren Moon, tbh?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-03-2013, 03:13 PM
I've been watching a lot of old school football recently, and I came upon the realization that Cam plays scary similar to the greatest blk QB of all time (and probably a top ten QB of all time).

I've been reading on NFL boards too that a lot of people compare Cam to Warren, McNair, etc. Cam has a strong enough arm and definitely has the physical aspect of his running game down. If he can continue to grow and work on certain decisions he makes and his accuracy a bit more, I think it would be an interesting comparison. I think given Newton's athleticism he already has more potential than Moon ever had... and with his passing game growing.. I think his passing could actually surpass Moon significantly.

KoolAid Mans Brother
12-03-2013, 03:19 PM
I can definitely see Cum as the next Moon. He was always known as the QB who whored regular season stats but was never good enough to win in the postseason when it mattered

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-03-2013, 03:19 PM
I can definitely see Cum as the next Moon. He was always known as the QB who whored regular season stats but was never good enough to win in the postseason when it mattered

he never had a top 5 defense tho

Avante
12-03-2013, 03:21 PM
Warren Moon is the most prolific passer in pro football history if we count his CFL days. As just an NFLer..

Fifth in passing yards, soon to be seventh thanks to Drew Brees/Tom Brady.

Eighth in td passes and will stay there awhile.

While Moon could run he was not a running QB at all. It was the very last resort.

Newton doesn't have the accuracy/touch that Moon had, he 's also not as football smart, more of the athlete who can throw. I don't see him putting up the career numbers that Moon did, his ability to run has a lot to do with that. Moon for look for that 4th option, Newton is gone.

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2013, 03:23 PM
Cam Newton QBR: 16th
Cam Newton DVOA: 16th
Cam Newton Adjusted Yards/Pass Attempts: 30th

His overall advanced metrics for gaining yards are actually pretty good due to his running ability, which is why I'd say he's above average and not average/below, tbh..

Cam is a slightly above average overall QB, tbh..great runner, below average passer..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-03-2013, 03:24 PM
Warren Moon is the most prolific passer in pro football history if we count his CFL days. As just an NFLer..

Fifth in passing yards, soon to be seventh thanks to Drew Brees/Tom Brady.

Eighth in td passes and will stay there awhile.

While Moon could run he was not a running QB at all. It was the very last resort.

Newton doesn't have the accuracy/touch that Moon had, he 's also not as football smart, more of the athlete who can throw. I don't see him putting up the career numbers that Moon did, his ability to run has a lot to do with that. Moon for look for that 4th option, Newton is gone.

Accuracy/touch is something that can be worked on.

But I was referring to Warren specifically because he was not a run-first QB. Cam isn't either. Even though he can run, he really only does 3-5 times a game. He averages in the mid 20's in attempts each game

Holden_Caulfield
12-03-2013, 03:29 PM
:lol damn nigga this forcefeeding, its getting out of hand. next year once carr becomes a jaguar, i'll do the same thing :lol

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Completion %: 19th
INT: 10th in the league despite being 17th in attempts

Newton is also 28th in the NFL in pass attempts 15 yards or greater, which makes his completion % look pathetic, tbh..

He's a below average passer, and that's being generous, tbh..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-03-2013, 03:39 PM
He's a below average passer, and that's being generous, tbh..

:lmao you're retarded

he threw for more yards his first two years than anyone else in history.

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2013, 03:48 PM
I just gave you the numbers, those are facts:lol..

His passing numbers this year have been pretty bad, tbh..great runner, though..

benefactor
12-03-2013, 05:01 PM
:lol...tbh.

leemajors
12-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Moon is a Hall of Famer, this isn't even a discussion.

Hoops Czar
12-04-2013, 02:55 AM
Moon is a Hall of Famer, this isn't even a discussion.

What does Warren Moon being a HOF'er have to do with this thread unless your ascertaining the thought that Cam isn't good enough to one day make the hall. That's almost as bad as Harlem using a one year sample size instead of 3 years to try and prove Cam is a below average passer or that his dysfunctional power rankings were just another way to show how inferior the rest of the NFL was compared to the Denver Broncos. Since that's no longer the case, his power rankings have such disappeared.

AchillesHeel
12-04-2013, 03:36 AM
niggas overrating Cum Newton, Russell Wilson is much better...

ahead of Cum in YDs, comp%,higher yard average per throw, more TDs and almost half as many INTs and his QBR just shits on Cum

As a rusher, Wilson doesn't have as many TDs, but averages more yards per run, averages more rushing yards per game.

Seriously, what's the hype with this particular chimp? Why does he seem to get more love than Wilson, when Wilson is doing better in every facet of the game, which includes winning. No one's winning in Seattle come playoff time.

leemajors
12-04-2013, 07:03 AM
What does Warren Moon being a HOF'er have to do with this thread unless your ascertaining the thought that Cam isn't good enough to one day make the hall. That's almost as bad as Harlem using a one year sample size instead of 3 years to try and prove Cam is a below average passer or that his dysfunctional power rankings were just another way to show how inferior the rest of the NFL was compared to the Denver Broncos. Since that's no longer the case, his power rankings have such disappeared.

there are 9 HOF qb's since the merger, Moon is one of them. the odds aren't terribly in Cam's favor. You'd think No Lyfe would be content hoping he would be the next Doug Williams.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-04-2013, 10:35 AM

pretty much

Clipper Nation
12-04-2013, 10:40 AM
:lmao Comparing Cum to Warren Moon

jeebus
12-04-2013, 11:14 AM
niggas overrating Cum Newton, Russell Wilson is much better...

yes but he's a half breed; coons want a pure breed nig that's guaranteed to choke when it counts.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-04-2013, 11:15 AM
yes but he's a half breed; coons want a pure breed nig that's guaranteed to choke when it counts.

i'm white

TheCultOfPersonality
12-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Cam Newton = black Ben Roethlisberger

Spur-Addict
12-04-2013, 12:53 PM
Pretty lofty comparison at this point in regards to moon. McNair is the closest of the two.

Holden_Caulfield
12-09-2013, 06:59 PM
:lol passing could surpass moon :lol

Pelicans78
12-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Pretty lofty comparison at this point in regards to moon. McNair is the closest of the two.

I agree with the McNair comparisons.

spurraider21
12-28-2013, 01:18 AM
:cry guys I never hyped cam

BRHornet45
12-28-2013, 01:33 AM
Warren Moon knew how to play the game of football like a real man. he didn't have to rely on a silly gimmick (aka Monkeyballism) to get his name out there. most importantly though Moon had what it took upstairs to get the job done. Cam is about as stupid as a human being can possibly be. he doesn't have what it takes upstairs to solve a basic math equation much less be an all time great like Moon was.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-28-2013, 01:34 AM
:cry I lost to a stupid m:crynkeyb:cryller :cry :cry :cry

jimbo
12-28-2013, 02:47 AM
He'll never be an all time great, but with a great defense any average NFL QB can win a superbowl.

I think a black QB has to win another one eventually. It's just a matter of time, like Avante's betting.

Wiz
12-28-2013, 11:24 AM
Cam >>>>>>>>>>>> Moon

JoeTait75
12-28-2013, 12:09 PM
If he gets Carolina to the NFC title game he'll have already surpassed Moon. The Oilers never made it to the AFC title game during Moon's career.

Clipper Nation
12-28-2013, 02:07 PM
Moon retired as the all-time leader in passing yards, touchdowns, pass completions, and pass attempts in pro football history (NFL and CFL).... comparing a game-manager like Cum to a real QB like Moon is a joke :lol

Wiz
12-28-2013, 02:19 PM
Moon retired as the all-time leader in passing yards, touchdowns, pass completions, and pass attempts in pro football history (NFL and CFL).... comparing a game-manager like Cum to a real QB like Moon is a joke :lol
You're a joke

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-24-2016, 06:42 PM
He's definitely moved his way towards accomplishing this feat. Him working with Ken Dorsey on his short/intermediate passes this offseason has only helped.

Now obviously Warren has more passing yards then a lot of players, but he also played in the Run N Shoot - an offense that allows those numbers. The CFL is also a historically passing-centric league.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-24-2016, 06:45 PM
Warren Moon knew how to play the game of football like a real man. he didn't have to rely on a silly gimmick (aka Monkeyballism) to get his name out there. most importantly though Moon had what it took upstairs to get the job done. Cam is about as stupid as a human being can possibly be. he doesn't have what it takes upstairs to solve a basic math equation much less be an all time great like Moon was.

I see why BR left. After completely destroying his soul with my predictions, in addition to defeating his team with the Saints were holding onto that last shred of mediocrity, there's no reason for him to stay.

:lol I wonder where this kid is now, son

benefactor
08-24-2016, 06:58 PM
:lol...tbh.

spurraider21
08-24-2016, 08:40 PM
He's definitely moved his way towards accomplishing this feat. Him working with Ken Dorsey on his short/intermediate passes this offseason has only helped.

Now obviously Warren has more passing yards then a lot of players, but he also played in the Run N Shoot - an offense that allows those numbers. The CFL is also a historically passing-centric league.
how could you possibly know this as fact tbh

leemajors
08-24-2016, 10:16 PM
Moon was better than Cam before he got to the NFL, how is this even an agrument?

Avante
08-25-2016, 01:13 AM
Newton is already on his way to surpassing what Moon did as far as the NFL goes, obviously he will never match Moon's CFL/NFL output but that really doesn't mean much.

Newton has a better comp %, a better TD/INT ratio and a superior QB rating than Moon had. And he is a far better runner than Moon.

Warren Moon is in the top 10 all time in TD passes and yards.

Moon was the guy who proved that blacks could play the QB at the NFL level.

Clipper Nation
08-26-2016, 07:03 PM