"You don't mess with Jerryd Bayless"

Up there with Blazers and Thunder announcers as being the worst tbh

lefty
12-03-2013, 10:08 PM
well it rhymes

Xylus
12-03-2013, 10:11 PM
Suns getting dominated tbh.

Who is Jon Leuer? Never heard of him in my life and he's dropped 21 and 9 on us. wtf i don't even

monosylab1k
12-03-2013, 10:12 PM
Sean Elliott alone makes the Spurs broadcasters far and away the worst in the league.

Xylus
12-03-2013, 10:14 PM
Blazers announcers can be pretty bad when they don't like the team they're playing against. For some reason, they had nothing but nice things to say about the Suns the last few times we've played them. When they played us in the playoffs a few years ago, though, they were godawful.

Seems like the smaller markets have the worst announcers. Wonder how Milwaukee's crew is.

irishock
12-03-2013, 10:20 PM
All the NW division announcers are horrible.

rayjayjohnson
12-03-2013, 10:20 PM
Sean Elliott alone makes the Spurs broadcasters far and away the worst in the league.
Truth bomb

monosylab1k
12-03-2013, 10:22 PM
http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012-articles/november/demarcus-cousins-suspended-for-confrontation-with-spurs-announcer-sean-elliott.html

I'm trying to think of a nice way to say this... Sean Elliott may be the single most insufferable homer sitting in an NBA broadcast booth. If you aren't a Spurs fan, or even if you're a level-headed Spurs fan, it is a brutal experience to try and sit down and watch a Spurs broadcast.

:lmao

AussieFanKurt
12-03-2013, 10:28 PM
http://www.awfulannouncing.com/2012-articles/november/demarcus-cousins-suspended-for-confrontation-with-spurs-announcer-sean-elliott.html

:lmao

its true tbh, he's an idiot

Clipper Nation
12-03-2013, 10:29 PM
That senile homer Tommy Heinsohn is a million times worse than Elliott or anyone else, tbh....

lefty
12-03-2013, 10:35 PM
That senile homer Tommy Heinsohn is a million times worse than Elliott or anyone else, tbh....
True

But he was vert professional when he was on CBS during the Celtics-Lakers era

monosylab1k
12-03-2013, 10:41 PM

Meh, he's awful but consider his audience. Boston sports fans aren't exactly held with the highest regard, they're mostly viewed as trashy dipshits with very little insight on the sport they're watching other than "Bahstaaahn's da best everyone else is a fahckin homo!" so Heinsohn is playing to his audience.

Spurs fans, on the other hand, have told everyone they possibly can about just how unbiased, intelligent, and classy they are as sports fans. And yet somehow they tolerate, and defend, a retarded bleating homer of the worst kind in Sean Elliott.

AussieFanKurt
12-03-2013, 10:42 PM

at least he's a funny cunt, sean elliott is just like that try hard nerd guy

Clipper Nation
12-03-2013, 10:44 PM
Meh, he's awful but consider his audience. Boston sports fans aren't exactly held with the highest regard, they're mostly viewed as trashy dipshits with very little insight on the sport they're watching other than "Bahstaaahn's da best everyone else is a fahckin homo!" so Heinsohn is playing to his audience.

I don't care who he's playing to, you can't say shit like "Greg Steimsma plays like a young Bill Russell" and not be considered the biggest homer commentator in the league, tbh :lol

elmanutres
12-03-2013, 10:50 PM
Spurs fans, on the other hand, have told everyone they possibly can about just how unbiased, intelligent, and classy they are as sports fans. And yet somehow they tolerate, and defend, a retarded bleating homer of the worst kind in Sean Elliott.
he gets paid to be biased and retarded. so does every other announcer in the league minus some of the national announcers.. what you want him to cheer when the opposing team scores a game winner or something?

Leetonidas
12-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Sean Elliott is the shit tbh I love his homerness, but it's not like he doesn't give the other teams credit, eat crow on calls that were replayed and shown to be contrary to what he thought, or not criticize the Spurs when they are playing like shit. His retarded food references are pretty funny sometimes :lol

The only thing he does that annoys me is his overuse of the word "vintage." How the fuck can something be "vintage Kawhi Leonard" when he's only in his 3rd season. Bill Land is awesome though and him and Sean have good chemistry. You can tell they really love basketball and genuinely enjoy watching the Spurs and are real fans. Unlike that clown with the retarded hair that does the in studio stuff :lol

Dex
12-03-2013, 11:00 PM
Blazers announcers can be pretty bad when they don't like the team they're playing against. For some reason, they had nothing but nice things to say about the Suns the last few times we've played them. When they played us in the playoffs a few years ago, though, they were godawful.

Seems like the smaller markets have the worst announcers. Wonder how Milwaukee's crew is.

Do people in Milwaukee have TVs?

monosylab1k
12-03-2013, 11:02 PM
he gets paid to be biased and retarded. so does every other announcer in the league minus some of the national announcers.. what you want him to cheer when the opposing team scores a game winner or something?

You can show excitement for the home team without being a retarded homer. There's plenty of home announcers who do just that. The Dallas TV announcers aren't great (Followill is generic, Harper is okay but nothing special, "Skin" is fucking awful but not a homer) but they show that it's possible to play to the home crowd without being a biased moron.

blkroadrunners
12-03-2013, 11:05 PM
The only thing he does that annoys me is his overuse of the word "vintage." How the fuck can something be "vintage Kawhi Leonard" when he's only in his 3rd season. Bill Land is awesome though and him and Sean have good chemistry. You can tell they really love basketball and genuinely enjoy watching the Spurs and are real fans. Unlike that clown with the retarded hair that does the in studio stuff :lol

*Duncan dribbling the ball down court w/ no one around*

"Tragic Johnson siting!"

Sportstudi
12-03-2013, 11:05 PM

Portland's Mike Rice is just up there. Goddamn, this guy is just awful. If you get to have the feed from Portland to watch a Mavs game (or any other team for that matter), you have to put it on mute. Completely unbearable.

Sportstudi
12-03-2013, 11:07 PM
You can show excitement for the home team without being a retarded homer. There's plenty of home announcers who do just that. The Dallas TV announcers aren't great (Followill is generic, Harper is okay but nothing special, "Skin" is fucking awful but not a homer) but they show that it's possible to play to the home crowd without being a biased moron.

This. Being a fan for the home team is normal and there's nothing wrong with that. But some announcers are such blatant homers, it's impossible to listen to them without being forced to puke.

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2013, 11:12 PM
The best announcers are the guys that make the opposing fans angry, tbh..they're getting paid to appeal to their own fanbase and fuel the rivalry/hatred from the other team..

I detest Houston, Portland and OKC's announcers, but I also hate their teams, so I respect the job the announcers are doing, tbh:lol..

HarlemHeat37
12-03-2013, 11:14 PM
The best announcers are easily Brooklyn, Golden State, Minnesota and Sacramento, tbh..

I also enjoy Washington, Philly and Milwaukee, too..

Clipper Nation
12-03-2013, 11:16 PM
Another annoying homer is one of the Clippers' announcers, Mike Smith.... I will say this, though, he's really good at breaking down and analyzing plays, but aside from that, he has really shitty homeristic takes.... there's a reason why one of Ralph Lawler's catchphrases is "settle down, Mike Smith" :lol

DAF86
12-03-2013, 11:23 PM
Elliott is a great commentator, tbh. He provides the goods analysis and entertainment wise and he's no more of a homer than 90% of the other team's commentators.

jeebus
12-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Sean the player was one of my favorites. Sean the announcer has me switch over to the radio broadcasts sometimes. It's amazing he ever had a job announcing games for NBC and ESPN.

spurraider21
12-03-2013, 11:46 PM
Elliott sucks. Best announcer crew is the Pelitcans actually. Joel Meyers is a boss. I actually didn't mind the Lakers tv broadcast when he was on.

DPG21920
12-03-2013, 11:47 PM
BKY, LAL & LAC are the best. BOS, HOU & POR/MEM are easily the worst. I don't think ****** is any where close to the worst. He actually gets onto the Spurs quite a bit and provides pretty solid technical insight. Yes, he's a homer and really corny, but at least he provides technical insight, insight from behind the scenes and calls out the Spurs when they play poorly.

spurraider21
12-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Another annoying homer is one of the Clippers' announcers, Mike Smith.... I will say this, though, he's really good at breaking down and analyzing plays, but aside from that, he has really shitty homeristic takes.... there's a reason why one of Ralph Lawler's catchphrases is "settle down, Mike Smith" :lol
Mike Smith and Stu Lantz are fucking awful color commentators. I hate everybody on LA's broadcast team with the exception of Lawler, and tbh i'm starting to find him really annoying.

but like you said, at least smith can bring the analytical goods. lantz is just retarded and as blatant a homer as elliott if not worse

DPG21920
12-03-2013, 11:49 PM

Dallas has one of the worst crews in the league. Not because they are homers, but because they bring absolutely nothing to the table. Skin knows nothing about the game and is CaprisunMan levels of funny. Followill talks in fake radio voice and Harper brings nothing of value. Not only do they not entertain, but they are not insightful about the game at all.

D-Wade
12-03-2013, 11:49 PM
The only thing he does that annoys me is his overuse of the word "vintage."

:lol His use of "We" is what pisses me off. Says it about 50 times a game. I mean damn, you're not playing anymore. He also seems to think every play of an opponent can be stopped if only a Spur did x y z. Sure he gives props to the opposition in a general sense, but mostly he seems to think it's because the Spurs fucked up that an opponent scored/won. Maybe the Heat (for example) were just better.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-03-2013, 11:50 PM
Elliott is a fun announcer to listen too plus he knows his Xs and Os.

D-Wade
12-03-2013, 11:52 PM
As bad as the Knicks and the Nets are, their commentary is fair and exciting tbh. Breen, Clyde, Fratello and Eagle.

monosylab1k
12-03-2013, 11:59 PM
:lmao spurs fans defending elliott

weebo
12-04-2013, 12:07 AM
:lmao spurs fans defending elliott

Mav announcers suck shit. No hommerism for sure but because that team is boring as fuck. Maybe if they weren't so boring to watch the announcers wouldn't be so boring to listen to.

HarlemHeat37
12-04-2013, 12:07 AM
I don't like boring announcers, even when they're fair and balanced, tbh..I'd rather listen to an annoying announcer like Mike Rice or Houston's bitch-ass announcer:lol..

Atlanta, Charlotte, Dallas, Detroit, New Orleans and Toronto all have fair announcers, but they're dull as fuck, tbh..

Everybody has their own preference though, most people hate homer announcers..I can tell how annoying Sean Elliott would be if I wasn't a fan of his team, tbh:lol..

I forgot about Indiana for great announcers, btw, they could be the best..

monosylab1k
12-04-2013, 12:12 AM
Mav announcers suck shit. No hommerism for sure but because that team is boring as fuck. Maybe if they weren't so boring to watch the announcers wouldn't be so boring to listen to.

Yeah, they do suck. I'm not retarded and defending their shitty qualities. I'm not going to deny their dullness. :lmao spurs fans acting like Elliott isnt an insufferable homer.

monosylab1k
12-04-2013, 12:15 AM
tbh chuck cooperstein does the mavs radio broadcasts and he's terrific. Way way better than the tv crew, i have no idea why he isnt doing their games on tv tbh

DAF86
12-04-2013, 12:20 AM
Yeah, they do suck. I'm not retarded and defending their shitty qualities. I'm not going to deny their dullness. :lmao spurs fans acting like Elliott isnt an insufferable homer.

In what ways is Elliott more of a homer than the regular team paid commentator?

Splits
12-04-2013, 12:31 AM
I can't believe it hasn't yet been said, but Clyde Drexler is oceans away as the worst announcer in the league. I think he might be actually retarded. And what's even sadder is that Calvin Murphy, his predecessor, was even worse. Rockets announcers have historically been the NBAs worst for a long while, and it isn't even close.

Sean Cagney
12-04-2013, 12:35 AM

GOD HE IS HORRIBLE....

Splits
12-04-2013, 12:46 AM
Watching this Dubs comeback, announcers are getting excited and praising the Dubs players. Homers.

kamikazi_player
12-04-2013, 12:47 AM
Maybe it's because the Kings suck and no one gives a shit about them, but they are by far the worst announcers I have ever heard.

Johnsyounger
12-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Ive had league pass last few years and it didn't let you choose the feed so sometimes you got SA, sometimes visitors, and I can say whiteout any hesitation.....
Spurs have expert, non homer commentary compared to the rest of the league. If memory serves correct Utah and Memphis were insanely bad. And I live in LA so the local coverage is a fucking joke. Lisa Leslie, Michael Cooper, Rob Fuzawhateverhisnameis, Rob Horry, etc. They are INSANELY BAD.... Way worse than local SA...My 2 cents

HarlemHeat37
12-04-2013, 01:18 AM
I can't believe it hasn't yet been said, but Clyde Drexler is oceans away as the worst announcer in the league. I think he might be actually retarded. And what's even sadder is that Calvin Murphy, his predecessor, was even worse. Rockets announcers have historically been the NBAs worst for a long while, and it isn't even close.

Bullard is worse than Drexler, tbh..

Venti Quattro
12-04-2013, 01:24 AM
LAL

Bar none especially with Chick and Stu or Joel and Stu. Lakers crew might still be top-notch as of today but I fucking want to strangle Billy Mac.

scanry
12-04-2013, 03:45 AM

I actually like the Clippers broadcast.

Best: New York, Golden State, Lakers, Sacramento (Is Bill Walton still commentating though?), Miami, Clippers

Bad: Spurs, Portland, OKC

Ugly: Boston, Houston (when Clyde was commentating)

Chinook
12-04-2013, 04:07 AM
I used to hate Sean and Bill. After spending a couple of seasons watching other teams' broadcasts, I don't think they're bad at all. I do like the breakdowns he gives.

I like Sacramento and Philly as well. The Lakers had a fine team when I listened to them a couple of years ago. Most large-market teams do. I can't stand Breen though, with YES or ESPN.

lefty
12-04-2013, 04:18 AM
I used to hate Sean and Bill. After spending a couple of seasons watching other teams' broadcasts, I don't think they're bad at all. I do like the breakdowns he gives.

I like Sacramento and Philly as well. The Lakers had a fine team when I listened to them a couple of years ago. Most large-market teams do. I can't stand Breen though, with YES or ESPN.

I dont like Breen, except when he goes in Troll Mode

Troll Breen is amazing tbh :lol