PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Bryant may handle some point guard duties upon return

irishock
12-04-2013, 07:22 PM
Whether Kobe Bryant returns Friday, Sunday, or some time after that, chances are he will have to play some minutes at point guard.
A hamstring injury has sidelined point guard Jordan Farmar for a month, while veteran Steve Nash is still dealing with back issues and Steve Blake is limited by a left elbow ailment, leaving the Lakers very shorthanded at the position.
"Kobe will play some point guard because of Farmar's status and Steve Nash's status," head coach Mike D'Antoni told the Los Angeles Times (http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakersnow/la-sp-ln-kobe-bryant-option-point-guard-20131204,0,2003958.story#axzz2mXtgECUj).
D'Antoni suggested that the game Bryant plays is already similar to the role of a point guard, since he will usually have the ball in his hands on offense and plays tend to run through him. Bryant might not have the foot speed to defend against opposing point guards coming off his Achilles injury, but D'Antoni will likely use Xavier Henry or Wesley Johnson on defense instead.
"Obviously if he plays point, we're big," D'Antoni added.

Holden_Caulfield
12-04-2013, 08:06 PM
code for chuck the fuck out my nig

spurraider21
12-04-2013, 08:37 PM
i wonder what will hurt kobe more, his achilles? or being asked to pass

LkrFan
12-04-2013, 08:40 PM
KobeTalk
KobeForum

Makes sense tbh. Kobe has burned that Spur ass for a long time. So much so that every other thread in this MFer has something to do with Kobe or the Lakers. Carry :loln.

LkrFan
12-04-2013, 08:46 PM
i wonder what will hurt kobe more, his achilles? or being asked to pass :rolleyes

Career assists per game: Kobe - 4.8apg. Tammy - 3.1apg

:downspin: that shiiiiiiiiiiiit, ya dig? Kobe scores more than he does and assisted more than Tammy has over their careers. :rollin :lmao :rollin

Career Summary: Kobe > Tammy :)

spurraider21
12-04-2013, 08:47 PM
crofl, confusing a guard with a big

-10 points for that shit

Holden_Caulfield
12-04-2013, 08:50 PM
Achilles:

Tim: 2

Kirbs: 1

:downspin:

LkrFan
12-04-2013, 08:52 PM
crofl, confusing a guard with a big

-10 points for that shit

Hey, in my 39.6% thread, farming idiots like ambchang conveniently entered Kobe into a thread that had nothing to with him. And you farmers like to say that Tammy is better than Kobe in all aspects - which of course is a damn lie. :lol

KobeTalk
KobeForum

So if bringing up "facts" is good for you farmers, it should be free game for us city f:lollks

spurraider21
12-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Hey, in my 39.6% thread, farming idiots like ambchang conveniently entered Kobe into a thread that had nothing to with him. And you farmers like to say that Tammy is better than Kobe in all aspects - which of course is a damn lie. :lol

KobeTalk
KobeForum

So if bringing up "facts" is good for you farmers, it should be free game for us city f:lollks

born, raised, and still live in los angeles :lol

-30 points son

LkrFan
12-04-2013, 08:53 PM
Achilles:

Tim: 2

Kirbs: 1

AHEM (http://instagram.com/p/hY-WzdSLjT/#)

:)

crc21209
12-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Kobe playing PG? He'll be the first PG to average 0 assists per game...:lol

LkrFan
12-04-2013, 08:54 PM
born, raised, and still live in los angeles :lol

:lol @ you and mid claiming NOT to be farmers. Cool story s:loln

LkrFan
12-04-2013, 08:55 PM
Kobe playing PG? He'll be the first PG to average 0 assists per game...:lol
Kobe Johnson averaged 6.0 apg just last year. :)

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-04-2013, 08:56 PM
:rolleyes

:downspin: that shiiiiiiiiiiiit, ya dig? Kobe scores more than he does and assisted more than Tammy has over their careers. :rollin
:lmao :rollin

Career Summary: Kobe > Tammy :)

http://oi43.tinypic.com/2n6f11i.jpg

spurraider21
12-04-2013, 08:56 PM
:lol @ you and mid claiming NOT to be farmers. Cool story s:loln
almost as funny as you claiming NOT to be a vaquero

Spur-Addict
12-04-2013, 09:00 PM
That's asking him to have a lot of self control LOL. He'll be itching to put up thirty five shots a game to make up for lost time

LkrFan
12-04-2013, 09:06 PM
almost as funny as you claiming NOT to be a vaquero
:lmao

HI-FI
12-04-2013, 09:08 PM
people making fun of Kobe for being overrated and cancer....

LkrFan activating semen shield....
http://media.giphy.com/media/Nqhs9QID7GoCI/giphy.gif

irishock
12-04-2013, 09:09 PM
KobeTalk
KobeForum

Makes sense tbh. Kobe has burned that Spur ass for a long time. So much so that every other thread in this MFer has something to do with Kobe or the Lakers. Carry :loln.

Kobe is life.

Chinook
12-04-2013, 09:39 PM

Sounds to me like Kobe shot five airballs per game that the bigs managed to rebound and put in for him.

LkrFan
12-04-2013, 09:46 PM
Sounds to me like Kobe shot five airballs per game that the bigs managed to rebound and put in for him.
Nice :downspin: Chinnutz

+15 points for creativity. :lol

Chinook
12-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Nice :downspin: Chinnutz

+15 points for creativity. :lol

Chinnutz :lol

Juvenile, yet effective.

LkrFan
12-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Chinnutz :lol

Juvenile, yet effective.
:lol

Cry Havoc
12-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Kobe Johnson averaged 6.0 apg just last year. :)

His astronomically high usg rate had NOTHING to do with that, of course, right?

LkrFan
12-05-2013, 02:06 AM
His astronomically high usg rate had NOTHING to do with that, of course, right?

It's funny because according to you farmers, I thought he was also a major ballhog? Yet here he is comparing quite comfortably to the Kang (7.3apg) who also had an astronomically high usage rates last season. No one holds that against them. I wonder why? ;)

HI-FI
12-05-2013, 02:28 AM
It's funny because according to you farmers, I thought he was also a major ballhog? Yet here he is comparing quite comfortably to the Kang (7.3apg) who also had an astronomically high usage rates last season. No one holds that against them. I wonder why? ;)

last year was classic though, he was going out of his way to prove he could pass, it certainly wasn't because it was the best play or to be a leader. Last year, your idol reminded me of Amon Goeth in Schlinder's List, when Schlinder convinces him that pardoning is better than being a murdering sociopath. So he tries to be good just to prove a point, but ultimately goes back to killing. So replace killing with chucking/raping and you get what I mean. Sociopaths can't help what they are, I didn't make the rules son.

LkrFan
12-05-2013, 02:50 AM
last year was classic though, he was going out of his way to prove he could pass, it certainly wasn't because it was the best play or to be a leader. Last year, your idol reminded me of Amon Goeth in Schlinder's List, when Schlinder convinces him that pardoning is better than being a murdering sociopath. So he tries to be good just to prove a point, but ultimately goes back to killing. So replace killing with chucking/raping and you get what I mean. Sociopaths can't help what they are, I didn't make the rules son.
N:lol - Nash broke his leg, remembuh dat? I do. Kobe had to initiate our offense because even when Nash came back, he was ineffective. He couldn't get any separation off the dribble which relegated him to playing a spot up shooting Kerr role. Also, it was because Dwert was bitching about his touches so Kobe went out of his way to make his bitchass happy. To no avail as we saw.

spurraider21
12-05-2013, 02:56 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQRnQ3Y-zQc

HI-FI
12-05-2013, 03:00 AM
N:lol - Nash broke his leg, remembuh dat? I do. Kobe had to initiate our offense because even when he came back, he was ineffective. He couldn't get any separation off the dribble which relegated him to playing a spot up shooting Kerr role. Also, it was because Dwert was bitching about his touches so Kobe went out of his way to make his bitchass happy. To no avail as we saw.
nice :downspin: per par. Remember that one play where Kobe was about dunk it, but instead stopped and went out of his way to assist to some random Purple n Gold nigga, I can't remember who. But it was hilarious, he pulled a Rondo in order to inflate his stats. There was another time he passed to Jamison and he looked genuinely befuddled, like he didn't know why Kobe would be passing but figured there must be an ulterior motive.

I feel for that Rapist, he tries to do the right thing but he knows it's all an act, it's just not in his nature to be a winner or good teammate. Just like Amon, he can't overcome it....
http://i.imgur.com/ndW39tD.gif

HI-FI
12-05-2013, 03:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQRnQ3Y-zQc

:lol
my nigga, this was exactly the play I was thinking. damn how could I forget MVPau....smdh.

spurraider21
12-05-2013, 03:01 AM
nice :downspin: per par. Remember that one play where Kobe was about dunk it, but instead stopped and went out of his way to assist to some random Purple n Gold nigga, I can't remember who. But it was hilarious, he pulled a Rondo in order to inflate his stats. There was another time he passed to Jamison and he looked genuinely befuddled, like he didn't know why Kobe would be passing but figured there must be an ulterior motive.

I feel for that Rapist, he tries to do the right thing but he knows it's all an act, it's just not in his nature to be a winner or good teammate. Just like Amon, he can't overcome it....
http://i.imgur.com/ndW39tD.gif

i literally just posted that and quoted you tbh :rollin

LkrFan
12-05-2013, 03:02 AM

5 > 4. :)

HI-FI
12-05-2013, 03:08 AM
i literally just posted that and quoted you tbh :rollin

that was excellent timing, and I'm glad you found it because it was classic Kobe. it was truly his "i pardon you" moment. too bad LkrFan doesn't get it, nigga is too brainwashed unfortunately, but that comes in handy with that Fukushima cleanup tbh.

LkrFan
12-05-2013, 03:45 AM
that was excellent timing, and I'm glad you found it because it was classic Kobe. it was truly his "i pardon you" moment. too bad LkrFan doesn't get it, nigga is too brainwashed unfortunately, but that comes in handy with that Fukushima cleanup tbh.
:rollin :lmao :rollin - you farmers will clown anything. Is there anything you classholes won't clown? SMH

spurraider21
12-05-2013, 03:46 AM
:lol the forum vaquero accusing a los angelino of being a farmer

Cry Havoc
12-05-2013, 04:14 AM
5 > 4. :)

I'll bite. 5 is the number of hall of famers Kobe needs on his team to make the 8th seed, right?

Cry Havoc
12-05-2013, 04:18 AM

Maybe because LeBron doesn't airball turn around fadeaway 37 footers with 3 defenders in his face with 10 seconds left on the shot clock? You know, just a guess.

LkrFan
12-05-2013, 04:56 AM
-10 points (each) Cry Hav:lolc

Rogue
12-05-2013, 09:00 AM
MDA may suit himself up to play PG on the court and would still do a better job than the dead corpse of Nash does tbh.

Sportcamper
12-05-2013, 09:14 AM
i wonder what will hurt kobe more, his achilles? or being asked to pass

Niiiice....:lmao

ambchang
12-05-2013, 10:47 AM
Confusing assists with sharing the ball.

Not surprised it ame from a Kobe fan because he has never seen Kobe really sharing the ball.

Stephon Marbury
Allen iverson.
Nate archibald
Steve Francis.

ambchang
12-05-2013, 10:49 AM

KobeTalk
KobeForum

How is bringing out the personification of bad shot selection in a shot selection thread off topic?

AchillesHeel
12-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Confusing assists with sharing the ball.

Not surprised it ame from a Kobe fan because he has never seen Kobe really sharing the ball.

Stephon Marbury
Allen iverson.
Nate archibald
Steve Francis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lrfUkLeMzA