PDA

View Full Version : Blazers: LaMarcus Aldridge

DAF86
12-05-2013, 12:28 AM
I say yes.

Robz4000
12-05-2013, 12:31 AM
I'll say yes with the caveat that if the Brow wasn't out with an injury he'd be the best.

DAF86
12-05-2013, 12:31 AM
Not an open poll. I fail.

DAF86
12-05-2013, 12:33 AM
I'll say yes with the caveat that if the Brow wasn't out with an injury he'd be the best.

You still can't give Davis the ball at the end of game and just ask him to take his team home.

Robz4000
12-05-2013, 12:35 AM
You still can't give Davis the ball at the end of game and just ask him to take his team home.

His all-around game is better than LA's. Also doesn't help his coach doesn't call much for him tbh; that Pelicans team has a lot of great pieces that can get the job done (if they figure out how to get it together).

Holden_Caulfield
12-05-2013, 12:36 AM
best big man for the month so far

RsxPiimp
12-05-2013, 12:42 AM
Better than Love? Don't think so...

DAF86
12-05-2013, 12:43 AM

lol 40% shooting bigman.

spurraider21
12-05-2013, 12:44 AM
love is a jump shooter that isn't a very good defender. i like him, but i can't call a lousy defender the best big in the league. i feel like protecting the paint is a requisite

spurraider21
12-05-2013, 12:45 AM
i would personally vote for anthony davis

HarlemHeat37
His TS% is kind of weak, tbh, good but not great rebounder and an average defender..he's still shooting too many mid-range jump shots, which isn't sustainable IMO..

The bigs in the league are terrible right now, though, so maybe..

So far, I'd go:

1. Gay-ass little dick Anthony Davis
2. Kevin Love(57% TS, elite rebounder, good passer, improved his defense to average this season)
3. Dirk Nowitzki or Aldridge

m>s
yes

Sean Cagney
12-05-2013, 12:47 AM
FUCKING BEAST............

ElNono
12-05-2013, 12:50 AM
love is a jump shooter that isn't a very good defender. i like him, but i can't call a lousy defender the best big in the league. i feel like protecting the paint is a requisite

you just described aldridge...

irishock
12-05-2013, 12:56 AM
He's not even the best PF in the game.

RsxPiimp
12-05-2013, 12:57 AM
lol 40% shooting bigman.
He takes 6, 3 Pt FGA, huge reason why he's shooting 43%. Aldridge strictly shoots inside the arc.

Exactly :lol

spurraider21
12-05-2013, 01:11 AM
thats fine. i didn't call aldridge the best big in the game either :lol

spurraider21
12-05-2013, 01:12 AM
He takes 6, 3 Pt FGA, huge reason why he's shooting 43%. Aldridge strictly shoots inside the arc.
thats his stupidity for taking inefficient shots. thats part of the game, shot selection

Brunodf
12-05-2013, 01:48 AM
Meh jump shooting big, i would pick Unibrow and Monroe over him but he may be playing like the best right now...

DAF86
12-05-2013, 01:58 AM
For the record just saw that he is shooting 46% from the field, so I will have to backtrack on the whole best bigman thing. I only watched a couple of Blazers games and in everyone he made every shit he threw up and today I checked his stats and thought have seen he was shooting 53% for the season so I figured the games I watched weren't flukes.

So no, you can't be the best bigman in the league shooting 46% and playing average defense at best.

lol Blazers
lol tlongII

ElNono
12-05-2013, 02:01 AM
MVPau, IMO... as Harlem said, he's a #3 option at this stage in his career, but what he's doing as the #1 guy with a D-League roster is remarkable...

RsxPiimp
12-05-2013, 02:13 AM
thats his stupidity for taking inefficient shots. thats part of the game, shot selection

His shooting is fine. 57% TS is nothing to scoff at.

He shoots a better 2 PT % than Aldridge and is also much reliable at the FT line.

Also, let's not make Aldridge look like he's on another level with efficiency :lol

spurraider21
12-05-2013, 02:14 AM
His shooting is fine. 57% TS is nothing to scoff at.

He shoots a better 2 PT % than Aldridge and is also much reliable at the FT line.

Also, let's not make Aldridge look like he's on another level with efficiency :lol
where is this notion coming from that i think aldridge is all that? i dont think either is the best big in the league. they're both jump shooting bigs that don't excel at protecting the paint

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2013, 02:15 AM
Meh jump shooting big, i would pick Unibrow and Monroe over him but he may be playing like the best right now...

:lol Greg Monroe isn't even in the same universe as these other niggas, tbh..

RsxPiimp
12-05-2013, 02:39 AM
where is this notion coming from that i think aldridge is all that? i dont think either is the best big in the league. they're both jump shooting bigs that don't excel at protecting the paint

Just responding to DAF making fun of Love's FG%

sexinthatsx
12-05-2013, 02:50 AM
Is it just me or are people forgetting about Al Jefferson? He's the real reason why the Bobcats are not a below .500 team right now tbh...

spurraider21
12-05-2013, 02:51 AM
al jefferson is a pussy gamma male

sexinthatsx
12-05-2013, 02:57 AM
al jefferson is a pussy gamma male

why the hate?

spurraider21
12-05-2013, 02:58 AM
why the hate?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_d8EKgSCQ0

he's supposed to be the team leader, and he pretty much says "we can't beat them" while the series is still going on. oh and he's a shit defensive player who chose to go play for the bobcats for det $... a loser like him won't ever sniff a ring

LkrFan
12-05-2013, 02:58 AM
lol 40% shooting bigman.

Tammy is only 4.4% better. :)

hater
12-05-2013, 02:59 AM

lmao I hope thus is a joke

sexinthatsx
12-05-2013, 03:04 AM

he's supposed to be the team leader, and he pretty much says "we can't beat them" while the series is still going on. oh and he's a shit defensive player who chose to go play for the bobcats for det $... a loser like him won't ever sniff a ring

The best big in the league doesn't necessarily mean they will win a ring. There are plenty of bigs who were the best but never ringed. I do question his mental toughness from those comments during the playoffs though (forgot about that).

Brazil
12-05-2013, 06:48 AM
I say no

AchillesHeel
12-05-2013, 11:28 AM

Skip was gold at the end :lol

Brunodf
12-05-2013, 11:45 AM
:lol Greg Monroe isn't even in the same universe as these other niggas, tbh..
I will take 15/9 on 52% FG+ good defense over a jump shooting big with average/below average defense any day of the week

tlongII
12-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Aldridge is the best PF in the league and it isn't close. Just about anybody in the NBA will tell you that. And lol at saying he plays bad defense. He's a very good defender.

JamStone
12-05-2013, 12:57 PM
I will take 15/9 on 52% FG+ good defense over a jump shooting big with average/below average defense any day of the week

Monroe is not a good defender. Not even close to being a good defender. At best, Greg Monroe is an average defender at either PF or C, but that's being generous. He's skilled and he's improved his footwork and even worked hard on his conditioning. But he's not a good defender. He's a solid NBA starter on most NBA teams. His ceiling is probably 17 ppg, 11 rpg, and a 2nd or 3rd option on a good team.

Monroe probably isn't even the best big man on the Pistons. Andre Drummond is starting to emerge into one of the better young big man in the league, capable of dominating games with his size and athleticism combination. He doesn't get a lot of primary touches but still finds a way to score. He's had 19 rebounds, 18 rebounds, and 19 rebounds the last three games, including one when he was in foul trouble much of the game. Sure, he's much like Dwight Howard or Blake Griffin in that most of his opportunities are on dunks, putbacks and lobs. But he has shown a few offensive moves lately. Horrible, horrible free throw shooter and that's what will hold back his game much like Dwight. Drummond is arguably the most athletic PF/C in the league right now, even compared to Griffin and Howard. He's the Piston big man that should be mentioned in this thread, not Monroe.

DPG21920
12-05-2013, 01:03 PM
Yup^. I'd even put Hibbert above LA right now.

spurraider21
12-05-2013, 01:11 PM
I'm surprised teams don't go to Hack-a-Drummond. he's got to get into the 60's... other than that, i love his game, and he's probably the best center prospect right now next to hibbert

HarlemHeat37
12-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Hibbert is 27, he isn't really a prospect anymore, tbh:lol..

Best defensive player in the NBA right now, but mediocre offensive player..can't handle double teams, can't pass, struggles to finish and score without a significant size advantage, good but not great rebounder..

He's more of a #3 guy on a title team, but luckily for him, Miami can't defend his size, so it could still work for Indiana..

Drummond has peak Howard potential, which is frightening if he can learn from Dwight's mistakes, tbh..the FT shooting will be a massive crutch, though, especially if the league doesn't eliminate the Hack-a rule..

spurraider21
12-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Hibbert is 27, he isn't really a prospect anymore, tbh:lol..

Best defensive player in the NBA right now, but mediocre offensive player..can't handle double teams, can't pass, struggles to finish and score without a significant size advantage, good but not great rebounder..

He's more of a #3 guy on a title team, but luckily for him, Miami can't defend his size, so it could still work for Indiana..

Drummond has peak Howard potential, which is frightening if he can learn from Dwight's mistakes, tbh..
hibbert is 27, but i still think he can improve. seeing him in the playoffs last year showed he's got room to grow

FkLA
12-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Kevin Love is a faggot.

JamStone
12-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Drummond is starting to show glimpses on offense of having some skill. I think I read a while back that he used to play guard so he does have some perimeter skills. Shooting not being one of them obviously. He doesn't look uncomfortable at all dribbling the ball even when someone is up on him. And his agility is remarkable for his size. He actually looks a lot like Shaquille in his first couple seasons in Orlando the way he runs up and down the court with guards. Drummond can run with guards. And he's top 10 in the league in steals as a big. And most of those picks are against perimeter players. Good, quick hands. Lately, he's been a little more aggressive on offense and has tried making some moves, some attempts more successfully than others. But he's expanding his game. There is a chance, still early so only a chance, that he could become something very scary in this league.

DPG21920
12-05-2013, 01:42 PM
:lol I wasn't saying Hibbert was a prospect just saying who I would put over LA at the moment. LA is who he is except he's having more success with his jumper at the moment. But presently, I would rather have a big who's DPOY than LA right now. Plus Hibbert isn't soft attitude wise either. Luckily, Hibbert pretty much always has a size advantage :lol

spurraider21
12-05-2013, 01:47 PM
^i used the term prospect, so i think it was directed at me, tbh. i still think hibbert is getting better which is why i said it

Chinook
12-05-2013, 03:46 PM
And to think, Drummond was picked one spot before New Orleans' second first that year. Could have been Twin Towers all over again

Then again, perhaps they still draft Rivers. After all, they traded away Noel.

hater
12-05-2013, 04:10 PM
LOL critizicing Aldridge defense. NIgga is 7 foot + with an 8 foot wingspan. ALl he has to do is raise his arms and he's already better defender than 75% other bigmen :lol

lefty
12-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Guest PF, imo

DAF86
12-13-2013, 02:00 AM
31 and 25 against Dwight? :wow

Splits
12-13-2013, 02:50 AM
Drummond is starting to show glimpses on offense of having some skill. I think I read a while back that he used to play guard so he does have some perimeter skills. Shooting not being one of them obviously. He doesn't look uncomfortable at all dribbling the ball even when someone is up on him. And his agility is remarkable for his size. He actually looks a lot like Shaquille in his first couple seasons in Orlando the way he runs up and down the court with guards. Drummond can run with guards. And he's top 10 in the league in steals as a big. And most of those picks are against perimeter players. Good, quick hands. Lately, he's been a little more aggressive on offense and has tried making some moves, some attempts more successfully than others. But he's expanding his game. There is a chance, still early so only a chance, that he could become something very scary in this league.

So he's a monkeyballer. How much monkey has he achieved, on a DeAndre-Jordan monkeyball level?

AchillesHeel
12-13-2013, 05:19 AM
31 and 25 against Dwight? :wow

Dwight also had 32 and 17 rebounds with 3 blocks, tbh.

racm
12-13-2013, 05:34 AM
tbf the Blazers game plan was to let Dwight get his while stoppering up the perimeter players. The Rox bench mob of Lin/Garcia/Casspi were AWOL.

Suspect
12-13-2013, 09:20 AM
tbf the Blazers game plan was to let Dwight get his while stoppering up the perimeter players. The Rox bench mob of Lin/Garcia/Casspi were AWOL.
^this

Rockets are nothing if just Dwight goes off

DMC
12-13-2013, 10:29 AM
At least we know there's one guy from that UT team that's alpha on his NBA team.

JamStone
12-13-2013, 11:59 AM
So he's a monkeyballer. How much monkey has he achieved, on a DeAndre-Jordan monkeyball level?

He's a monkeyballer, but he's past the DeAndre Jordan scale. He's tracking towards a Dwight Howard/Blake Griffin star monkeyballer scale. He already has a 30 point game early on in his second season in the NBA. DeAndre Jordan doesn't have any 5+ years in the league. He's top 15 in steals in the NBA, and he's the only big man in the top 20. He has some rare instincts and a rare feel for the game to go along with his rare size and athleticism. He has obvious limitations offensively and at the free throw line, but he's not a scrub monkeyballer. He's a monkeyballer with the chance to be a star in this league.

DAF86
04-24-2014, 07:07 PM
Sup?

Clipper Nation
04-24-2014, 07:12 PM
hibbert is 27, but i still think he can improve. seeing him in the playoffs last year showed he's got room to grow

:lmao Philo with the bads

spurraider21
04-24-2014, 07:13 PM
:lmao Philo with the bads
he can definitely improve, its impossible to get any worse :downspin:

Joseph Kony
04-24-2014, 07:15 PM
Yup^. I'd even put Hibbert above LA right now.

Yew jess kent dew tings like det!!!!!!!!!!!!

DPG21920
04-24-2014, 11:15 PM
Looks really stupid at the moment. But let's see if LA, with much more weapons, ever reaches a conference finals.

Franklin
04-24-2014, 11:27 PM
LMA just bullies scrubs like Jones & Parsons at 4, neither of whom is a legit PF.