PDA

View Full Version : Peterson leaves Boise State for Washington

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-06-2013, 09:01 AM
:lol USC hiring Sark when Peterson was available

Clipper Nation
12-06-2013, 09:49 AM
Can't even be mad that he left, he did a lot for Boise State and stayed far longer than most so-called "experts" would have ever expected, tbh....

Boise should hire Craig Bohl from NDSU, I could see him being very similar to Petersen, and he can ditch this stupid-ass spread crap that Prince has been running....

Bill_Brasky
12-06-2013, 10:17 AM
:lmao USC

JMarkJohns
12-06-2013, 11:13 AM
Incredible hire. Becomes arguably the top coach in the conference, and with money for assistants, he should be able to build a staff that both reflects his coach 'em up philosophy and recruit at a near elite level. He left for fit. Major upgrade from Sark.

Clipper Nation
12-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Btw, I'm going to be really disappointed if Coach Pete doesn't start whooping up on Oregon every year, tbh....

FkLA
12-06-2013, 12:08 PM
Why Washington? I was under the impression this nigga could get any job he wanted. Guess he really likes the NW tbh.

JoeTait75
12-06-2013, 12:44 PM
Why Washington? I was under the impression this nigga could get any job he wanted. Guess he really likes the NW tbh.

Maybe it's just because I'm old enough to remember them dominating the Pac-10 for long stretches, but I think U-Dub is a pretty good job, especially for a coach whose roots are in the NW.

JMarkJohns
12-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Two decades ago Washington owned the PAC.

They aren't USC in tradition, but they are probably next on the rung.

It's actually astonishing they've been down this long.

JMarkJohns
12-06-2013, 01:00 PM
From 1980-1995 Washington had like eight conference titles, like five Rose Bowl wins, and three National Championships (1984, 1990, 1991).

Holden_Caulfield
12-06-2013, 01:01 PM
damn the texans fired kubiak too late :lol

good fit for udub, hopefully he shits on usc lol

The Gemini Method
12-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Great hire for the Huskies. I don't think Peterson wanted to come to L.A. or maybe Haden was high when going through this process. Washington has the 2nd most National Championships so this might bring them back to challenging the Ducks and Trees for PAC 12 North supremacy. Only 3 teams in the PAC 12 have winning records over the Huskies--and they are the Trojans (no surprise), Bruins (mildly surprising), and Sun Devils (pretty surprising). The coaching in the PAC 12 looks to be interesting. LOL @ Jaguar/Golden Bear fan...

Holden_Caulfield
12-06-2013, 01:53 PM
Great hire for the Huskies. I don't think Peterson wanted to come to L.A. or maybe Haden was high when going through this process. Washington has the 2nd most National Championships so this might bring them back to challenging the Ducks and Trees for PAC 12 North supremacy. Only 3 teams in the PAC 12 have winning records over the Huskies--and they are the Trojans (no surprise), Bruins (mildly surprising), and Sun Devils (pretty surprising). The coaching in the PAC 12 looks to be interesting. LOL @ Jaguar/Golden Bear fan...
that shitty gimmicky offense by cal is so dumb :cry :cry i want a new coach, everyone transferring :lol, jared goff is a skinny kyle boller :cry, i give that coaching staff 2 years tops :lol

Clipper Nation
12-06-2013, 03:10 PM

He's not good with the media, he's not the type of coach that would be good at sucking up to big boosters, and his style wouldn't work at the biggest of the big-time programs, tbh.... Washington is one of the best fits for him outside of Boise, honestly....

JoeTait75
12-06-2013, 03:31 PM
Two decades ago Washington owned the PAC.

They aren't USC in tradition, but they are probably next on the rung.

It's actually astonishing they've been down this long.

Aging facilities, Nike money pouring into Oregon and changing the balance of power in the NW and a couple of really bad coaching hires (Keith Gilbertson, Ty Willingham.) Washington is a good program historically but not a legacy program. All it takes is a few missteps to drive a program like U-Dub into the shitter for an extended period.

The Reckoning
12-06-2013, 03:50 PM
pretty cool gig to be in seattle and coaching U dub next to all the professional sports stadiums. there are insane recruiting advantages there if they overhaul their facilities.

TFloss32
12-06-2013, 04:07 PM
I wonder where Harsin is on Boise's list?

JMarkJohns
12-06-2013, 04:16 PM
Aging facilities, Nike money pouring into Oregon and changing the balance of power in the NW and a couple of really bad coaching hires (Keith Gilbertson, Ty Willingham.) Washington is a good program historically but not a legacy program. All it takes is a few missteps to drive a program like U-Dub into the shitter for an extended period.

Yeah, looking at squads like Nebraska and a few others, it isn't too hard to fall off the edge when an elite coach retires, despite incredible success.

The Nike money is probably the grease, though. Best of the best via Nike and everything else looks pretty pedestrian unless 1. You don't want to leave/want to come to LA, or. 2. You want elite academics at Stanford.

I think Washington can challenge Oregon. Petersen kicked their ass enough at Boise to rally confidence.

DMX7
12-06-2013, 06:13 PM
But I thought Boise State was home for Peterson. :cry

vander
12-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Bleymaier was the bigger loss tbh. I see Peterson going on to only slightly greater post-BSU success than previous coaches.

wouldn't mind getting Wilcox back for HC

Clipper Nation
12-07-2013, 12:26 AM
wouldn't mind getting Wilcox back for HC

Seems this is actually going to happen, judging from all the rumors floating around, tbh....

symple19
12-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Great hire for U-dub. Addition by subtraction, tbh

Clipper Nation
01-28-2014, 10:09 PM
:lmao Poach Pete losing one of his best recruits to Boise tonight
:lmao Keep poaching Boise's 2-stars, Petey

Beaverfuzz
02-18-2014, 07:07 PM
Fuck Petersen and fuck UW.