PDA

View Full Version : _How do you know for sure the Spurs are the best team in the NBA?_

mouse
07-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Before you flame out, and get upset ? please think about it first. How do you know the Spurs are better than the Heat if you didn't get a chance to play them?

Even if my Mighty Dallas Mavericks was to win the 2005 NBA Championship ring how can I be so sure they are the best team in the NBA?

After all if we beat the Spurs , how do I know for sure we could get past the Suns? You guys didn't have to play the Rockets,so how do you know if your better than them? its like boxing, I knock out Sequ to face T park after T Park knocked out Bigzax25, how will I ever know If BigZax could have knocked me out?

To be honest I don't think the Spurs could have beat a healthy Miami heat team in 7 games, but we many never find that out, you see my point? I would like all 8 teams at the end to play each other at least once, so we can see who is the better team.

After all, even though the Lakers beat the Spurs that one season they could not beat the Pistons, And yet the Spurs after losing to the lakers wind up beating the Pistons, How do we know if the Spurs would have won the ring in *99 if it was the Wolves and not the Knicks that year?

Have an open mind, and thank you for reading.

and remember its the off season, we can talk what if?...........:smokin

Sense
07-28-2005, 11:21 PM
it's not hard, we beat the team that beats the others..

You are on top.

Dre_7
07-28-2005, 11:22 PM
_How do you know for sure the Spurs are the best team in the NBA?_

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/04/10/photos/nhl-obrientrophy.jpg

Sense
07-28-2005, 11:22 PM
Isn't it obvious?

I think everyone knows the Spurs are the best team.

TheTruth
07-28-2005, 11:28 PM
How do we know if the Spurs would have won the ring in *99 if it was the Wolves and not the Knicks that year?
Considering we beat the wolves in the first round that year..I think it would have been the same.

mavsfan1000
07-28-2005, 11:40 PM
The spurs would own Miami because Haslem can't guard Duncan and the Spurs defense would slow down Miami a little.

SpursChampsIII
07-28-2005, 11:48 PM
How do we know if we could have beaten the Hawks in the finals?

Banks91
07-28-2005, 11:48 PM
a heat , spurs series would go to spurs, just too much goin for the spurs in that matchup.

mouse
07-28-2005, 11:50 PM
Considering we beat the wolves in the first round that year..I think it would have been the same.

I kinda knew that when I posted it, but I was trying make a point. Just like that season when you lost to the Suns, and then they lose to a team you could have beat. after all the Rockets didn't have to face the Suns. what if it was Rockets vs Spurs and Mavericks Vs Grizzles? why else would the Spurs win a ring in *99 and not in 2000? Shouldn't they be the best team in the NBA?

mouse
07-28-2005, 11:52 PM
it's not hard, we beat the team that beats the others..

You are on top.

The Pistons didn't have to play the Suns and The Mavericks didn't have to play the Heat, how can you say which of those 4 teams is the best?

ZStomp
07-28-2005, 11:56 PM
Mouse-

The same could be said about every championship team in EVERY sport.

Why does it matter. The Spurs beat every team that was put in front of them. That's what counts.

PS. Put the weed down for a bit Mouse. :lol

Duncanoypi
07-28-2005, 11:56 PM
so are you going to change the NBA playoff schemes just to have answers in your questions?...

Winners over the Losers is the general rule...

Solid D
07-28-2005, 11:57 PM
Van Gundy's always lose to Spurs in the Finals. Look it up. It's on the internet.

milkyway21
07-29-2005, 12:08 AM
we have an unselfish leader the 2-time MVP Tim Duncan, doesn't care who the highest scorer is or who blocks the shots most or contributed the most rebounds.

we got the crazy Manu.

we have the 2nd fastest point guard in the league in young Tony Parker.

we still have the same 3pt-shooter core of players who helped us win the 2005 playoffs against Denver, Sonics & Suns.

Then there's Pops who doesn't care if you're Tim Duncan, Manu, or Devin or Rasho, that if you suck who's not afraid to bark at you, superstar or not.

Pops has 1000+ set plays in the playbook?

The Spurs signed for this team because they want to be here...(ask Horry, Brent & Manu..).

the playoff experience.

SBC-still the House of Horror for Spurs opponents.

And we have the best mascot-the Coyote!:D

if you have what we got then you must be a better team.

mouse
07-29-2005, 12:16 AM
so are you going to change the NBA playoff schemes just to have answers in your questions?...

Winners over the Losers is the general rules...

That question has been asked for the Big 10 collage Foot ball and the NCAA Basket ball. many teams complain every year about the playoff system, and how it is not fare , Look at the the NFL

You had teams like the Vikes, 49ers, Packers, and Cowboys having to play the Bills in the 90s to win a super bowl? The Bills couldn't beat the las Vegas Gamblers XFL team, The NFC and AFC produce one team to enter the super bowl each year, that does not mean the two best teams in the NFL are playing.

mouse
07-29-2005, 12:17 AM
we have an unselfish leader the 2-time MVP Tim Duncan, doesn't care who the highest scorer is or who blocks the shots most or contributed the most rebounds.

we got the crazy Manu.

we have the 2nd fastest point guard in the league in young Tony Parker.

we still have the same 3pt-shooter core of players who helped us win the 2005 playoffs against Denver, Sonics & Suns.

Then there's Pops who doesn't care if you're Tim Duncan, Manu, or Devin or Rasho, that if you suck who's not afraid to bark at you, superstar or not.

Pops has 1000+ set plays in the playbook?

The Spurs signed for this team because they want to be here...(ask Horry, Brent & Manu..).

the playoff experience.

SBC-still the House of Horror for Spurs opponents.

And we have the best mascot-the Coyote!:D

if you have what we got then you must be a better team.

If all that is True? then why did you lose by 30 points to the Mavericks?

milkyway21
07-29-2005, 12:22 AM
If all that is True? then why did you lose by 30 points to the Mavericks?3 home game losses in 82 season games means something, Mouse... :smokin

besides who own and won the Southwest Division, mouse?

come on.

MAVs are :owned

TexasAggie2005
07-29-2005, 12:23 AM
It doesn't matter who's the best. That's subjective. What matters is that we won the championship. As for the football analogy, so what? The 49ers and the Cowboys usually played in the NFC championship, so the Cowboys still had to play the "next best" team, even though they pounded on the Bills in the Super Bowl. If you're good enough, you'll get your crack at the eventual champions (or be the champions).

mouse
07-29-2005, 12:24 AM
3 home game losses in 82 season games means something, Mouse... :smokin

tell that to the 300 posters at this site who where swinging form the shower rod that night :lmao

mouse
07-29-2005, 12:27 AM
It doesn't matter who's the best. That's subjective. What matters is that we won the championship.

That is not true, When Tim Duncan was hurt you , and everyone here knew the lakers did not deserve that ring. You all said the Spurs where the better team,

Now the shoe is on the other foot so you change your tune.

Solid D
07-29-2005, 12:29 AM
If Joe DiMaggio were still alive, Mouse, he would tell you to wake up and smell the Mister Coffee.

http://www.tvacres.com/images/mrcoffee3.jpg

Duncanoypi
07-29-2005, 12:31 AM
so mouse...you want a team to be 82-0 and 16-0 to be called the best team...?

AFE7FATMAN
07-29-2005, 12:36 AM
tell that to the 300 posters at this site who where swinging form the shower rod that night :lmao

I was not about to swing from the rod because we lost, but because of what I considered, poor performance, effort, and lack of leadership, and COACHING.

Check the pre season Power standings, SPURS rated # 1 Everywhere.

BTW I will agree we wil never know for sure we were the better team. In this case it doesn't matter but if you want to talk about the Texas Longhorns and the crap :blah at the Rose Bowl last year how about a different thread?

mouse
07-29-2005, 12:39 AM
so mouse...you want a team to be 82-0 and 16-0 to be called the best team...?

I want the Heat to play the Mavs Lakers Suns and Rockets

I want the Pistons to play the Wolves Lakers Spurs and Mavericks

why can't the Pacers play the Lakers. Mavs , and Sonics? every team that makes the playoffs should play at least all the teams once, The last team alive wins it all. why not have a Rockets Spurs NBA Finals? how about a Suns Spurs Finals? why must you all think only in the box?

AFE7FATMAN
07-29-2005, 12:42 AM

why can't the Pacers play the Lakers. Mavs , and Sonics? every team that makes the playoffs should play at least all the teams once, The last team alive wins it all. why not have a Rockets Spurs NBA Finals? how about a Suns Spurs Finals? why must you all think only in the box?

Talk to the Commissioner, and get the playoff set for the eight teams with the best Won Loss %

It will never happen, see the reasons for the realignment.
i.e. $$$$$
TV Ratings

mouse
07-29-2005, 12:44 AM
I was not about to swing from the rod because we lost, but because of what I considered, poor performance, effort, and lack of leadership, and COACHING.

That is true, but you proved my point. Folks here talk smack after the fact, where was the GO SPURS GO spirit that night?

Check the pre season Powere standings, SPURS rated # 1 Everywhere.

And by that logic? then the Rokets should have won every year they had Yao Ming. those stats mean nothing just ask the the Florida Marlins :lmao

BTW I will agree we wil never know for sure we were the better team. In this case it doesn't matter but if you want to talk about the Texas Longhorns and the crap :blah at the Rose Bowl last year how about a different thread?

^ RACK!

mouse
07-29-2005, 12:45 AM
Talk to the Commissioner, and get the playoff set for the eight teams with the best Won Loss %

It will never happen, see the reasons for the realignment.
i.e. $$$$$
TV Ratings

That is not true, If it was all about $$? then they would have never had a Spurs vs Knicks finals, Stern lost his ass that year,

AFE7FATMAN
07-29-2005, 12:51 AM
That is true, but you proved my point. Folks here talk smack after the fact, where was the GO SPURS GO spirit that night?

And by that logic? then the Rokets should have won every year they had Yao Ming. those stats mean nothing just ask the the Florida Marlins :lmao

^ RACK!
GO SPURS GO is nothing more than a slogan. The smack talk here by a few folks are those that think the SPURS can do NO wrong, however IMO MOST
folks on this board are fans and supporters of the SPURS, unlike other boards which are composed of people that are nothing more than HOMERS

The Marlins were destroyed by cheap management which depanded the team, i.e. SEE CHICAGO BULLS. :lol

AFE7FATMAN
07-29-2005, 12:52 AM
That is not true, If it was all about $$? then they would have never had a Spurs vs Knicks finals, Stern lost his ass that year,

Stern was not expecting the SPURS to be in the Finals-go ask Larker god.

mouse
07-29-2005, 12:57 AM
folks on this board are fans and supporters of the SPURS, l

Like who? T park? :lmao

mouse
07-29-2005, 12:59 AM
Stern was not expecting the SPURS to be in the Finals-go ask Larker god.

But you do see my point, if it was just about $money$ ? I am sure Mark Cuban would have more than one ring by now.

Stern said it might take him 5 years to break even after the Spurs vs Knicks finals.

AlamoSpursFan
07-29-2005, 01:04 AM
Like who? T park? :lmao

You don't need to be calling out Tpark, hairy.

:lol

AFE7FATMAN
07-29-2005, 01:07 AM
But you do see my point, if it was just about $money$ ? I am sure Mark Cuban would have more than one ring by now.

Stern said it might take him 5 years to break even after the Spurs vs Knicks finals.

I see your point,but it is about $ for the entire League. Cuban has nothing
to do with it. It is about money for the entire league thats one reason for the salary caps is to keep Cuban and others from simply buying the best players. See New Jork Yankees

I think if stern said it would take him 5 years ....... just proves my point in that he was not expecting/wanting the spurs in the finals when they did the realignment.

Solid D
07-29-2005, 01:09 AM
Dime Drops the hammer on all contenders.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3830350

Off-season moves tip scale of power

Dime Magazine
Posted: 1 day ago

Even with training camp still months away, it's never too early for a Dime NBA Hit List. The free-agent frenzy that has gripped the L for the last few weeks has done its best to tip the scales of power (see: the rise of the Bucks, Cavs and Pacers). If the season were to start today, this is how we would rank the teams ...

DIME MAGAZINE HIT LIST
Rk Team Comment
1. Spurs
The best team in the game. Period.

2. Suns
The No. 2 ranking is contingent on the Suns re-signing Joe Johnson. What looked like a lock just a month ago now seems uncertain. New Suns owner Robert Sarver might be getting cold feet about parting ways with max money for JJ's services. Assuming JJ does stay, they'll enter next season with their core intact, including the reigning MVP and The Matrix. The most important piece though? No doubt, it's Amare Stoudemire. The Spurs were helpless against him in the playoffs. Another off-season of adding strength and polishing his game will make him one of the three best players in the L. Count on it.

3. Pacers
We'll say it right now: the Pacers will represent the Eastern Conference in the Finals this season. J.O. and Jamaal Tinsley are finally healthy. Ron Artest is back and will be on fire the entire season. They finally have another point guard with the signing of Sarunas Jasikevicius. Throw a wild-card rookie Danny Granger into the mix with athletes like Stephen Jackson and Freddy Jones and this team can be scary.

4. Pistons
How will Flip change the chemistry of this team? They'll still play selflessly and come at you with great D, but this is a team that is getting older. As good as they are and have been, their window is closing.

5. Heat
People will freak when they see that we have the Heat this low. They roll out strong with Flash and Shaq, but we still think their supporting cast is suspect. Damon Jones might still walk this summer and they're in need of someone to take some minutes at the point.

6. Mavericks
They're a team in transition, but still good enough to best the majority of the League. As Dirk continues to improve, his sidekicks are dropping like flies. First Nash last season and it looks like Michael Finley is going to be cut outright.

7. Cavaliers
The only Eastern Conference team to get after it more than the Bucks this summer has been the Cavs. They resigned Z, and added Larry Hughes and Donyell Marshall — each signing designed to fill a specific need. Did we mention that they also have a cat named LeBron? Ridiculous.

8. Rockets
Heading into year two of the T-Mac-Yao Ming combo, we're still waiting for them to truly click. They love each other though, so it's only a matter of time. They desperately needed to get more athletic in the off-season and addressed that issue by stealing Stromile Swift from the Grizzlies.

9. Nuggets
The Nuggets had the misfortune of drawing the Spurs in the first round of the playoffs this year and were dealt with predictably. That's OK though, because George Karl's team wasn't ready for the big time yet. Another year together under Karl and this team is dangerous come the second season.

10. Bulls
Last year was no fluke. These young cats can ball and will continue to do so. It's on the front office though to keep Tyson Chandler and Eddy Curry, both restricted free agents, in the mix.

11. Nets
Vince showed signs of absolute dominance toward the end of the regular season, but then promptly disappeared in the first round of the playoffs. With R.J. back, though Carter and Kidd won't have to shoulder as much of the load. And don't sleep on Nenad Krstic. Kid is on his way to being one of the best centers in the East.

12. Timberwolves
The Big Ticket is frustrated. He hates to lose and won't let it happen again. With Flip gone and drama still surrounding the team, the Wolves may need another season to regroup. Don't be surprised if K.G. takes them on his back into the first round.

13. Kings
Maybe we're being generous by granting them a place this high. Because once you get past Peja and Bibby, it gets a little dicey. It looks like they're letting their next best scoring option — Cat Mobley — sign with the Clips. Geoff Petri has proven time and again that he's a genius, so we have to think he has something in the works.

14. Grizzlies
They lost Stromile Swift to the Rockets, but picked up Hakim Warrick in the draft. It seems like the Grizzlies are always in the middle of the pack. The deal to free themselves of Bonzi Wells and get Bobby Jackson and Kirk Snyder in return was a nice move.

15. Celtics
The Celts are the most unpredictable team in this whole lineup. Pierce? Payton? 'Toine? Will they all be back? None of them? Whatever happens, their core crew of young guys — Tony Allen, Delonte West, Al Jefferson and rookie Gerald Green — are all gonna be nasty.

16. Bucks
The Bucks are clearly tired of being mediocre. Check out their moves this off-season: they drafted Andrew Bogut, stole Bobby Simmons from the Clips, hired Terry Stotts to coach and kept Michael Redd in town with a max deal. Throw in the return of T.J. Ford and you basically have a whole new team in Milwaukee.

17. Supersonics
Nate is gone but admired assistant Weiss is in. Ray & Co. will try to build on the surprising run they had last season. Losing Jerome James might hurt more than anyone is predicting, especially with the possibility of losing Vlad Radmonovic and Reggie Evans to free agency as well. Who will help Nick Collison on the front line?

18. Wizards
We'll give the Wizards front office credit. When they lost Larry Hughes, they didn't panic. Instead they softened the loss by dealing Kwame Brown (who they were going to lose anyway) for Caron Butler and Antonio Daniels. Their front line is still sketchy though ...

19. Trail Blazers
Why do they get love? Zach is back and the "Baby Blazers" are in full effect. Travis Outlaw, Martell Webster, Sebastian Telfair — it's like a frat party up in there. But does that equal wins yet?

20. 76ers
Willie Green: six years, $20 million? Kyle Korver: six years, $27 million? Samuel Dalembert: six years, $70 million? If Billy King's signings don't work out, at least he'll be going out in a blaze of glory.

21. Magic
If Jameer is at the point and Steve Francis plays the two, then Hill plays the three and Howard plays the four. Lottery pick Fran Vasquez can play the five and the Magic could be really good this year. Wait, it can't be that easy right? Know this though: Dwight is going to be a beast this year ... this is a team on the move.

22. Warriors
During the final two or three weeks of the regular season, there wasn't a more entertaining team to watch in the NBA. Baron and J-Rich were running on all cylinders and it was entertaining as hell. For the fun to continue, Baron needs to stay healthy — something he really hasn't ever been able to do.

23. Jazz
Unfortunately for Utah, last season was a wasted year. Remember, before Andrei Kirelinko went down the Jazz were rolling. This season, with the addition of a floor general in Deron Williams, they could be playing sweet music in Salt Lake come playoff time.

24. Knicks
What can Larry Brown even do with this squad? The first step will be to cut Allan Houston. After that, it's up to L.B. to mend fences with Steph — easier said than done.

25. Lakers
They do have Kobe and Lamar Odom, and Phil is back on the sidelines. Gotta be worth something right?

26. Clippers
We thought about sticking them at the very bottom because we still can't understand their draft. Yaroslav Korolev ? Really? With Danny Granger, Gerald Green and everyone else still on the board? So frustrating ...

27. Raptors
GM Rob Babcock is praying that Charlie Villanueva will make him look like a genius right from opening night. A slow start from their lottery pick will have everyone (including us), begging to know why they didn't snag Mr. Do-it-all Danny Granger when they had the chance.

28. Bobcats
They're young, they have three former NCAA champions on their roster and Nelly is a part owner. At the very least, they'll get up and down and sell a bunch of tickets.

29. Hawks
You know it's bad when you can't give away $70 million. On the bright side, Salim Stoudamire has been absolutely killing in his limited summer league run.

30. Hornets
Hornets fans, take solace in the old saying, "You have to go through hell to get to heaven." In case you don't realize it, hell was last season. And maybe the year before too. The Hornets may not win many more games than the 18 they came up with last season, but with Chris Paul in the mix tossing 'oops to J.R. Smith, better days are ahead.

Pistonfan1
07-29-2005, 01:13 AM
Ummm okay so an Allas Mavs fan is talking crap to the Spurs and bragging about a 30 point win they had on the Spurs WHEN TIM DUNCAN WAS HURT. Look at the other 3 games. You play who you play bottom line. One thing I know is Allas doesnt have the heart,leadership etc to win a world title. Hey mouse go back and rewatch game 6 of the semis this year when Irk was yelling at Jason Terry and Stackhouse tried to be the hero. Oh and another thing Mouse the last thing you should be doing is discrediting my team and teams who have championship hardware. Pistons and Spurs have 6 rings combined and Allas has how many???Yeah that is what I thought.In fact your Mavs are the only NBA team in Texas to not have any world titles. This is as bad as heat fans talking trash.

mouse
07-29-2005, 01:17 AM
Dime Drops the hammer on all contenders.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/3830350

Off-season moves tip scale of power

Dime Magazine
Posted: 1 day ago

Even with training camp still months away, it's never too early for a Dime NBA Hit List. The free-agent frenzy that has gripped the L for the last few weeks has done its best to tip the scales of power (see: the rise of the Bucks, Cavs and Pacers). If the season were to start today, this is how we would rank the teams ...

DIME MAGAZINE HIT LIST
Rk Team Comment
1. Spurs
The best team in the game. Period.

Pssssssst! show me what they said in *99? did they have the Spurs winning?

It's easy to say the Spurs are number 1 after the fact, just ask Bill Walton :lmao

AFE7FATMAN
07-29-2005, 01:18 AM
^^^Thanks for the back-up Solid D^^^

Check the pre season Power standings, SPURS rated # 1 Everywhere.

Awaiting Mr Mouse?
Tonto?
Anybody home :lol

Dam you guys :drunk type fast

mouse
07-29-2005, 01:21 AM
Ummm okay so an Allas Mavs This is as bad as heat fans talking trash.

Not as bad as a Piston fan going to a Spurs baord to talk trash to a Maverick fan. :lmao

AFE7FATMAN
07-29-2005, 01:22 AM
Pssssssst! show me what they said in *99? did they have the Spurs winning?

It's easy to say the Spurs are number 1 after the fact, just ask Bill Walton :lmao

99 was not a complete year the lockout screwed everything up.
The Spurs supprised a lot of people due to Doc RIvers working out a lot of the guys in Houston and also the spurs getting ellie.

BTW :cuss Walton

mouse
07-29-2005, 01:22 AM
^^^Thanks for the back-up Solid D^^^

Awaiting Mr Mouse?
Tonto?
Anybody home :lol

Dam you guys :drunk type fast

Sorry but T park is in the club talking his Krespy Kream smack also.

TheTruth
07-29-2005, 01:23 AM
Useless Thread Forum

AFE7FATMAN
Not as bad as a Piston fan going to a Spurs baord to talk trash to a Maverick fan. :lmao

LMFAO ^^^^^^

Solid D
Even the Travelocity Roaming Gnome admits the obvious. The Spurs are Champions.

http://hg.travelocity.com.edgesuite.net/i/gnome_store/gnome_143x209.gif
Scoreboard :rollin

Rack ^

http://www.fullsportpress.com/backpatternew.gif
The kluby tells the story

TheWriter
07-29-2005, 01:24 AM
You people sure do love to amuse Mouse.

He's the puppet master if there ever was one.

mouse
07-29-2005, 01:24 AM
99 was not a complete year
So the * is Legit?

mouse
07-29-2005, 01:25 AM

To bad the only string I can pull of yours is a Tampon :lmao

TheTruth
07-29-2005, 01:26 AM
So the * is Legit?
Comeon mouse. You know every team played the same amount of games, had the same amount of time to prepare, and we had a full playoffs. The spurs beat everyone fair and square.

TheWriter
07-29-2005, 01:26 AM
To bad the only string I can pull of yours is a Tampon :lmao

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

http://www.k2.dion.ne.jp/~dearsoul/LOVELOG_IMG/200504069ab4b8b8.JPG

mouse
07-29-2005, 01:29 AM
Comeon mouse. You know every team played the same amount of games, had the same amount of time to prepare, and we had a full playoffs. The spurs beat everyone fair and square.

Thats my point! he brought up the short season not me, read his post above mine. :smokin

mouse
07-29-2005, 01:30 AM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

http://www.k2.dion.ne.jp/~dearsoul/LOVELOG_IMG/200504069ab4b8b8.JPG

^ Rack that monkey :lmao

AFE7FATMAN
07-29-2005, 01:30 AM
So the * is Legit?

Depends on who you ask and it's only a footnote. The SPurs
Won and a Very Big :flipoff to P. Jackson for it.

TheTruth
07-29-2005, 01:31 AM
:lmao

mouse
07-29-2005, 01:35 AM
Depends on who you ask and it's only a footnote. The SPurs
Won and a Very Big :flipoff to P. Jackson for it.

Well if you want the Truth the Spurs have another *, That season when the Mavericks waxed your ass in game one of the Semi finals? They lost Dirk, so you guys coasted into the Finals. * = No Dirk :smokin

TheWriter
07-29-2005, 01:36 AM

But not nearly as bad as a Spurs fan pretending to be a Mavs fan pretending to talk trash other Spurs fans then pretending to be a Pistons and talking trash to the Spurs fan pretending to be a Mavs fan pretending to be a man but is instead a hairy woman.

We've all heard your voice Mouse.

Now that's just bad.

Solid D
07-29-2005, 01:37 AM
http://www.picturethis.ca/graphics/silver2_sm_cr.jpg

Tonto like the Spurs because Tonto really Jay Silverheels...which makes you think of Jay Howard and wearing Spurs is like having "Silver-heels" ...get it? It's such a coincidence.

mouse
07-29-2005, 01:40 AM
http://www.picturethis.ca/graphics/silver2_sm_cr.jpg

Tonto like the Spurs because Tonto really Jay Silverheels...which makes you think of Jay Howard and wearing Spurs is like having "Silver-heels" ...get it? It's such a coincidence.

But Tonto never got to Bang! anyone :lmao

TheTruth
07-29-2005, 01:40 AM
Well if you want the Truth the Spurs have another *, That season when the Mavericks waxed your ass in game one of the Semi finals? They lost Dirk, so you guys coasted into the Finals. * = No Dirk :smokin
Thats a pretty funny statement. The Mavs didn't wax shit, the refs did. Then the Spurs went out and demolished your Mavs in the next two games BEFORE dirk went down.

AFE7FATMAN
07-29-2005, 01:43 AM

Yep Mouse is good, but not a puppet master-His takes/points are either real good or funny, sorry you are soooooooooooooooooooo envious of mouse.

Your takes are- "Never mind"

TheWriter
07-29-2005, 01:44 AM
Yep Mouse is good, but not a puppet master-His takes/points are either real good or funny, sorry you are soooooooooooooooooooo envious of mouse.

Your takes are- "Never mind"

Mouse is nothing more than a Dick.

http://www.thesegues.com/jason/velocity/content/binary/Puppet%20Master.jpg

AFE7FATMAN
07-29-2005, 01:45 AM

Sorry Mouse but a injury to one player should not stop a good team. He should have played on bad ankles or whatever he had and the rest of your Team? should have stepped up.

AFE7FATMAN
07-29-2005, 01:46 AM
Mouse is nothing more than a Dick.

http://www.thesegues.com/jason/velocity/content/binary/Puppet%20Master.jpg

and you would know because ??????

AFE7FATMAN
07-29-2005, 01:48 AM
But Tonto never got to Bang! anyone :lmao

Wrong Mouse, case in point

Tonto we're surrounded by Indians what are we going to do??

What do you mean "WE" Pale face?

TheWriter
07-29-2005, 01:50 AM
and you would know because ??????

Dude, I've been posting with Mouse since 2000, how about you?

AFE7FATMAN
07-29-2005, 01:56 AM
Dude, I've been posting with Mouse since 2000, how about you?

Yep Nov 2000, the OLD WOAI Board, Romper Room, etc.

added:
also SR but that is a different story and if you want that one PM Me

TexasAggie2005
07-29-2005, 02:11 AM
That is not true, When Tim Duncan was hurt you , and everyone here knew the lakers did not deserve that ring. You all said the Spurs where the better team,

Now the shoe is on the other foot so you change your tune.

You're completely missing my point. I don't give a crap who the best team is. If every idiot on ESPN.com puts five teams ahead of us and we win the championship it'd be just as sweet. Opinions count for less than a dog turd. All I really care is who wins it all. If you don't think the Spurs are the "best", I don't care. Same goes for when we don't win it all. You're not going to see people whining that it should be our championship because we're "better".

It's sports. It's not perfect. Injuries and chance are part of the game. Deal with it.

Kaster
07-29-2005, 02:11 AM
The Pistons didn't have to play the Suns and The Mavericks didn't have to play the Heat, how can you say which of those 4 teams is the best?

You can't. For now, you just use your brain and rightfully assume the NBA champions are the best team in basketball. If you don't believe so, too bad. I'd suggest you just go back and watch the Mavs get their annual ass-whopping in the playoffs. Well, that won't sooth your mind, so I suggest...something else.

TheWriter
07-29-2005, 02:15 AM
Yeah, the Celts during the their 11 year title run weren't the best!

The Bulls of the two three-peats, weren't the best either.

Mouse has a very sound logic going on. We should all be so wise to learn from him.[/Mr. Wiggly]

Ok Mr. Wiggly, I think it's time for you to get down from there.

http://home.att.net/~alanj.hall/PigArrested.JPG

TexasAggie2005
07-29-2005, 02:23 AM
Yeah, the Celts during the their 11 year title run weren't the best!

The Bulls of the two three-peats, weren't the best either.

Mouse has a very sound logic going on. We should all be so wise to learn from him.[/Mr. Wiggly]

Ok Mr. Wiggly, I think it's time for you to get down from there.

Maybe some years they weren't. Jordan's Bulls went 7 games in a number of series. Does it matter? Most people don't even think of how close they came to losing in those years. They just remember the championships. There isn't a trophy for the team everyone thinks is the best (well, except in college football, but don't get me started on that).

Maybe when the Mavs win it all we'll taunt you about your team not being the best, but until then (like that's ever really going to happen) just sit there and be jealous.

EDIT: Using mouse's logic, every championship should have an *. There hasn't been a year that you could flat out guarantee one team was the best. Everyone lost in the regular season to someone, so apparently that means they're not the "best".

ShoogarBear
07-29-2005, 02:41 AM
Your REAL 2005 NBA champions: the Charlotte Bobcats.

Thanks, mouse, for clearing things up.

Duncanoypi
07-29-2005, 02:48 AM

Excuses are only for gays... :elephant

Sense
07-29-2005, 03:07 AM

out of them, the Pistons..

The pistons beat the heat..

Pistons had enough defense for the Suns..

The Heat and the Suns were up and coming.

It was a finals ment to be.
Spurs are the best team.

Sense
07-29-2005, 03:07 AM

What about the other 2 championships..

bigbendbruisebrother
07-29-2005, 08:25 AM
Yawn. As The Strokes asked, is this it? Spanking T Park, chasing mouse, debating trades that will probably never happen. Man, November is a long way off.

GoSpurs21
07-29-2005, 08:42 AM
this topic just goes to show "how do we know mouse doesnt use his brain?"
cause he makes laim ass threads like this
the Spurs are the best cause they won the last game of the post season moron
that's why they present the championship to the team that wins the last game

round robin tournaments is the regular season
the mavs had there chance to beat the Spurs and they didnt

TheTruth
07-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Excuses are only for gays... :elephant
Get right to the point why don't ya.

Solid D
07-29-2005, 09:07 AM
You have to understand mouse in his role as SpursTalk Minister of Information.

http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/images/07-minister.jpg

"The information was correct, but the interpretations were not," he said. "I did my duty up to the last minute."

Joesteds
07-29-2005, 10:12 AM
This guy is classic Mavericks fan. Never won anything and knows they never will with Dirk and Cuban, so they take their second and first round exits and go bitch to the League or bitch on these forums to get all these people rowled up. I mean can anyone honestly see the Mavs winning a title in the next 5 years. They have Dirk and Howard. That is your core??? I was a Spurs hater but they earned my respect after beating the Suns and then the Pistons, which covered every realm of basketball that can be played. Running to slow it down defense and they won both.

samikeyp
07-29-2005, 10:15 AM
The last team standing is the best and remains so until someone knocks them off.

sa_butta
07-29-2005, 10:17 AM
This thread is getting redundant, we all know who is the best and why.

GrandeDavid
07-29-2005, 10:25 AM
Mouse, were the Spurs entirely healthy throughout their championship run? Did Tim Duncan not battle through at least two rounds on two gimpy ankles? Did energetic wing backup Devin Brown log quality minutes in one playoff game? How about the whacks Manu took?

Do you really think Stan Van Gundy could out coach Gregg Popovich in a seven game series, especially with the NBA's toughest home team, the San Antonio Spurs, having home court?

I don't think so.

Remember, Tim Duncan and the key Spurs players have already eliminated Shaq in the playoffs, so that mountain of mystique no longer exists. Miami has absolutely no depth to contend with San Antonio's.

I'd have picked the Spurs in six.

batman2883
07-29-2005, 10:43 AM
Spurs are the best team, because they play like a team, when one struggles another 2 pick up the slack. Its the rules that every team should play by, but don't, we are complete all the way through. We won a championship with players playing at less than 100% most of the playoffs. Spurs are the best team period, the trophy doesnt lie....

Solid D
07-29-2005, 10:49 AM
http://www.pinpics.com/img/p728/pin36431

Horry For 3!
07-29-2005, 11:11 AM
hahahha @ this thread. What a fucking dumbass. Uhhh lets see....we won the championship & we have the trophy :lmao

nkdlunch
07-29-2005, 11:13 AM
That's exactly why they got 7 game series and not 1 game series. to make sure the best team wins.

maddnezz
07-29-2005, 11:43 AM

Banks91
07-29-2005, 11:45 AM
The guy postin about how how mavericks didnt have dirk in 2003, if any team can
say they shouldve won it instead of the spurs they are the kings. They demolished ur
mavericks game 1, every body in the country knew that series was goin 4 or 5 games max till webber got hurt. And as far as dirk gettin hurt , i think it was game 3, after we smashed yall in game 2, and everybody already knew game 1 was a fluke.

maddnezz
07-29-2005, 11:48 AM
why dont you go to game stop get old copies of nba live for the years that you are talking about and set the rosters on the teams you want to challenge each other, put it on simulation and let'r rip? (but don't forget, the game designers slight biase againts the spurs):eyebrows :eyebrows :

Banks91
07-29-2005, 11:57 AM
YO mavericks fan, i just checked it up, Mavs won game 1 by 3 points, we blew yall
out game 2 by 13, and dirk got injured game 3 with 7:45 left in the 4th, with us having a 15 point lead. And that first game u all shouldnt have even won, we gave that game to yall since we had once a 15 point lead, like spurs have been known to do once in a while.

Pistonfan1
07-29-2005, 01:00 PM

Whatever makes you feel good i guess. Mouse you have no right to even diss my Pistons because unlike your team, we have 3 world titles. You guys have yet to make it to the finals!. Oh and Irk is a pussy. Had a sore knee in 2003 and sat out like the pretty boy he is. Sorry but if you can deal with the pain, you play.Oh remind me again how many world titles do the mavs have? ZERO!!!!!!!!! :lol

Mixability
07-29-2005, 01:20 PM
It took 7 games to barely beat the Pistons...

That's a sign of a weak champion

We'd rather be a weak champion then not a champion at all, keep the belts, melt them down, make yourselves some championship rings.....eastern conference champions that is!

bigbendbruisebrother
07-29-2005, 01:27 PM
_How do you know fo_How do you know for sure the Spurs are the best team in the NBA?_

Ahem.

Once again congrats to you all , you guys proved to be the best team in the NBA. and that is something no one can take away, or until next season :smokin

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22566&page=2

:king

nkdlunch
07-29-2005, 01:30 PM

and an even weaker ex-champion :lol

Solid D
07-29-2005, 01:55 PM

Another alias is spawned.

Spursdaone
07-29-2005, 02:00 PM
I actually agree with Mouse on something. If Seattle was healthy San Antonio would've lost.

Nash to Amare
07-29-2005, 02:04 PM
I would say San Antonio is the best this year. It doesn't mean that they will be next year. Joe Johnson returning and Amare constantly getting better I have a feeling Phoenix will win next year.

Solid D
07-29-2005, 02:07 PM
I actually agree with Mouse on something. If Seattle was healthy San Antonio would've lost.

Yet, another bad post. I thought you were away working on your game. What were you working on all this time?

samikeyp
07-29-2005, 02:10 PM

but if the Pistons would have won, which would have been by probably a similar margin, that would have been different right? :rolleyes It took seven games because the teams were either equally good or equally bad. Personally, I believe it was the first one. Both teams were that good and evenly matched.

News flash folks....all the NBA requires for a champion is to win 16 games in the playoffs. How many you take to do it is irrelevant.

Its going to be SA or Phoenix next year, if Phoenix keeps Joe Johnson.

Solid D
07-29-2005, 02:16 PM
It took seven games because the teams were either equally good or equally bad. Personally, I believe it was the first one. Both teams were that good and evenly matched.

Since the Pistons defeated the All-Star laden Lakers in 5 games to win the 2004 NBA Title and were trying to repeat in 2005...and since the Spurs were trying to win their 2nd NBA Title out of their last 3 attempts...I'd say that your notion that both teams this year were equally good is the correct answer.

manubili
07-29-2005, 02:18 PM
You're discussing two points here: SA being the best, and the playoff sistem.

I see your point.

There is an alternative to the playoff sistem: every team plays against the others, one, two, three games, whatever, and then you just take a look to see who won more times.

Like F1 races.

But even then, you'd have a champion that might have lost some times against some of the teams. Most of all, there might be a team that beat the champion every time they matched.

So, once again, you can't be sure that the champion is the best team.

Champion is the best, not the perfect team.

Nash to Amare
07-29-2005, 02:19 PM
The Pistons were distracted this year and not as deep as last year. Every year is different. Just because San Antonio was great this year doesn't guarantee the same for next year. Players training routine determines the success of next year. Amare seems very motivated to get better and be the best.

SWC Bonfire
07-29-2005, 02:19 PM
There is an alternative to the playoff sistem: every team plays against the others, one, two, three games, whatever, and then you just take a look to see who won more times.

They call that the regular season. Heat had a chance to win the reg. season series. They didn't.

I'm pretty sure no one beat the Spurs in a regular season series. Did any other team?

samikeyp
07-29-2005, 02:21 PM
Just because San Antonio was great this year doesn't guarantee the same for next year.

that was the point of my first post. Right now they are the best....they will remain so until someone knocks them out. If someone does, then that team is the better team and props to them.

pjjrfan
07-29-2005, 03:12 PM
It's the way the system is set up, if any of us could change it, I'm sure your idea would be one way, but that's the way it is. I'm happy with it. I'm not so happy with it when we lose, but having won it 2 out of the last 3 years, I would have to say that the Spurs are very deserving of both titles. Except for the 2002 title when Sac got robbed by the refs in game 6, I really don't have a problem with any of the last 35 champions that I have seen. Actully longer, since I go back to 66 when I first started watching the NBA on TV.

Pistonfan1
07-29-2005, 08:26 PM
Suns are not beating the Spurs anytime soon sorry. Suns were so lucky to not be swept. Nash getting up their in age and They pissed alot of their cash to Marion and soon to be JJ and still have to max Amare out. Suns dont have the mental toughness,poise, etc etc to beat the Spurs 4 times. Plus D'antioni is not a bright coach either. Nice reg season team and some fun in the playoffs then theyll lose to the Spurs again and again.

Suns Fan
07-29-2005, 08:38 PM
^ How soon you forget the first round exit we handed your ass a few seasons back.

Solid D
07-29-2005, 09:06 PM
I think I remember that. Tim Duncan sitting out (torn knee cartilage) the playoffs and Samaki Walker taking his place. I think the Suns had Shawn Marion...and that's about all that remains from that team, right? Kevin Johnson's last season.

Suns went on to really make the most of that opportunity, didn't they?

Solid D
07-29-2005, 09:21 PM
You know, I've been thinking and I think I know what the Suns needed to get past the Spurs this year......
More Cowbell !!!

http://www.stucknut.com/locker/files/cowbell.gif