PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: LOL Article: No One Notices The Spurs Because No One Notices San Antonio

Koolaid_Man
12-07-2013, 01:39 PM
:lmao I thoroughly thoroughly enjoyed reading this: :toast (and you will too)

Mostly, though? The issue with the Spurs is San Antonio, Texas. What do you know about San Antonio? Big city? Pretty big. Nice city? Well, it built a huge outdoor mall along its biggest ditch, planted a 750-foot phallus in the '60s, and welcomes a lot of people to an old stone building where a couple of hundred Texans died a couple of hundred years ago. Who are the people there? What are their politics? I mean, they're Texan, for what that's worth. But they seem somehow more upright than other urban Texans — closer to the land, maybe, less prone to fits of misdirected world domination. Austin has burnt orange and SXSW; Houston has outer space and Enron and the Bush clan; Dallas has Dallas. San Antonio doesn't even have a decent stereotype to its name. If someone told a San Antonio joke, you wouldn't get it.

:lmao

San Antonio leads the parade of cities about which no one outside a two-state radius will ever bother to form much of an opinion. Jacksonville. Minneapolis. If you put the 1996 Bulls in Sacramento, Clyde Drexler jerseys would've outsold Jordan's.

:lol

There's no national San Antonio narrative, so the Spurs have to carry it all. The last guy they employed who wanted any part of that job was Dennis Rodman, until Pop ran him off (http://www.reddit.com/r/NBASpurs/comments/16j8tx/a_chapter_from_dennis_rodmans_book_on_his_time_in/) to win titles in Chicago — an improvement, Rodman wrote, over "that white-ass, conservative-ass city" in south Texas.

:lmao

If the Spurs win this year, I imagine their fans will celebrate responsibly with a couple of Bud Limes and Taco Cabana take-out, then get up the next day and drive to work and tell each other, gosh, this one just might be the most special yet. And the great thing is, because none of the rest of us really care to share it, they can keep it all for themselves.

http://deadspin.com/no-one-notices-the-spurs-because-no-one-notices-san-ant-512104565

Bill_Brasky
12-07-2013, 01:40 PM
you noticed.

Plum Island
12-07-2013, 01:43 PM
That actually was pretty funny.

And accurate. San Antonio the city blows.

Your best posts are when you just quote someone else.

Koolaid_Man
12-07-2013, 01:46 PM
That actually was pretty funny.

And accurate. San Antonio the city blows.

Your best posts are when you just quote someone else.

^ totally agree...here's one of my fave quotes all-time:

Phil Jackson on the Spurs first title: :lmao

"I know it's added onto their list, but anybody who was around basketball in '99 knows it was entirely an aberration," Jackson said. "Not that they don't deserve it. They won the pack and they came out of that heap, but that's an asterisk. That's kind of a weird situation that sits over there."

TXstbobcat
12-07-2013, 01:50 PM

back in '99 when the spurs swept the lakers and closed down the forum. :lmao

Plum Island
12-07-2013, 01:57 PM

Why?
'99 hurt you that much?
How long you going to let that kielbasa keep poking you in the ass?
Pussy.

ChumpDumper
12-07-2013, 01:57 PM
Seems the author noticed San Antonio a lot.

As does the OP.

elmanutres
12-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Yet you still won't admit to *2002. Hypocrite

KaiRMD1
12-07-2013, 02:05 PM
you noticed.

I sincerely believe Koolaid_man is nothing more than San Antonio's biggest fan. Kudos to you ol' sport, welcome

DMC
12-07-2013, 02:39 PM
Quoting a writer who starts a sentence with a conjunction = fail

Plum Island
12-07-2013, 02:42 PM
I sincerely believe Koolaid_man is nothing more than San Antonio's biggest fan. Kudos to you ol' sport, welcome

He's "Tammy's" biggest fan.

Dude got more excited than a pre-teen cubscout with some stolen 80's Playboy magazines when he heard the Tim's gay rumors.

His dream just may come true... Tammy's balls on his chin.

Brunodf
12-07-2013, 02:43 PM
Grass is green thread

tlongII
12-07-2013, 02:55 PM
I don't know. I love San Antonio actually. It's one of my favorite cities.

tlongII
12-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Still hot, flat, and dusty though.

DMC
12-07-2013, 04:14 PM
How's San Marcos this time of year? Still bustling?

Plum Island
12-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Still hot, flat, and dusty though.

Shoot- go to El Paso.

Hot, dusty and stray cartel bullets flying in all directions from the other side of the border.

You try to go clubbing downtown and those fools can pick you off from a block away as you wait to pay the cover.

That's living...

Koolaid_Man
12-07-2013, 04:19 PM

you guys would shit yourselves for me to be on your side....you would rule ST then....

Plum Island
12-07-2013, 04:45 PM
you guys would shit yourselves for me to be on your side....you would rule ST then....

I would shit myself if you actually gave a real basketball take.

Not that shit that rival's Hater's for "Pity the Retard of the Year" posts.

Or the incessant nut-licking Kobe or dreaming of the taste of Tammy's schlong.

Lol- rule ST. You're a joke. Everyone knows it. That's why you get owned on a daily basis.

You're a laughing-stock. Not even a decent troll despite hours upon hours of effort on your part.

Don't worry- I'll leave you alone after a while. You're not worthy of much more attention, so relish it.

Dude, you don't even rule your own home. Even if you lived alone.

Reck
12-07-2013, 05:48 PM
The guy who wrote the article has clearly and evidently experienced the Spurs rape train.

KaiRMD1
12-07-2013, 09:13 PM

Ol' sport, with the opinions you give on your team (the Kirby's) I would prefer you not become a Spurs fan.......but it's too late ol' sport

PingPong
12-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Outside of U.S. and México, probably no one notice the whole Texas, tbh. Mostly, people see Texas as a conservative state, land of the Bushs (not exactly a compliment).