PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: Pacers should start Granger at the stretch 4 when he comes back

m>s
12-07-2013, 03:00 PM
Would be a brilliant move tbh. Give the big man Hibbert more room to operate down low and more room for George on his drives. Granger is like a solid 6'9 or 10 and taller than west anyway, see below:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/photos/JLH_6369.jpg

And pretty stocky for a wing player, i see no reason why he couldn't bang down low with most 4's. With George now as the undisputed #1 option, he could focus his energy and athleticism on defense and rebounding, taking the shot when it's there and improving his offensive efficiency no longer being expected to create. Just have West and Scola come off the bench as the 4 and 5. That will help against Miami's strategy of starting bosh at c and running the shit out of them.

spurraider21
12-07-2013, 03:15 PM
no. west is still playing at a high level and scola is a pretty good backup for him, since they have about the same range and same type of offensive game. granger can back up both wing positions. you can play granger with george or stephenson and it would work.

m>s
12-07-2013, 03:23 PM
let me rephrase...when facing miami in the playoffs this is the lineup that they should use tbh

Buddy Mignon
12-07-2013, 03:35 PM
West is a stretch 4 you idiot. They should trade him for a real PG.

lefty
12-07-2013, 03:35 PM
OP :lol

m>s
12-07-2013, 03:37 PM
lol both west and hibbert chasing around bosh and battier on the perimeter. a stretch 4 can stretch the floor all the way out to the 3 and is a threat off the dribble if you come charging to close out, west is only good for about 19 ft and slow as fuck, can't dribble.

lefty
12-07-2013, 03:39 PM
lol both west and hibbert chasing around bosh and battier on the perimeter. a stretch 4 can stretch the floor all the way out to the 3 and is a threat off the dribble if you come charging to close out, west is only good for about 19 ft and slow as fuck, can't dribble.
I dont think that's Indy's biggest issue vs Miami

If it wasn't for a stupid defensive play by PG on Lebron last in the ECF (buzzer beater), Indy would have been in the Finals

tlongII
12-07-2013, 03:43 PM

This.

lefty
12-07-2013, 03:48 PM
This.
I agree

They should trade him for Lillard before Portland ends his career

m>s
12-07-2013, 03:54 PM
I agree

They should trade him for Lillard before Portland ends his career
:lmao

td4mvp2k
12-07-2013, 04:12 PM
no dat wood be dum to start him n not west tbh

Koolaid_Man
12-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Would be a brilliant move tbh. Give the big man Hibbert more room to operate down low and more room for George on his drives. Granger is like a solid 6'9 or 10 and taller than west anyway, see below:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/photos/JLH_6369.jpg

And pretty stocky for a wing player, i see no reason why he couldn't bang down low with most 4's. With George now as the undisputed #1 option, he could focus his energy and athleticism on defense and rebounding, taking the shot when it's there and improving his offensive efficiency no longer being expected to create. Just have West and Scola come off the bench as the 4 and 5. That will help against Miami's strategy of starting bosh at c and running the shit out of them.

well looky looky....say it ain't so......The White Nationalist got nigga cock all up in his grill......studying that shit like it's a final exam :lol

How come you all on a Niggas dicks Hitler Jr...:lmao

Koolaid_Man
12-07-2013, 04:25 PM

^ :lmao hey...give the kid some space to explain himself..I'm sure it was just a typo :lol

RsxPiimp
12-07-2013, 04:42 PM
West is a stretch 4 with that sweet midrange jumper. That's why Bosh was deemed ineffective for the most part against Indiana, because he was making Bostrich work on both ends off the floor. Granger would be a nice bench scorer., bench production was Indiana's beignets problem last year, Granger and Scola is here to fix that.

Point Guard is fine for Indiana, they can beat Miami this year as is.

m>s
12-07-2013, 04:49 PM
You knuckleheads are the same people who didn't listen to me this offseason saying that Paul George was a future star...you all said that he was overrated, wasn't a closer, etc and even made retarded threads like "Who would you rather have on your team, Paul George or Kiwi Leotard" :rollin

Against Miami this is absolutely the best lineup to throw out there. They were too slow last time...Granger isn't going to be happy off the bench when it's playoff time..this is the way to go.

RsxPiimp
12-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Granger wants to start but he also implied he'll be fine coming off the bench even if we all know that's a bunch of bull. Indiana appears to have a great camaraderie, similar to Miami's chemistry if not a bit better, I think Granger understands this, if he doesn't he's free to leave since he's a FA next season.

Granger will start off the bench and might eventually make it to the starting lineup if his conditioning improves. There's a reason why Bird and the whole coaching staff are so cautious with Granger, they all know he's the missing puzzle to push Indiana ahead of Miami. I don't think he gets traded this year.

Buddy Mignon
12-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Granger wants to start but he also implied he'll be fine coming off the bench even if we all know that's a bunch of bull. Indiana appears to have a great camaraderie, similar to Miami's chemistry if not a bit better, I think Granger understands this, if he doesn't he's free to leave since he's a FA next season.

Granger will start off the bench and might eventually make it to the starting lineup if his conditioning improves. There's a reason why Bird and the whole coaching staff are so cautious with Granger, they all know he's the missing puzzle to push Indiana ahead of Miami. I don't think he gets traded this year.

Grainger will not be happy in limited minutes. He was overrated to begin with... much like Gay and now Harden. And now he's damaged goods to boot. Move him for a real PG.

CitizenDwayne
12-07-2013, 05:48 PM
It makes no fucking sense to start Granger over West.

If Granger is a disappointment (likely), then why start him over West, who's been playing well?

And if he somehow reverts back to his old scoring ways, he would be a devastating piece off the bench.

Chinook
12-07-2013, 07:43 PM
West isn't a stretch-four. That's like saying Aldrigde is one. Being able to shoot from midrange just means he's not a liability next to Hibbert. He's a regular big that's short. The reason why he was effective against Miami is that he could stay on the floor against Battier on defense while Shane and Lebron couldn't stop him on offense.

Rogue
12-07-2013, 09:06 PM
I think they have enough depth at PF. I agree that a stretch four would do a ton of good for any team playing against Miami, like the 11' mavs, and the 13' spurs (with fat diaw) who managed to drag the Heat to game 7 and who almost won it all in 6, but I don't think it makes such a big difference whether your PF has the ability to shoot 3's or only the ability to shoot long 2pt jumpers. Scola and West both play consistent jump shooting game in the mid range which provides enough room for their C and slashers to work inside imho, but Hibert isn't much of an offensive option to begin with. Hibert's inability to be an efficient scorer down low doesn't have much to do with his teammates imho.