PDA

View Full Version : Helen Thomas: If Cheney runs, I'll kill myself

whottt
07-29-2005, 01:26 AM
Damn...I never realized how easily my vote could be bought. And the funny thing is I wasn't even planning on voting for Cheney. If he runs he's got my vote now...Go Dick Go. Please run.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45493

Veteran reporter Helen Thomas, the "dean of the White House press corps," says she would not be able to live if Vice President Cheney were to run for the highest office.

"The day I say Dick Cheney is going to run for president, I'll kill myself," she told The Hill newspaper. "All we need is one more liar."

http://worldnetdaily.com/images2/HelenThomas.jpg

It's good to see another Democrat rising to prominence during these troubling times for the party...they should sit her right next to Michael Moore at the DNC convention...

I wonder if she'll strap a bomb to herself when she does it...

If she does, I hope Alec Baldwin will be standing right next to her since he broke his promise to leave the country if Bush was re-relected. If I'd known he was lying I might not have been as pro Bush as I was.

Nbadan
07-29-2005, 03:24 AM
Yeah, Cheney will run. Nevermind that I've seen more personality from turnip than I have seen from Cheney in the last 8 years. Besides, the stage is already being set for Hillary versus Jeb in 08. That's why Jeb has been wasting time kissing up to the fundies in the whole Terry Shiavo mess and Hillary is stealing the morality issue from Conservatives by fighting against violent video games.

TheTruth
07-29-2005, 04:04 AM
Run Dick Run

exstatic
07-29-2005, 06:27 AM
Dick Cheney couldn't get elected dog catcher without an opponent.

TheTruth
07-29-2005, 06:39 AM
Dick Cheney couldn't get elected dog catcher without an opponent.
I don't care if he wins, I just want Helen Thomas to kill herself.

Spurminator
07-29-2005, 08:52 AM
Helen Thomas will be dead by the end of 2006 anyway. Maybe Dick Cheney too.

No worries...

SWC Bonfire
07-29-2005, 10:39 AM
So Cheney doesn't have to win, he just has to run?

Best one day campaign ever!

desflood
07-29-2005, 10:47 AM
Good riddance.

MannyIsGod
07-29-2005, 10:54 AM
:lmao

People that say stupid shit like this deserve for it to happen. I am now also hoping for a Cheney campaign.

Marcus Bryant
07-29-2005, 10:54 AM
Damn, I guess I'll vote for Cheney now.

Honestly, I expect the Demos to take '08. The Clintons have yet to lose a presidential election. They are rather effective at framing the issues in an election and boxing their opponents into corners. They've proven to be resilient in the face of scandal and competitive in the Midwest, parts of the South and even the (non-coastal) West.

Plus, Hillary will have the 'buzz' of being the first serious major-party female presidential candidate. You know the media will love that.

I think Hillary runs and beats whoever the GOP can come up, probably 53-46 or so in the popular vote. The GOP just does not have any rising stars with the name ID to compete with her.

MannyIsGod
07-29-2005, 10:57 AM
WTF does it matter? I'm voting Libertarian again in 08.

SWC Bonfire
07-29-2005, 10:57 AM
If the dems win it will be with Bill Richardson, Gov. of New Mexico. Hillary is too polarizing a figure, and people are tired of it. Richardson has national aspirations and no one is really pissed off at him.

EDIT: Yet.

Marcus Bryant
07-29-2005, 10:58 AM
Well, it doesn't really that much from a policy standpoint. But in regards to the pure political game, it does.

Marcus Bryant
07-29-2005, 11:00 AM
If the dems win it will be with Bill Richardson, Gov. of New Mexico. Hillary is too polarizing a figure, and people are tired of it. Richardson has national aspirations and no one is really pissed off at him.

EDIT: Yet.

The thing is, who do the Clintons piss off? Conservative Republicans. They pissed that group off in 1996 and won going away.

There is a rather direct parallel between that election and the 2004 election. Bush is a "polarizing figure" just like both of the Clintons in that he manages to agitate the base of the opposing party rather well....and still win elections.

MannyIsGod
07-29-2005, 11:02 AM
Well, it doesn't really that much from a policy standpoint. But in regards to the pure political game, it does.
True. We gotta have something to argue about.

Spurminator
07-29-2005, 11:11 AM
Any candidate for either party will be made into a polarizing figure... because we're already polar.

SWC Bonfire
07-29-2005, 11:18 AM
The thing is, who do the Clintons piss off? Conservative Republicans. They pissed that group off in 1996 and won going away.

There is a rather direct parallel between that election and the 2004 election. Bush is a "polarizing figure" just like both of the Clintons in that he manages to agitate the base of the opposing party rather well....and still win elections.

Bill pissed off conservative republicans.

Distaste of Hillary is more widespread, and encompasses more moderate voters.

Clandestino
07-29-2005, 11:19 AM

did you want bush to win?

spurschick
07-29-2005, 11:19 AM
:lmao The title of this thread alone is priceless! How very Alec Baldwin.

MannyIsGod
07-29-2005, 11:38 AM
did you want bush to win?
In 00? Yes. In 04 after seeing him in action? No.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-29-2005, 11:43 AM
There is a reason why Dick Cheney was constantly shown on TV and talked about back when W first became president, and why he is now no longer seen on any news program.

I think its because people (even those stupid enough to re-elect bush) are sensitive to the malicious mind, the evil aura of tyranny. Dick Cheney embodies this and people know it. The man looks like fucking Emporer Palpatine in the background of every State of the Union Address...its obvious who is pullin the strings.

blaze89
07-29-2005, 12:06 PM

Did you vote for Badnarik in 2004?

jochhejaam
07-29-2005, 12:37 PM
She's the same slob that called Condoleezza Rice a monster and labeled her a G-d*** liar.