PDA

View Full Version : Heat: There are only 2 elite teams in the NBA, tbh..

HarlemHeat37
12-07-2013, 10:09 PM
The East has been historically bad this year, but the top 2 teams in the conference are the only elite teams in the NBA this season, tbh..

The top teams in the West are very good, but all potentially fatal flaws, tbh..

Elite: Heat and Pacers
Very good: Rockets(weak perimete defense, Howard's FTs, Harden's reliance on refs), Clippers(perimeter defense, frontcourt depth, Jordan's FTs), Thunder(lack of support outsider their top 2, Westbrook doesn't look the same post-injury), Blazers(unsustainable style of play, one of the worst in the league in both interior scoring and interior defense), Spurs(Leonard and Green regressing, Duncan inconsistency, lack of a long 3/athletic 4)..
Good: Mavs, Wolves, Nuggets, Warriors

Miami and Indiana are the only teams that have a realistic chance of winning the title, barring injuries/trades, tbh..

Robz4000
12-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Yep, looks like it.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-07-2013, 10:10 PM
The East has been historically bad this year, but the top 2 teams in the conference are the only elite teams in the NBA this season, tbh..

Very good: Rockets, Clippers, Thunder, Blazers, Spurs

Miami and Indiana are the only teams that have a realistic chance of winning the title, barring injuries/trades, tbh..

:lmao meltdown over one game

at least we didn't lose to the fucking 76ers or Celtics

irishock
12-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Blazers and Rockets don't deserve to be very good

spurraider21
miami has fatal flaws that were exposed in last year's playoff run. indiana's flaw was their bench and they patched that up with watson, scola, and the return of granger

benefactor
Spurs caught lighting in a bottle last season. The winner of the ECF...which will be Pacers/Heat barring injuries...will be the NBA champion.

LkrFan
12-07-2013, 10:12 PM
SMH at Harlem. You dismissed them already trying to hype up coasting Miami. "They need a PG" my ass. Oh, and GH > TP. :lol

Calispursfan11
12-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Wow, HH melting down and the game isn't even over yet. He's being a 1st degree pussy as usual. His inner beta is shining thru tbh, tbh.

td4mvp2k
12-07-2013, 10:13 PM
I dont think pacers playd 7 vs da heat... tbh

HarlemHeat37
12-07-2013, 10:14 PM
I don't ever melt down, go look at my posts upstairs, I don't think any regular season game means anything, tbh:lol..

Spurs are really good, just like last year, but Miami and Indiana both improved and are much better than the rest of the league..

I was one of the only non-homer posters on this forum that was confident the Spurs would easily win the West last year, FYI:lol..I still believe they'll win the West, but the top teams in the East are too good this year..

Calispursfan11
12-07-2013, 10:15 PM
Wow, the faggotry in this thread is epic. Lose one game to the Pacers early in the season and meltdown. Leave the site tbh if you're gonna give up this quickly.

Reck
12-07-2013, 10:27 PM
Pacers will cool off at some point. Certainly not going to keep this insanely good level of play for the expand of the whole season.

Look at Indiana like the Blazers, only Indy will actually contend with Miami at the end.

Spurs are in a little bit of trouble because they're simply not giving much of a fuck right now. You have to at least maintain and win meaningfull games (yep, even in december) and they are just not doing that right now.

I'm cool right now but if this shit keeps up into next year and into January-February I'll be panicked.

timtonymanu
12-07-2013, 10:31 PM
If the ECF isn't Miami-Indiana, there isn't any point in watching.

Rogue
12-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Rockets ain't that good at all imho. they just have lost one less game than us mavs and they play a losing style of game which will be exposed in the very first round of playoffs tbh

irishock
12-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Pistons-Pacers second round is possible, tbh.

I hope they brawl again

Reck
12-07-2013, 10:51 PM
I hope they brawl again

Too predictable imo.

ElNono
12-07-2013, 10:52 PM
Not really concerned, tbh... only one of them is coming out of the East, and hopefully after a battle royale...

spurraider21
12-07-2013, 10:53 PM
I don't ever melt down, go look at my posts upstairs, I don't think any regular season game means anything, tbh:lol..

Spurs are really good, just like last year, but Miami and Indiana both improved and are much better than the rest of the league..

I was one of the only non-homer posters on this forum that was confident the Spurs would easily win the West last year, FYI:lol..I still believe they'll win the West, but the top teams in the East are too good this year..
i agree. both miami and indy would be favored in a series over the spurs, but the spurs should be favored to represent the west. tbh, if we can get to the finals, i'll take it though. puncher's chance if anything

Mugen
12-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Agreed, tbh. But it's December and the Spurs have a chance to join that tier tbh.

DMC
12-07-2013, 11:15 PM
:lmao meltdown over one game

at least we didn't lose to the fucking 76ers or Celtics

HH is probably the most well grounded poster regarding takes on his own team. I'm a bit on the pessimistic side and most gnsfs are on the unwarranted optimism side with forays into the abyss of despair after a loss. I wouldn't call his take a meltdown. He's spot on.

apalisoc_9
12-07-2013, 11:17 PM
IMO, Leonard is not regressing.

Leonard not playing well is a result of too much pressure due to expectation.

Parker should have shut his mouth up about the All-star talk..Imo

DMC
12-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Agreed, tbh. But it's December and the Spurs have a chance to join that tier tbh.

They don't need to. There can be only one of them to meet us in the playoffs. We just need to be able to get back to the Finals. We have hurdles like OKC and Portland, and with Ayers getting minutes, it's going to be interesting to see how it all unfolds. There eventually has to be a drop off. The Spurs could be like a Li battery, full speed with a sudden drop off instead of a slow decay.

TDMVPDPOY
12-07-2013, 11:18 PM

u know ur team is shit when u allow diaw many offensive plays, remember how that went for him his last season with the suns where he was the goto guy? lmao couldnt buy a basket when games were on the line...

if he played like this last season = ring

too bad everyone is taking a step off the peddle this season, unlike a certain wanker on the team still hero mode

DMC
12-07-2013, 11:19 PM
IMO, Leonard is not regressing.

Leonard not playing well is a result of too much pressure due to expectation.

Parker should have shut his mouth up about the All-star talk..Imo

That would be worse than regressing. Leonard isn't part of the offense. He's often ignored until that moment he's expected to create for himself. That doesn't work very well on a team based offensive system, but he's doing just fine. Every team in the league would love to have the guy.

apalisoc_9
12-07-2013, 11:20 PM
u know ur team is shit when u allow diaw many offensive plays, remember how that went for him his last season with the suns where he was the goto guy? lmao couldnt buy a basket when games were on the line...

too bad everyone is taking a step off the peddle this season, unlike a certain wanker on the team still hero mode

I actually thought he should have been more aggressive.

DMC
12-07-2013, 11:20 PM

We want Diaw shooting. I'll take a low percentage over constant deferrals.

timtonymanu
12-07-2013, 11:25 PM
I'm not worried about Leonard and Green.

Green is going through another one of his streaks where he's a complete scrub and everyone wants to trade him. He'll start lighting it up again in due time.
Leonard isn't where I thought he would be, but I think he'll turn it up when it matters.
Duncan has looked much better the last few games.

The Spurs still do need that long, athletic 3/4. I'm not expecting much out of Thomas but it's a start. And I do think there's some teams out West that the Spurs will struggle with in the playoffs (Rockets, Blazers, Thunder), but I like the Spurs' chances of making it back to the Finals.

I do agree with Harlem though that Miami and Indiana are the 2 best teams in the NBA.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-12-2014, 11:20 PM

Very good: Rockets(weak perimete defense, Howard's FTs, Harden's reliance on refs), Clippers(perimeter defense, frontcourt depth, Jordan's FTs), Thunder(lack of support outsider their top 2, Westbrook doesn't look the same post-injury), Blazers(unsustainable style of play, one of the worst in the league in both interior scoring and interior defense), Spurs(Leonard and Green regressing, Duncan inconsistency, lack of a long 3/athletic 4)..

:lmao

Malik Hairston
06-13-2014, 12:32 AM
:lol this was a counter-response to an "East sucks" thread, you moron..I've been shitting on Indiana since January..

This nigga is reaching badly..

Strange Love
06-13-2014, 06:08 AM
Pacers will cool off at some point. Certainly not going to keep this insanely good level of play for the expand of the whole season.

Look at Indiana like the Blazers, only Indy will actually contend with Miami at the end.

Spurs are in a little bit of trouble because they're simply not giving much of a fuck right now. You have to at least maintain and win meaningfull games (yep, even in december) and they are just not doing that right now.

I'm cool right now but if this shit keeps up into next year and into January-February I'll be panicked.

Pretty accurate overall I would say.

Franklin
06-13-2014, 09:01 AM
tbh I was expecting the Nets to draw a close combat with Miami, and they nearly did it, but got robbed by refs in game 4 which pushed them to the brink of cliff and literally killed their chance to cause upset.