PDA

View Full Version : Spurs 15-4 record...

bklynspursfan
12-07-2013, 11:39 PM
Is the same we had at this point last year with 2 losses to the Clips, 1 to the Knicks and 1 to Miami (rest gate). Not as sharp offensively, but overall have been a little better defensively to start the year, with a what looks to be an improved bench. Starters are not playing well, and we are still in decent shape standings wise. Maybe the garbage time points Kawhi got will get him going, TD has been playing better. TP may need to sit some games soon. Not sure what's up with DG and lets hope Splitter gets healthy. The guy was very durable last regular season playing 81/82 games

HarlemHeat37
12-07-2013, 11:40 PM
The Spurs record is actually really impressive considering the offensive struggles of Duncan, Kawhi and Green, 3 of the 5 most important players on the team, tbh..

This team is pretty easy to defend with the starting lineup struggling to this extent..

rascal
12-07-2013, 11:44 PM
The Spurs record is actually really impressive considering the offensive struggles of Duncan, Kawhi and Green, 3 of the 5 most important players on the team, tbh..

Spurs have had a cupcake schedule to make their record fat. Now they are playing better teams the last few games and not looking so good.

bklynspursfan
12-07-2013, 11:45 PM

This team is pretty easy to defend with the starting lineup struggling to this extent..

Yup, that's just the point I was trying to emphasize for those who may be in panic/cliff jumping mode lol.

Capt Bringdown
12-07-2013, 11:46 PM
Fools gold record. Wake me up when they beat a good team.

RD2191
12-07-2013, 11:48 PM

Sean Cagney
12-07-2013, 11:53 PM

I will wait till the second half of the year or near the playoffs, if they are still dropping these games then it's time for concern.

TXstbobcat
12-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Spurs should be 17-4 after getting 2 road games against the raptors and the bucks on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Does anyone think that Pop might rest Tim, Tony, or Manu on the 2nd game of the back to back against the bucks on Wednesday night??

HarlemHeat37
12-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Spurs have had a cupcake schedule to make their record fat. Now they are playing better teams the last few games and not looking so good.

You said the Spurs weren't a contender last year, you repeated it all year, your opinion is irrelevant, tbh..

racm
12-08-2013, 12:21 AM
:lol can't even protect HC tbh

Budkin
12-08-2013, 12:23 AM

This. I'm still wondering how we have this record with the horrible play of some of those guys.

cd021
12-08-2013, 12:23 AM

We hammer bad teams and consistent;y beat good teams. Last season we were tied for 3rd in the league in winning percentage vs +.500

bklynspursfan
12-08-2013, 12:30 AM
Blazers just lost. Tied in the loss column with them now

Russo21
12-08-2013, 12:34 AM
Wake me up in April. This season has been a snooze-fest.

timtonymanu
12-08-2013, 12:39 AM
I don't take much into regular season losses anymore. All that matters is that the Spurs continue to get better and there's a lot of time for that to happen.

emanueldavidginobili
12-08-2013, 12:52 AM
The spurs are 15-4. That's all i got to say

Brunodf
12-08-2013, 12:53 AM
Spurs is not playing their full potential and Pop rotations are bad, i will take the 15-4 tbh

siraulo23
12-08-2013, 01:16 AM
yeah, pretty much what everyone has said in this thread, theyre very lucky to have a 15-4 record at this point

and yes they did get their ass beat against the pacers

look_at_g_shred
12-08-2013, 02:32 AM
Haha pussy
:lol can't even protect HC tbh

KaiRMD1
12-08-2013, 03:51 AM
Honestly, this loss wasn't that bad but man, Ayres, that's all I gotta say.

Hoops Czar
12-08-2013, 05:17 AM

Laughable post. Considering how watered down the league is, its not surprising they're 15-4. It's also not surprising they haven't beaten an elite team all season. Duncan shouldn't be important to this team on offense. He's 38 years old for crying out loud. Green is basically your prototypical run of the mill below average offensive player, who tries to do to much. His defense is the only thing that keeps him on the court and even that's overrated. Overall, he's one of the weaker SG's in the league..... no handles, terrible finisher, and overrated shooter. If he was on another team, he'd be lucky to see 10 minutes a game.

Giving credit where credit is due, the Spurs were beaten by the better team. This wasn't a fluke loss.

Baam
12-08-2013, 05:32 AM
This record is shit.

Tanking is at its peak this year, games against non contenders are worth absolutely nothing this season...

In 2012 Bynum grabbed 30 Rebounds over Blairs head making Pop go back to the drawing board... Regular season matters no matter what wannabe "true fans" want you to believe. This team is back to pretender status, Tim is older, TP is tired and older and there's no alpha to pick up the slack... Back to the drawing board, I see a trade looming at the horizon. Being a pretender during the two strongest drafts in years is the shittiest situation ever, you're fucked now and for the next 10 years...

spurraider21
12-08-2013, 05:49 AM
concerning that those 4 losses have come to Portland, Houston, Oklahoma City, and Indiana

i would actually prefer random shitty losses where the guys just "don't show up" against scrub teams like minnesota or phoneix

dorrrr
12-08-2013, 08:44 AM
We can go 60-22 but if all 22 losses are to Pacers, OKC, Miami, Houston and Portland then we're basically aiming for a west semi-finals cuz that's as far as we can get.

Danny's gotta go. He's just awful. I just can't put up with the fact that our worst player is a starter.
I'm sorry, did I say worst? I was just hoping that by now we got rid of fking Ayres. At least Danny did something good at some point of his career.
Also I agree that it just feels like Pop is not leading the team in the best direction right now.

Juggity
12-08-2013, 10:29 AM
How many times does it have to be said on this forum for people to understand that Green is the streakiest player in the league?

5 games hot, 5 games cold. Like clockwork.

You take the bad games because when Green is hitting threes, the spurs are damn near unstoppable.

TDfan2007
12-08-2013, 11:16 AM
How many times does it have to be said on this forum for people to understand that Green is the streakiest player in the league?

You take the bad games because when Green is hitting threes, the spurs are damn near unstoppable.

Do you not see how that'll be a problem come playoff time?

RD2191
12-08-2013, 11:29 AM

RD2191
12-08-2013, 11:31 AM
A player as streaky as green should not be a starter on a team with title hopes. Start Marco, tbh.

Johnny RIngo
12-08-2013, 11:46 AM
The record isn't a concern right now. The fact that they're still tied for top of the Western Conference with the majority of the starting lineup playing shitty bball is a good sign. I'm more concerned about TP gassing out late in the season or having a fatigue related injury. He looks tired compared to last season. International basketball claiming another one one of our players.

12-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Spurs need more help. It's no secret. Duncan is old and declining fast. I think many people are still in denial about that. Hell, there's still Spurs fans in denial about Ginobili. But there's no shame... Duncan's been dominant for so long and everyone's time eventually comes. But that leaves the Spurs a hole at the second option. I think people expected Parker to be the first option, Duncan the second, and Leonard, the third. But Leonard spent the offseason healing up instead of developing his offensive abilities so even the third option is questionable. Right now, it's more like the bench and "the others" that fill in the void after Parker:

1. Parker
2. ???
3. ???
4. the bench

The Spurs can't rely on the big 3 anymore. There is no big 3, just Parker. And when Parker is shut down, the entire Spurs offense just dies until both team's benches enter the game. Either Belinelli or Leonard develop into all star players or the Spurs will need to find a borderline all star player fast.

Juggity
12-08-2013, 03:55 PM

Do you not remember Danny green setting a finals record for 3s?

It's not a problem. It's just the way he is. He finds his stroke inevitably.

Raven
12-08-2013, 06:22 PM

you can't even say if he is hot or not since he isn't playing enough minutes.

TDfan2007
12-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Do you not remember Danny green setting a finals record for 3s?

It's not a problem. It's just the way he is. He finds his stroke inevitably.

Do you not remember Green finishing the series 1-12 while bricking momentum-killing shot after momentum-killing shot...?

Live by the Green...

Juggity
12-08-2013, 08:27 PM
Do you not remember Green finishing the series 1-12 while bricking momentum-killing shot after momentum-killing shot...?

Live by the Green...

Green isn't the reason we lost the series. He's the reason we didn't lose in 5.

Skull-1
12-08-2013, 09:00 PM
The record isn't a concern right now. The fact that they're still tied for top of the Western Conference with the majority of the starting lineup playing shitty bball is a good sign. I'm more concerned about TP gassing out late in the season or having a fatigue related injury. He looks tired compared to last season. International basketball claiming another one one of our players.

TDfan2007
12-08-2013, 10:01 PM
Green isn't the reason we lost the series. He's the reason we didn't lose in 5.

No, he's not why we lost, but inconsistent players can't be relied upon much come playoff time. Green needs to improve his consistency, and his piss poor ball handling can improve with practice. Dude is making 3 mill a year, so expecting him to work on his ball handling and consistency a bit isn't asking too much imo...

superbigtime
12-09-2013, 09:50 PM
I just don't understand why the Spurs have not been able to secure a decent back up point guard year after year after year. I really admire Tony's endurance but he needs reliable help. I like Mills, but when it's not like he can be counted on night in and night out. Hopefully Belinelli will be used regularly. He needs to average 25ppg. Especially considering he is better defensively than most people thought, and how crappy Green has been playing.

McGusto55
12-09-2013, 10:02 PM

DesignatedT
12-09-2013, 10:17 PM
If Manu continues to play well and Belinelli keeps improving the Spurs won't have to rely as much on Green come playoff time. Manu really hurt them and Neal is nowhere near the player as Marco.

simba80328
12-10-2013, 12:46 AM
I'm not too concerned with the statement that "we haven't beaten anyone". Although I don't usually agree with the excuse of coasting, I truly feel like we are sort of coasting right now. Watching the games, it feels more like a scrimmage than a real game, and i'm 100% sure we will pick up the intensity as the season goes on and as the games become more important.

Kidd K
12-10-2013, 01:46 AM

It wouldn't be better if we were 10-9 right now but had 3 wins over good teams instead. In that scenerio, those wins would be the "fool's gold".

They have to start playing better against good teams yeah, but I'll gladly take this kind of record when they're supposedly "not playing well" or "not proving themselves". Spurs don't have to beat the elites until the playoffs, so it doesn't really matter if they drop some games to them now. I wouldn't be concerned unless we are getting blown out by them late in the season when not resting guys.

SanDiegoSpursFan
12-10-2013, 03:43 AM
The Spurs' SRS is the best in the league, not worried.

look_at_g_shred
12-10-2013, 10:41 AM
After the All-Star break is when Tony and the squad steps up.

Stabula
12-11-2013, 01:57 AM
I get how people are thinking it's a good sign that the Spurs are playing poorly and still winning but what if they're not actually "playing poorly" at least not temporarily. It's possible the Spurs don't have another gear they can go to that will net them a full ride to the Finals again.

spurraider21
12-11-2013, 02:10 AM
I get how people are thinking it's a good sign that the Spurs are playing poorly and still winning but what if they're not actually "playing poorly" at least not temporarily. It's possible the Spurs don't have another gear they can go to that will net them a full ride to the Finals again.
its a good sign because we clearly aren't at our best and have a tons of room for improvement. that said, its nice to have a damn good record in a time where we are having our struggles. the team usually picks it up later in the season, particularly after the RRT.

Sean Cagney
12-11-2013, 02:39 AM
After the All-Star break is when Tony and the squad steps up.

You and me know this, some are panicking in December..........

look_at_g_shred
12-11-2013, 03:50 PM
You and me know this, some are panicking in December..........
Word!