PDA

View Full Version : Something to prove...

coachmac87
12-08-2013, 07:51 PM
It's as simple as that...

What do the Spurs have left to prove? Especially this early in the season?? Unlike other teams as Indy, OKC, Por, GSW...Spurs don't need to show themselves and establish confidence within. Heat and Spurs are similar stay healthy come playoff time and turn the switch...

Spurs are extremely difficult to beat 4 of 7 when healthy..period. Health will be and should be only concern.

And we're an "old" 15-4...geez

RD2191
12-08-2013, 07:58 PM
I was actually thinking about this last night. The Pacers also remind me alot of the Spurs. They're a great team but yet scrub teams like the Bulls and Knicks/Nets get all the hype. I think the Pacers were just looking for some respect last night.

Marrow
12-08-2013, 08:53 PM
I've noticed that the teams we have lost to this season have had quite a let down in performance the following game. I'm not surprised that teams feel they have something to prove against the spurs...being consistently dominant for more than decade will get you that sort of respect.

A matchup with the Spurs is seen as a statement game/litmus test for every opponent. I know its a small sample size but...

following a win against the Spurs;

- Portalnd lost 116 - 111 to Houston
- OKC just won in OT 113 - 112 to GSW
- Houston lost 112 - 106 to Utah
- and the Pacers are currently down 25 to OKC going into the 4th quarter

Take what you want from the above, but the Spurs are already established and they know exactly what they have. We will get everyone's best shot during the course of an 82 game season, we will win 50 games, we will be a top 3 seed come playoff time and we will be a hard team to knock out in a 7 game series...those are the facts for this season and we've just started.

I suggest we just enjoy the ride and take each game as a learning experience for the playoffs...because that's when the real season starts

EVAY
12-08-2013, 09:06 PM
I'm always a fan of the regular season, but I agree that opposing teams are going to get WAY UP for their games against us, and that doesn't mean much for the playoffs...IF we remain healthy. I was unable to see last night's game in real time, but it was hard not to notice how much we missed Tiago when he went out.

If we are healthy at the beginning of the playoffs, I think we will be fine. I also think that by the start of the playoffs Marco will have supplanted Danny at the SG role. If so, our bench won't be as good as it is now, but in the playoffs the first team gets a lot more playing time.

Sean Cagney
12-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Teams get up for the Spurs more it seems, they like to try and beat the best out there and a vet team like the Spurs (It is a stepping stone for respect). Spurs will come through when it matters IMO and battle.

exstatic
12-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Teams get up for the Spurs more it seems, they like to try and beat the best out there and a vet team like the Spurs (It is a stepping stone for respect). Spurs will come through when it matters IMO and battle.

Hopefully, Indy has better fans than the Spurs do, and they're not throwing the ropes over the shower rod after getting BUTT FUCKED by OKC tonight.

pgardn
12-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Our regular season is largely meaningless.

Stay healthy, experiment with different combinations of players, see if some surprises arise in contributions.
We played really poorly defensively and it will happen again. We missed a ton of shots and it will happen again.
Mehhh...

coachmac87
12-08-2013, 09:57 PM
Good defense comes with high intensity and focus..something that is hard to get consistently in the regular season. Spurs have shown flashes on both sides of the ball which is always a good sign

Sean Cagney
12-08-2013, 10:05 PM
Hopefully, Indy has better fans than the Spurs do, and they're not throwing the ropes over the shower rod after getting BUTT FUCKED by OKC tonight.

I doubt they are, they were due for a loss like that. It happens.

wildchild
12-09-2013, 12:55 AM
I think the Pacers were just looking for some respect last night.

I thought the same thing. For some reason their starters were playing late in the fourth quarter with +20 and b2b tonight.

racm
12-09-2013, 05:40 AM
Spurs are like Miami where the team just coasts for the most part and every team plays 110% against them

Of course, SA doesn't have LeBron to bail them out

benfti
12-09-2013, 05:58 AM
we are still tweaking i think.

The second unit is the ducks nuts.
Just wait for everyone in the first to start clicking.

justinandimcool
12-09-2013, 06:03 AM
Team has nothing to prove, we're gonna win 55+ games because most of the coaches we play against are retarded.

Individually, plenty to prove. Manu and Tim have visibly shown a desire to stay above TOSB status. Kawhi trying to prove all the pundits right about hyping him. Splitter trying to prove he's worthy of the contract. Green and Mills trying to prove they belong. Diaw working to prove his aggressiveness can help the team.

Obviously the most important is Manu/Tim/Kawhi. If they can't find that extra gear by April the Spurs are in trouble tbh.