PDA

View Full Version : If the 4 Team Playoff Started This Year...

symple19
12-09-2013, 02:23 AM
Who would the other two teams be? (Besides AU and FSU)

ColinB
12-09-2013, 02:28 AM
I'd give it to Alabama and Michigan State.

Vito Corleone
12-09-2013, 04:15 AM
I'd take Bama and Stanford. No team in the B1G deserves a shot this year.

Blake
12-09-2013, 09:38 AM
I'd say you have to be a conference winner to get in.

Fla St
Auburn
Baylor
Michigan St

But I think with 5 power conferences, 4 playoff spots is stupid.

lebomb
12-09-2013, 09:42 AM
FSU
Auburn
Alabama
Michigan St ...... or Utsa :drunk

Kermit
12-09-2013, 09:43 AM

Fla St
Auburn
Baylor
Michigan St

But then how would we protect the integrity of the regular season?

/too many games
//student athletes
///fans won't travel
////sanctity of the bowls

Blake
12-09-2013, 10:10 AM

/too many games
//student athletes
///fans won't travel

:cry how will they do class work :cry

Pelicans78
12-09-2013, 11:35 AM
I would give it to:

1. Florida St.
2. Auburn
3. Alabama
4. Stanford

I'd give Stanford the nod over Michigan State and Baylor simply because they won a much tougher conference and had a tougher schedule overall compared to both teams. PAC-12 was on par with the SEC this season and both of those leagues were much better compared to the ACC, Big 12 and Big 10.

Pelicans78
12-09-2013, 11:37 AM

/too many games
//student athletes
///fans won't travel

Fans won't travel for an 8 team playoff and not sure if they will travel for a 4 team playoff. Alot of expenses to cover. If they do an 8 team playoff, the first round is going to have to be a home game for the higher seeds.

Pelicans78
12-09-2013, 11:38 AM

Fla St
Auburn
Baylor
Michigan St

But not all power conferences are equal on a given season. Usually 1-2 separate from the rest of the pack like this season with the SEC and PAC-12 being on top. 4 teams is enough.

Kermit
12-09-2013, 12:12 PM
Fans won't travel for an 8 team playoff and not sure if they will travel for a 4 team playoff. Alot of expenses to cover. If they do an 8 team playoff, the first round is going to have to be a home game for the higher seeds.

Lol. I don't believe that shit for a second. I know my school will travel. So will a shitton of schools in the SEC. There are also alumni spread all over the country. The only reason I can guess why those in charge believe a fanbase won't travel is because the Chick Fil A bowl didn't sell out. Fans won't travel for shitty bowls, or BCS bowls with no ramifications. Fans will travel for a "playoff". Not exactly sure where this idea that fans won't travel got started.

Fabbs
12-09-2013, 12:20 PM
FSU
Auburn
Choking/Throwing Game Tide
Michigan State

Bill_Brasky
12-09-2013, 01:31 PM

yeah that's bullshit. fans will travel if their team is playing in a game with basically the title on the line. i know i would.

The Reckoning
12-09-2013, 01:37 PM
fans are fans. if their team is playing well, they'll travel to see them.

Clipper Nation
12-09-2013, 01:40 PM
Stanford and Michigan State, tbh..... fuck Bama, they don't deserve any more second chances...

DesignatedT
12-09-2013, 01:41 PM
Agree with FSU - Auburn - Bama - Mich St.

symple19
12-09-2013, 06:58 PM

Completely disagree. Maybe mid majors won't travel, but a vast majority of the big schools would sell out, easy.

symple19
12-09-2013, 07:05 PM
Bama and Stanford should be the other two, imho

However, that's why it should be 6 teams. Baylor and Mich St. are in if that was the case

Seeds:

1.FSU (bye)
2. Auburn (bye)

6.Baylor vs 3.Bama
5.Sparty vs 4.Stanford

If it was 8 teams, who would be the other two? I feel pretty good that 6 teams will absolutely ensure that the best teams get a chance. It would also give a legitimate shot to teams that finish HOT (like Sparty) or those that stumble but otherwise have a great resume' (Stanford). 8 would just muddy the water too much

Stanford and Auburn have the most quality wins, which is why I would put the Tree in over Sparty and Baylor

Pelicans78
12-09-2013, 07:15 PM
Completely disagree. Maybe mid majors won't travel, but a vast majority of the big schools would sell out, easy.

You may be right, but with the travel expenses, ticket prices, etc., traveling for 3 games is really really expensive. Attendance is down overall in all sports, the NCAA tournament in basketball has terrible attendance until the Final Four.

I think if they do an 8 team playoff, the first round will have to be at the higher seed's stadium. Plus the NCAA would make more money that way because games would definitely be sold out.

If three neutral site rounds would be so successful, the NFL would do it.

Holden_Caulfield
12-09-2013, 07:32 PM
there should be a 16 team playoff with each conference winner gettting an automatic slot, seems more fair for the rest of college football but its a little too many teams :cry

anyways the spartans and alabam should get the bid in my book, tbh.

DesignatedT
12-09-2013, 07:39 PM
there should be a 16 team playoff with each conference winner gettting an automatic slot, seems more fair for the rest of college football but its a little too many teams :cry

anyways the spartans and alabam should get the bid in my book, tbh.

Are you a Jags fan? If so, you seriously want them to take Bridgewater?

Holden_Caulfield
12-09-2013, 07:45 PM
Are you a Jags fan? If so, you seriously want them to take Bridgewater?
yeah but nah i want derek carr, i lost a sig bet with a texans fan :lol

DesignatedT
12-09-2013, 08:07 PM
yeah but nah i want derek carr, i lost a sig bet with a texans fan :lol

Haha oh ok.

Blake
12-10-2013, 02:14 AM
Bama and Stanford should be the other two, imho

However, that's why it should be 6 teams. Baylor and Mich St. are in if that was the case

Seeds:

1.FSU (bye)
2. Auburn (bye)

6.Baylor vs 3.Bama
5.Sparty vs 4.Stanford

If it was 8 teams, who would be the other two? I feel pretty good that 6 teams will absolutely ensure that the best teams get a chance. It would also give a legitimate shot to teams that finish HOT (like Sparty) or those that stumble but otherwise have a great resume' (Stanford). 8 would just muddy the water too much

Stanford and Auburn have the most quality wins, which is why I would put the Tree in over Sparty and Baylor

if it were 8, OU and Ohio st would be the other two, imo, although I would have liked OkieSt had they not choked

Could even let an at large in