PDA

View Full Version : Scola update

tempest186
07-29-2005, 09:53 AM
It seems he has resigned himself to playing for Tau next season.

http://www.marca.com/edicion/noticia/0,2458,658716,00.html

tempest186
07-29-2005, 09:55 AM
Google translation

The representative of Scola assures that he will follow in the TAU the Argentineans Luis Scola, player of the Ceramic TAU, and Walter Herrmann, of the Unicaja of Malaga, will follow one more season playing in Liga ACB, according to explained their representative, Carlos Raffaelli. Raffaelli assured that both players will not move of their present clubs: "Luis has communitarian passport and is very difficult that TAU finds a substitute. I believe that it will follow where this ' ", explained talking about to Scola, that could be attemped by the NBA. With respect to Herrmann, the representative of the Argentineans also commented that he sees difficult that leaves the vitoriano set: "he said that to Walter not wants it trainer - Sergio Scariolo -, that they looked for to transfer it, but is a contract of by means that Herrmann thinks to fulfill", it indicated Raffaelli.

GoSpurs21
07-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Spurs screwed himagain the idiot show off his skills
go root for another team if you truly believe that the Spurs screwed him, I'm sure no one will miss your support

ducks
07-29-2005, 10:30 AM
yeah 4 million a year must suck for a nba rookie contract

smeagol
07-29-2005, 01:30 PM
yeah 4 million a year must suck for a nba rookie contract
Huh?

nkdlunch
07-29-2005, 01:33 PM
again the idiot show off his skills

Do you have to start every damn post with that sentence??? insulting 1/2 of the board? find some new material boy

T Park
07-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Spurs screwed him

Go the fuck away.

He screwed himself, get it through your head.

batman2883
07-29-2005, 02:12 PM
Scola will rock when he gets into the league hopefully we get him next year for sure thats all i have to say on the topic.

ducks
07-29-2005, 02:13 PM
rock women or the nba?

vanvannen
07-29-2005, 02:59 PM
Go the fuck away.

He screwed himself, get it through your head.

"Go the fuck away"??? What happened to your "not posting for an entire year" crap???

Spurs screw this guy by holding his rights and not allowing him to play in the NBA for the Spurs or any other team. It has nothing to do with being a true Spurs or a bandwagon fan.

Spurs screw this guy and there is no way to look at it differently. Everyone should read what REALLY happened with Scola before posting stupid nonesense.

ducks
07-29-2005, 03:01 PM
spurs have tried to trade him but his big contract is the problem NOT THE SPURS FAULT

Kori Ellis
07-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Spurs screw this guy by holding his rights and not allowing him to play in the NBA for the Spurs or any other team. It has nothing to do with being a true Spurs or a bandwagon fan.

Spurs screw this guy and there is no way to look at it differently. Everyone should read what REALLY happened with Scola before posting stupid nonesense.

How did the Spurs screw him? He has a huge buyout ... that's between him and Tau. What did you want the Spurs to do?

timvp
07-29-2005, 03:12 PM
You'd have to be smoking something good to think that an NBA team is going to throw four million dollars a year in a multi-year deal at Scola, wait for it to go to arbitration and then find out in September or October if he's going to be able to play in the NBA anytime in the next couple seasons.

ducks
07-29-2005, 03:13 PM
also rumors are the spurs tried to trade him NO NBA TEAM MUST NOT WANT HIM RIGHT NOW WITH THAT CONTRACT
BUT THE SPURS ARE SCREWING HIM?

MAYBE YOU SHOULD SAY THE WHOLE NBA IS NOT JUST THE SPURS!

Marcus Bryant
07-29-2005, 04:06 PM
I think this is a blessing in disguise for the Spurs. They were able to bring Oberto in now for a lower price. Assuming the Spurs move one of their centers within the next year, Oberto fills a more urgent need than Scola. In a year or two when Scola gets out of his contract with Tau the Spurs will have another solid player to add to the team or they will have a valuable tradeable asset, in addition to Oberto.

ducks
07-29-2005, 04:07 PM
the question will be will scola be worth 4 million next year?
the answer to me is no half the mle at the most

what will spurs think of spurs trade scola next year?

vanvannen
07-29-2005, 04:25 PM
What I'm saying is the Spurs knew about Scola's contract when they drafted him 3 years ago. Now he is stuck with the Spurs and can't get out of this deal. They've been fooling around with him for 3 years, promising he would be "priority #1" in the summer and he is still rotting in Spain.
Think what you want, think he is a whiner, I don't care. But tell me what he's done to get himself in that situation other than signing a contract when he was 21 and showing up for the draft where a team got his rights but didn't use them for 3 years.

Kori Ellis
07-29-2005, 04:30 PM
What I'm saying is the Spurs knew about Scola's contract when they drafted him 3 years ago. Now he is stuck with the Spurs and can't get out of this deal. They've been fooling around with him for 3 years, promising he would be "priority #1" in the summer and he is still rotting in Spain.
Think what you want, think he is a whiner, I don't care. But tell me what he's done to get himself in that situation other than signing a contract when he was 21 and showing up for the draft where a team got his rights but didn't use them for 3 years.

He signed his contract when he was 17, BTW. But it's his responsibility to negotiate the buyout. I'm not sure what you think the Spurs should have done. Are you saying that he shouldn't have been drafted? Because the Spurs have been trying to get him to work out his buyout with Tau for 3 years, and if he thought that the Spurs were going to give him a $20M+ contract to just pay it outright then that's on him.

vanvannen
07-29-2005, 04:36 PM
I don't think that was his original plan. I'm sure nobody wants to come play in the NBA more than he does and I don't see him as dumb as to think the Spurs would pay that huge buyout. He probably thought he would be picked in the first round (so the buyout would be considerably smaller), otherwise he would have folded.

My bad anyway. I obviously don't know shit about it. I didn't even got his signing contract age right...

samikeyp
07-29-2005, 04:58 PM
He screwed himself at least for this season. He needs to prove himself in the NBA and while doing so, be paid accordingly.