PDA

View Full Version : Kanye West the next Nelson Mandela?

CosmicCowboy
12-09-2013, 09:58 AM
http://www.codewit.com/north-america/14593-kanye-west-i-am-the-next-nelson-mandela

In an interview with WGCI radio in Chicago, the notoriously self-promoting rapper said that yesterday's death of the 95-year-old South African leader will finally allow people to focus more of their attention on West's own accomplishments.

In the studio to promote his new music video Bound 2, the conversation soon turned to the day's biggest news out of South Africa. West was asked who he thought on the world stage today could possibly replace Nelson Mandela in terms of leadership, and his unconventional answer left heads spinning.

"I am the next Nelson Mandela," West responded. "I'm only 36 years old, and when I look at everything I've accomplished, it's the only comparison that makes any sense. By the time I'm 95, I'm going to be a bigger hero than he ever was.

"Nelson Mandela did a lot of good work, don't get me wrong. But I think I'm on track to do something even bigger. I liberate minds with my music. That's more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever.

"Not to say Mandela wasn't for real. I have mad respect. I just think we need to keep things in perspective here. Anyone can be replaced. And I think I'm well on my way towards being the next great black leader. I'm already worshiped around the world. And there's more to come."

:lmao

I. Hustle
12-09-2013, 09:59 AM
What's wrong with that? I tend to agree with him.

gnsf0946
12-09-2013, 10:02 AM
It's fake

Trill Clinton
12-09-2013, 10:20 AM
you know that site is satire, right?

m>s
12-09-2013, 10:37 AM
Sounds real to me. That monkey ought to be euthanized.

CosmicCowboy
12-09-2013, 11:09 AM
It's fake

OK...link was a legitimate site that erroneously picked it up from a satire site.

TDMVPDPOY
12-09-2013, 11:41 AM
i dont think mandela ever walked into a pole...fail west fail

Katherine Robinson
12-09-2013, 11:44 AM

I agree, Kanye has a negative impact on society and should be forced to cuddle with a Zyklon B pellet.

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-09-2013, 11:48 AM
I still remember that fiasco at the 2002 Nobel Prize ceremony. "I'm happy for you Jimmy and Ima let you finish, but the Dalai Lama is the most peaceful man of all time. OF ALL TIME!"

Buddy Mignon
12-09-2013, 02:16 PM

Why... because he's fucking mad white ho's?

pawe
12-09-2013, 05:44 PM
lol sack of monkey spunk

http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1542402

Thank the heavens Kanye West has "Yeezus" on his side.

During a radio interview with SaturdayNightOnline.com, the rapper compared his daring stage maneuvers to the dangers facing a cop or a soldier at war.

"I'm just giving of my body on the stage and putting my life at risk, literally," West said to host Garrett, referring to his tour performances of songs like "Can't Tell Me Nothing" and "Coldest Winter," during which he stands on top of a moving mountain.

"That mountain goes really, really high," he continued. "And if I slipped … You never know. And I think about it. I think about my family and I'm like ‘Wow, this is like being a police officer or something, in war or something.’"

Leetonidas
12-09-2013, 05:53 PM
^^ :lmao :lmao :lmao

The Gemini Method
12-09-2013, 06:12 PM
wow :lol

InRareForm
12-09-2013, 06:14 PM
it's fake but sounds like something he would say.

Rogue
12-09-2013, 10:21 PM
next nelson mandela? dude also needs to spend half a century in prison to be the next mandela tbh.

Reck
12-09-2013, 10:48 PM
Outside of his autotune garbage he makes good shit but this guy is borderding on delusional.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if he snaps and kills his immediate family.