PDA

View Full Version : SI: Kareem calls Pop "Sportsman of the Year"

BillMc
12-09-2013, 03:55 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/sportsman/news/20131209/kareem-abdul-jabbar-sportsman-gregg-popovich/

A little love from one old grumpy wine drinker to another old grumpy wine drinker.

Might have been valid if we'd won, but I can't see Pop getting it.

It's also funny how Kareem has to always drop in a mention of his own success (indeed it is half the article) when praising someone else.

Baam
12-09-2013, 04:07 PM
Sounds like a bad joke tbh... Duncan gets told to sit the fuck down in game 6 and the credit still goes to Popo first and foremost, that's fucked up. Isn't it the sportsmanship award for hugging LeBron so much...

The true Spurs heroes are the players, Pop without Duncan <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Duncan without Pop...

Blue Duck
12-09-2013, 11:00 PM
It was a nice read. Pop really does get the best out of his players and he doesn't get caught up in all of the trash talk stuff like some more brash and arrogant coaches i can think of. Additionally, players here tend to stay very low key and conduct themselves as model citizens, another testament to his influence. About Duncan being told to take a seat, i understand why some people find this decision questionable, but truthfully, any player can box out, it's not exclusively the domain of the bigs.. had someone everyone just found the nearest man and put a body on him, this point would be moot. There were also some missed free throws and a few other regrettable moments leading to the meltdown. Fan to fan, i understand your frustration, but I'm still glad to have our stability and thankful for Pop, and no matter what an uberfani may profess to being, I'm quite positive that his basketball acumen is much greater than mine. Go spurs!

12-09-2013, 11:14 PM
Sounds like a bad joke tbh... Duncan gets told to sit the fuck down in game 6 and the credit still goes to Popo first and foremost, that's fucked up. Isn't it the sportsmanship award for hugging LeBron so much...

The true Spurs heroes are the players, Pop without Duncan <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Duncan without Pop...

well all great coaches had great players but Timmy wouldn't have been as successful with any other team except maybe the Lakers. All these consecutive 50 win seasons are truly amazing.

lefty
12-09-2013, 11:17 PM
Tim really made Pop look good imo

12-10-2013, 12:30 AM

well all great coaches had great players but Timmy wouldn't have been as successful with any other team except maybe the Lakers. All these consecutive 50 win seasons are truly amazing.

Edit: stupid phone reposted

Sean Cagney
12-10-2013, 04:00 AM
Tim really made Pop look good imo
Tim would make anyone look good! Pop is the man but Tim is the legend here.

james evans
12-10-2013, 05:44 AM
miami agrees. i'm sure they wanted to give him a ring too. he deserved it.

Spur|n|Austin
12-10-2013, 10:15 AM
miami agrees. i'm sure they wanted to give him a ring too. he deserved it.

Awesome, another one of your trolls to put on ignore.

james evans
12-10-2013, 08:24 PM
Awesome, another one of your trolls to put on ignore.
dude i don't give a fuk if you put me on ignore. i won't be sending you or anyone else any personal messages begging you to read what i type. u are NOT that important to me, but i'm obviously that important for u if u want me to know..

ChumpDumper
12-10-2013, 09:01 PM
dude i don't give a fuk if you put me on ignore. i won't be sending you or anyone else any personal messages begging you to read what i type. u are NOT that important to me, but i'm obviously that important for u if u want me to know..You wanted him to know all that.

DMC
12-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Wow, spending the 1st half of a praise article on yourself.

007nites
12-10-2013, 09:07 PM
Need to get Bonner a basket

DMC
12-10-2013, 09:30 PM
Wrong thread

BillMc
12-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Wow, spending the 1st half of a praise article on yourself.

Kareem always does that. He feels forgotten by history. Didn't he suggest HIS statue in L.A.?

james evans
12-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Kareem always does that. He feels forgotten by history. Didn't he suggest HIS statue in L.A.?
well history hasn't been kind to him. kareem's biggest problem is that he's black and he let everyone know it. michael jordan, who's black also, didn't let people know it. i'm not saying michael jordan is a sellout because i don't think he is, but he's no kareem when it comes to speaking out against the wrongdoings of white people and kareem is no michael at keeping quiet about it. if u do a comparison of their careers in their prime, how can anyone say they'd start a franchise with jordan over kareem? kareem was jerked out of the 1980 finals mvp. no way in hell can any one convince me magic deserved that award. and u can make a claim for him deserving it in 82 cuz noone had an all around stellar finals above everyone else on the team but they wanted magic as one of the faces of the league. the message here is, play sports, shut the fuk up and don't offend racist white folk and you'll be celebrated..