PDA

View Full Version : NBA: ***NBA MVP Race***

StrengthAndHonor
12-09-2013, 06:42 PM
Who's your pick? There's 3 realistic candidates. Durant, George and Lebron.

Durant is having a stellar season and OKC may claim the best record in the West or in the league. This season is KD's best chance to win the MVP.

Paul George is blowing up. His numbers across the boards have increased while efficiency soars. His numbers has the highest spike of the three. Indiana currently has the best record in the league.

Lebron is having a quiet season by his standards. His raw numbers have dropped but statistically speaking, this is Lebron's most efficient season to date (TS%).

spurraider21
12-09-2013, 06:43 PM
wouldn't be surprised if paul george got it, provided indiana finishes with the best record, which they will. they get the eastern conference crap scheduling, and they're trying harder than miami is. that said, lebron is the true mvp of the league until further notice

TXstbobcat
12-09-2013, 06:48 PM
I am going with George so far.

Juggity
12-09-2013, 07:01 PM
I suspect lebron turns on high gear toward the end of the season as per usual and silences any questions.

To this point, George is probably MVP but I don't think he stays on his current hot streak much longer. And make no mistake, it is a hot streak.

RsxPiimp
12-09-2013, 07:02 PM
Durant, George then Lebron. Lebron by default should be the winner. His shooting at a rocket high 69% TS, that's ridiculous. Of course, he's known to cherry pick his shots so that helps :lol

I'm not sure if the "Rose rule" will apply to George, maybe so but IMO given the fact that the voters fatigue will take effect and hurt Lebron's chances , Durant who has been playing at an MVP level for years might finally get it this year.

elmanutres
12-09-2013, 07:02 PM
i cannot imagine what thunderfan would say if george wins mvp

Holden_Caulfield
12-09-2013, 07:07 PM
Derrick Rose

baseline bum
12-09-2013, 07:15 PM
The media is all aboard the Paul George bandwagon, but of course LeBron deserves it as he has every year since 07-08.

resistanze
12-09-2013, 07:18 PM
The media is all aboard the Paul George bandwagon, but of course LeBron deserves it as he has every year since Nash's first MVP.

fify tbh

TDMVPDPOY
12-09-2013, 09:24 PM
imo paul george has got this locked, seems like his the second coming of tmac/kobe they are waiting for, a young exciting player to look out for...

as for durant, you cant win mvp if ur beta...to the frog prince

lebron is 3rd or distant 4th with the way his playing, coasting or whatever is just an excuse for his fail losses to hide behind

cp3 has no business being mention just like that other clown on the spurs

StrengthAndHonor
12-09-2013, 09:25 PM
Im picking George myself, he has everything going on for him right now.

Robz4000
12-09-2013, 09:33 PM
If the media is tired of giving it to Lebron and looks for an excuse not to: PG

Otherwise: Lebron

DMC
12-09-2013, 09:35 PM
James. It's not decided at the break, and James will carry his team through the season. If he doesn't get the MVP and his team still finishes in the top 3 in the league, it's the MJ effect where people are tired of selecting him.

DMC
12-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Durant, George then Lebron. Lebron by default should be the winner. His shooting at a rocket high 69% TS, that's ridiculous. Of course, he's known to cherry pick his shots so that helps :lol

I'm not sure if the "Rose rule" will apply to George, maybe so but IMO given the fact that the voters fatigue will take effect and hurt Lebron's chances , Durant who has been playing at an MVP level for years might finally get it this year.

Wow, so you're accusing Lebron of taking high percentage shots? Something you'll never be able to accuse Kobe of I suppose.

spurraider21
12-09-2013, 09:50 PM

if its so easy to put up high shooting %'s, why doesn't everybody do it?

Venti Quattro
12-09-2013, 09:53 PM
LeBron

:lol everyone else

RsxPiimp
12-09-2013, 09:55 PM
Wow, so you're accusing Lebron of taking high percentage shots? Something you'll never be able to accuse Kobe of I suppose.

Because Kobe is a Grade A chucker and Lebron isn't?

RsxPiimp
12-09-2013, 09:55 PM
if its so easy to put up high shooting %'s, why doesn't everybody do it?

I never said its easy, thanks for reaching Mr. Fantastic. :lol

RsxPiimp
12-09-2013, 09:56 PM
I'm picking Durant still. I like George but I'm not convinced he'll sustain his efficiency and production, I hope he does but I don't see it.

spurraider21
12-09-2013, 09:57 PM
I never said its easy, thanks for reaching Mr. Fantastic. :lol
you are trying to suggest that lebron's fg% is high just because he takes high % shots... and you made it seem like its a slight on his game that he has smart shot selection.

SpurSwag
12-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Right now (emphasis on right now) the MVP order goes:

1) George
2) Durant
3) Aldridge
4) Lebron
5) Paul

Obviously Aldridge won't be anywhere near that by the end of the season, but his hot start, the huge game against OKC to get him national attention, and Portland's great record put him high on the list.

This year is shaping up to be George's to lose, he has everything going for him

Venti Quattro
12-09-2013, 10:00 PM
I'm picking Durant still.

This is a Most Valuable Player award , not a Most Valuable Pussy.

RsxPiimp
12-09-2013, 10:01 PM
you are trying to suggest that lebron's fg% is high just because he takes high % shots... and you made it seem like its a slight on his game that he has smart shot selection.

It's not a slight, you have to be stupid to think that. I just said he should be the MVP by default and his TS% is ridiculous. :lol

Everyone concedes Lebron si the best in the game, there's no need to bait tbh.

DAF86
12-09-2013, 10:15 PM

It's sad what years of idolizing Kobe has made to Kobe fans. They call playing team ball and taking good shots "cherry picking shots".

StrengthAndHonor
12-09-2013, 10:53 PM
It's sad what years of idolizing Kobe has made to Kobe fans. They call playing team ball and taking good shots "cherry picking shots".

Please let's not turn this into another Kobe-Lebron thread :rolleyes SMH. Let's just stay on topic, there's a billion of troll threads out there you can bump.

DAF86
12-09-2013, 11:00 PM
Please let's not turn this into another Kobe-Lebron thread :rolleyes SMH. Let's just stay on topic, there's a billion of troll threads out there you can bump.

Very good recomendation. I will keep it in mind and analyze the situation to see which way to go.

HarlemHeat37
12-09-2013, 11:03 PM
It's still really early and the sample size is small, but all 3 of them have had performances that would rank around the top 5 in regular season history for perimeter players, tbh..

I love the new style of elite perimeter players, tbh..team-oriented, efficient players that pride themselves on playing both ends of the court..

Rogue
12-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Heat are coasting so I think it'd be unfair to other candidates if the league gave the MVP award to lebron again tbh. bron will win the finals MVP most likely, while the regular season MVP should go to someone who plays to his full strength (like Paul George) imho.

StrengthAndHonor
12-09-2013, 11:34 PM
It's still really early and the sample size is small, but all 3 of them have had performances that would rank around the top 5 in regular season history for perimeter players, tbh..

I love the new style of elite perimeter players, tbh..team-oriented, efficient players that pride themselves on playing both ends of the court..

That's true.

StrengthAndHonor
12-09-2013, 11:35 PM
I'm not sure if the "Rose rule" will apply to George

What rule is this btw?

Killakobe81
12-09-2013, 11:50 PM
LeBron

:lol everyone else

Venti you are right but award is bullshit Anyways ...media will find a reason to vote for Durant or George especially if their record is better ...

spurraider21
12-09-2013, 11:52 PM
there's no MVPau option :depressed

RsxPiimp
12-10-2013, 12:05 AM
Venti you are right but award is bullshit Anyways ...media will find a reason to vote for Durant or George especially if their record is better ...

But is it really stupid considering those players are in fact playing at such a high level and their respective team are benefiting from their unselfish play?