PDA

View Full Version : Work at Walmart or HEB

spursfan1000
12-09-2013, 10:22 PM
I know many of you have seen I work at concession stands at Alamodome and At&T center but im in need of a second job and these two are my job offers. Walmart is farther but offers more hours (7.80) HEB offers less hours but is down the street with (9$)

TDMVPDPOY
12-09-2013, 10:50 PM
I know many of you have seen I work at concession stands at Alamodome and At&T center but im in need of a second job and these two are my job offers. Walmart is farther but offers more hours (7.80) HEB offers less hours but is down the street with (9$)

have you count in transportation costs? if that HEB is walking distance and constant hrs....then that should be worth looking at...

The Reckoning
12-09-2013, 11:02 PM
HEB. have you seen the type of people who shop at walmart?

thunderup
12-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Finish school and get a real job, junior.

Creepn
12-09-2013, 11:04 PM
I second this.

DJR210
12-09-2013, 11:19 PM
At&t concessions to H-E-B or Walmart?

From super fucking shitty to just shit. You would be better off applying at one of the 8 million call centers in town, companies like Chase or Wells Fargo will hire you (assuming clean history and piss) for at least 12 dollars or more with experience. Stock shelves and carry groceries like a fool, or work inside, chill, dressed business casual with bitches everywhere. No brainer, tbh.

The Reckoning
12-09-2013, 11:35 PM
let the dude work at the venue of his choice. without young bloods like him we're stuck with shitty service.

DJR210
12-10-2013, 12:11 AM
let the dude work at the venue of his choice. without young bloods like him we're stuck with shitty service.

:lol did he say his age?

spursfan1000
12-10-2013, 01:27 AM
im 18, plan on joining the police academy in 2 years but need something until then

Rogue
12-10-2013, 01:50 AM
I think a real patriot should always avoid buying from Walmart or working for them at all cost, not to say Walmart are notorious for treating their employees like animals tbh.

TDMVPDPOY
12-10-2013, 01:57 AM
I think a real patriot should always avoid buying from Walmart or working for them at all cost, not to say Walmart are notorious for treating their employees like animals tbh.

this clowns family swetshop makes shit for walmart, u telling these rednecks and beaners not to shop at walmart that pays ur family?.....

Rogue
12-10-2013, 02:02 AM
True, 90% goods sold at walmart are imported from China... you making a point here nigga :toast

Rogue
12-10-2013, 02:05 AM
Walmart has been sabotaging the US economy since the Nixon administration imho, while earning the Walton family big bucks, that's why I said real patriots shouldn't feed their nation's enemy that walmart is tbh.

Suspect
12-10-2013, 03:08 AM
I've worked at both. H.E.B is a no brainer. Warehouse pays more, call centers dont pay as much as people think. Its actually about the same as a H.E.B stocker. You get raises faster at H.E.B (2 a year)

Aerotek Toyota factory is usually always hiring. They start at about $14 an hour.

exstatic
12-10-2013, 08:01 AM
im 18, plan on joining the police academy in 2 years but need something until then

So, after you graduate, are you going to ask people to NOT call 911 because you don't feel like working?

lebomb
12-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Either could possibly turn into a career........but I think HEB would be better. I know a guy that started out as a checker years ago, now he is a district manager making if not 6 figures, close to it.

bus driver
12-10-2013, 09:06 AM
where's the poll?

go for HEB.

Rogue
12-10-2013, 09:24 AM
The end of a job working at walmart is probably even more dead than Jerry Buss tbh, even worse than "Target" if you ask my nigga Jacob

JoeChalupa
12-10-2013, 10:24 AM
IMHO, there is nothing wrong with getting a job at either place. They are real jobs. Good luck at the Academy. To hell with those who think they are not.

CavsSuperFan
12-10-2013, 10:25 AM
1- Finish school get a 4 year degree in anything…Not that it will make you a more qualified applicant but some companies have so many applicants that they use a college degree to thin the herd.

2- If you are only 18 get in your car & drive to North Dakota & get an oil rig job…Non skilled workers can make bank in this oil boom.

3- Take the HEB job & wait for your shot at the local PD…Take the chance that you will pass the eye test & that they don’t find anything unusual with your chest X-Ray….10 years later get filmed trying to arrest a drunk, coked-up motorist. Get dragged into court & charged with assault for doing your best trying to protect the public.:toast

JoeChalupa
12-10-2013, 10:27 AM
I'd go with HEB though. Know several fiends providing for their families working at HEB. nothing wrong with that.

JoeChalupa
12-10-2013, 10:30 AM
College is great but u don't need a degree to be a hard worker and provide. A degree doesn't make you better than anyone else.

CubanMustGo
12-10-2013, 10:32 AM
Costco treats their emps royally (relatively speaking), much better pay and benefits than either Walfail or HEButt. Same is true for $tarbuck$, but in both cases you actually have to have a good attitude towards service and the customer.

Blake
12-10-2013, 10:46 AM
Lol no way op isn't trolling

Blake
12-10-2013, 10:49 AM
A degree doesn't make you better than anyone else.

Whoa take it easy. Nobody claimed to be better than anyone else yet.

Relevancy
12-10-2013, 10:57 AM
I agree with Joechalupa, unfortunately everything is driven by money and I guess its human nature to feel superior to other's because they have a better job than you

But if you like any job you get and you feel happy with yourself having that job, go for it:toast

symple19
12-10-2013, 10:58 AM

Great, another uneducated, mustachioed pig loose on the streets. Just what everyone needs.

If you want to play with guns, join the military for three years and get a free education. It will also satisfy your apparent desire to bully people, except you'll be bullying foreigners instead of shitting on the rights of Americans as a cop. Don't listen to morons like Joe who say a four year degree isn't necessary. It may not make you a better person, but it will make you smarter and better equipped to live a comfortable life

To answer your question, HEB. Anything is better than Wal-Mart

Blake
12-10-2013, 11:10 AM
I agree with Joechalupa

Smh sock puppets

DJR210
12-10-2013, 11:13 AM
So, after you graduate, are you going to ask people to NOT call 911 because you don't feel like working?

#winning

CavsSuperFan
12-10-2013, 11:14 AM
College is great but u don't need a degree to be a hard worker and provide. A degree doesn't make you better than anyone else.

I agree with you but in TODAY’S JOB MARKET there can be 200 applicants for 2 jobs. The ladies in HR do what they want to thin the herd…Hard working does not cut it if you don’t have other skills….

KoolAid Mans Brother
12-10-2013, 11:22 AM
HEB simply for the fact that if you are at a bar and a cute girl asks where you work, and you say Wal Mart, your chances just went down the toilet.

Blake
12-10-2013, 11:40 AM
HEB simply for the fact that if you are at a bar and a cute girl asks where you work, and you say Wal Mart, your chances just went down the toilet.

But then Jacob walks up, drops Target on the girl and you go home alone

DJR210
12-10-2013, 11:40 AM

He can always make up stories like your brother.

Spur|n|Austin
12-10-2013, 12:37 PM

Or work there.

Great, another uneducated, mustachioed pig loose on the streets. Just what everyone needs.

If you want to play with guns, join the military for three years and get a free education. It will also satisfy your apparent desire to bully people, except you'll be bullying foreigners instead of shitting on the rights of Americans as a cop. Don't listen to morons like Joe who say a four year degree isn't necessary. It may not make you a better person, but it will make you smarter and better equipped to live a comfortable life

To answer your question, HEB. Anything is better than Wal-Mart

:tu :tu

Suspect
12-10-2013, 01:09 PM
Costco treats their emps royally (relatively speaking), much better pay and benefits than either Walfail or HEButt. Same is true for $tarbuck$, but in both cases you actually have to have a good attitude towards service and the customer.
Starbucks does not pay a lot, who lied to you? It's a fun job though.

spursfan1000
12-12-2013, 07:03 PM
I chose HEB

cantthinkofanything
12-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Wal-Mart. You'll probably have a much better chance of goofing off and blaming it My on the retards that work there. Plus, there's a good chance you'll be smarter than your boss. From what I've seen, you could probably go to work stone drunk or high as a kite and no one would even notice. Not to mention the great stories you can post on Spurs Talk.

symple19
12-12-2013, 07:27 PM
I chose HEB

Good. Now, if we can just convince you not to become a cop...

DMC
12-12-2013, 07:38 PM

What does a rock go for these days?

baseline bum
12-12-2013, 09:49 PM

Truth man, it can upgrade a nigga to Target.

thunderup
12-12-2013, 09:53 PM
What does a rock go for these days?
As much as a well made teepee maybe. I wouldn't know.

Truth man, it can upgrade a nigga to Target.
:lol

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Becoming a cop these days requires a four year degree.

apalisoc_9
12-12-2013, 10:18 PM
OP, why don't you just work at a call center or something. At least no one will know you're working a shitty ass job, plus I'm sure you will get better money there. I worked at a call centere about three years ago and was making around 15hr after bonus. flexible schedule too...If a chick, ask what kind of job you do..you could always say, I work a desk job..I mean you do get calls at a desk anyway. It's probably better for your school too.

If you're in school it always has to be the job that pays the most with the least amount of hours (or a proper internship of course)....So either get a sales job at a call centere or work at a restaurant with tips.

baseline bum
12-12-2013, 10:48 PM

So that's what all those Phoenix's do with their $70,000 degree.

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-12-2013, 10:51 PM
So that's what all those Phoenix's do with their $70,000 degree.

More like what undergrads everywhere do with their major in "criminal justice" :lol

Rogue
12-12-2013, 11:31 PM
OP, why don't you just work at a call center or something. At least no one will know you're working a shitty ass job, plus I'm sure you will get better money there. I worked at a call centere about three years ago and was making around 15hr after bonus. flexible schedule too...If a chick, ask what kind of job you do..you could always say, I work a desk job..I mean you do get calls at a desk anyway. It's probably better for your school too.

If you're in school it always has to be the job that pays the most with the least amount of hours (or a proper internship of course)....So either get a sales job at a call centere or work at a restaurant with tips.

it depends imho. i also worked at a similar one n that job was boring as shit and it was also very exhausting. every work day was like a torture and the most u wanna do while working there is quit it, or to be more accurate, escape from it as soon as possible. Everyday I came back home with eyes and throat burning, and my back was crooked due to extensive sitting hours (about 7-8 straight hours a day, only half an our lunch break something). I was still lucky though cuz i didn't have no bitch or shit to shackle me, so i could quit that shit right away when i felt the time was right. just live a frugal life, concentrate on your school work and get your degree and then you'll start earning good money, that's my honest suggestion to yall young felllas.

PS: don't commit your life to a bitch at such an early age, for chrissake

apalisoc_9
12-12-2013, 11:39 PM
it depends imho. i also worked at a similar one n that job was boring as shit and it was also very exhausting. every work day was like a torture and the most u wanna do while working there is quit it, or to be more accurate, escape from it as soon as possible. Everyday I came back home with eyes and throat burning, and my back was crooked due to extensive sitting hours (about 7-8 straight hours a day, only half an our lunch break something). I was still lucky though cuz i didn't have no bitch or shit to shackle me, so i could quit that shit right away when i felt the time was right. just live a frugal life, concentrate on your school work and get your degree and then you'll start earning good money, that's my honest suggestion to yall young felllas.

PS: don't commit your life to a bitch at such an early age, for chrissake

Sounds like you've got enough funds to keep going without a part-time job. Unfortunattly for many of us op and I included, it's just not a luxury. There really is no choice tbh. Every dead-end job is going to exhausting and boring, it's part of learning how to cope with hardships. It's one of those things that you just need to suck it up. At least with a sales job, you're going to minimize the hours at work which should give you more time with school. you should only be doing it for a couple of years anyway, three years max because you should be doing some sort of internship or practicum by your third year.

TDMVPDPOY
12-13-2013, 12:12 AM
it depends if u have plans to move into management, there are some outlets where u can get upto on duty manager....

my friend operates his own franchise after working many years at one of these huge retail stores...his ask me to move interstate to work for him

symple19
12-13-2013, 12:21 AM

I highly doubt that

symple19
12-13-2013, 12:24 AM
I highly doubt that

:lol, I was right

:lmao Florida

Application and Hiring Process

Thank you for your interest in employment
opportunities with the Polk County Sheriff's Office.

This agency has employment opportunities in the
Sworn, Certified and Civilian Capacities.

Prior to hiring, the following requirements must be successfully met:

Must be 19 years of age or older (18 for Civilian Positions).
Obtain passing score on all sections of the Test of Adult Basic Education. Test may be waived for current Florida certified applicants and those with a four-year college degree, and civilians with at least 60 college credit hours
Have a good police record.
Possess a valid Florida Driver's License and have an acceptable driving record.
Be a United States Citizen. (Sworn and Certified Positions)
Not have tried, used or experimented with any type of illegal drugs within the past 2 years (24 months), nor any hard drugs within the past 5 years (60 months).
Oral Interview
Polygraph examination
Urinalysis examination
Background Investigation and reference checks
Physical examination and EKG for designated positions
Physical agility test (detention deputy and deputy sheriff applicants)
Psychological test (for appropriate positions)
Acceptable credit history
If a Veteran, possess an Honorable discharge or uncharacterized.
Successfully pass a keyboarding test, if typing or data entry work is required for the position for which you are applying.
Be able to perform the essential functions of the position for which you are applying.

Photocopies of the following items must be included with your application:

Social Security Card
Birth Certificate
High School Diploma, GED or College Transcripts
If a Veteran, copy of Form DD-214 stating "Honorable" Discharge (member 4 copy) or Uncharacterized.
Proof of registration as required by Federal Military Service Act (males aged 18-26)
Copy of Florida Department of Law Enforcement State Certificate and proof of passing State Certification Test (deputy sheriff applicants and detention deputy applicants)
Name change documents (marriage, adoption, etc.)
Any other applicable diplomas and/or certificates may be included
Three (3) completed personal references (forms provided)

symple19
12-13-2013, 12:28 AM
http://www.howtobecomeapoliceofficer.com/arizona/

What Are the POST Minimum Standards to Become a Cop in Arizona?

You must be at least 21 years of age by the time you finish academy training.
You must be a U.S. citizen.
You must have a high school diploma or proof of completion of a GED examination.
You must pass a background examination and submit fingerprint cards to state and federal organizations.
You must pass a medical examination that indicates your physical condition is sufficient to meet the needs of police work.
You must pass a polygraph examination.
You must pass written and practical tests regarding the fundamentals of police work.
You must agree to abide by a standardized code of ethics (stating that you will exercise self-restraint, be mindful of the welfare of others, not allow your personal feelings to influence your decisions, and to use your authority in a responsible manner).

TDMVPDPOY
12-13-2013, 12:29 AM

like most govt positions, its hard to get into, but once ur in u dont give 2 shits no more

just look at the police academy, its hard to pass the physical tests and shit if ur a fatty, but once ur in they dont care if you baloon out of shape...

symple19
12-13-2013, 12:29 AM
So no, you don't need a 4 year degree to become a pig :lmao

symple19
12-13-2013, 12:30 AM
Here's Texas

What Are the POST Minimum Standards to Become a Cop in Texas?

Graduating from college is a requirement for some departments in Texas, so earning a degree in criminal justice, psychology, or sociology will help you qualify for a job as a cop in any area of Texas. A degree will also distinguish you from others and gives you latitude to explore other areas of law enforcement outside of police work.
You must be at least 21 years of age, unless you have received an associate’s degree or 60 credit hours of study OR been honorably discharged from the U.S. Armed Forces with at least two years’ active service, in which case the minimum is 18.
You must possess a minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED).
You must be a citizen of the United States.
You must have a clean criminal record, which is defined as having never been convicted or given probation for a class B or higher misdemeanor or its equivalent; some agencies may waive this requirement for minor offenses, or ones which were committed a long time ago. You must also have never been convicted of ANY family violence offense, and must be legally able to operate a motor vehicle and handle firearms.
You must be fingerprinted and pass a criminal background check.
You must receive a medical examination and have the physician – who must be licensed by the Texas medical board – state that you are free from any physical defects that would interfere with police work, show no sign of drug dependency or illegal drug use, and have normal or correctable vision and hearing.
You must be examined by a psychologist who is licensed by the Texas board, who will certify that you have a stable personality and can be trusted with the responsibilities and powers of a law officer.

symple19
12-13-2013, 12:37 AM
like most govt positions, its hard to get into, but once ur in u dont give 2 shits no more

just look at the police academy, its hard to pass the physical tests and shit if ur a fatty, but once ur in they dont care if you baloon out of shape...

This was years ago and I don't know if it's still true, but New Orleans PD came to various locales in Alabama to recruit officers. So did Atlanta. Big cities with bad crime problems are probably looking for new meat fairly often.

Dunno, maybe it's not like that anymore now that the economy sucks

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-13-2013, 08:13 AM
I highly doubt that

At least in Arizona, there are so many criminal justice/pol sci/etc. majors who become cops that they're not gonna hire people with just a high school diploma.

apalisoc_9
12-13-2013, 03:54 PM

Man, I wish I lived in these states. I would become a cop and just study in my free time. In here, you'd actually have to finish some sort of criminal justice program in the university to even become a cop.