PDA

View Full Version : Saban to Texas nearly complete

BRHornet45
12-10-2013, 07:35 PM
http://i44.tinypic.com/av1qxl.jpg

Dean Blevins has been awarded two Emmy Awards for his journalism. He has won "Sportscaster of the Year" eight times.

symple19
12-10-2013, 07:48 PM
:lol

OU/OSU people on the Rivals mainboard are getting a good laugh out of this one

A taste (from an OU guy):

Anyone from Oklahoma can tell you Dean Blevins is an awful source, maybe Saban goes to UT but I promise you Blevins is talking out his ass. He has said Stoops is "80%" gone to both UF and Notre Dame on 2 separate occasions over the years.

besides, Djohn and others have already floated this same thing from OB sources... Old rumor, tbh

Michael Jordan.
12-10-2013, 07:53 PM

Damn this is fun

BRHornet45
12-10-2013, 08:02 PM
This deal was done weeks ago

BRHornet45
12-10-2013, 08:16 PM
More just now...

Stefan Stevenson ?@FollowtheFrogs 1m
Source close to Texas executive council of regents says Nick Saban will be next Longhorns coach.

DMX7
12-10-2013, 08:18 PM
The 1% of LHN sounds like B.S. to me. I don't know what to think about the 10 year, $100M -- that's pro money, not public school money (no matter how rich Texas is).

Sisk
12-10-2013, 08:19 PM
And Kirk Herbstreit has said there is 0% chance of this happening. I'll believe the guy who was sitting next to him the other day over some random twitter rumor. Can give you a tweet about him signing an extension for every one about him going to Texas.

Michael Jordan.
12-10-2013, 08:21 PM
And Kirk Herbstreit has said there is 0% chance of this happening. I'll believe the guy who was sitting next to him the other day over some random twitter rumor. Can give you a tweet about him signing an extension for every one about him going to Texas.
The same assclown who is a big 10 guy and screwed up the Les Miles to Michigan State story? Ok buddy.

Michael Jordan.
12-10-2013, 08:21 PM

Clipper Nation
12-10-2013, 08:26 PM
:lmao Aggy is so scurred, not letting a single post about Saban go by without whining that he's :cry "not going to Texas!!!" :cry

monosylab1k
12-10-2013, 08:27 PM
http://tracking.si.com/2013/12/10/alabama-nick-saban-contract-extension/

Multiple reports also say Nick Saban is set to extend his contract with Alabama :lol nobody knows nothin

Clipper Nation
12-10-2013, 08:28 PM

Multiple reports also say Nick Saban is set to extend his contract with Alabama :lol nobody knows nothin

It's reportedly been sitting on his desk unsigned for like a month now :lol

Michael Jordan.
12-10-2013, 08:29 PM

Yeah, smoke from the Alabama side. He had a long ass time to extend that contract and hasn't.

Phillip
12-10-2013, 08:35 PM
Yeah, smoke from the Alabama side. He had a long ass time to extend that contract and hasn't.

this. if he really wanted to stay, he would have re-upped back when these rumors were starting.

at the very least, he is fishing for a raise in pay, whether its with Texas or Alabama.

if he comes, awesome. if not, at least Mack is gone.

DMX7
12-10-2013, 08:36 PM

That's been out there forever. What's he waiting for?

Sisk
12-10-2013, 08:38 PM
That's been out there forever. What's he waiting for?

Maybe those reports were bullshit too?

monosylab1k
12-10-2013, 08:39 PM

he also didn't have anywhere near the leverage he has now. now that mack brown is out for sure, he can bend alabama over big time.

Michael Jordan.
12-10-2013, 08:54 PM
he also didn't have anywhere near the leverage he has now. now that mack brown is out for sure, he can bend alabama over big time.
Not for the amount he'll get from the oil and gas guys in Austin.

MookieCrew
12-10-2013, 08:58 PM
I don't what it is but ramonce taylor is about to implode 100000 chodes in tuscaloosa i saaaaiiiidddddddd

TFloss32
12-10-2013, 09:00 PM

A Bellmont/Mack guy like Burton even putting it out there that Saban is on the table is quite telling, imo.

symple19
12-10-2013, 09:10 PM
It's reportedly been sitting on his desk unsigned for like a month now :lol

It's been since Friday from what I've read

DMX7
12-10-2013, 09:14 PM
I don't what it is but ramonce taylor is about to implode 100000 chodes in tuscaloosa i saaaaiiiidddddddd

CANT BE FADED went off on you, son.

Kermit
12-10-2013, 09:16 PM
Jimmy Sexton is a goddamn genius.

Bill_Brasky
12-10-2013, 09:21 PM
The 1% of LHN sounds like B.S. to me. I don't know what to think about the 10 year, $100M -- that's pro money, not public school money (no matter how rich Texas is).

God damn. and people were sore about mack's contract......

Blake
12-10-2013, 09:25 PM
If Saban comes to Texas, does that suddenly make the big 12 the best conference

monosylab1k
12-10-2013, 09:27 PM
If Saban comes to Texas, does that suddenly make the big 12 the best conference

:lmao Aggy jumping to the SEC as it begins to decline.
:lmao Big 12 and Pac 12 about to be the dominant conferences

symple19
12-10-2013, 09:34 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24371668/texas-expected-to-dismiss-brown-sabantohorns-tweet-shot-down

Mack Brown is expected out as the head football coach at Texas (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/teams/page/TEXAS/texas-longhorns) by the end of the week, a source has confirmed to CBSSports.com's Bruce Feldman, but the university is currently dealing with a "very messy situation" surrounding the departure of the veteran coach.
The university and Brown are working out the details of his exit, but have not reached an agreement on the matter.
The source debunked a report circulating on Twitter Tuesday night, which said Alabama (http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/teams/page/BAMA/alabama-crimson-tide)'s Nick Saban would become the next Longhorns coach, per a source in the "Texas Executive Council of Regents." According to CBSSports.com's source, "Nothing is moving that fast."
When reached Tuesday night by CBSSports.com's Dennis Dodd, Alabama director of athletics director Bill Battle declined to comment on the Saban-to-Texas report.

BRHornet45
12-10-2013, 09:40 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24371668/texas-expected-to-dismiss-brown-sabantohorns-tweet-shot-down

When reached Tuesday night by CBSSports.com's Dennis Dodd, Alabama director of athletics director Bill Battle declined to comment on the Saban-to-Texas report.

this says it all.

DMX7
12-10-2013, 09:42 PM

this says it all.

Bingo! He may as well have said Saban is gone to Texas, and I have failed.

Michael Jordan.
12-10-2013, 09:43 PM
This same guy first reported about Terry Saban in Austin months ago. And that saban's agents had talked to texas

Nick Saban and what I'm hearing
View Small TextView Normal TextView Large TextView Extra Large TextPrinter-Friendly Article
By Jesus Shuttlesworth, Inside Texas Special Contributor
Posted Dec 10, 2013
Copyright © 2013 InsideTexas.com

News Image
Nick Saban (courtesy photo)
Knowing full well that any numbers I throw out will aid and abet the enemy, I will say the minimum. Again, full disclosure, I'm reporting a story that seems to be taking on a life of it's own but I feel it's important to post now so this website is credited for the work. To that end, I'll also be posting my real identity tomorrow and I will email all subsequent stories to the various media outlets including but not limited to ESPN, CBS Sports, etc.

Here's what I got.

In talking to various sources plugged into the Alabama and Texas sides, it seems Nick Saban is roughly $20 million in the hole due to investments with LSU and Alabama alums. These investments are predominantly in the commercial real estate space. For his trouble, Nick Saban is not a happy camper with these two alumni bases and has a hole in his retirement plan that Mark Ingram could run through. Additionally, I'm told Texas and the Longhorn Foundation have "passed the hat" to provide a dollar amount up front that nearly makes Nick Saban whole after these defunct investments. Call it the Lamarr Houston/Roy Miller investment strategy. The mechanism used to fund this "bonus" will be off the books in order to make the total compensation package more politically palatable when it's officially announced. Texas does not want to be perceived as the Yankees and again, I don't want to help negotiations with enemy.

As far as conventional compensation, look for the number to be right around eight million a year for six years with a two-year option. This structure makes it more acceptable to the BOR and the academics in the school. Don't tell them how much the athletic department contributes to the general fund because they won't listen. Just know that the football men understand how the perception game is played.

Trust me, I understand that there's always a counter offer in these deals, but I'm told that the Bama president does not want to get in a bidding war against Texas because she doesn't want it to seem like Bama is a semi-pro team. Again, this is the academic's mindset at work. She's, after all, Bill Powers' peer or at least is attempting to be. Add this item to the fact that Bama's Athletic Director Bill Battle has gotten sideways with Saban, and it doesn't bode well for the Tide. One final piece is Chancellor Witt.

Dr. Witt is the only ally that Saban has at the administrative level at Bama and he happens to be a Texas guy. Yes, Dr. Witt has a soft spot in his heart for Texas, and has told folks close to the Texas AD that he thinks Saban is headed to Austin.

If Saban is announced as the Texas head football coach in the next few days, fans will be in line to enjoy an historic change in culture and football operations in general.

Like you, I will enjoy the process.

In other words, I will look forward to Nick Saban's process.

Clipper Nation
12-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Translation:

http://crosstowntees.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/He-Gone_ZOOM.png

symple19
12-10-2013, 09:46 PM
lolololololololololol

BRHornet45
12-10-2013, 09:51 PM
IF reports are true about the $10M per year figure ... sons just imagine how many schools are sweating bullets right now for signing their coach to contracts that included clauses that would make them the highest paid coach in college football if they win a championship, etc. .... again if that $10M figure is true, this is going to fuck up the chances for all the smaller schools to get the best coaches even worse than it is now.

that amount of money is crazy. to put it into perspective .... the highest paid NFL coaches for 2013 are ...

1. Sean Payton - $8M
2. Bill Belichick - $7.5M
3. Pete Carroll - $7M

monosylab1k
12-10-2013, 09:54 PM

this says it all.

:lmao

why would he dignify it with a response? Anyways, if he denied the reports you'd all be here saying "that proves its going to happen! He's lying!"

monosylab1k
12-10-2013, 09:55 PM
Also, :lol "director of athletics director"

symple19
12-10-2013, 09:56 PM
wow... although the "insider" has now claimed an 8 million figure will be offered to Saban, as well as 20 million up front in order to make up for his bad investments.

Seems even more ridiculous after typing it out :lmao

symple19
12-10-2013, 09:57 PM

go read that shit that djohn just posted in the Mack thread :lmao

DMX7
12-10-2013, 10:00 PM

So the editors missed that. That just means they make up for it with great reporting.

Thompson
12-10-2013, 10:03 PM
It's going to be funny if Saban's just using this to renegotiate his Alabama deal - especially if he re-signs with Alabama for less than Texas offered. Because you're Texas.

Not saying he definitely won't go to Texas, but I still don't think it's likely. Whoever goes to Texas is probably going to struggle for a few years with Mack's leftovers.

DMX7
12-10-2013, 10:05 PM
It's going to be funny if Saban's just using this to renegotiate his Alabama deal - especially if he re-signs with Alabama for less than Texas offered. Because you're Texas.

Not saying he definitely won't go to Texas, but I still don't think it's likely. Whoever goes to Texas is probably going to struggle for a few years with Mack's leftovers.

lol, way to hedge your bet.

symple19
12-10-2013, 10:06 PM
go read that shit that djohn just posted in the Mack thread :lmao

lol @ me not knowing which thread i'm in

BRHornet45
12-10-2013, 10:07 PM

son real talk you seem quite interested (and a bit obsessed) in constantly claiming that Saban isn't going anywhere and bashing any post made by those who say otherwise. I'm curious though ... why do you even care considering your team is completely irrelevant? it's not like this decision would effect UTSA in any way.

symple19
12-10-2013, 10:12 PM
son real talk you seem quite interested (and a bit obsessed) in constantly claiming that Saban isn't going anywhere and bashing any post made by those who say otherwise. I'm curious though ... why do you even care considering your team is completely irrelevant? it's not like this decision would effect UTSA in any way.

Mono didn't go to UTSA :lol

he lost a sig bet

jimbo
12-10-2013, 10:13 PM

Lol at that Vine of Desmond Harrison on his pictures. Can't believe he was irrelevant all season.

DesignatedT
12-10-2013, 10:14 PM
Saban is too scared to recruit against Sumlin. He's staying put.

Blake
12-10-2013, 10:15 PM
Matthew Brownfield*@mbrownfield*At*#atx*airport. Over intercom, just heard Nick Saban paged to meet his car at curb side check in. Hmmm.

Lol

symple19
http://i.minus.com/ib1D9qkyHyfLRF.gif

Michael Jordan.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Michael Jordan.
12-10-2013, 10:16 PM
Anyone willing to make a bet?

Clipper Nation
12-10-2013, 10:17 PM
:lmao Aggy delusion

Thompson
12-10-2013, 10:17 PM
lol, way to hedge your bet.

I honestly don't know. Do you want to bet? If Saban becomes the next Texas coach, I won't post here for 2 months. If Saban doesn't become the next Texas coach, you won't post here for 2 months. No alternate user names either (personally, this is my only user name). Deal?

DesignatedT
12-10-2013, 10:18 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

:lmao Aggy delusion

Blake
12-10-2013, 10:19 PM
I honestly don't know. Do you want to bet? If Saban goes to Texas, I won't post here for 2 months. If Saban doesn't, you won't post here for 2 months. No alternate user names either (personally, this is my only user name). Deal?

you don't post for months at a time any way

DesignatedT
12-10-2013, 10:19 PM
I'd love to see Saban go to Texas and fail. :lol bringing his ground and pound philosophies to the bigfail

Blake
12-10-2013, 10:21 PM
I'd love to see Saban go to Texas and fail. :lol bringing his ground and pound philosophies to the bigfail

Of course you would. You're hornsessed

DesignatedT
12-10-2013, 10:21 PM
Of course you would. You're hornsessed

It's a win/win lose/lose for A&M. I have no preference.

leemajors
12-10-2013, 10:24 PM
:lol saban bets

Thompson
you don't post for months at a time any way

Yeah, some of us do things outside of mom's basement.

monosylab1k

I'd love to see Saban go to Texas tbh. Nothing would make me happier than to see Alabama get weak again. But every Saban-To-Texas link posted here has had such an incredible stink of bullshit attached to it that i have to call it out. If Saban goes to Texas it will happen in the future. I don't believe for one second a deal is done or that Saban has made his mind up. All this "done deal" talk is hilarious because there's no way he'd take a deal from Texas right now without seeing if Alabama will give him the same deal or better. He has all the leverage and power right now, and arguably the two most powerful football programs in the nation groveling at his feet. The bidding war has just begun.

Blake
12-10-2013, 10:26 PM
It's a win/win lose/lose for A&M. I have no preference.

Except that you just said you'd prefer Saban to go to Texas and fail.

Sean Cagney
12-10-2013, 10:28 PM

monosylab1k
12-10-2013, 10:31 PM

:lol aggy wants saban to leave so they actually have a chance to be competitive in the SEC

DesignatedT
12-10-2013, 10:32 PM

Id prefer more that he stay at Alabama and fail. Just see that as much more unlikely seeing that he's already built an empire there.

Blake
Yeah, some of us do things outside of mom's basement.

Yeah we've all heard about the aggy jizz jar

Clipper Nation
:lol aggy wants saban to leave so they actually have a chance to be competitive in the SEC
:lol They actually don't want Saban to go to Austin because they know he would steal their recruits and they wouldn't be able to pretend Texas isn't still daddeh, tbh....

Thompson
12-10-2013, 10:37 PM
Yeah we've all heard about the aggy jizz jar

I'm sorry to break it to you, but some texas fan started that myth. It's actually pretty creepy how many tech/texas fans dream about that; it's all they can talk about sometimes.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-10-2013, 10:38 PM
Lol aggy fan shitting their pants

DMX7
12-10-2013, 10:39 PM
Ahahahahahahah

Thompson
12-10-2013, 10:44 PM
Lol aggy fan shitting their pants

If Saban goes to texas, he's not at Alabama - that team we actually play every year. They might get a bump in recruiting, but he'd still have to deal with Mack's leftovers for a few years - there's no guarantee that he wouldn't start going down hill there either. I think most of us aren't worried either way (if that ridiculous $100 million rumor is true, it has the potential to become a huge debacle in a few years). It's just something interesting to pass the time.

BRHornet45
12-10-2013, 10:51 PM
if Saban doesn't go to Texas then maybe Miles can use them like he did Arkansas last year to get more money as well.

DMX7
12-10-2013, 11:20 PM
if Saban doesn't go to Texas then maybe Miles can use them like he did Arkansas last year to get more money as well.

Miles does not fit the Austin culture. He won't be considered.

Thompson
12-10-2013, 11:25 PM
Miles does not fit the Austin culture. He won't be considered.

If this Saban thing doesn't pan out and Mack somehow miraculously convinces them to give him one more year, they'll consider Miles's grandmother.

DMX7
12-10-2013, 11:37 PM
If this Saban thing doesn't pan out and Mack somehow miraculously convinces them to give him one more year, they'll consider Miles's grandmother.

huh?

Blake
12-10-2013, 11:41 PM

Lmaowut

Kermit
12-10-2013, 11:43 PM

The fuck?

Thompson
12-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Anyone but Mack Brown. 'Culture' is going to become less important than finding anyone who can escape the pit Mack's creating.

Hoops Czar
12-10-2013, 11:57 PM
These rumors are out of control. I have no idea why he would commit to Texas prior to the Bowl game. That's a great disservice to the fans, players and coaching staff alike. He'll leave the empire he created in Alabama to start all over in Texas. His contract with Texas would have to rival that of the top NFL coaches to get him to leave the SEC.

Vito Corleone
12-11-2013, 12:15 AM

Guess you haven't looked at what Texas has coming back, we are actually pretty stacked. All we need is a healthy QB to have a really good offense. Defense returns all but about 3 starters and lots of guys that were injured this year.

A great coaching staff and QB is all Texas needs to win 10 to 11 games next year.

BRHornet45
12-11-2013, 12:34 AM
These rumors are out of control. I have no idea why he would commit to Texas prior to the Bowl game. That's a great disservice to the fans, players and coaching staff alike. He'll leave the empire he created in Alabama to start all over in Texas. His contract with Texas would have to rival that of the top NFL coaches to get him to leave the SEC.

Son he's done it before. He announced he was going to the Dolphins on CHRISTMAS DAY before the Capital One Bowl lol.

Sisk
12-11-2013, 12:43 AM
A great coaching staff and QB is all Texas needs to win 10 to 11 games next year.

Who's the "Great QB" you could have next year?

Vito Corleone
12-11-2013, 12:59 AM

No idea. I will say this. Carson Palmer was a shitty QB before Pete Carroll took over, after he gets to SC, Palmer becomes a Heisman QB. Ash probably will be back next year, and if he matures some he could have a huge impact on the offense next year with the right coach.

So to answer your question, David Ash.

ThePop
12-11-2013, 01:05 AM
Shit, Ash would be putting up big numbers if Briles was coach. It helps when you have a system.

dirk4mvp
12-11-2013, 03:33 AM
:lmao Aggy jumping to the SEC as it begins to decline.
:lmao Big 12 and Pac 12 about to be the dominant conferences

Whottt about your hogs tbh?

Michael Jordan.
12-11-2013, 11:42 AM
CROFL, Bama fans are banning any Saban to Texas threads on their forums

It seems like we have a new rumor thread about CNS going to texas every other day now - it's a become a huge distraction (and detraction, imo) on the board, not to mention pretty much flies in the face of our 'no rumors' policy. Therefore we've decided that we're not going to allow any more of these threads during the season (unless Saban leaves before the season is over).

To the hand-wringers: CNS has said multiple times, in a variety of ways, that he's happy at Bama, (as is Ms Terry). By all accounts by those who know them this is also the case. By continuing to post these threads it's not only a distraction from a truly special football season, but it's essentially calling our coach a liar.

Who knows what the future holds? Not me. But for now, unless he leaves, we're instituting an indefinite moratorium on CNS rumor threads.

http://www.tidefans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210616

:lmao Asshurt

Blake
12-11-2013, 11:52 AM
:cry stop calling CNS a liar :cry

What does the C stand for? Coach?

The Gemini Method
12-11-2013, 12:06 PM
$100 milli a year? Shoot--that would be near impossible not to take...That would make him the richest coach in Football...and pretty much ruin A&M's recruiting upswing right where it started in TX.

Vito Corleone
12-11-2013, 12:13 PM
$100 milli a year? Shoot--that would be near impossible not to take...That would make him the richest coach in Football...and pretty much ruin A&M's recruiting upswing right where it started in TX.

That would also be akin to throwing a Nuke at a house with a bug problem. Of course if you have the money why not get Bill Belichick, Phil Jackson and Davey Johnson to head up your big 3 sports.

The Gemini Method
12-11-2013, 12:17 PM
That would also be akin to throwing a Nuke at a house with a bug problem. Of course if you have the money why not get Bill Belichick, Phil Jackson and Davey Johnson to head up your big 3 sports.

Yeah basically...that is like the contract that is coming to Mike Trout--gonna fuck up things for the rest...(although the Pujols and Hamilton...now Cano deal have already began the process...albeit Trout is a different circumstance)

Michael Jordan.
12-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Powers and Patterson had a meeting, Powers gave Patterson the greenlight to hire Saban. Also, Saban and Powers had a phone conversation today.

rkell87
12-11-2013, 05:51 PM
Powers and Patterson had a meeting, Powers gave Patterson the greenlight to hire Saban. Also, Saban and Powers had a phone conversation today.
where do you get your info from?

Michael Jordan.
12-11-2013, 06:00 PM

Hornsports forum.

HarlemHo 37
12-11-2013, 06:14 PM
The donkey's following a trail of bread crumbs layed out by a bunch of University of Texas hopefuls. Arbitrary nonsense.

pgardn
12-11-2013, 06:19 PM
No Saban. Please.
He a snake.

I don't care how many NC he could bring, the guy is trash. Can't root for garbage.

DMX7
12-11-2013, 06:22 PM

Saban and Powers had a phone conversation today? Why is that not on the front page of ESPN.com? That would be huge news, if true.

Michael Jordan.
12-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Saban and Powers had a phone conversation today? Why is that not on the front page of ESPN.com? That would be huge news, if true.
Because ESPN is still trying to spin it as if he's negotiating with Bama. It will come out soon though.

TIMMYtoZO
12-11-2013, 06:42 PM
If MJ is right on Saban to UT, Timmy will be very impressed, tbh.

Michael Jordan.
12-11-2013, 07:01 PM
Mi amigos, Saban will be the next head coach of the Longhorns. Y'all have a good night.

DMX7
12-12-2013, 12:10 PM
It's sounding more and more like it's happenning. That Alabama extention is collecting all kinds of dust sitting on Nick Saban's desk.

The good people of Alabama will not be pleased. I expect them to handle it with class and dignity though.

Blake
12-12-2013, 12:15 PM
It's sounding more and more like it's happenning. That Alabama extention is collecting all kinds of dust sitting on Nick Saban's desk.

The good people of Alabama will not be pleased. I expect them to handle it with class and dignity though.

This makes up for them taking Bear Bryant away from A&M, amirite

Clipper Nation
12-12-2013, 12:29 PM
I thought Franchi:lolne was going to make up for that, tbh :lol

Vito Corleone
12-12-2013, 01:18 PM

We took care of that by pounding Bear's ass every time we faced him.

TFloss32
12-12-2013, 02:24 PM

It's just the nature of the business.

Most coaches leave before their team's bowl to get recruiting situated before National Signing Day.

I don't know if he'll be "great", but I'd keep an eye on Jacob Coker of Florida State as a transfer candidate if Saban signs.

He's originally from Mobile, so it may come down to him wanting to play for Saban at UT or his home state school.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IreePusVnP4

Jimmiemac
12-12-2013, 02:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10125746/aj-mccarron-says-nick-saban-leaving-alabama-crimson-tide

Clipper Nation
12-12-2013, 02:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10125746/aj-mccarron-says-nick-saban-leaving-alabama-crimson-tide

"I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."
- Saban, 2006

''I'm very happy to be the coach here. We're looking forward to the challenges of making LSU a dominant program in the future.''
- Saban, 2004

"I'm not negotiating with LSU, they only reached out."
- Saban, 1999

Jimmiemac
12-12-2013, 03:02 PM
"I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."
- Saban, 2006

''I'm very happy to be the coach here. We're looking forward to the challenges of making LSU a dominant program in the future.''
- Saban, 2004

"I'm not negotiating with LSU, they only reached out."
- Saban, 1999

He never said the I am not negotiating with LSU quote, someone recently made that up, the 2004 quote was in response to his interview with the Chicago Bears. He admits the first quote was a mistake, but really only 1 denial and he isn't saying anything now so not sure your point.

Halberto
12-12-2013, 03:28 PM
He never said the I am not negotiating with LSU quote, someone recently made that up, the 2004 quote was in response to his interview with the Chicago Bears. He admits the first quote was a mistake, but really only 1 denial and he isn't saying anything now so not sure your point.

What's the point of quoting him anyway? Obviously his words don't mean shit, everything he says is PR driven.

symple19
12-12-2013, 08:00 PM
Forbes weighing in from both sides

Why Saban won't leave: A psychological perspective (http://www.forbes.com/sites/daviddisalvo/2013/12/12/why-nick-saban-wont-leave-alabama-for-texas-a-psychological-perspective/)

Why Saban might actually leave for Texas (http://www.forbes.com/sites/tommytomlinson/2013/12/11/why-nick-saban-might-actually-leave-alabama-for-texas/)