PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Merriman walks out on ESPN interview with Dan Lebatard & Tolken black guy

Thebesteva
12-11-2013, 12:43 AM
Apparently, before the interview they were asking a lot of questions about Tila Tequila and seemed 'insensitive' to Shawn's childhood of homelessness. A lot of people on Yahoo comments are saying the reporters acted stupid, from this video alone, it makes Shawn look bad tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpQYRcjKcUk

TDMVPDPOY
12-11-2013, 12:51 AM
espn sports network, wtf they askin shit about tt? a fkn no name wanker

Thebesteva
12-11-2013, 01:07 AM
espn sports network, wtf they askin shit about tt? a fkn no name wanker

I got like 10 ESPN updates when Nelson Mandela died. Not sure why ESPN always tries to take themselves as a legitimate world news center.

lefty
12-11-2013, 01:11 AM
When you were thinking ESPN couldn't get worse

Wow

HarlemHeat37
12-11-2013, 02:01 AM
:lol LeBatard and Bomani's show is one of the only good shows on ESPN, tbh..

PTI is the only other shit I fuck with on their network..

Trainwreck2100
12-11-2013, 02:25 AM
sounds like he didn't want to talk about his childhood

dirk4mvp
12-11-2013, 04:15 AM
I saw it when it happened and it appears that this colored individual must be lights out in the head after the drug abuse tbh.

Reck
12-11-2013, 04:26 AM

You would like 'em. They're only the biggest bandwagoners of the Miami heat. :lol

anyway, I dont see how the relevancy of asking so many personal questions that's not related to sports.

Apparently they forgot what the network is even all about.

AchillesHeel
12-11-2013, 05:22 AM
They got too personal with him, wtf does ESPN have to do with discussing anyone's childhood? He was obviously uncomfortable and they kept piling on, at least he left in a proper manner and didn't just storm out or throw a fit or whatever.

ESPN is boring to me, the only thing I bother watching at times is First Take because it's so bad that it's funny.

Creepn
12-11-2013, 11:18 AM
They got too personal with him, wtf does ESPN have to do with discussing anyone's childhood? He was obviously uncomfortable and they kept piling on, at least he left in a proper manner and didn't just storm out or throw a fit or whatever.

Yeah, I don't see how it makes Shawn looks bad walking out as the OP stated.

Spur-Addict
12-11-2013, 01:16 PM
:lmao

Expert
12-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Tolken?

CuckingFunt
12-11-2013, 03:53 PM
They didn't discuss The Hobbit at all in that interview.

Creepn
12-11-2013, 04:02 PM
They didn't discuss The Hobbit at all in that interview.

lol you're so cute!

jag
12-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Bomani Jones: "How did it feel to come back and see that your house had caught on fire?"

How... did it feel... to come back... and see...that your house...

had caught on fire?

InRareForm
12-11-2013, 04:23 PM
Idiots

monosylab1k
12-11-2013, 06:47 PM
LeBatard is the definition of a tool.

Reck
12-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Token black guy is what mah nigga meant.

Thebesteva
12-11-2013, 09:07 PM
Yeah, I don't see how it makes Shawn looks bad walking out as the OP stated.

The video makes Shawn look much worst was what I was saying, I was defending Shawn. In the actual version they were pouring it on him....jumping from Tila Tequila abuse to his homelessness, it just threw him off guard.

Thebesteva
12-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Tolken?

lol you're so cute!

Ish is totally sorry for undz mistake

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5683/spellingn.jpg

Chief Brody
12-11-2013, 09:13 PM

I believe his radio show (790 the ticket, in miami) is now nationally syndicated. His co-hpst Stugotts is hilarious and its a must listen on Wednesdays when they have Stan van Gundy on...i recommend

HarlemHeat37
12-11-2013, 09:16 PM
I believe his radio show (790 the ticket, in miami) is now nationally syndicated. His co-hpst Stugotts is hilarious and its a must listen on Wednesdays when they have Stan van Gundy on...i recommend

I've actually been listening to it in podcast format for months, tbh..

I actually dislike Lebatard's takes, tbh, I just listen to it for his guests, since him and Stuggots focus on asking questions that aren't vanilla and bland like every other mainstream show..

Chief Brody
12-11-2013, 09:25 PM
I've actually been listening to it in podcast format for months, tbh..

I actually dislike Lebatard's takes, tbh, I just listen to it for his guests, since him and Stuggots focus on asking questions that aren't vanilla and bland like every other mainstream show..

LeBatard has his moments but he's the typical egotistical Jim Romish-guy who loves to beat points to death...Stugotts is a perfect foil for him and like you said they do great, off the cuff interviews with sports and pop culture icons. Wednesdays with SVG are the best thing on radio though. He pulls no punches and knows his shit about basketball-,ESPN fucked up by backing out of his TV deal.