PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Jones: I love Monte Kiffin

Michael Jordan.
12-11-2013, 10:51 AM
CHICAGO -- Jerry Jones said Tuesday that he still has confidence in first-year defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, a day after the Dallas Cowboys (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/dal/dallas-cowboys)' 45-28 loss to the Chicago Bears (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/chi/chicago-bears).
Kiffin's defense allowed Chicago to score on eight straight possessions. Backup quarterback Josh McCown (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/3609/josh-mccown) threw for four touchdowns, and the Bears were 8-of-11 on third-down attempts.

“There's nobody I would rather have than him and [D-line coach] Rod Marinelli. ... There's nobody I would rather have to get it fixed.
”-- Cowboys owner/GM Jerry Jones, on defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin
"He takes it personally; it's hard on him," Jones said of Kiffin during his twice weekly radio show on 105.3 The Fan in Dallas. "Very hard on him. He's been doing this a long time.
"At his age [73], he's had a lot of different experiences. With all of that in mind, he's just got a resolve and he doesn't in any way reject the responsibility. As a matter of fact, he invites it all on himself."

After the loss, Jones said he wished the Cowboys (7-6) would trick up some of their defensive schemes and get more pressure on the quarterback to create turnovers.
When told of Jones' comments, Kiffin told ESPNDallas.com: "We blitzed early, you know, and tried to get some pressure and they got the ball off, and we mixed it pretty well."
The Cowboys used a mixture of man and zone coverages, but the secondary struggled to make plays. Chicago had five pass plays of 20 or more yards.
More from ESPN.com

If Cowboys owner Jerry Jones had any idea of what he really wanted in his defense, maybe the team would be better off. But as it is now, Jones' wishy-washy comments just add to the problems, writes Todd Archer. Blog (http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4721074/jerry-jones-is-too-fickle)

"To be doing what we're doing and to fix what we're doing, there's nobody I would rather have than him and [defensive line coach] Rod Marinelli," Jones said. "Where we are today, to get this fixed over the next, if you would, week or four or five days, the next three weeks, there's nobody I would rather have to get it fixed.
"First of all, he knows what's happening to us better than anyone. And if there are adjustments to be made, he's the right man for the job right now."
The Cowboys have allowed 24.9 first downs per game this season, which is on pace to be the worst by any defense since the 1981 Baltimore Colts (25.4).

leemajors
12-11-2013, 11:04 AM
maybe they should sign some more garbage off the street and hope they can rush the passer!

Clipper Nation
12-11-2013, 12:01 PM
:lmao Jerruh... maybe the Cowboys could be Mack's next job :lol

Bill_Brasky
12-11-2013, 12:06 PM
I could totally see Monte coming in for an interview and charming Jerruh with some corny old man story. then jerruh decides right on the spot "this is my dude" without them ever talking about football and how he's so washed up that his own son fired him before being fired himself.

:cry fire rob Ryan after one middle of the road season where all his starters got hurt and the shitty GM of the team doesn't know what "depth" means :cry
:cry keep Monte kiffin even though he managed to outdo the shittiness of the Saints defense last year and literally has the worst defense ever :cry

FUCKING DIE ALREADY

The Gemini Method
12-11-2013, 12:13 PM
lol I member when he was terrible at USC...couldn't even hold weak spread teams like Wazzu and Oregon St. in check. How the hell did he get the job from Jerruh? Probably after a round of golf and some ceegars...

Blake
12-11-2013, 02:36 PM
Kiffin is 73? Does he even know how to work the DVD player?

TE
12-11-2013, 02:40 PM
I bet both those faggots had some form of buttsex in the late 70's when they both went to Arky

symple19
12-11-2013, 07:00 PM
Bags of dicks. That's what Jerruh eats

td4mvp2k
12-11-2013, 08:05 PM
OP: i love da boys cuz my team sux tbh