PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Lebron appreciation thread

Killakobe81
12-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Look, I know he already has a gang of people on here on his johnson ... I also know he lost last night. Lebron probably should of been more assertive. Sure it's good to be a great team-mate but that game was WINNABLE if James was at his best. But this not a bash thread, it's a praise one.

TBH I dont even really care about his TS% or his PER ... we know he is great by numbers. I care about the little things I see here are some plays just from last night ...plays that tell me he is not only the best in the game and is STILL the real MVP but why he still has a chance at GOAT ...

1. the "scuffle" with David West. Sure David west is a bit undersized but strong. A guy Lebron's size or bigger and Lebron not only stood up to this dude he guarded him a few times and held his own. Maybe only Magic out of the truly great "wings" (i know Magic was a PG but he was special) could consistently bang with a big like that ... Of course Kobe, MJ and others could guard a Melo or a Barkley for a short stretch but if he WANTED Lebron could do that for 48 minutes ...

2. I saw this dude get Low in a crab posture and root out Hibbert, (freaking 7 foot 2 Hibbert?!) at the FT line. Doubt there is a youtube clip. But Lebron got real low, in a a low in a power squat and used his strength to make sure that if there was a rebound HE was gonna get it. It was one the most impressive displays of strength but was so subtle many probably missed it.

3. I maintain that he is a bit overrated on defense, but at times last night he was superb. Great form on his defensive stance and despite not being the greatest 1 on 1 defender he maybe one of the greatest help and recover players I have ever seen ...maybe even better than a prime KG ...when he is "locked in".

4. Of course a few times nightly he makes a pass .... a pass maybe only Magic, heck a few magic probably could not make. He lacks Earvin's or Bird's vision but his strength makes up for it. He makes these passes driving across his body or going the opposite of his momentum at full speed with space in the shooters "pocket" more time than not.

5. The pirouette drive around two Pacers in the first half. As good as Lebron is and as much as he has improved his footwork can still be ugly. But this play along with a post layup shows how far he has come . this guy still the best in the game but yet you can see TANGIBLE improvements every year. I dont get how fans of MJ, Magic Kobe Duncan etc. can't appreciate how much this guy works to perfect his craft.

I am no Lebron stan. I actually hate when he speaks in third person, I think his ego is as huge as Kobe is, but on the "humble" publicly. His game though improving is still methodical in some areas.
I also would prefer the Heat not 3 peat because their bandwagon fans are almost as bad as ours ... and tbh, I would rather my Shaqobe Lakers be the only team that has 3peated since MJ.
But as a student of the game. the guy is a monster and a pleasure to watch. If he did not reach his full potential it would of been a hoops tragedy. He is almost there. Scary thing is I think he can be better.
Don't care if Lebron haters disagree, or others may say I'm bandwagoning but I am not. I dont like Christiano Ronaldo either, but he is great too. A great athlete in his prime doing the little things great (boxing out, help and recover) and then on occasion doing the no regard for human life type stuff or the Tiago block.

Just a honest appreciation of greatness. I was bored thought I would share. Besides so many threads here are negative, have some sort of agenda or a d*ck measuring contest. Who else will share thoughts on Lebron's that not just some useless stat or ANY other great player? The things average fans wont notice like how Duncan protects the rim without being a great leaper? Or how Curry uses a screen?