PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Hey guys..it still hurts, tbh:-(..

HarlemHeat37
12-11-2013, 02:24 PM
It's been roughly 6 months since it happened . . . and, it hurts, tbh..It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake, tbh.. We were so close to such a great moment -- only to see Pop choke and Lebron go balls deep -- is still heartbreaking..Somehow, it seems to have hurt more and more as the summer progressed, as the realization set in regarding the history we would have made, tbh..

Of course, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean shit, tbh.. It's not something real, it's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy, or even a bannishment from SpursTalk..But given how much I love following the Spurs, it's painful, tbh.. I'm not going to even try to mask it, it hurts, tbh:(..

I've tried everything to to forget about it, even leaving the continent, tbh..But there I was, getting dome in my condo, she started licking my balls and trying to finish me off, but all that I could see were those 28 seconds replaying again and again, tbh..

But fuck..

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in life.. Sure, .4 sucked, the foul was shitty, the no-look pass was infuriating, the backdoor sweeps were excruciating, and the frontdoor sweeps weren't enjoyable.. But all of those don't even compare to what Lebron did to us, tbh..

I've had a good summer, life is nice -- I'm happy, but it continues to haunt me, tbh..

The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow, tbh..for now, at least, the pain of yesterday outweighs the excitement of tomorrow, though.. Nightmares of Lebron, my girl tells me I scream in my sleep, "NO LEBRON, STOP MAKING ALL THOSE 3S, EVEN JORDAN COULDN'T DO THIS, DON'T DO THIS TO US!!"..she tells me I talk in my sleep, "whose this Kori Ellis you keep referring to? You keep asking her not to ban you from SpursTalk", she says..It's just basketball, it's just SpursTalk, but it hurts man, it hurts:(..

It hurts, tbh:(..

It hurts:(..

AchillesHeel
12-11-2013, 02:28 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Ray-Allen-Hits-Three-to-Force-OT-Game-6-NBA-Finals.gif

Ray Allen for 3.....BANG!!!!

hater
12-11-2013, 02:37 PM
you can't expect to win with 8 turnovers in a Championship clincher on the road and vs. the best shooter in the history of the game.

but regardless, that WAS the worst chokejob and epic failure in the history of the game. I'm just glad there was no mass suicides around here

spurraider21
12-11-2013, 02:44 PM
the turnovers were obviously bad, but in all honesty it came down to 2 missed free throws and 2 surrendered offensive rebounds

the psychological need to have a scapegoat is a common phenomenon though. we see it with lakerfan and pau. granted manu did miss one of those free throws. he made the 2 on his prior possession though

hater
12-11-2013, 02:48 PM
agree it cannot be all on Manu but it boils down to: "you cannot expect to win with one of your big 3 passing 8 assists to the opponents"

don't get me wrong, Lebron had 6 Tos and was in danger of his most awful chokejob yet, yes, he was saved by the best shooter in the history of the game. Manu didn't have anyone to save his shit performance.

still it was Spurs clincher game and they were up 5 with 28 seconds to go. Most epic chokejob in history had to be a team effort

spurraider21
12-11-2013, 02:52 PM
the spurs very easily could have won with manu's 8 turnovers if they made any one of those 4 plays (2 rebounds/2 free throws). pick 1. any 1.

Juggity
the turnovers were obviously bad, but in all honesty it came down to 2 missed free throws and 2 surrendered offensive rebounds

I disagree. It came down to 1 offensive rebound, and 1 miracle 3-pointer. The Spurs didn't lose that game, the Heat reached out and took it with two miraculous events: the Bosh rebound and the Allen 3.

skut_farkus
Blair would of grabbed the rebound

hater
12-11-2013, 02:53 PM
The Spurs didn't lose that game, the Heat reached out and took it with two miraculous events: the Bosh rebound and the Allen 3.

I have to respectfully disagree

a rebound by a 7 foot center guarded by a group of midgets and a fat frenchman is no miracle

neither is a 3 pointer by the best shooter in the history of the game

spurraider21
12-11-2013, 02:54 PM
I disagree. It came down to 1 offensive rebound, and 1 miracle 3-pointer. The Spurs didn't lose that game, the Heat reached out and took it with two miraculous events: the Bosh rebound and the Allen 3.

the miller rebound (actually a great play by wade to break up the rebound between kawhi/boris) led to a lebron 3. if the spurs get the rebound, they are shooting free throws while up 5 and about 20 seconds to go. game over.

had either manu or kawhi made their 2nd free throw, the heat would have required an additional shot

AchillesHeel
12-11-2013, 02:57 PM

a rebound by a 7 foot center guarded by a group of midgets and a fat frenchman is no miracle

Heat had the right guys to end the game, the Spurs obviously didn't. Manu was struggling and deserved to be benched instead of Timmy, though Tim was tired by the end of the game, I think he would have at least not allowed Bosh to get the board, and maybe Miami gets 2 inside and they have to foul again.

I just don't believe that Miami would have gotten 2 offensive boards with Timmy out there.

spurraider21
12-11-2013, 02:57 PM

this. bosh wasn't even in the game on that first rebound, which is why i quasi-understand the decision to have boris in over tim. when bosh checked in on that last possession, the move to sit duncan again was plain retarded, especially as they had just been burned by an offensive rebound the possession before. its like when vogel pulled hibbert and lebron got a layup, then vogel pulled hibbert again on the very next possession and gave up yet another lebron layup.

fool me once...

Holden_Caulfield
12-11-2013, 02:59 PM
:cry:cry:cry

daslicer
12-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Shocking no one has figured out this dipshit trolls shtick. He is heat fan or Lebron jocker in disguise. I got to be truthful I have more respect for laker trolls like Koolaid who are up front about who they are and don't hide behind fake profiles. Harlem was a great troll during the Kobe-Gasol title years but now that the lakers are irrelevant he is pretty much useless. Spurs lost life goes on anybody who is still crying about it needs some therapy.

AchillesHeel
12-11-2013, 03:16 PM
Shocking no one has figured out this dipshit trolls shtick. He is heat fan or Lebron jocker in disguise. I got to be truthful I have more respect for laker trolls like Koolaid who are up front about who they are and don't hide behind fake profiles. Harlem was a great troll during the Kobe-Gasol title years but now that the lakers are irrelevant he is pretty much useless. Spurs lost life goes on anybody who is still crying about it needs some therapy.

I knew this within 2 days of posting here. He was rooting for a Spurs loss.

elmanutres
12-11-2013, 03:18 PM
fak yoo hurlum pheggyt

thunderup
12-11-2013, 03:23 PM
:lol that was the craziest game I've ever seen yall. Now that I think about, the only person I feel bad for is TD. He's a legend. Every other player, coach and fan associated with the Spurs got what they deserved. Especially the fans. Spurs fans are some of the worst on the planet, only beat by Heat fans. I cannot imagine how heartbroken all you Spurs fan were after that. Glorious! :lol

Killakobe81
12-11-2013, 03:39 PM
It's been roughly 6 months since it happened . . . and, it hurts, tbh..It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake, tbh.. We were so close to such a great moment -- only to see Pop choke and Lebron go balls deep -- is still heartbreaking..Somehow, it seems to have hurt more and more as the summer progressed, as the realization set in regarding the history we would have made, tbh..

Of course, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean shit, tbh.. It's not something real, it's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy, or even a bannishment from SpursTalk..But given how much I love following the Spurs, it's painful, tbh.. I'm not going to even try to mask it, it hurts, tbh:(..

I've tried everything to to forget about it, even leaving the continent, tbh..But there I was, getting dome in my condo, she started licking my balls and trying to finish me off, but all that I could see were those 28 seconds replaying again and again, tbh..

But fuck..

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in life.. Sure, .4 sucked, the foul was shitty, the no-look pass was infuriating, the backdoor sweeps were excruciating, and the frontdoor sweeps weren't enjoyable.. But all of those don't even compare to what Lebron did to us, tbh..

I've had a good summer, life is nice -- I'm happy, but it continues to haunt me, tbh..

The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow, tbh..for now, at least, the pain of yesterday outweighs the excitement of tomorrow, though.. Nightmares of Lebron, my girl tells me I scream in my sleep, "NO LEBRON, STOP MAKING ALL THOSE 3S, EVEN JORDAN COULDN'T DO THIS, DON'T DO THIS TO US!!"..she tells me I talk in my sleep, "whose this Kori Ellis you keep referring to? You keep asking her not to ban you from SpursTalk", she says..It's just basketball, it's just SpursTalk, but it hurts man, it hurts:(..

POTY (post) tbh ...

Arcadian
12-11-2013, 05:41 PM
I always felt, and continue to feel, rather numb about it.

Yes, it's fucking horrible how we lost.

...But we were that close. And nobody gave us a chance to be that close in the first place. That was a victory in its own right. And Miami was extremely lucky to win that shit. So it doesn't hurt that much, tbh.

spurraider21
12-11-2013, 05:52 PM
I always felt, and continue to feel, rather numb about it.

Yes, it's fucking horrible how we lost.

...But we were that close. And nobody gave us a chance to be that close in the first place. That was a victory in its own right. And Miami was extremely lucky to win that shit. So it doesn't hurt that much, tbh.
sucks that the 2012-2013 lakers won the moral victory championship or else we'd be right there

Arcadian
12-11-2013, 05:55 PM
sucks that the 2012-2013 lakers won the moral victory championship or else we'd be right there

:lol How so? They were swept in round 1 and had possibly the most underachieving team in sports history. That's not any kind of victory. That's a moral defeat.

The Spurs won a nice, concrete conference championship.

hater
12-11-2013, 05:57 PM
The Spurs won a nice, concrete conference championship.

:lmao you gotta be kidding me

Grizz last year had no business smelling the West Finals.

The Gemini Method
12-11-2013, 06:07 PM
:lol How so? They were swept in round 1 and had possibly the most underachieving team in sports history. That's not any kind of victory. That's a moral defeat.

The Spurs won a nice, concrete conference championship. Most underachieving team in sports history? Naw. You had Kirby/Nash at an advanced age and a Dwight Howard who has been nothing but overrated since day one. Oh, and throw in D'Antoni and you complete the worthless squad that was the '12-'13 Lakers. Don't buy in on the hype that was hyperbole passed on by the media. That team was never going to be a serious contender and though I appreciate the effort made by Kupchak, I knew deep down that it would never be number 6 for Kirby. It made for excellent counter-press to LeBron in the East though...Been pretty boring in the West this year in the way of headlines and such. I was hoping that the Spurs would topple the Heat and when they blew it--it was a bitter pill to swallow. :cry.

spurraider21
12-11-2013, 06:21 PM
:lol ever time the lakers lost some douche here would try to :downspin: it as a moral victory. "dwight and pau looked better together today :cry"

moral victory champions tbh. :cry season starts tomorrow

The Gemini Method
12-11-2013, 06:23 PM
:lol ever time the lakers lost some douche here would try to :downspin: it as a moral victory. "dwight and pau looked better together today :cry"

moral victory champions tbh. :cry season starts tomorrow Moral victories are for Special Olympics participants. There is only one outcome that counts and that's winning.

dirk4mvp
12-11-2013, 07:09 PM
spurfans are getting softer it seems after Dirk rang and last season's finals.

Michael Jordan.
12-11-2013, 07:11 PM
:lol that was the craziest game I've ever seen yall. Now that I think about, the only person I feel bad for is TD. He's a legend. Every other player, coach and fan associated with the Spurs got what they deserved. Especially the fans. Spurs fans are some of the worst on the planet, only beat by Heat fans. I cannot imagine how heartbroken all you Spurs fan were after that. Glorious! :lol

Look at this ass sniffing faggot off the bandwagon, after spending the entire series hoping the Spurs would beat Bron. :lol cocksmoker

Robz4000
12-11-2013, 07:12 PM
I'll give you something that hurts.

Tee, hee.

Reck
12-11-2013, 07:15 PM
:lol

I never felt like it hurt. I was more pissed than anything.

Got over it a week after I left the board.

AussieFanKurt
12-11-2013, 07:16 PM
:lol

I never felt like it hurt. I was more pissed than anything.

Got over it a week after I left the board.

I was never hurt or sad, just filled with rage at that argie cunt

AussieFanKurt
12-11-2013, 07:17 PM
I hope he cant fucking sleep at night

HarlemHeat37
12-11-2013, 07:21 PM

It hurts man, it hurts, tbh:(..

jeebus
12-11-2013, 07:27 PM
It hurts man, it hurts, tbh:(..

:cry HarlemHurts37 :cry

ElNono
12-11-2013, 07:38 PM

But fuck..

I ask myself that a lot. Last season and Manu's bed wetting took a lot out of me as a fan. I have League Pass and have maybe watched three games all the way through this year. Used to look forward to game night. This year....not so much. We are gonna go through all the motions only to lose in the second round.... :(

Even back when the Spurs couldn't make the playoffs I had more motivation to watch them than I do this year.... :(

And to think my favorite player is the reason we lost with his ridiculous play in the Finals..... I don't know if I will even bother watching until the playoffs. I would rather walk my dog.

:depressed

Thebesteva
12-11-2013, 09:15 PM

But fuck..

Send the admin this song and a bottle of whisky

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvdLovAaYzM

Reck
12-11-2013, 09:21 PM
I hope he cant fucking sleep at night

More than you and me combine.

He's probably thinking how he's going to partition the dollar to pesos convertion when all is set in done. Definitely going to triple those millions down in Argentina.

baseline bum
12-11-2013, 09:25 PM
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Ray-Allen-Hits-Three-to-Force-OT-Game-6-NBA-Finals.gif

Ray Allen for 3.....BANG!!!!

First Turnobili has 8 turnovers and then the lazy Mexican is lying on the ground like it's time for siesta as the Spurs are about to wrap up a title. This is why I don't support delivering anchor babies in our hospitals.

spurraider21
12-11-2013, 09:47 PM
First Turnobili has 8 turnovers and then the lazy Mexican is lying on the ground like it's time for siesta as the Spurs are about to wrap up a title. This is why I don't support delivering anchor babies in our hospitals.
to be fair he quickly got up and got in position for a rebound

Bill_Brasky
12-11-2013, 09:54 PM
simple.

Thread
12-11-2013, 10:38 PM
& it will always hurt. That's your punishment, your penance. You'll bear that cross until you enter your house. I still can't believe it. It was as miracle. And it just was exactly what Media needed and wanted:::James with the double and the Spurs on that short end of the dirty stick. It was made to order for Media. They didn't have to talk bad about James and they won't talk abad about the Spurs. I wanted to see your nose put into the do-do. GD I wanted that, but, I'd grow old, gray and I'd die waiting on that comeuppance. No, your punishment, your lone punishment was not winning the NBA World Title you'd already won. I wanted more suffering for you. I wanted blood.

midnightpulp
12-11-2013, 10:41 PM
& it will always hurt. That's your punishment, your penance. You'll bear that cross until you enter your house. I still can't believe it. It was as miracle. And it just was exactly what Media needed and wanted:::James with the double and the Spurs on that short end of the dirty stick. It was made to order for Media. They didn't have to talk bad about James and they won't talk abad about the Spurs. I wanted to see your nose put into the do-do. GD I wanted that, but, I'd grow old, gray and I'd die waiting on that comeuppance. No, your punishment, your lone punishment was not winning the NBA World Title you'd already won. I wanted more suffering for you. I wanted blood.

Still hurt about Media dismembering Magic in '84, I see.

Thread
12-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Still hurt about Media dismembering Magic in '84, I see.

Thank you. You didn't have to go thru that agony. You lost in a vacuum. Clean...an immaculate loss. No strings attached. You just went about your life like it never happened. Like when Webber wandered away from Horry on that 3. Nary a word spoken about that to him since. Like that 3 dropped out of the sky by God for the love of Pete. I cring at the thought of what would have happened if Duncan hadn't needed to slap that applewood floor.

midnightpulp
12-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Thank you. You didn't have to go thru that agony. You lost in a vacuum. Clean...an immaculate loss. No strings attached. You just went about your life like it never happened. Like when Webber wandered away from Horry on that 3. Nary a word spoken about that to him since. Like that 3 dropped out of the sky by God for the love of Pete. I cring at the thought of what would have happened if Duncan hadn't needed to slap that applewood floor.

I, for one, would've loved to see Pop raked over the coals for his shitty decision making. Media doesn't go after him because he isn't quotable. If they criticize him, he'll just sit there with a stern look on his face and respond with a flat "yes" or "no."

And that fucker still refuses to intentional foul in the closing seconds when he's up 3 points.

Thread
12-11-2013, 10:59 PM
I, for one, would've loved to see Pop raked over the coals for his shitty decision making. Media doesn't go after him because he isn't quotable. If they criticize him, he'll just sit there with a stern look on his face and respond with a flat "yes" or "no."

And that fucker still refuses to intentional foul in the closing seconds when he's up 3 points.

Got nothing to do with his quotability. He's just insulated and comprehensively so. It's a dictate out of NYC. It's how things are and how they're done. I understand that.

ezau
12-11-2013, 11:06 PM
Got nothing to do with his quotability. He's just insulated and comprehensively so. It's a dictate out of NYC. It's how things are and how they're done. I understand that.

The skunking makes 6 hurt a little less.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-11-2013, 11:08 PM
It blows bro. I still cant watch manu shoot ft's without remembering 6. and if he happens to make both ft's ill make a snide comment like "where was that shit in game 6" same goes when he makes an assist. Ugggghhhh fuck manu and pop I don't know if I can ever forgive them for fucking tim out of #5.

RsxPiimp
12-11-2013, 11:15 PM
&Thread, are you Apple Green in Real Gm?

Thread
12-11-2013, 11:16 PM
The skunking makes 6 hurt a little less.

Please. Nothing salves that wound. You'll carry that ripe & wet the rest of your life. It'll never heal. Always will fester and ooze. Your life will go on, but, that vision has taken root in your gourd and grows there now strong and sturdy. Sure, it's in a different field of harvest from your real life, but, it's abundant and vibrant. You had that won. Just because Media didn't beat your over the head and body with it, condemning your people over means nothing. And you know what else? You found that out. You figured, you thought because you weren't head to accounts except by "us" here that it wasn't that bad. You were wrong. And I coulda tole you that in June, but, you would not believed me. You know now. "Their" failure to hang you from the tree of woe didn't stop you from hanging from that tree of woe.

- Pappy

Clipper Nation
12-11-2013, 11:16 PM
You're a chickenshit, you shit chickens....

Thread
12-11-2013, 11:17 PM
&Thread, are you Apple Green in Real Gm?

No. I've never posted there or even went on that site.

Thread
12-11-2013, 11:20 PM
You're a chickenshit, you shit chickens....

Go on. Your king of LA now. That was your goal, your sweet spot. Media goaded you to it. Led you to it. They're good at that. & You got it. Easy too. Now you're faced with trying to win the last game played in June. tee, hee.

& Paul, every time his booty hole be gettin' tight whether it's in November or, May he starts playing stinking finger and grab ass with the officiating. ha, ha.

RsxPiimp
12-11-2013, 11:23 PM
:lol this thread guy is awesome.

baseline bum
12-11-2013, 11:23 PM

With Turnobili and Leonard missing free throws like Karl Malone misses child support payments, do you think that would have been a reasonable strategy?

ezau
12-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Please. Nothing salves that wound. You'll carry that ripe & wet the rest of your life. It'll never heal. Always will fester and ooze. Your life will go on, but, that vision has taken root in your gourd and grows there now strong and sturdy. Sure, it's in a different field of harvest from your real life, but, it's abundant and vibrant. You had that won. Just because Media didn't beat your over the head and body with it, condemning your people over means nothing. And you know what else? You found that out. You figured, you thought because you weren't head to accounts except by "us" here that it wasn't that bad. You were wrong. And I coulda tole you that in June, but, you would not believed me. You know now. "Their" failure to hang you from the tree of woe didn't stop you from hanging from that tree of woe.

- Pappy

The skunking, Achilles, DeadJerry, Stayd12:lol

KobeOwnsDuncan
02-06-2014, 03:56 PM
Some real ass opinions in here

jeebus
02-06-2014, 04:12 PM
It's been approximately 162,000 minutes since it happened . . . and, honestly, it hurts. It's a pain deep in the soul that I probably won't ever shake. To be that close to such a great moment -- only to see it slip through the fingers -- is still devastating. Somehow, it seems to have hurt more and more as the summer progressed as the realization set in regarding what exactly was at stake.

Sure, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't mean much. It's not something real. It's not a death or some other sort of real life tragedy. But given that following the Spurs is my only hobby in life, it's painful. I'm not going to even try to lie. It hurts.

I've tried getting away from it all to try to forget about it. But there I was, in the middle of the Pacific on a cruise ship in a pitch black room trying to fall asleep, and all that I can see are those 28 seconds replaying again and again.

Logically, I know the pain doesn't make a whole lot of sense. It's just a basketball game. And the Spurs already have four championships. And going into last season, a trip to the Finals would have been seen as a great success. Hell, going into the playoffs, I thought getting to the Western Conference Finals was a success.

Logically, what the Spurs did last year was a great accomplishment. A year ago, if you told me the Spurs would be 28 seconds from a championship, I would have been thrilled.

But damn.

This pain doesn't compare to anything else I've experienced in my Spurs fandom. Yeah, .4 sucked. The foul was tough to swallow. The no-look pass was unpleasant. The backdoor sweeps weren't fun. The frontdoor sweeps weren't enjoyable. But all of those don't even register compared to this.

I've had an extremely busy summer. Life is great -- never better. But it continues to haunt me.

Hopefully going to the game tonight will provide some sort of relief. The great thing about sports is there is always tomorrow. For now, at least, the pain of yesterday outweighs the excitement of tomorrow. I'm hoping that changes. Starting tonight.

Thread
02-06-2014, 04:23 PM
^My God.

Katherine Robinson
02-06-2014, 05:26 PM
^My God.

'nary a moment of respite since that day, eh Dale?

Thread
02-06-2014, 05:28 PM
'nary a moment of respite since that day, eh Dale?

eh.

Katherine Robinson
02-06-2014, 05:31 PM
eh.

Where would you be today if it was...

Kobe: 5

The shitbag: 5

TDMVPDPOY
02-06-2014, 05:34 PM

faggot be parroting some other shit tee hee

Thread
02-06-2014, 05:42 PM

It wouldn't be that. It'd be:::

Duncan: 5

the tired old shit bag Kobe: 5

---

I just don't know. I'd a been terribly torn up and cast upon the waters of life.

DeadlyDynasty
02-06-2014, 05:44 PM
lol Manu

Katherine Robinson
02-06-2014, 05:46 PM
It wouldn't be that. It'd be:::

Duncan: 5

the tired old shit bag Kobe: 5

---

I just don't know. I'd a been terribly torn up and cast upon the waters of life.

You owe Ray Allen your life, Dale.

Thread
02-06-2014, 05:53 PM
You owe Ray Allen your life, Dale.

Bosh too. It doesn't get there unless Bosh can think & execute on his feet. Bosh will never get the credit he deserves there, but, it's him as well.

& you're right, it would be an entirely different, here with you fellows and here in the house. I find I am a completely different person in the evenings if the Suns and/or Spurs lose or win. It's incredible. There is a lightness of being at loss and a black veil affect with the win.

resistanze
02-06-2014, 07:32 PM
& you're right, it would be an entirely different, here with you fellows and here in the house. I find I am a completely different person in the evenings if the Suns and/or Spurs lose or win. It's incredible. There is a lightness of being at loss and a black veil affect with the win.

The break you took after The Sweep left you refreshed, tee hee.

sook
02-06-2014, 07:56 PM
thread title sounds like you're talking about your ass. Ease up on the porn forrums brah, crazy ideas you don't wanna mess with :lol