PDA

View Full Version : The 2013 Hater's Guide To The Williams-Sonoma Catalog

symple19
12-11-2013, 09:50 PM
:lmao

http://deadspin.com/the-2013-haters-guide-to-the-williams-sonoma-catalog-1481230580

I have a house and, like most houses, it's an unfinished work. There are cracks in the paint. There are piles of old clothes and shoes exploding out of the laundry room, which doubles as a storage room because we don't have a storage room. The walls in our bedroom are bare because we haven't had time to hang pictures on them since we moved in 10 years ago. We need a pantry, but don't have one. We just cram cans of food and boxes of pasta into the front hall closet with the coats and shoes because there's nowhere else to put them. We do not have a larder. I don't know what a larder is but it sounds fucking great. It sounds like you keep LARD in it, and that suits me nicely. But for now, this loving house will do, in all its imperfections. I suspect most houses are like this. There's always some goddamn project that needs to get done and never does.
It is a world designed to make the REAL world feel lifeless and dirty. A thousand years ago, you could have lived in a hut and been happy because you didn't know that life could be any better. But in 21st century America, you are constantly being shown how much better life can be, and that is what makes your life so fucking intolerable.But that is not the kind of home that exists in the Williams-Sonoma universe. The Williams-Sonoma universe (http://deadspin.com/5959212/the-haters-guide-to-the-williams+sonoma-catalog) is a magical pristine alternate dimension where every room has crown molding and your wife can fart out a perfect red velvet bundt cake in nine seconds flat from her Wolf oven and you are fucking RICH. Just so rich you don't even know what to do with yourself, which is how you end up spending $48 on a tin of peppermint bark. You host fabulous parties with educated neighbors and you eat organic soup out of a tureen hand-crafted by a cedar farmer in Alaska who only makes four of these tureens a year. It's a fabulous world, chock full of copper cookware dangling from stainless steel hooks and a framed picture of Ina Garten in every room, even the parlor!
Anyway, I have received this year's copy of the Williams-Sonoma holiday catalog, and as usual it features a dazzling assortment of shit you can't afford for a house you'll never live in. And yes, there is a fucking chicken coop in here once again (List price: $859 with painted chicken). Let's see what else is inside, shall we?
more (http://deadspin.com/the-2013-haters-guide-to-the-williams-sonoma-catalog-1481230580)

baseline bum
12-12-2013, 12:42 AM
Holy fuck, $60 for a dozen faggot ass New Mexican tamales made with shredded beef, carnitas, and chicken instead of the much better pig head meat like the Mexicans make.

DMC
12-12-2013, 01:42 AM
Holy shit I need that backyard beehive starter kit. My neighbor has a group of chimplets that run around his yard like Bonobo monkeys and I'd like to introduce some excitement into their otherwise predictable day. I think if I could get the pit bull that babysits them agitated enough, I might see a decapitation.

Bill_Brasky
12-12-2013, 10:48 AM
2 grand for a machine that folds sheets. and in as little as four minutes!