PDA

View Full Version : Suns: Suns Payroll is actually absurdly low

da_suns_fan
12-11-2013, 11:09 PM
Suns are paying 27 million to Okafor (whos never been to Phoenix), Beasley (who plays for Miami) and Childress (who plays....somewhere).

Combined salary of players who are actually on the team: 26 million

Kobe salary: 30 million

Nets payroll (including luxury tax): 190 million

Granted several players (most notably Bledsoe) are currently on their rookie contracts, but its still crazy to see how fucked up the CBA is.

DMC
12-11-2013, 11:45 PM
I think the fact that they are getting paid at all is absurd.

tlongII
12-12-2013, 01:25 PM
The Suns are in good shape. I like their team.

TXstbobcat
12-12-2013, 01:29 PM
I miss the spurs playoff rivalry with the suns. Had some epic playoff games.

CitizenDwayne
12-12-2013, 01:59 PM
The Suns really got shafted by Beasley. What a joke.

And wtf happened to Childress anyway? That guy turned to shit quickly.

Katherine Robinson
12-12-2013, 01:59 PM
It's good to look at the bright side, but unlimited cap space would not help the Suns escape 0 & forever.

Holden_Caulfield
12-12-2013, 02:10 PM
48 million: 0-2

26 million: 12-9

whitemamba
12-12-2013, 05:00 PM
damn

Pelicans78
12-12-2013, 05:01 PM
The Suns really got shafted by Beasley. What a joke.

And wtf happened to Childress anyway? That guy turned to shit quickly.

He's rotting on the Pelicans bench.

Thread
12-12-2013, 05:09 PM
I think the fact that they are getting paid

Bend over. I'll show ya getting fuckin' paid.

AchillesHeel
12-12-2013, 05:11 PM
Bledsoe will get the max as soon as his contract expires, another John Wall type of player.

Holden_Caulfield
12-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Bledsoe will get the max as soon as his contract expires, another John Wall type of player.
John Wall is the better team player and better overall imo. Both cant shoot for shit though :lol

AchillesHeel
12-12-2013, 05:15 PM
John Wall is the better team player and better overall imo. Both cant shoot for shit though :lol

which is why I said John wall type, just an athletic, defensive PG with nice enough handles, who lacks the shooting touch. Can't carry a team, but will post up nice enough stats for sorry franchies to pay that kind of money.

DMC
12-12-2013, 06:08 PM
Bend over. I'll show ya getting fuckin' paid.

I don't work for minimum wages

Thread
12-12-2013, 08:20 PM

& it will be good times here then as the local Media helps the org. deal with Bledsoe and that contract. They already are paving the road since the start of the season. They tread carefully though. They don't want to rustle Eric's feathers but they don't want it being a max deal either.

Xylus
12-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Suns are paying 27 million to Okafor (whos never been to Phoenix), Beasley (who plays for Miami) and Childress (who plays....somewhere).

Combined salary of players who are actually on the team: 26 million

Kobe salary: 30 million

Nets payroll (including luxury tax): 190 million

Granted several players (most notably Bledsoe) are currently on their rookie contracts, but its still crazy to see how fucked up the CBA is.

I was pretty shocked to learn that Childress is still being paid. Seems like it's been years since he played here. I'm fine with paying Beasley if it means he won't ever don a Suns uniform again. And Okafor is an expiring contract, so that one doesn't hurt at all. Suns are playing moneyball, though. McD is prepping for some big free agency periods in the next couple of years.

Xylus
12-12-2013, 08:55 PM
& it will be good times here then as the local Media helps the org. deal with Bledsoe and that contract. They already are paving the road since the start of the season. They tread carefully though. They don't want to rustle Eric's feathers but they don't want it being a max deal either.

Cubby.