PDA

View Full Version : The grand opening at Philly's Phamous...

Tony's_Sweet_Kisses88
07-29-2005, 12:18 PM
So what all is suppose to happen at the opening? All I know is that its from 12-2pm. I heard many of the Spurs players are suppose to be there. Has anyone heard the same thing? If someone can reply that would be nice.

Kori Ellis
07-29-2005, 12:27 PM
All I know is what I got from this release a few days ago ...

SAN ANTONIO - Nine-year NBA veteran Malik Rose today announced that he will host a grand opening celebration for his second Malik’s Philly’s Phamous restaurant on Saturday, July 30. The grand opening will run from 12:00 to 2:00 p.m. The afternoon will feature appearances by local celebrities and a wide variety of entertainment.

The new shop is located at 11851 Bandera Road in Silverado Station. Like the original location – which opened in the Quarry Market on September 25, 2003 – the new restaurant will feature a full menu anchored by a wide variety of Philadelphia Cheesesteak sandwiches.

“Although I was born and raised in Philadelphia and now play in New York, San Antonio is home,” said Rose, who played seven-plus seasons with the Spurs before being traded to the Knicks in February of 2005. “I’m really excited to be opening our second restaurant. The first one has been a tremendous success. Being part of a project like this - and learning how the business world works - is exciting for me. But, just as important, it is a great way to stay involved in the San Antonio community.”

As part of the grand opening festivities, Rose will hold a special silent auction. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to the National Kidney Foundation and the Fischer House at BAMC. The auction will feature a variety of autographed sports memorabilia including signed team basketballs from the Spurs 2003 and 2005 championships teams.

For more information on Malik’s Philly’s Phamous log onto www.phillysphamous.com.

batman2883
07-29-2005, 12:45 PM
so who's going ??? i'll go wearing a batman shirt and trucker cap to represent

GrandeDavid
07-29-2005, 03:27 PM
I'm gonna check it out next week.

ducks
07-29-2005, 03:44 PM
so who made that website? it has no info who made it