Holden_Caulfield
12-12-2013, 02:21 PM
:cry but udrih is so good :cry

Bulaien999
12-12-2013, 02:22 PM
Poor Lowry, dude played well during his time as a rocket

baseline bum
12-12-2013, 02:31 PM
LOL, no way Toronto is trading his expiring ass when New York is prohibited from trading their 2015 and 2017 pick away and the Raptors already have the Knicks' 2016 first. What can the Knicks offer? Their 2018 first rounder? :lol

lefty
12-12-2013, 02:36 PM
LOL, no way Toronto is trading his expiring ass when New York is prohibited from trading their 2015 and 2017 pick away and the Raptors already have the Knicks' 2016 first. What can the Knicks offer? Their 2018 first rounder? :lol
Ujiri

He fleeces other GM's :lol

spurraider21
12-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Ujiri

He fleeces other GM's :lol
I belive in Masai

Clipper Nation
12-12-2013, 02:42 PM
:lol Knicks
:lol Begging for Ujiri to bend them over again

lefty
12-12-2013, 02:53 PM
:lol Hungry Nigerian pwning Gotham

spurraider21
12-12-2013, 03:00 PM
Lowry is an expiring... not sure how giving that away is bending anybody over

HarlemHeat37
12-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Apparently it's close to finished with Lowry going to NY for Felton, MWP(gets bought out after) and 2018 First round pick, tbh..

CitizenDwayne
12-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Eh, why not? God knows they need something.

baseline bum
12-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Holy fuck, so it really is for their 2018 first rounder. :rollin

WTF is New York thinking throwing away all their draft picks so they can't rebuild when Carmelo goes to LA JV this summer?

Clipper Nation
12-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Lowry is an expiring... not sure how giving that away is bending anybody over

Apparently it's close to finished with Lowry going to NY for Felton, MWP(gets bought out after) and 2018 First round pick, tbh..

Holden_Caulfield
12-12-2013, 05:07 PM
shit its actually happening :rollin

AchillesHeel
12-12-2013, 05:09 PM
I belive in Masai

great song

lefty
12-12-2013, 05:12 PM
:lmao WTF

AchillesHeel
12-12-2013, 05:12 PM
Shumpert + Felton for Lowry most likely, tbh.

lefty
12-12-2013, 10:04 PM
And its getting better :lol

The New York Knicks (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/nyk) are pursuing Toronto point guard Kyle Lowry (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4152) with a package of Raymond Felton (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3931), Metta World Peace (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3339) and a 2018 first-round draft pick, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

View

The Knicks refused a Raptors proposal that would've included Iman Shumpert (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4898) and Felton, sources told Yahoo Sports. WIthout a first-round pick or Shumpert, there is no traction for a deal. The Knicks have no appetite for including Shumpert or rookie Tim Hardaway Jr. in a package.

Knicks owner Jim Dolan is sensitive to the public perception that Toronto general manger Masai Ujiri bamboozled New York in the Carmelo Anthony (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3706) trade :lmao :lmao, and the chance of getting panned for giving up too much in a deal for Lowry has become a hurdle in these talks, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Ujiri was the GM of the Denver Nuggets when he negotiated a deal that included Danilo Gallinari (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4468), Wilson Chandler, Felton and Timofey Mozgov for a package that included Anthony, Chauncey Billups and a first-round draft pick.

Toronto is discussing deals for Lowry with an ever-growing list of teams, league sources said.
Several teams are pursuing Lowry, but the Knicks' most direct competition for him could come from the Brooklyn Nets, who are also exploring the possibility of a deal :lmao :lmao :lmao, league sources said. Brooklyn has resisted the inclusion of its 2020 first-round pick in a package, nor one of its top young players, including rookie Mason Plumlee, sources said.

Within the Knicks, there's hesitance on including the draft pick, but there's no chance a deal for Lowry could get done without it, sources said. Nevertheless, there's still doubt on how long New York will keep a pick on the table, sources said.

Toronto officials have been scouting and calling European contacts on Bojan Bogdanovic, a 24-year-old shooting guard with whom the Nets own the rights, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The Knicks have lost Felton for two to three weeks with a hamstring injury. He has been largely ineffective for most of the season.

Lowry has wanted a trade for most of the season and the Raptors became more motivated to move him after acquiring point guard Greiveis Vasquez in a deal with the Sacramento Kings.
World Peace, who signed as free agent this summer, can't be traded until Sunday, per league rules. Freshly signed free agents aren't eligible to be included in trades until Dec. 15.

Michael Jordan.
12-12-2013, 10:09 PM
:lol New Yawwwwwwwk basketball

apalisoc_9
12-12-2013, 10:10 PM
fucking BS..Why can't guys who actually know basketball get GM jobs. Fucking pathetic..

Rogue
12-12-2013, 10:10 PM
they really need a good PG imho. Their current squad is like tadpole, their frontcourt is stacked while they're feather thin in the backcourt. Lowry ain't a top PG in the league but still be a huge upgrade at this position for them knicks.

Raven
12-12-2013, 10:18 PM
knicks really don't know what they are doing..

Jordanobili2320
12-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Fatton for Fatwry. Ha ha ha.

lefty
12-12-2013, 10:23 PM
Knicks and Nyets both going after Lowry :lol

Beautiful

Jordanobili2320
12-12-2013, 10:24 PM
James Dolan is pretty much the Fredo Corleone of the Dolan family. The Knicks will probably never be good solely because of the tragic ownership that rids that miserable organization. He is also in the worst white guy blues band ever.

Chinook
12-12-2013, 11:17 PM
Why would Toronto take Felton and Metta? That adds $9 Million to their books. This smells like Knicks-generated garbage. The Raps are not buying a first five years down the line for that much money. Most likely it will end up being Felton and Shumpert and maybe a pick. Or the deal won't happen. Toronto has no incentive to take the Knicks' trash this far from the deadline.

lefty
12-12-2013, 11:24 PM
Why would Toronto take Felton and Metta? That adds $9 Million to their books. This smells like Knicks-generated garbage. The Raps are not buying a first five years down the line for that much money. Most likely it will end up being Felton and Shumpert and maybe a pick. Or the deal won't happen. Toronto has no incentive to take the Knicks' trash this far from the deadline.
Metta's contract has a player option so he wont be kept; around 3 millions
Fatton is around 3 million too

Lowry has a 6 million contract

So I guess Toronto will let Metta go and shed 3 millions in the process

But hey I could be way off :lol

DPG21920
12-12-2013, 11:27 PM
You are off, Lefty, but I never correct my homie Lefty.

lefty
12-12-2013, 11:30 PM
You are off, Lefty, but I never correct my homie Lefty.
:cry pls feel free to tell me where i'm off
:cry I want to learn pls

DPG21920
12-12-2013, 11:34 PM
MWP only makes about 1.5M per year. Next year is a player option for MWP, so he could elect to opt out or TOR could just buy him out this year. The key is Felton. Lowry is off the books next year, so taking Felton on means taking 2 years, 6M total extra. So if you are considering them getting Felton + Metta, they are taking anywhere from 6-8M extra.

Typically, a late first rounder costs 3M to buy outright. TOR, in principle, would be paying 6-8M for that pick since neither player can be considered an asset to them.

lefty
12-12-2013, 11:35 PM
MWP only makes about 1.5M per year. Next year is a player option for MWP, so he could elect to opt out or TOR could just buy him out this year. The key is Felton. Lowry is off the books next year, so taking Felton on means taking 2 years, 6M total extra. So if you are considering them getting Lowry + Metta, they are taking anywhere from 6-8M extra.

Typically, a late first rounder costs 3M to buy outright. TOR, in principle, would be paying 6-8M for that pick since neither player can be considered an asset to them.

I see, thanks :tu

Lol I was way off

Fucking Rotoworld

Holden_Caulfield
12-12-2013, 11:37 PM
why not just try getting lin back

DPG21920
12-12-2013, 11:38 PM
Nah - you weren't that far off. You're Lefty. Even when you're off, you're on.

lefty
12-12-2013, 11:38 PM
Nah - you weren't that far off. You're Lefty. Even when you're off, you're on.
TBH I got Metta'S contract details from Rotoworld :lol

DPG21920
12-12-2013, 11:41 PM
why not just try getting lin back

Because Lin isn't someone thats likely on the block (at least not for what NY could offer). Plus, it would make NY look really stupid to trade for him and give up assets when they could have just re-signed him and people don't like to look dumb. More importantly, Lowry is a low end gamble because he is off the books next year so you have options (try to re-sign him if he fits, or let him walk if not). Lin has another year after this one on his contract.

TOR gets rid of Lowry because they are tanking and he's walking anyways, so netting any asset (as long as you don't take back too much salary unless it's an upside young player on a rookie deal) is a win. Rockets are trying to win and Lin helps.

Holden_Caulfield
12-12-2013, 11:50 PM
Because Lin isn't someone thats likely on the block (at least not for what NY could offer). Plus, it would make NY look really stupid to trade for him and give up assets when they could have just re-signed him and people don't like to look dumb. More importantly, Lowry is a low end gamble because he is off the books next year so you have options (try to re-sign him if he fits, or let him walk if not). Lin has another year after this one on his contract.

TOR gets rid of Lowry because they are tanking and he's walking anyways, so netting any asset (as long as you don't take back too much salary unless it's an upside young player on a rookie deal) is a win. Rockets are trying to win and Lin helps.
Trading another future first round pick for a season rental, let alone getting raped by Ujiri once again is the bigger evil compared to trading for Lin. Lin offers more to the Knicks than lowry in the long run due to the same hype he got during linsanity and being familiar with the organization. This is of course assuming the Rox are willing to trade for Lin, which is likely so theyll have enough room to sign another star next season.

DPG21920
12-12-2013, 11:54 PM
It's not really raped IMO. Giving up a lottery protected first rounder (which I'm assuming it will be) for 6-9M is really actually a good deal especially considering you are getting the better player who gives you a shot at making the playoffs (and more revenues).

They moved on from Lin already. Unless the Rox move both Lin & Asik for expiring contracts, they won't have anywhere close to enough money to sign a star. Plus, like I said, they are trying to win now and Lin helps that.

Rogue
12-12-2013, 11:59 PM
Don't see why the Lockets would want to trade Rin, the guarantee of their sustained popularity in the Asian market, even though his salary will jump all the way up to 14m something next season.

Holden_Caulfield
12-13-2013, 12:07 AM
Lowry probably is the better all around player but imo Lin gives them a better chance of making the playoffs, hes a better team player than Lowry. Plus the Rockets are planning on trading Asik once theyre able to which is in about a week. So it only make sense for them to try trading Lin ASAP. Its not like its championship or bust for the rockets this season, they have Harden and Dwert signed up for the long haul, the better decision is try and make room to get that 3rd star player by moving Lin and Asik now rather than later.

Rogue
12-13-2013, 12:13 AM
I don't think they would have enough room for that "3rd" star even with Rin and Asik both off the book and nothing returned, just like DPG said. And it makes no sense for any other team to acquire Rin because the Asian Market is already a registered domain of the Rockets (guess that's why the Knicks refused to match Houston's offer to keep Rin, despite his amazing performances during that Rinsanity month). Rin is like a "quantum physics" book for a physics nerd (that the rockets are), which means he's of little value to anyone else imho.

DPG21920
12-13-2013, 12:13 AM
It pretty much is championship or bust. They don't want to regress at all. Even though they are moving ASIK (which is more about it not being a good fit, which is not the case with Lin), they are likely not getting expiring contracts back. So moving Lin makes even less sense in that case because they don't clear enough cap space to sign a star.

Chinook
12-13-2013, 12:37 AM
It's not really raped IMO. Giving up a lottery protected first rounder (which I'm assuming it will be) for 6-9M is really actually a good deal especially considering you are getting the better player who gives you a shot at making the playoffs (and more revenues).

They moved on from Lin already. Unless the Rox move both Lin & Asik for expiring contracts, they won't have anywhere close to enough money to sign a star. Plus, like I said, they are trying to win now and Lin helps that.

Thanks for clarifying with Lefty on my behalf. I can't see this being the best deal Toronto can get at all. Not only do teams usually not go over a couple of million for a first, they also tend not to buy picks so far down the line. They could probably get a late first in THIS draft, which seems infinitely more valuable than taking on those contracts for a pick in a draft that's almost certainly going to be weaker.

ace3g
12-13-2013, 01:38 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/dolan-blocks-knicks-deal-raptors-lowry-article-1.1546553

lefty
12-13-2013, 01:41 AM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/dolan-blocks-knicks-deal-raptors-lowry-article-1.1546553
DOLAN :lmao :lmao :lmao

Rogue
12-13-2013, 09:35 AM
Lockets are fooling themselves if they think they have a shot at the championships, not even an airball shot. they're just a paper tiger that will get immediately exposed come the playoffs, with 2nd round being their ceiling imho. They're just poor man's clippers tbh

ace3g
12-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Ken Berger @KBergCBS
(https://twitter.com/KBergCBS)Per @HCanPelister (https://twitter.com/HCanPelister/), Raptors GM Masai Ujiri was in Turkey yesterday scouting the Nets' Bojan Bogdanovic, potential piece in Kyle Lowry trade.

Baam
12-13-2013, 06:00 PM

Toronto has to get as bad as they can as soon as possible tbh... It's really hard to tank in the East with all these terrible teams...

Chinook
12-13-2013, 06:34 PM
Dolan needs to realize this is not the same situation as it was with Melo. The Knicks were fleeced then because they had great pieces and all the leverage. Now, they have crappy pieces and no leverage. Felton, Hardaway and Shumpert are a fair deal.

Seventyniner
12-14-2013, 05:35 PM
Dolan needs to realize this is not the same situation as it was with Melo. The Knicks were fleeced then because they had great pieces and all the leverage. Now, they have crappy pieces and no leverage. Felton, Hardaway and Shumpert are a fair deal.

How do you get fleeced when you have all the leverage?

Chinook
12-14-2013, 06:50 PM
How do you get fleeced when you have all the leverage?

Because you don't know what you're doing and you make a trade as if you're in a weak position instead of just being smart.

The Knicks had all the leverage in the Anthony trade. Denver had to move him, and the Knicks could have afforded to sign him that summer. But instead they got fleeced; they bought the Nuggets' bluff and gave up the world for no reason.

Seventyniner
12-14-2013, 07:31 PM
Because you don't know what you're doing and you make a trade as if you're in a weak position instead of just being smart.

The Knicks had all the leverage in the Anthony trade. Denver had to move him, and the Knicks could have afforded to sign him that summer. But instead they got fleeced; they bought the Nuggets' bluff and gave up the world for no reason.

I see your point now. Your original post was slightly misworded then.

The Knicks were fleeced then because they had great pieces and all the leverage.

"because they had" should be replaced with "despite having".

Chinook
12-14-2013, 07:42 PM
I see your point now. Your original post was slightly misworded then.

"because they had" should be replaced with "despite having".

Sure. I was more saying that they were fleeced BECAUSE they made the deal they did despite having the leverage. Making a similar deal now would not be getting fleeced because they have crap pieces and no leverage.

Essentially, they got ripped off because they didn't need to pay that much for Melo. They would not be getting ripped off with Lowery, because they DO need to pay that much for it to make sense for Toronto. They don't have to take on $9 Million to move Lowery, whereas Denver HAD to get something for Anthony.