PDA

View Full Version : sons we can LOL at good teams when they struggle, but the reality this season is ...

BRHornet45
12-12-2013, 10:51 PM
one of these 4 teams WILL win the Super Bowl this year. no one else will be a threat ....

Denver Broncos
New England Patriots
New Orleans Saints
Seattle Seahawks

MeloHype
12-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Denver will choke, so scratch them out

Holden_Caulfield
12-12-2013, 10:57 PM
49ers are my darkhorse SB champs, tbh

BRHornet45
12-12-2013, 11:02 PM
Denver will choke, so scratch them out

son IF the Saints are blessed to make it to the Super Bowl then I desperately want Denver in there with them. Brees has the edge on Manning when head to head... (even record vs one another, but Brees has Super Bowl win over Manning) ... plus Manning is shit in the snow. and snow will likely be the case in this disaster of a Super Bowl to be in New Jersey.

HI-FI
12-12-2013, 11:08 PM

For my own homer take, I think Niners could be the darkhorse team.

game respect game.

Clipper Nation
12-12-2013, 11:30 PM
The AFC is ripe for one of the mediocre lower seeds to go on a Giants-esque run, tbh.... the Pats and Donks are both extremely flawed teams...

dirk4mvp
12-12-2013, 11:39 PM
Denver isn't winning much of anything anytime their _efense is on the field that much more than their offense.

The Gemini Method
12-13-2013, 12:25 AM

Sorry Cuzzo, but the team that lost the Super Bowl and is in the top-10 this year is not a darkhorse. Carolina or the Eagles would be more darkhorse candidates than SF.

Pelicans78
12-13-2013, 12:28 AM
Sorry Cuzzo, but the team that lost the Super Bowl and is in the top-10 this year is not a darkhorse. Carolina or the Eagles would be more darkhorse candidates than SF.

Yeah, I thought San Fran got exposed on their win against the Seahawks. That game was much more important for the Niners and it was at home, yet it took them a last second FG to win. Basically, I see no way they could win in Seattle or on a neutral field.

Holden_Caulfield
12-13-2013, 12:34 AM
Only because they beat the seahawks :lol, but real talk, theyre as much of a darkhorse team as the panthers or eagles due to them being on the road throughout the playoffs, considering theyd either go through NO and/or Seattle to get to the superbowl. Theyre not the same team that went to the superbowl last year, well technically they are but theyre not the same "team".

The Gemini Method
12-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Hmmm...well, I recall them being one of the precession favorites. They beat Seattle because they wanted it more and didn't make dumbass mistakes like Sherman and others did. But I'm sure we will have a real darkhorse team in one of the leagues this year. I'm guessing Cincinnati.

Holden_Caulfield
12-13-2013, 12:47 AM
Hmmm...well, I recall them being one of the precession favorites. They beat Seattle because they wanted it more and didn't make dumbass mistakes like Sherman and others did. But I'm sure we will have a real darkhorse team in one of the leagues this year. I'm guessing Cincinnati.
Flacco elite might present a sequel, tbh. but their remaining schedule is brutal.

The Gemini Method
12-13-2013, 12:51 AM
Flacco elite might present a sequel, tbh. but their remaining schedule is brutal.

Yeah they're a dangerous team but they have the hardest remaining troika of games. Flaccid had one if the most memorable runs in last years playoffs. However, that D is wretched. Terell Suggs notwithstanding.

JohnnyMax
12-13-2013, 01:07 AM
I predict a wild card team comes out of the AFC. Kansas City essentially has a bye facing Indianapolis without Reggie Wayne. Philip Rivers and Joe Flacco own Peyton "choke artist" Manning.

TIMMYtoZO
12-13-2013, 01:21 AM
son IF the Saints are blessed to make it to the Super Bowl then I desperately want Denver in there with them. Brees has the edge on Manning when head to head... (even record vs one another, but Brees has Super Bowl win over Manning) ... plus Manning is shit in the snow. and snow will likely be the case in this disaster of a Super Bowl to be in New Jersey.

:lol Brees won't even make it to New York if he has to play in Seattle. He still doesn't even have a road playoff win, tbh.

TIMMYtoZO
12-13-2013, 01:24 AM
I predict a wild card team comes out of the AFC. Kansas City essentially has a bye facing Indianapolis without Reggie Wayne. Philip Rivers and Joe Flacco own Peyton "choke artist" Manning.

:lol Rivers is 1-3 against Manning since he joined Denver, tbh.

BRHornet45
12-13-2013, 01:24 AM
:lol Brees won't even make it to New York if he has to play in Seattle. He still doesn't even have a road playoff win, tbh.

look who is back! son glad to see you're back supporting "your" Giants. or have you jumped on another bandwagon that I missed?

lol you're a disgrace ... NY Giant fan, Miami Heat fan, etc. ... son you're everything this country was built against. damn shame what this place has become.

DeadlyDynasty
12-13-2013, 01:26 AM
Ravens will probably lose next week, but if they beat NE and CIN then a 9-7 record, including 8-4 in conference should be good enough

DeadlyDynasty
Yeah, I thought San Fran got exposed on their win against the Seahawks. That game was much more important for the Niners and it was at home, yet it took them a last second FG to win. Basically, I see no way they could win in Seattle or on a neutral field.

Agree completely

Clipper Nation
:lol Rivers is 1-3 against Manning since he joined Denver, tbh.
Last year, the Chargers were a pitiful excuse for a team in general, Philbilly had the worst year of his career, and Fivehead still had to come back from a 24-point deficit to win one of those games :lol

This year, Fivehead blew it at home and was thisclose to choking in San Diego as well :lol

TIMMYtoZO
12-13-2013, 01:27 AM
look who is back! son glad to see you're back supporting "your" Giants. or have you jumped on another bandwagon that I missed?

lol you're a disgrace ... NY Giant fan, Miami Heat fan, etc. ... son you're everything this country was built against. damn shame what this place has become.

:lol So Brees has won a road playoff game?

DeadlyDynasty
12-13-2013, 01:32 AM
Btw, if Brady wins the SB this year he deserves to go down as the greatest player in NFL history...I'll get shit for that but it's my honest opinion

TIMMYtoZO
12-13-2013, 01:32 AM
Last year, the Chargers were a pitiful excuse for a team in general, Philbilly had the worst year of his career, and Fivehead still had to come back from a 24-point lead to win one of those games :lol

This year, Fivehead blew it at home and was thisclose to choking in San Diego as well :lol

:lol A 28-6 blowout lead wasn't choking...it was dominating then coasting, tbh. The 24 point deficit was due to chemistry issues for the first 5.5 games of the season, which explained how easy that comeback was in the 2nd half when they finally clicked. Tonight, Denver coasted the entire game and still had a chance to tie at the end.

Clipper Nation
12-13-2013, 02:01 AM
:lol A 28-6 blowout lead wasn't choking...
Only ending up winning that game by a touchdown is nearly choking :lol

The 24 point deficit was due to chemistry issues for the first 5.5 games of the season
Doesn't matter, the Chargers were a horrendous team last year and should have never led by 24 to begin with....

Tonight, Denver coasted the entire game and still had a chance to tie at the end.
Wrong, the Chargers just gameplanned perfectly, running all over the Donks' piss-poor defense and keeping Fivehead on the sidelines as much as possible, tbh.... it seems that, more than anyone else, they've figured out the formula on how to shut down Denver, tbh.... not a surprise, since we hired the Donks' former real coach, tbh....

Pelicans78
12-13-2013, 02:24 AM
Btw, if Brady wins the SB this year he deserves to go down as the greatest player in NFL history...I'll get shit for that but it's my honest opinion

If he wins it with this team he has, you can make a good argument. I just don't see it with this current team. Wouldn't surprise me if they lose their first playoff game.

Pelicans78
12-13-2013, 02:25 AM
Only ending up winning that game by a touchdown is nearly choking :lol

Doesn't matter, the Chargers were a horrendous team last year and should have never led by 24 to begin with....

Wrong, the Chargers just gameplanned perfectly, running all over the Donks' piss-poor defense and keeping Fivehead on the sidelines as much as possible, tbh.... it seems that, more than anyone else, they've figured out the formula on how to shut down Denver, tbh.... not a surprise, since we hired the Donks' former real coach, tbh....

Chargers pretty much controlled the game tonight, especially after the 1st quarter.

Robz4000
12-13-2013, 04:29 AM
Chargers pretty much controlled the game tonight, especially after the 1st quarter.

This. Chargers shat all over Denver tonight.

Doubt San Diego makes the playoffs this year, but next year they could be deadly with Floyd and Alexander back and some improvements on D and O-line adjustments.

Raven
12-13-2013, 04:58 AM
This. Chargers shat all over Denver tonight.

Doubt San Diego makes the playoffs this year, but next year they could be deadly with Floyd and Alexander back and some improvements on D and O-line adjustments.

that would work if we weren't talking about the chargers..

AchillesHeel
12-13-2013, 05:09 AM
I'm expecting Peyton to choke in the playoffs per the usual, hopefully against my Pats :toast

Robz4000
12-13-2013, 06:21 AM
that would work if we weren't talking about the chargers..

:lol thus the could and not the will. It really is too bad the Chargers are the Cowboys of the AFC.

lefty
12-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Patriots can go to the SB without Gronk, but they can't win it without him

Just look at their last 2 SB appearances

lefty
12-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Also, watch out for those teams that barely clinch a playoff spot

Those teams gain momentum at the end of the regular season and can be dangerous

Darth_Pelican
12-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Patriots can go to the SB without Gronk, but they can't win it without him

Just look at their last 2 SB appearances

Unless they wind up having the luxury of playing a black QB in the Super Bowl. Then a Pats win is a lock.

lefty
12-13-2013, 10:20 AM
Unless they wind up having the luxury of playing a black QB in the Super Bowl.
and we all know thats not going to happen

The Gemini Method
12-13-2013, 11:40 AM
and we all know thats not going to happen

Yup. The Patriots ain't making it to the SB.

lefty
12-13-2013, 12:07 PM
Yup. The Patriots ain't making it to the SB.
Not what I meant

They wont meet a black QB in the SB :lol

BUMP
12-13-2013, 12:11 PM
Also, watch out for those teams that barely clinch a playoff spot

Those teams gain momentum at the end of the regular season and can be dangerous

This.

This isn't the NBA where everybody knows who will win the championship before the season even starts. In a one game scenario, anything can happen.

DPG21920
12-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Bump with the Ray Lewis analytical goods.

spurraider21
12-13-2013, 12:44 PM
^:lol

The Gemini Method
12-13-2013, 02:08 PM
I'd be extra careful of the Bengals and Eggles...Ginger Snaps and Napoleon Folesamite are dangerous...

Pelicans78
12-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Who's realistically good enough to beat the Seahawks in Seattle? No one really.

BUMP
12-14-2013, 01:09 AM
Bump with the Ray Lewis analytical goods.

lulz sorry I was lazy, guess i'll expand

just pointing out the fact that you can say what BR opened with for some sports (NBA) but not for others (NFL, MLB, NCAAB).

Picking the winner in the NFL and NCAAB is difficult only because it's one game. If Peyton Manning happens to spill pudding on his hands before a big playoff game and then happens to fumble 5 times because of it, well they lost and they're out. However, if Peyton Manning is playing a best of 7 he'll know not to do it again.

MLB is also a coin toss just because hitting a ball going 90 MPH+ is so random. When you get out 70% of the time you're considered an all star.

DPG21920
12-14-2013, 11:56 AM
For sure :lol I was messing with you. You don't have to elaborate because it's true. That's what makes NFL more exciting. I don't like it, but it's the nature of that sport. I would much rather watch a series like in the nba because you get less fluky results with often times just as much excitement, but in the NFL due to the physical nature of that game you just can't do it. It leads to incredible runs and upsets like you said which also has appeal.

Lincoln
12-14-2013, 01:23 PM
lulz sorry I was lazy, guess i'll expand

just pointing out the fact that you can say what BR opened with for some sports (NBA) but not for others (NFL, MLB, NCAAB).

Picking the winner in the NFL and NCAAB is difficult only because it's one game. If Peyton Manning happens to spill pudding on his hands before a big playoff game and then happens to fumble 5 times because of it, well they lost and they're out. However, if Peyton Manning is playing a best of 7 he'll know not to do it again.

MLB is also a coin toss just because hitting a ball going 90 MPH+ is so random. When you get out 70% of the time you're considered an all star.

yeah the 2007 patriots beats that giants team 99/100 times imo, but fluke shit happened like the Pats DB(Thomas?) dropping that pick, then eli dodging 3 potential sacks and throwing a pass downfield that gets caught in double coverage by a no name receiver who used his helmet who fell off the face of the earth after that play

lefty
12-14-2013, 01:54 PM
The Chargers will win the SB !

LETS WAIT AND SEE !!!!

Lincoln
12-14-2013, 02:09 PM
Well according to the Redskins curse, only the Chargers, Bears, and Raiders can win it this year (as of now).

For the past 3 years, we beat the SB champs in the regular season so looking at Avante's "trends" and "spots", betting all your money on SD or CHI is the right "play"

2010- beat the packers
2011- beat the Giants twice
2012- beat the Ravens
2013-?

spurraider21
12-15-2013, 08:12 PM
We can definitely lol at the saints tbh

BRHornet45
12-15-2013, 08:45 PM
We can definitely lol at the saints tbh

if they lose next week then yes most likely.

however LOL at the front runners coming in here acting all hard. playoffs are all that matter. the damn Giants won a Super Bowl with a 9-7 regular season record.

spurraider21
12-15-2013, 08:50 PM
true that. my team sucks complete ballsack, so all my "lol" comments are unbiased

BRHornet45
12-15-2013, 08:56 PM
true that. my team sucks complete ballsack, so all my "lol" comments are unbiased

no. you're just doing your usual Saints hating and trolling. nothing new.

spurraider21
12-15-2013, 08:59 PM
no. you're just doing your usual Saints hating and trolling. nothing new.
so losing to the rams ins't lol worthy?

and ur still on that even though i disproved it?

BRHornet45
12-15-2013, 09:04 PM

and ur still on that even though i disproved it?

quite honestly. I don't feel like going back and forth with your black ass tonight. not worth the time.

spurraider21
12-15-2013, 09:16 PM
quite honestly. I don't feel like going back and forth with your black ass tonight. not worth the time.
Son I've made some money taking your saints ATS this year several times. I just call a lol when I see it

Spur-Addict
12-15-2013, 09:19 PM
I see saltyness tbh :rollin

mojorizen7
12-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Nope.

The Gemini Method
12-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Eli in the giving mood today! :lol