PDA

View Full Version : sons real talk even though it won't happen, Brees should win MVP over Manning ...

BRHornet45
12-12-2013, 11:53 PM
simply for the bullshit in 2009. here me out.

sons call me a nut hugger all you want, but I will back them up with facts...... back during the 2009 season before Brees was a media darling like Manning he should have easily won the MVP award, but lost because Manning had more commercials on television. here are the facts ...

2009-10 Season

Saints: 13-3
Colts: 14-2

Drew Brees
Completion Percentage - 70.6 (NFL Leading)
Passing Yards - 4,388
Touchdowns - 34 (NFL Leading)
Interceptions - 11
Touchdown Percentage - 6.6 (NFL Leading)
Yards Per Attempt - 8.5
QB Rating - 109.6 (NFL Leading)

Peyton Manning
Completion Percentage - 68.8
Passing Yards - 4,500
Touchdowns - 33
Interceptions - 16
Touchdown Percentage - 5.8
Yards Per Attempt - 7.9
QB Rating - 99.9

so sons as you can see Brees led the NFL in 4 different categories while Manning didn't lead in anything. Brees had better numbers in every single category other than total yards (by about 100) and that was only because Manning threw the ball more (514 attempts compared to 571 attempts). however the media chose to award their hero at the time his 4th MVP award despite the fact that he didn't deserve it. oh ... and let's not forget the fact that only a few short weeks after Manning was awarded the regular season MVP award Brees went on to beat him in the Super Bowl and take home the MVP award in that game. Sean Payton said it best on the podium ... "the MVP of this game and the MVP of our league".

who gives a shit if Manning breaks the touchdown record this year? a fourth of his touchdowns have been 1-3 yard passes when they could have easily ran the ball for the score. again both teams will finish with near identical records and both Brees and Manning will have outstanding stats. even if Manning edges out Brees in the stats, this should be a makeup year for the bullshit travesty that happened in 2009.

Lincoln
12-12-2013, 11:56 PM
You could also say that all those Ball and Moreno goal line carries could've been passes as well so it goes both ways

HI-FI
12-12-2013, 11:58 PM
This shit don't make sense. Brees is the preeminent stat padder in the game. Brady got a lot of his record breaking TDs at the goalline, running up the score on opponents.

Sean Payton definitely deserves COTY though, no argument here.

Holden_Caulfield
I would give Brees the Most Valuable Player award this year but then last season happened, tbh...

HarlemHeat37
I don't care about Brees vs. Manning, tbh, but damn, this Broncos team probably goes 19-0 with Coach Payton, I love that nigga..

dirk4mvp
12-12-2013, 11:59 PM
What are the Donks and Saints defensive rankings, just curious tbh

BRHornet45
12-13-2013, 12:00 AM
This shit don't make sense. Brees is the preeminent stat padder in the game. Brady got a lot of his record breaking TDs at the goalline, running up the score on opponents.

no you are full of shit, bitter, and have bought into some of the hate that has been spewed on this board by Saints haters. Brees is no more of a stat padder than any other elite QB in the league.

when the Saints are up by a single score and Brees is throwing the ball ... Saints haters on here post ... "lol Brees stat padding".

when a team like the Patriots are up by 3 scores and Brady throws the ball .... I post "Brady is stat padding" ... Saints haters post absolutely nothing.

HarlemHeat37
12-13-2013, 12:01 AM
What are the Donks and Saints defensive rankings, just curious tbh

Saints 5th
Broncos 28th

Broncos are also currently missing 5 defensive starters and 4 of them aren't returning for the playoffs, tbh..

HI-FI
12-13-2013, 12:02 AM
no you are full of shit, bitter, and have bought into some of the hate that has been spewed on this board by Saints haters. Brees is no more of a stat padder than any other elite QB in the league.

when the Saints are up by a single score and Brees is throwing the ball ... Saints haters on here post ... "lol Brees stat padding".

when a team like the Patriots are up by 3 scores and Brady throws the ball .... I post "Brady is stat padding" ... Saints haters post absolutely nothing.
son I pray Nyquil doesn't face the Niners again.
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2013/11/18/Ett0TVV.gif

BRHornet45
12-13-2013, 12:04 AM

case and point. you hate. that's all you know how to do.

God bless you and your family this holiday season.

Pelicans78
Saints 5th
Broncos 28th

Broncos are also currently missing 5 defensive starters and 4 of them aren't returning for the playoffs, tbh..

Saints are missing a bunch of starters on defense as well from the start of training camp and they're all out for the season. Only Will Smith was an addition by subtraction.

dirk4mvp
Saints 5th
Broncos 28th

What's the deal with Champ? Is hit foot rotting off? Does it even matter after his performance against Smith last year?

Pelicans78
12-13-2013, 12:05 AM
I would give Brees the Most Valuable Player award this year but then last season happened, tbh...

Brees had to deal with the worst defense in history last season. The Saints were better offensively compared to this season.

HarlemHeat37
12-13-2013, 12:06 AM
What's the deal with Champ? Is hit foot rotting off? Does it even matter after his performance against Smith last year?

Can't stay on the field to get in game shape/shake off rust, so he's probably done, tbh..

Champ against Smith was terrible coaching, as I said in the game thread last year..he should have been covering Boldin all game, better matchup, tbh..he has struggled to cover speed receivers the past few years, coaches should have known that..

Pelicans78
12-13-2013, 12:07 AM

I honestly feel if the Niners face the Saints again in the playoffs, it really won't be close. The Niners won't be able to move the ball and if the Saints avoid turnovers then they will move the ball enough to win easily. The last game the Saints more than doubled the Niners in total yardage and would have won easily if the Saints didn't commit silly turnovers.

HarlemHeat37
12-13-2013, 12:08 AM
Saints are missing a bunch of starters on defense as well from the start of training camp and they're all out for the season. Only Will Smith was an addition by subtraction.

Saints have Coach Payton, tbh, he knows what to do with his team..

BRHornet45
12-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Saints 5th
Broncos 28th

first of all you didn't get it right. Saints are 6th, Broncos are 25th.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

regardless the defense doesn't matter considering both teams are offensive machines.

oh and JUST IN CASE you want to try that argument about the defense .... let's look back at 2009 to go back to the original topic of this thread .... Colts defense #18, Saints Defense # 25
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/year/2009

Pelicans78
12-13-2013, 12:10 AM

Rob Ryan has made just as much of an impact as Payton. The defense has been better overall compared to the offense. It's not Brees fault. The o-line hasn't played well and the Saints have no running game.

BRHornet45
12-13-2013, 12:10 AM
Brees had to deal with the worst defense in history last season. The Saints were better offensively compared to this season.

Brees also led the NFL in passing yards and touchdowns last season WITH the worst defense in NFL history ... but don't expect the haters to bring that up.

Holden_Caulfield
12-13-2013, 12:11 AM
Which is what Peyton is pretty much dealing with now. He needs to outscore his opponent every week just to overcome that pathetic defense.

Pelicans78
12-13-2013, 12:12 AM
first of all you didn't get it right. Saints are 6th, Broncos are 25th.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

regardless the defense doesn't matter considering both teams are offensive machines.

oh and JUST IN CASE you want to try that argument about the defense .... let's look back at 2009 to go back to the original topic of this thread .... Colts defense #18, Saints Defense # 25
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/year/2009

Brees should have won in 2009. He had a better year than Manning overall. I would give the nod to Manning this season because the offense has been better, but Manning has alot more help offensively than Brees. Better o-line, better weapons overall. Saints have a better defense, but the personal isn't that much better except for the d-line.

HarlemHeat37
12-13-2013, 12:12 AM
:lol I don't care about Manning/Brees, I was answering dirk's question..

I used DSRS rankings, FYI..

BRHornet45
12-13-2013, 12:13 AM
I honestly feel if the Niners face the Saints again in the playoffs, it really won't be close. The Niners won't be able to move the ball and if the Saints avoid turnovers then they will move the ball enough to win easily. The last game the Saints more than doubled the Niners in total yardage and would have won easily if the Saints didn't commit silly turnovers.

this x1000000000

I mean just look at the FACTS below. the Saints played a crappy game and still dominated those clowns. let them bitch and moan all they want.

http://i43.tinypic.com/rixhfo.jpg

spurraider21
am i allowed to disagree without being accused of being a saints hater, tbh?

Pelicans78
Which is what Peyton is pretty much dealing with now. He needs to outscore his opponent every week just to overcome that pathetic defense.

Even so, this defense isn't nearly as bad as what the Saints had last season. The Broncos offense is elite and the best offense since the 2007 Pats, but Manning has alot more help than Brees. Better o-line, better skilled players at the receiving spot. Brees has to rely on his TEs and RBs while Manning has much better WRs.

Pelicans78
12-13-2013, 12:15 AM
:lol I don't care about Manning/Brees, I was answering dirk's question..

I used DSRS rankings, FYI..

I use them to for my rankings. The Broncos have a terrible defense and Manning has carried them. He should be the MVP this season.

dirk4mvp
12-13-2013, 12:15 AM
Relying on Jimmy Graham is such a burden tbh :lol

BRHornet45
12-13-2013, 12:16 AM
am i allowed to disagree without being accused of being a saints hater, tbh?

no. you will be my enemy if you do. that's just how it goes son.

Pelicans78
Saints have Coach Payton, tbh, he knows what to do with his team..

He's definitely doing his best coaching job this season. But Rob Ryan is doing some work too.

Clipper Nation
Sons, I've been a doubter in him this year, but even the Philbilly looks like more of an MVP than Fivehead, tbh.... he's having a revival season with an injury-riddled team of scrubs and Jizzenhunt calling the plays :lol

Pelicans78
12-13-2013, 12:17 AM

That's basically it and he's been hurt this year as well. He doesn't much at the receiver spot. Colston is basically a possession receiver and no one else is consistently getting open. The o-line hasn't been good either and Brees has no running game to rely on.

Holden_Caulfield
12-13-2013, 12:17 AM
Even so, this defense isn't nearly as bad as what the Saints had last season. The Broncos offense is elite and the best offense since the 2007 Pats, but Manning has alot more help than Brees. Better o-line, better skilled players at the receiving spot. Brees has to rely on his TEs and RBs while Manning has much better WRs.
Sounds like youre arguing that the Saints Defense are the catalyst for the success this season :lol

BRHornet45
12-13-2013, 12:18 AM

lol ignorance at it's finest!

Jimmy is a beast, but son at least look up the facts before spewing such nonsense. you do realize that Brees hits more receivers than arguably any other QB in the game right?

Colston and Moore have been off this year so Graham has picked up the slack and has done an incredible job of doing so. however we all saw Colston last week vs the Panthers come back for 2 touchdowns. I hope my nigga is back for good.

Pelicans78
12-13-2013, 12:19 AM
But still I would have Manning right now as the MVP. Unfortunately Brady will start getting some hype even though the Pats are more lucky than good. This is their worst team in years and have a chance to get homefield.

Pelicans78
12-13-2013, 12:21 AM
Sounds like youre arguing that the Saints Defense are the catalyst for the success this season :lol

Oh they've been better than the offense overall, but Brees has been very good himself. He just doesn't have alot around him like in years past except for Graham and Sproles. But he's played really well overall, but the Saints offense hasn't been nearly as good as in 2009 or 2011. That's why Manning gets the edge because the Broncos have an elite offense.

dirk4mvp
12-13-2013, 12:23 AM
lol ignorance at it's finest!

Jimmy is a beast, but son at least look up the facts before spewing such nonsense. you do realize that Brees hits more receivers than arguably any other QB in the game right?

Colston and Moore have been off this year so Graham has picked up the slack and has done an incredible job of doing so. however we all saw Colston last week vs the Panthers come back for 2 touchdowns. I hope my nigga is back for good.

Son maybe if you asked nicely people would stop posting things that are slightly negative about the aints and stop making you so touchy and defensive....tbh

BRHornet45
12-13-2013, 12:24 AM
Sons, I've been a doubter in him this year, but even the Philbilly looks like more of an MVP than Fivehead, tbh.... he's having a revival season with an injury-riddled team of scrubs and Jizzenhunt calling the plays :lol

son damn good win for you guys tonight. I kinda expect it to be honest.

Rivers has been looking damn good and deserves to be a top 5 MVP candidate if his stats hold up.

BRHornet45
12-13-2013, 12:25 AM
Son maybe if you asked nicely people would stop posting things that are slightly negative about the aints and stop making you so touchy and defensive....tbh

son this coming from someone with a signature gif of arguably the most obnoxious piece of white shit in all of college basketball history?? LOLZZZZZZZ

dirk4mvp
12-13-2013, 12:27 AM
son this coming from someone with a signature gif of arguably the most obnoxious piece of white shit in all of college basketball history?? LOLZZZZZZZ

Hatin on an sec champ is uneccesary and downright rude tbh

MeloHype
12-13-2013, 12:27 AM
Peyton has been stat padding all season tbh. Neither Brees or Peyton should win MVP. NFL should hand Rodgers the MVP trophy right now

Clipper Nation
12-13-2013, 12:29 AM
son damn good win for you guys tonight. I kinda expect it to be honest.

Rivers has been looking damn good and deserves to be a top 5 MVP candidate if his stats hold up.
He's winning me over again, tbh.... he's not making as many dumb mistakes anymore and when he's on, the offense is unstoppable (which is scary, considering that a third-round rookie is our best receiver and our running backs are Mathews and Woodhead)...

We just need to upgrade the secondary and hope Ingram can play a full season next year and we'll be able to make some noise in the AFC, imho....

BRHornet45
12-13-2013, 12:30 AM
He's winning me over again, tbh.... he's not making as many dumb mistakes anymore and when he's on, the offense is unstoppable (which is scary, considering that a third-round rookie is our best receiver and our running backs are Mathews and Woodhead)...

son his little brother was going to be the next LSU QB, but got beat out by monkeyballism and has been demoted to holding the clip board all season.

Pelicans78
12-13-2013, 12:32 AM

We just need to upgrade the secondary and hope Ingram can play a full season next year and we'll be able to make some noise in the AFC, imho....

Big fan of McCoy. He's reenergized that franchise.

Clipper Nation
12-13-2013, 12:33 AM
son his little brother was going to be the next LSU QB, but got beat out by monkeyballism and has been demoted to holding the clip board all season.

Son, Les claims there's going to be an "open quarterback competition" starting with the bowl practices, hopefully Philbilly Junior can beat out Monkeyballer Jennings for the job, tbh....

BRHornet45
12-13-2013, 12:34 AM
Son, Les claims there's going to be an "open quarterback competition" starting with the bowl practices, hopefully Philbilly Junior can beat out Monkeyballer Jennings for the job, tbh....

give me a break.

Flintstones32
12-13-2013, 12:36 AM
regular season awards mean shit. Tell me who will be super bowl mvp. sure as hell won't be a Lion....they get to watch on their couches as the Bears snatch the division away from their clawless paws.

The Gemini Method
12-13-2013, 12:37 AM
Keenan Allen is far from a scrub and Woodhead is whiteman Sproles.

Holden_Caulfield
12-13-2013, 12:37 AM
regular season awards mean shit. Tell me who will be super bowl mvp. sure as hell won't be a Lion....they get to watch on their couches as the Bears snatch the division away from their clawless paws.
All those high draft picks :lol

Flintstones32
12-13-2013, 12:39 AM
All those high draft picks :lol

its fucking depressing lol. but SOL. ( same ole Lions)

BRHornet45
12-13-2013, 12:40 AM

I can't lie though I'm straight up mad about it.

if only Brees had as many commercials on TV in 2009!!!

Pelicans78
12-13-2013, 12:42 AM
I can't lie though I'm straight up mad about it.

if only Brees had as many commercials on TV in 2009!!!

The voters looked at the Colts having a better record and that was it even though the Saints were clearly more dominant that season and Brees had a better year overall.

Holden_Caulfield
12-13-2013, 12:43 AM
its fucking depressing lol. but SOL. ( same ole Lions)
Wasting Megatrons years like you wasted Barry Sanders, sorry bro :cry

Flintstones32
12-13-2013, 12:44 AM
Wasting Megatrons years like you wasted Barry Sanders, sorry bro :cry

ya know. me and my buddy were talking about that after the philly game. I almost just want to see CJ go to another team just to see what he could accomplish with a real organization. It is such a waste.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-13-2013, 12:45 AM
Sean Payton is that nigga. wish he would have stayed in dallas, romo would be so much better than he already is under paytons system. ugh.

Clipper Nation
12-13-2013, 12:46 AM
ya know. me and my buddy were talking about that after the philly game. I almost just want to see CJ go to another team just to see what he could accomplish with a real organization. It is such a waste.
Megatron needs to go to San Diego, tbh.... Keenan Allen and CJ :drool:

BRHornet45
12-13-2013, 12:48 AM
Sean Payton is that nigga. wish he would have stayed in dallas, romo would be so much better than he already is under paytons system. ugh.

son at least Jerry can laugh about it nowadays ...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WtdXDEP9fck/S8yZM9B7K7I/AAAAAAAABI0/d9ry2Wcw_pA/s1600/jerry+and+payton.jpg

Pelicans78
12-13-2013, 12:49 AM

When Payton was first hired by the Saints, he tried to trade for Romo but Parcells said no. That's when they went after Brees.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-13-2013, 12:50 AM
son at least Jerry can laugh about it nowadays ...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WtdXDEP9fck/S8yZM9B7K7I/AAAAAAAABI0/d9ry2Wcw_pA/s1600/jerry+and+payton.jpg

ugh.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-13-2013, 12:53 AM
When Payton was first hired by the Saints, he tried to trade for Romo but Parcells said no. That's when they went after Brees.
I wish Parcells would have said yes. Tony doesnt deserve playing for this shit organization, it would have been nice to see him ring.

Lincoln
12-13-2013, 01:06 AM

Make sure you get rid of Jizz though, so he doesn't cost your team a win against the worst team in the nfl by passing it three times at first and goal from the 6 inch line :lol

Clipper Nation
12-13-2013, 01:22 AM
Make sure you get rid of Jizz though, so he doesn't cost your team a win against the worst team in the nfl by passing it three times at first and goal from the 6 inch line :lol
He's going to be the Texans' new head coach, tbh :lol

HI-FI
12-13-2013, 02:32 AM

i remember telling my brother that I thought Payton was one of the best playcallers with Dallas. Now he is THE playcaller, helping put Brees in the MVP conversation.

HI-FI
12-13-2013, 02:35 AM
case and point. you hate. that's all you know how to do.

God bless you and your family this holiday season.
us haters need to stick together.

Hope you and the fam have a blessed holiday as well.

The Gemini Method
12-13-2013, 03:08 AM
Both have losses to marginal teams. Unfortunately, Manning has been slurped into the MVP by the media from the beginning.

BRHornet45
12-13-2013, 03:20 AM
Both have losses to marginal teams. Unfortunately, Manning has been slurped into the MVP by the media from the beginning.

mad respect to you Gemini

The Gemini Method
12-13-2013, 03:37 AM
mad respect to you Gemini

New Orleans is my 2nd choice out of the NFC. He's been a top-3 QB for a long time and gets overlooked by the media. Dude saved a football franchise and galvanized a city. I never believed in MVP awards when It's a team sport being played. But Brees sure deserves to be recognized.

Raven
12-13-2013, 03:39 AM
tbh i'm a peyton hater but i think it was right to give it to him in 2009 and it still is right to give it to him this year.

lefty
12-15-2013, 04:47 PM
lol

BRHornet45
12-15-2013, 04:53 PM
lol one bad game and you about to cum

lefty
12-15-2013, 04:59 PM
MVPs dont have 1 bad game

AchillesHeel
12-15-2013, 05:00 PM
crofl 2 INTs and it's still the first quarter

MVP my ass

BRHornet45
12-15-2013, 05:02 PM
MVPs dont have 1 bad game

ummm yes they do. Manning has played like shit twice this year.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-15-2013, 05:06 PM
great thread, br.

perfect analysis and it shows on the field

BRHornet45
12-15-2013, 05:08 PM
great thread, br.

listen here Cuckold ... I already told you to put the gag ball in your mouth and get your ass back in the closet. real men are talking football today.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-15-2013, 05:10 PM
listen here Cuckold ... I already told you to put the gag ball in your mouth and get your ass back in the closet. real men are talking football today.

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/748/810/810748.jpg

lefty
12-15-2013, 05:13 PM
great thread, br.

:lol

BRHornet45
12-15-2013, 05:16 PM
gotta love it when fans of teams who have literally been anally raped by the Saints come in here to talk noise :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-15-2013, 05:17 PM
this thread =

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1192771/breesnooooooo.gif

Clipper Nation
12-15-2013, 05:18 PM
No Lyfe Welcher salty that Brees is still more of an MVP than Cum could ever dream of being :lmao

AchillesHeel
12-22-2013, 04:10 PM
:lmao

resistanze
12-22-2013, 04:13 PM
Lol son how did you beat me to this thread?

SanAntonioSpurs23
12-22-2013, 04:14 PM
:lol

spurraider21
12-22-2013, 04:17 PM
:cry you're all haters

-brPELICAN

HI-FI
12-24-2013, 02:53 AM
Brees is the MVP of Home Games tbh.

TheCultOfPersonality
12-24-2013, 08:36 AM