PDA

View Full Version : Blazers: Great NBA playoffs moment : Blazers absolutely dominate the Lakers

lefty
12-13-2013, 02:15 AM
.... until the 4th quarter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLyHKhpYLmU

Splits
12-13-2013, 02:34 AM
Damn Shaq was beasting fuckers back then. Kirbs with some nice assists to go with his 40% volume scoring

The Gemini Method
12-13-2013, 03:17 AM
3Peat Beginnings! Good times!

Deuce Bigalow
12-13-2013, 03:19 AM
Damn Shaq was beasting fuckers back then. Kirbs with some nice assists to go with his 40% volume scoring
Kirb leading team in points assists rebounds and blocks and clutch 4th quarter tbh

Venti Quattro
12-13-2013, 03:26 AM
:lmao missing 15 straight shots

:cry :cry but the game was rigged

The Gemini Method
12-13-2013, 03:32 AM
Got turnt up that night! Godbless Phil J.

Sean Cagney
12-13-2013, 03:35 AM
How the fuck you blow this game and TBH the Memorial day MIRACLE a year before would prove that team is cursed. They could have been back to back champs or atleast in one finals there to win it all but they failed to even get there.

spurraider21
12-13-2013, 03:37 AM
:lmao missing 15 straight shots

:cry :cry but the game was rigged
the lakers missed a lot of shots too, but they didn't count since they were given free throws

HI-FI
12-13-2013, 03:38 AM
Lakers probably lose this game and series, along with the 2002 Kings game 6 and series if it was played in today's era, tbh..

There would be far more media coverage and outcry over the officiating in the social media era, the NBA wouldn't have been able to play that shit, tbh..

Credit to them, though, a W is a W, tbh..

qft. i've said the same as well, there would be far more uproar, people sharing gifs or clips of the shenanigans. look how defensive Stern got when people online started making fun of the Hornets getting the number 1 pick.

Kool Bob Love
12-13-2013, 03:45 AM
Man that game was CRAZY.

scanry
12-13-2013, 03:50 AM
I hate to bring this up, but what would've happened had the Lakers lost that day?

I actually think Shaq would've wanted Kobe traded.

spurraider21
12-13-2013, 04:00 AM
if kobe didn't throw shaq under the bus, they probably could have won 2 or more additional rings together

KaiRMD1
12-13-2013, 09:57 AM
No wonder it's taken over ten years for the Blazers to fix things. Bad luck like this, Oden, Brandon Roy, JailBlazers, you name it. Clearly they are a guest team

tlongII
12-13-2013, 10:02 AM
The game was fixed.

lefty
12-13-2013, 10:02 AM
lol tlongII (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=158) viewed this thread

lol took the bait

lol faggit

Killakobe81
12-13-2013, 10:05 AM
I was at that game. It was awesome until the rioting started ...
A random white dude hugged me after the Shaq to Kobe alley-oop ...

Underrated plays Kobe "snuffing" bonzi on the block
A bank 3 by shaw
Another key 3 by Horry

GREAT stuff ...

Suspect
12-13-2013, 10:12 AM
How the fuck you blow this game and TBH the Memorial day MIRACLE a year before would prove that team is cursed. They could have been back to back champs or atleast in one finals there to win it all but they failed to even get there.

How did the spurs blow game 6?

Thread
12-13-2013, 10:28 AM
That was as close to the abyss as I'd ever want to be. (Media) had Daddy in their sights. Lord.

- "We can laugh about it now. We're okay."

- John Candy - "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-13-2013, 10:35 AM
:lmao

Killakobe81
12-13-2013, 11:49 AM
That was as close to the abyss as I'd ever want to be. (Media) had Daddy in their sights. Lord.

- "We can laugh about it now. We're okay."

- John Candy - "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"

That was our Game 6 moment, Cully.
Shaq would of been trashed and the cracks in that foundation, would of widened and deepened ... the power struggle between Shaqobe would of started sooner
And we may not have 16 or 5>4

thank god for those jailblazers ...

The Gemini Method
12-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Lookit all these salty fucks! Killa! Man, that would've been a great game to be at.

Thread
12-13-2013, 11:57 AM
... yep, that was the faultline. On the precipice of utter calamity. Media had already been ridng Daddy mercilessly. & Daddy's reaction on the restraining ropes after that '00 Finals is the truth. A sobering sight that took the joy out of the moment.

Vecsey, in the basement of Staples immediately afterward ashen faced talking about Bird in abstract. They wanted that one for Bird and a throwback to the Celtic stream. It wasn't cast that way during that Finals, but, that was the aim and goal and they'd a trotted it out in full force had it went that way.

Leetonidas
12-13-2013, 12:12 PM
Even though I hated them as a kid, I appreciate those Laker teams now. This era sucks compared to a decade ago tbh

lefty
12-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Even though I hated them as a kid, I appreciate those Laker teams now. This era sucks compared to a decade ago tbh
true true

Leetonidas
12-13-2013, 12:25 PM
I may be biased though because Tim Duncan was in his prime a decade ago :lol

lefty
12-13-2013, 12:39 PM
I may be biased though because Tim Duncan was in his prime a decade ago :lol
no that era was less shitty tbh

Killakobe81
12-13-2013, 01:13 PM
I hate to bring this up, but what would've happened had the Lakers lost that day?

I actually think Shaq would've wanted Kobe traded.

you are probably right ... West wouldnt have it though ...

Killakobe81
12-13-2013, 01:16 PM
Lookit all these salty fucks! Killa! Man, that would've been a great game to be at.

It was. Not being at Game 7finals in 2010 is a regret. And why I hate living outside SO Cal ...
That being said I have been fortunate to be in Memphis and attended the game when Kobe passed West.
I was also at the Kobe/roger Mason big balls game in San Antonio ...
But no sporting event I have attended has touched that game ...and I did attend a few games in Showtime era including against the Drexler Vandeweghe Blazers and a sixers game with Moses and doc ...I was too young to appreciate hoops fully back then though ...

lefty
12-13-2013, 01:19 PM
It was. Not being at Game 7finals in 2010 is a regret. And why I hate living outside SO Cal ...
That being said I have been fortunate to be in Memphis and attended the game when Kobe passed West.
I was also at the Kobe/roger Mason big balls game in San Antonio ...
But no sporting event I have attended has touched that game ...and I did attend a few games in Showtime era including against the Drexler Vandeweghe Blazers and a sixers game with Moses and doc ...I was too young to appreciate hoops fully back then though ...

http://i.imgur.com/M1WHf.gif

Sean Cagney
12-13-2013, 02:33 PM
How did the spurs blow game 6?

They did, but atleast they got 4 other titles to make you feel a little better after one blown series. I am pretty sure that stacked Blazers team should have won atleast one title if they do not blow the leads. The Spurs never had a 4th Quarter 15 pt lead in game 6 and they were surely not up as big as Portland during the memorial day miracle. Pop blew the series by sitting TIM and I stick by that.

The Gemini Method
12-13-2013, 02:36 PM
I only got to see one Finals game and that was Game 1 vs the New Jersey Nets and it wasn't very climatic... :cry :cry

lefty
03-13-2014, 10:40 AM
lol fergit

ambchang
03-13-2014, 10:47 AM
Phenomenal game. Lakers had more FTAs in the fourth quarter than the Blazers did the entire game!

But that shouldn't come as a surprise, because we KNOW that in close elimination games, if the Lakers are down entering the fourth, they will get a ton of FTs. We saw that with the Kings in 02, and again with the Celtics in 10.

Someone, I cannot recall any other team having that level of disparity in FTa in the fourth quarter under those circumstances in the last 15 years, and yet the Lakers had THREE which eventually led to rings.

Coincidence.