PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: MVPau blames D'Antoni's system on down season

RsxPiimp
12-13-2013, 03:49 PM
Before the Los Angeles Lakers boarded a plane for Friday's game at the Oklahoma City Thunder, Pau Gasol was adamant that he believes he simply does not fit in Mike D'Antoni's system and blamed the coach's offense for his poor play this season.

"The fact that I'm not getting the ball in the post affects directly my aggressiveness," he said. "When I'm not getting the ball where I want to, where I'm most effective, where I can bang guys and utilize my skill, that affects my aggressiveness and overall intensity.

"This year hasn't been ideal, certain things are not ideal for me, but that's not going to change any time soon."

When asked why the season has not been ideal, Gasol said: "What do you think? I'm not going to say anything, but it's easy to see. You see a guy with a certain skill set, where does it fit better, where it doesn't."

Gasol said he has not talked at all to D'Antoni about his role and sounded irked.

"I don't pay attention," Gasol said of D'Antoni's criticism about his toughness. "Mike is sometimes all over the place, I don't give much credit to things like that."

RsxPiimp
12-13-2013, 03:50 PM
:lol Gasol is asking for a trade tbh, since he knows damn well D'Antoni is not gonna be canned this season.

Bill_Brasky
12-13-2013, 03:52 PM
Bonner for pau DO IT MITCH SPREAD THAT FLOOR

RsxPiimp
12-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Gasol for Randloph honestly.

HarlemHeat37
12-13-2013, 04:23 PM
Pau should no longer be the #1 big on a title team, obviously, it's been evident for a few years..he has clearly stopped giving a fuck about basketball, with his constant complaining and sulking..I can't really blame him, tbh, the Lakers milked him for everything, yet he rarely receives credit for his contributions, and he's had to deal with a cancerous star player for years, tbh..

Both Kobe and Gasol are better suited as #3 guys on title teams at this point, tbh, yet the Lakers ownership wants to run a system around their abilities..sucks for D'Antoni, always the scapegoat..

RD2191
12-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Poor Pau, all he wants to do is bang guys.

apalisoc_9
12-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Poor Pau, all he wants to do is bang guys.

:lol

DMC
12-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Pau no longer wants to play with Kobe. He was ok as long as Kobe was out, but now Kobe's back he's done. There's nothing wrong with Mike's system per se, it's how the system fits with the talent that's the problem. You cannot blame that on Mike though, he does what he does. If you hired Picasso to paint, you'd get a Picasso painting. It might not look right in your den, but that's not Picasso's fault. Not calling Mike Picasso, both are overrated, but we've seen Mike's system work before in the regular season so we know it can work.

To Paut, take less money, play for a team that can utilize your skillset or shut your cock socket.

RsxPiimp
12-13-2013, 04:55 PM
“It’s also a nice excuse not to play hard,” D’Antoni said. “That’s a classic, ‘I don’t know what I’m supposed to do.’ Well, you don’t have trouble getting up to the paystub line. You know what you need to do to get your check. You know what to do. They will. They’ll figure it out.”

“That’s one thing. They don’t want to do it that way. I understand that. That’s when you have to accept it or not. But there’s no reason not to play hard.”

Drama

RsxPiimp
12-13-2013, 04:56 PM
DAntoni is quite possibly one if the most brutally honest coach out there, I like this guy honestly.

Killakobe81
12-13-2013, 05:06 PM
Pau should no longer be the #1 big on a title team, obviously, it's been evident for a few years..he has clearly stopped giving a fuck about basketball, with his constant complaining and sulking..I can't really blame him, tbh, the Lakers milked him for everything, yet he rarely receives credit for his contributions, and he's had to deal with a cancerous star player for years, tbh..

Both Kobe and Gasol are better suited as #3 guys on title teams at this point, tbh, yet the Lakers ownership wants to run a system around their abilities..sucks for D'Antoni, always the scapegoat..

Tough to say that for sure about Kobe I would think a good #2 if healthy and he had the right #1 ...
As for Pau ... as you said regardless of the lack of recognition for what he has done he hasnt been worth a damn for a minute.
Mitch would be wise to trade Pau even for a first rounder and a legit PF/C no way he nets a "star" but anyone that could play defense and rebound would be welcome tbh ...

Oh and LOL he wants post touches but gets rooted out the post by lightweights like David Lee ...

CubanMustGo
12-13-2013, 05:50 PM
D'Antoni's response: "play harder". No joke: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10133975/los-angeles-lakers-mike-dantoni-pau-gasol-complaints-play-harder

You expected anything else from the master who brought us "go, go, go" as a coaching mantra?

RsxPiimp
12-13-2013, 06:02 PM
D'Antoni's response: "play harder". No joke: http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10133975/los-angeles-lakers-mike-dantoni-pau-gasol-complaints-play-harder

You expected anything else from the master who brought us "go, go, go" as a coaching mantra?

That's all Pau needs to do. Its always been a question of effort. This goes way back when Phil was still coaching the team. See Mavs-Lakers series, Game 4.

The Gemini Method
12-13-2013, 06:14 PM
Oh...the vitriol is starting to eat away at the beloved Lakeshow...

DAF86
12-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Kobe changes everybody's mood, tbh.

Rogue
12-13-2013, 08:01 PM
Pau just not the right fit for MDA's system and Pau was being 100% true to it. MDA's system favors bigs who can run and gun, and those explosive ones who can be excellent finishers of pick-and-rolls, while Pau is clearly better fitted for the type of offense that's based on half-court and played at a low tempo. You can't blame neither Pau nor MDA though, it was just the wrong marriage to begin with. Like, our goddess and Reynolds were divorced two years ago but whose fault was it? who was to be blamed for a failed marriage?

jimbo
12-13-2013, 08:27 PM
No one's posted one of the more important parts of the article

According to Synergy Sports, the Lakers are averaging a league-low 0.67 points per possession on post-up plays, prompting D'Antoni to tell the Times, "I can't lie to him. ... Our numbers tell us the worst thing we do is post up."

Saying play harder might be true tbh. Even if he goes off tonight it don't matter if he can't keep it up. Regardless of system, Pau's consistently played like a pussy since Shannon Brown fucked his girlfriend/wife or whatever

Thread
12-13-2013, 10:56 PM
Pau can't move any longer. His legs & feet are dead. I feel blessed we extracted 2 from him.

TDMVPDPOY
12-13-2013, 11:16 PM
MDA system doesnt work in la anyway, run n gun pick n roll with who? kobe? dude never passes...then u have nash whose busy camping on the sidelines every game...

a roster with a bunch of no names

scanry
12-14-2013, 12:03 AM
I say trade him to the Clippers for Deandre. Win win situation for both the ball clubs.

TheCultOfPersonality
12-14-2013, 12:32 AM
No one's posted one of the more important parts of the article

Saying play harder might be true tbh. Even if he goes off tonight it don't matter if he can't keep it up. Regardless of system, Pau's consistently played like a pussy since Shannon Brown fucked his girlfriend/wife or whatever
Pau has always played like a pussy tbh.

Thread
12-14-2013, 12:36 AM
Pau has always played like a pussy tbh.

The goods. He lucked out and faced that jackass Howard in '09 and then Perkins took a powder at the top of Game 6 in '10. Otherwise, I'm sittin' here with my dick in my hand at 4-3 Duncan over the tired old shit bag Kobe.

Splits
12-14-2013, 12:38 AM
The goods. He lucked out and faced that jackass Howard in '09 and then Perkins took a powder at the top of Game 6 in '10. Otherwise, I'm sittin' here with my dick in my hand at 4-3 Duncan over the tired old shit bag Kobe.

Pretty sure your dick is in your hand either way

Thread
12-14-2013, 12:40 AM
Pretty sure your dick is in your hand either way

You ever see your mother take a 14-incher?

Splits
12-14-2013, 12:42 AM
You ever see your mother take a 14-incher?

since she's dead, no. But if I did I wouldn't have my dick in my hand

Thread
12-14-2013, 12:43 AM
since she's dead, no. But if I did I wouldn't have my dick in my hand

When you mother was alive did you ever watch your parents fucking?