PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love Taxing that Ass

DMC
12-13-2013, 10:08 PM
:lmao

The greatest PF ever tbqh...

SpurPadre
12-13-2013, 10:11 PM
I will always hate that fucker after he openly questioned TD being in the All Star roster a couple years ago.

exstatic
12-13-2013, 10:24 PM
Love is a 35% 3 point shooter. He's 8-9 tonight. That's a +15pts over the norm.

Sean Cagney
12-13-2013, 10:40 PM
Love is a 35% 3 point shooter. He's 8-9 tonight. That's a +15pts over the norm.

Go figure someone would just explode on the Spurs, seems to usually happen when someone shoots over their norm. Nothing new there TBH.

Bill_Brasky
12-13-2013, 10:42 PM
ran outta gas, TD made all the plays in the fourth. :cry warrior

Shastafarian
12-13-2013, 10:43 PM

The greatest PF ever tbqh...

Love doesn't have to fight the urge to commit crime so he's one up on all the black power forwards. Right?

spurraider21
12-13-2013, 10:45 PM
ran outta gas, TD made all the plays in the fourth. :cry warrior
rope a dope tbh

james evans
12-13-2013, 10:56 PM
love is a good scorer and great rebounder, but he can't stop anyone to save his life. that's the reason the wolves are never going anywhere until they put some defensive pieces around him. he's like dirk. dirk could score the ball all day and even get u about 10 boards a game, but he will never be known for defense.. and their center right now, Non, isn't the one to protect the basket..

DMC
12-13-2013, 10:56 PM
Love doesn't have to fight the urge to commit crime so he's one up on all the black power forwards. Right?

lol I destroyed you.

freetiago
12-13-2013, 10:57 PM
If Splitter plays then he scores 25ish tbh...
Duncan was forced to guard him in pick and rolls and hes probably the worst perimeter big defensively in the game
Spurs gameplan on playing Rubio tight was really bad also
give Rubio the Rondo defense and Love won't be getting wide open 3s all day

Sean Cagney
12-13-2013, 10:57 PM
love is a good scorer and great rebounder, but he can't stop anyone to save his life. that's the reason the wolves are never going anywhere until they put some defensive pieces around him. he's like dirk. dirk could score the ball all day and even get u about 10 boards a game, but he will never be known for defense.. and their center right now, Non, isn't the one to protect the basket..
Love is the ultimate stat padder IMO, not a leader nor a great defender (Or even good). He is talented but overall he lacks IMO sides his Offense and rebounds. He puts up alot of empty stats.

DMC
12-13-2013, 10:59 PM
Love is the ultimate stat padder IMO, not a leader nor a great defender (Or even good). He is talented but overall he lacks IMO sides his Offense and rebounds. He puts up alot of empty stats.

His 42 points weren't empty stats. The Spurs didn't think so. If we acquired Love, this place would explode.

ohmwrecker
12-13-2013, 11:00 PM
Duh.

Sean Cagney
12-13-2013, 11:02 PM
His 42 points weren't empty stats. The Spurs didn't think so. If we acquired Love, this place would explode.

I just said he is a stat padder and I mean that. He can board and score yes but he can't play D nor is he a leader of a team that will win a title! He is a part I would take on my team yes! Who would not for the right price? I would not want him as my leader though.

james evans
12-13-2013, 11:05 PM
if we acquired love, we'd be a 2nd round exit team for sure. diaw, splitter, and especially duncan are all better defensively than he is. basketball isn't like football. after you've played on the offensive end, you must come down and play defense as well. and i don't think popovich would be too happy about a 3 point shooting pf. granted that diaw shoots them a bit, but he doesn't take that many a game.. we have a system to abide by.. the same reason kobe could never play for us..

DMC
12-13-2013, 11:08 PM
I just said he is a stat padder and I mean that. He can board and score yes but he can't play D nor is he a leader of a team that will win a title! He is a part I would take on my team yes! Who would not for the right price? I would not want him as my leader though.

Dirk couldn't defend nor was he the team leader but he won a title because he dominated on the offense and could rebound pretty well, and because his team acquired a defensive minded center who instilled that in the rest of the squad... and a HOF PG didn't hurt anything.

DMC
12-13-2013, 11:09 PM
if we acquired love, we'd be a 2nd round exit team for sure. diaw, splitter, and especially duncan are all better defensively than he is. basketball isn't like football. after you've played on the offensive end, you must come down and play defense as well. and i don't think popovich would be too happy about a 3 point shooting pf. granted that diaw shoots them a bit, but he doesn't take that many a game.. we have a system to abide by.. the same reason kobe could never play for us..

You're a fucking tool. Shut your face you fat *****.

RD2191
12-13-2013, 11:12 PM
:lol

daslicer
12-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Love is a streaky player. When he gets hot he can hit shots that are contested. I saw one play where Duncan was all up in his face and he still hit the 3.

Blackjack
12-13-2013, 11:14 PM

PlayNando
12-13-2013, 11:15 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/1996.png&w=350&h=254

james evans
12-13-2013, 11:17 PM
Dirk couldn't defend nor was he the team leader but he won a title because he dominated on the offense and could rebound pretty well, and because his team acquired a defensive minded center who instilled that in the rest of the squad... and a HOF PG didn't hurt anything.
AND THEY ADDED THE PIECES AROUND HIM SO HE DIDN'T HAVE TO PLAY DEFENSE!!!. the likes of chandler and marion did a good job of hiding him on defense. u basically are contradicting yourself in your own posts. nobody is saying that love is garbage, we are just saying u can't build a team around him.

as for being fat, if u lived in my city near me, i'd be more than happy to take u to the running track to see who stops first hahaha.

Bruno
12-13-2013, 11:17 PM

Don't use gay slurs here.

james evans
12-13-2013, 11:18 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nba/players/full/1996.png&w=350&h=254
bonner is a franchise player? hmm. this is news to me. i know i've missed about 3 games this season total, but when did that happen? also, bonner and love have about the same defense as well.. neither of them can stop anyone.

look_at_g_shred
12-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Can tax that ass all the way back to minny with a L across his chest! #taxdat

MeloHype
12-13-2013, 11:20 PM
Beautiful

look_at_g_shred
12-13-2013, 11:21 PM
bonner is a franchise player? hmm. this is news to me. i know i've missed about 3 games this season total, but when did that happen?
:pop: Hi! Bon Bon gonna get that no trade clause

HarlemHeat37
12-13-2013, 11:22 PM
Love is the best PF in the NBA, tbh, respect..

Jump shooting bigs always give the Spurs trouble, see: Love, Dirk, Aldridge, Ibaka, etc..

pgardn
12-13-2013, 11:31 PM
Love has fantastic hands as well. He catches, tips, rebounds, quick little put backs...

His D could certainly improve, his mobility is good, he will never be a shot blocker. With the large hairy sloth next to him, Minn. can't guard the rim.

Mel_13
12-13-2013, 11:40 PM
0-2 with one rebound over the final six minutes as his team was outscored 18-8 down the stretch.

SupremeGuy
12-13-2013, 11:45 PM
Bitch is still mad he didn't get max contract money, tbh.

Kool Bob Love
12-13-2013, 11:55 PM
Playoff virgin.:lmao

Sean Cagney
12-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Right he had leaders or a D BIG and the right parts around him! He caught FIRE for a playoff run too! Can love do that in the playoffs? Time will tell but he has not yet so I will reserve judgement on that end of things as of now. I agree on Dirk.

Expert
12-14-2013, 01:46 AM
Right he had leaders or a D BIG and the right parts around him! He caught FIRE for a playoff run too! Can love do that in the playoffs? Time will tell but he has not yet so I will reserve judgement on that end of things as of now. I agree on Dirk.Sure he can. He has to have the pieces around him however. This small ball stuff is not going to get him there though.

PlayNando
12-14-2013, 01:52 AM
bonner is a franchise player? hmm. this is news to me. i know i've missed about 3 games this season total, but when did that happen? also, bonner and love have about the same defense as well.. neither of them can stop anyone.
You never specified that you were talking about franchise players..............

Sean Cagney
12-14-2013, 02:47 AM
Sure he can. He has to have the pieces around him however. This small ball stuff is not going to get him there though.

Tim could be the centerpiece though and the one who could lead you to a title with less help and so on! Which is why I take a Tim and his career 10 times outta ten over say a Love and an Aldridge even though I am a fan of them both especially Aldridge.

Jordanobili2320
12-14-2013, 02:54 AM
0-2 with one rebound over the final six minutes as his team was outscored 18-8 down the stretch.

thank you. man, some viewers are so clueless. love did nothing when his team needed him tonight, NOTHING.

Sean Cagney
12-14-2013, 03:17 AM
thank you. man, some viewers are so clueless. love did nothing when his team needed him tonight, NOTHING.

Like I said he is not a winner or leader, he is a stat padder.

SanDiegoSpursFan
12-14-2013, 03:30 AM
I don't think Love is a stat padder. He was the only reason the Wolves were in the game. Whenever he and Rubio weren't on the floor, the Wolves got destroyed.

playbonner15
12-14-2013, 03:32 AM
Love should go to LA tbh

Rapper
12-14-2013, 05:32 AM
Love is by far the best PF in the league this season over my man Timmy and Lamarcus tbh and glad to see a white dude can shot 3 and get rebound on average 13 or 14 per game? MVP in the early season.

james evans
12-14-2013, 05:54 AM
Like I said he is not a winner or leader, he is a stat padder.
but, but, he's the best pf in the league...

james evans
12-14-2013, 05:58 AM
Love is by far the best PF in the league this season over my man Timmy and Lamarcus tbh and glad to see a white dude can shot 3 and get rebound on average 13 or 14 per game? MVP in the early season.
i'll tell u like i told kobe fans in 06, if your team isn't at least top 3 in their confernce or top 4 in the league, there is no way possible u can be considered an mvp candidate..

james evans
12-14-2013, 06:00 AM
Love should go to LA tbh
haha, he'd average about 9 offensive boards per game off kobe bricks alone.

weeks
12-14-2013, 06:08 AM
wonder how love would fit in here? never happen, but a guy can dream

exstatic
12-14-2013, 06:17 AM
wonder how love would fit in here? never happen, but a guy can dream

Considering that he plays basically zero defense, and is a bit of a whiner, not too well, overall.

will_spurs
12-14-2013, 06:24 AM
I think it's important to take into account that he's been playing for one of the worst franchises ever. That can't help.

He's limited on the defensive end (for the moment at least) but he has very good hands, scores well, rebounds very well, can shoot the 3 at a decent rate. I don't think he needs much to go on to the next level. Honestly I wouldn't mind the Spurs signing him.

Rogue
12-14-2013, 06:28 AM
Greatest stat-padding PF of all time imho. 1 on 1 defense doesn't reflect in his stats so he never bothers to play any defense at all

james evans
12-14-2013, 07:03 AM
I think it's important to take into account that he's been playing for one of the worst franchises ever. That can't help.

He's limited on the defensive end (for the moment at least) but he has very good hands, scores well, rebounds very well, can shoot the 3 at a decent rate. I don't think he needs much to go on to the next level. Honestly I wouldn't mind the Spurs signing him.
limited is an understatement. his defense is horrible and nonexistent. but to his credit, he's always been this way since ucla. kg played for the same franchise. he shot a lot of 18 footers that i didn't like, but he played defense. i'm not saying he's trash, but i want my big man/franchise player capable of playing defense and blocking shots. for people that want to bring up dirk, he was drafted in 98 and it was 2011 before he won his first title. and they had to put other defensive players around him to hide him so all he had to do was play defense.

Baam
12-14-2013, 07:06 AM
limited is an understatement. his defense is horrible and nonexistent. but to his credit, he's always been this way since ucla. kg played for the same franchise. he shot a lot of 18 footers that i didn't like, but he played defense. i'm not saying he's trash, but i want my big man/franchise player capable of playing defense and blocking shots. for people that want to bring up dirk, he was drafted in 98 and it was 2011 before he won his first title. and they had to put other defensive players around him to hide him so all he had to do was play defense.

I heard they had to put players around Lebron for him to win as well... Seriously...

He's mostly a one way player but that doesn't mean he's not awesome.

james evans
12-14-2013, 07:33 AM
I heard they had to put players around Lebron for him to win as well... Seriously...

He's mostly a one way player but that doesn't mean he's not awesome.
everyone needs players around them to win, but at a 7 FOOTER they should not have to put a team of defensive players around u to hide the fact that u are a 7 foot shooting guard. when has that ever happened in nba history? and noone here is saying he's garbage. at least from what i can comprehend.

Perry Mason
12-14-2013, 07:41 AM
I would also note that KL doesn't quite have the same ball handling skills and offensive arsenal as Dirk. Dirk would probably have had some crafty counters for Diaw tonight, for example. Dirk did tricks in the 2011 run that I have never seen Love do.

Also, Dirk did improve his defensive awareness over the years.

TampaDude
12-14-2013, 08:20 AM

Knew someone would bring up KG sooner or later. KG is a punk, but at least he played defense.

Shastafarian
12-14-2013, 10:02 AM
lol I destroyed you.

If you say so

pgardn
12-14-2013, 10:39 AM

Some viewers don't watch what the Spurs did on D to him.

We played fantastic D during the last part of the game and had people helping much more. Love is a very good player. His game is still adjusting. He came into the league as a fat boy way out of shape. Kid has taken leaps every year despite injury.

No he does not appear to be a leader. He also seems way too happy after a loss when the stats are good.

james evans
12-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Knew someone would bring up KG sooner or later. KG is a punk, but at least he played defense.
i agree. he's a punk ass that tries to pick on smaller players or guys that he thinks won't fight back. never liked his style. as soon as someone gets in his face or shows they aren't gonna take his shit, he acts innocent or runs(see mcdyess incident..)

ThaBigFundamental21
12-14-2013, 03:29 PM
If Splitter plays then he scores 25ish tbh...
Duncan was forced to guard him in pick and rolls and hes probably the worst perimeter big defensively in the game
Spurs gameplan on playing Rubio tight was really bad also
give Rubio the Rondo defense and Love won't be getting wide open 3s all day

I think that is going way too far. There are plenty of bigs in the NBA who can't play a lick of D inside, let alone on the perimeter.

Mark in Austin
12-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Considering that he plays basically zero defense, and is a bit of a whiner, not too well, overall.

God he really is a perfect fit for LA playing for D'antoni...

hitmantb
12-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Obviously Duncan is the best ever to play his position.

However for this year, Love/LA even Dirk over Duncan, no-brainer.

Spurs is much stronger than Minnesota as a team, swap Duncan and Love and Spurs win by 20.

Dancelot
12-14-2013, 10:00 PM
I will always hate that fucker after he openly questioned TD being in the All Star roster a couple years ago.

What was it that he said?

Obstructed_View
12-15-2013, 06:37 AM
Lots of big numbers that don't translate to wins. He's the white Kevin Love.

exstatic
12-15-2013, 10:31 AM

Kevin Love IS actually white, so....

look_at_g_shred
12-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Lol

Mel_13
12-15-2013, 01:42 PM

:lol

Kevin Love IS actually white, so....

It's an inside joke, probably from that time you spent away from ST. OV referred to another player, might have been Dwight, as the black Kevin Love. Some of the mouthbreathers downstairs harped on that for a long time.

spurs10
12-15-2013, 01:59 PM
Kevin Love plays a much shorter season than someone like Timmy. When Timmy was his age he was a winner and played several months a year longer than Love. I hope he's not as big of an asshole as his uncle. Anyway, so far in his career we know what the L stands for. He sure does Love to go fishing! :flag:

PingPong
12-15-2013, 02:10 PM
I hope he's not as big of an asshole as his uncle. Anyway, so far in his career we know what the L stands for. He sure does Love to go fishing!

http://i.imgur.com/o5GKwfF.jpg

spurs10
12-15-2013, 02:13 PM
:toast

Budkin
12-15-2013, 03:01 PM
I'm sure Love is happier stat padding than he is winning.

DMC
12-15-2013, 03:28 PM
I'm sure Love is happier stat padding than he is winning.

He doesn't know winning. He sounded pretty content with himself in the post game interview, crediting Ricky for getting him the ball instead of saying how it wasn't enough and that others need to step up. I guess that would put him in a bad light.

Arcadian
12-15-2013, 05:54 PM
I am not impress. A power forward who can't reliably post up is not doing his job. He can be a great rebounder and a great shooter, and that's pretty cool and all, but why didn't he work at his post game more?

SanDiegoSpursFan
12-15-2013, 07:03 PM
I am not impress. A power forward who can't reliably post up is not doing his job. He can be a great rebounder and a great shooter, and that's pretty cool and all, but why didn't he work at his post game more?
He's not that bad at posting up. In terms of points per possession, his post-ups are only slightly worse than Griffin's and Aldridge's.

LkrFan
12-15-2013, 08:22 PM
Link?

cjw
12-15-2013, 11:13 PM
i'll tell u like i told kobe fans in 06, if your team isn't at least top 3 in their confernce or top 4 in the league, there is no way possible u can be considered an mvp candidate..

Exactly. This isn't a sport like baseball where you can be good in a vacuum and still be given MVP (or Cy Young) consideration

Kool Bob Love
12-15-2013, 11:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z2sFmrR7bc

Kool Bob Love
12-15-2013, 11:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9uH3bRQICc

look_at_g_shred
12-16-2013, 05:56 PM
42 empty points

james evans
12-16-2013, 10:24 PM
ok i didn't see the game tonight with minn and boston and i'm not gonna act like i did, but 11 3pt fg attempts? seriously?

Obstructed_View
12-17-2013, 11:33 AM
It's an inside joke, probably from that time you spent away from ST. OV referred to another player, might have been Dwight, as the black Kevin Love. Some of the mouthbreathers downstairs harped on that for a long time.

Yeah, people were outraged at what a homer I was for not wanting to trade Tony Parker for Dwight Howard. I said he was a stat-padder and a team killer. Took a while for the morons to realize how correct I was.

Full disclosure: I did apologize to Kevin Love some time later for lumping him in with Dwight.

james evans
12-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Yeah, people were outraged at what a homer I was for not wanting to trade Tony Parker for Dwight Howard. I said he was a stat-padder and a team killer. Took a while for the morons to realize how correct I was.

Full disclosure: I did apologize to Kevin Love some time later for lumping him in with Dwight.
dwight was the center piece of a team that went to the finals. love is yet to even come close to making the playoffs

dallasmaverickslose
12-17-2013, 02:46 PM
Why does this thread exist

spurraider21
12-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Love got drafted in the spring of 09 and I entered UCLA as freshman in fall of 09... my luck

Obstructed_View
12-17-2013, 07:50 PM
dwight was the center piece of a team that went to the finals. love is yet to even come close to making the playoffs

Yeah, Dwight was still living off that at the time people thought every Spurs fan should be willing to give up Tony Parker for him.