PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: In Talks with Knicks to Acquire Iman Shumpert

whitemamba
12-15-2013, 01:51 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/10140246/los-angeles-lakers-contact-new-york-knicks-iman-shumpert

interesting tbh..

also, tyson chandler might be somewhere in this deal as well..

ElNono
12-15-2013, 01:54 AM
Sources say the Lakers are also interested in another Knicks player -- center Tyson Chandler. The Lakers did not inquire about Chandler when they called about Shumpert, but they are weighing whether to propose a Pau Gasol-for-Chandler trade, according to sources.

The Knicks are not looking to move Chandler -- several teams have contacted them about him, sources said -- but if a club agreed to take back struggling guard J.R. Smith, the Knicks would consider such a deal.

Mamba, Friendkiller & Swaggy P?

:lmao

Clipper Nation
12-15-2013, 01:54 AM
The Knicks are not looking to move Chandler -- several teams have contacted them about him, sources said -- but if a club agreed to take back struggling guard J.R. Smith, the Knicks would consider such a deal.
:lmao Friend Killer and Rapist on the same team

whitemamba
12-15-2013, 01:55 AM
Sources say the Lakers are also interested in another Knicks player -- center Tyson Chandler. The Lakers did not inquire about Chandler when they called about Shumpert, but they are weighing whether to propose a Pau Gasol-for-Chandler trade, according to sources.

Mamba, Friendkiller & Swaggy P?

i really hope JR isnt in this deal, theres no room for that nigga. but chandler and shumpert would be nice.

Thread
12-15-2013, 01:55 AM
Shump, J.R. & Chandler for Gasol and anybody else they want that will make the $ work.

elmanutres
12-15-2013, 01:56 AM
knowing the knicks, they will fuck up. Lakers are racing against time before ujiri takes advantage of the knicks again

ElNono
12-15-2013, 01:57 AM
i really hope JR isnt in this deal, theres no room for that nigga. but chandler and shumpert would be nice.

I mean, with the Lakeshow you never know, but there's no way they have the assets to take on Chandler unless they take in some other shit deal... IIRC, Shumpert isn't on such a deal.

Clipper Nation
12-15-2013, 01:57 AM
Shump, J.R. & Chandler for Gasol and anybody else they want that will make the $ work.

:lmao Wanting to trade MVPau for Friend Killer.... I thought you were smarter than this, Cully, act like somebody!

ElNono
12-15-2013, 01:58 AM
Also, was it HarlemHeat37 that always says Shumpert is overrated as hell? :lol

Thread
12-15-2013, 02:02 AM
:lmao Wanting to trade MVPau for Friend Killer.... I thought you were smarter than this, Cully, act like somebody!

We've bled Gasol out. It's pie in the sky anyway. Nobody is that stupid.

whitemamba
12-15-2013, 02:02 AM
I mean, with the Lakeshow you never know, but there's no way they have the assets to take on Chandler unless they take in some other shit deal... IIRC, Shumpert isn't on such a deal.

Chandler would really help our defense in the paint, which I believe we are 2nd to last in the league at, as for the trade, I dont see how it would work either, unless we ship out blake mamba and pau for shumpert, chandler.. not sure about the contracts tbh..

ElNono
12-15-2013, 02:05 AM
Chandler would really help our defense in the paint, which I believe we are 2nd to last in the league at, as for the trade, I dont see how it would work either, unless we ship out blake mamba and pau for shumpert, chandler.. not sure about the contracts tbh..

I'm just not even sure you can merge the current Lakeshow and Knicks teams and make it over .500, tbh...

:lol

Clipper Nation
12-15-2013, 02:05 AM
We've bled Gasol out. It's pie in the sky anyway. Nobody is that stupid.

MVPau's a winner, Friend Killer is a certified loser with nary a brain cell to rub together....

Thread
12-15-2013, 02:06 AM
It's nonsense. It's in the backwash of Saban staying in AL. There is no news, so this is manufactured and thrown against the wall until something else can be fabricated.

Christ, Pau is waiver wire materiel.

Clipper Nation
12-15-2013, 02:08 AM
Christ, Pau is waiver wire materiel.

That "waiver wire material" bailed out Kirbs tonight with clutch blocks, rebounds, and freebies 'twixt the 7 turnovers, tbh.... you should appreciate MVPau more, as without him, you're on the shit end of the 4>3 stick with both Duncan and Daddy....

whitemamba
12-15-2013, 02:08 AM
I'm just not even sure you can merge the current Lakeshow and Knicks teams and make it over .500, tbh...

I think felton + chandler + shumpert would be helpful imho.

Thread
12-15-2013, 02:10 AM
That "waiver wire material" bailed out Kirbs tonight with clutch blocks, rebounds, and freebies 'twixt the 7 turnovers, tbh.... you should appreciate MVPau more, as without him, you're on the shit end of the 4>3 stick with both Duncan and Daddy....

Pau couldn't win a single playoff game till Kobe took him in.

Clipper Nation
12-15-2013, 02:11 AM

Kirby has never won the last game he played without Daddy or MVPau to carry him, tbh....

HI-FI
12-15-2013, 02:12 AM

without MVPau you're stuck with 3, smoking away carton after carton.....shit you might start rooting for the Cavaliers again since the Lakers were turning into a colossal joke before MVPau.

Thread
Kirby has never won the last game he played without Daddy or MVPau to carry him, tbh....

Kobe: 5

Daddy: 4

Thread
without MVPau you're stuck with 3, smoking away carton after carton.....shit you might start rooting for the Cavaliers again since the Lakers were turning into a colossal joke before MVPau.

Clipper Nation
12-15-2013, 02:13 AM
Kobe: 5

Daddy: 4
Daddy: 3 (Lakers)

MVPau: 2

- "Uh, check it, you know how I be - last week, Kobe couldn't do without me."
- Daddy

HI-FI
12-15-2013, 02:15 AM

Yes because he played for a shitty team with hardly any talent and an owner trying to sell it off. That sounds like a recipe for success. Before MVPau, Kobe had shit to show for anything, even quitting against Phoenix to prove a pussy point. How is that a winner or Alpha? It's not, you know better, now put down the cigs and quit being obstinate or just go to bed.

Thread
12-15-2013, 02:16 AM
Yes because he played for a shitty team with hardly any talent and an owner trying to sell it off. That sounds like a recipe for success. Before MVPau, Kobe had shit to show for anything, even quitting against Phoenix to prove a pussy point. How is that a winner or Alpha? It's not, you know better, now put down the cigs and quit being obstinate or just go to bed.

Pau never has won a single playoff game without Kobe.

Clipper Nation
12-15-2013, 02:19 AM
Daddy: 3 (Lakers)

MVPau: 2

- "Uh, check it, you know how I be - last week, Kobe couldn't do without me."
- Daddy

whitemamba
12-15-2013, 02:25 AM

how no one recognizes this is beyond me

TE
12-15-2013, 02:41 AM
Also, was it HarlemHeat37 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11597) that always says Shumpert is overrated as hell? :lol
Overrated due to playing in the big apple, imo. Above average athleticism, overrated perimeter defense (what he's known for), inconsistent shooter.

ElNono
12-15-2013, 03:01 AM
how no one recognizes this is beyond me

Because it's silly... Pau was an All-Star and a Champion before even being a Laker...

If anything, he misses Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher...

TDMVPDPOY
12-15-2013, 03:26 AM
why not move amares contract? lmao

MDA can run nash and amare into the ground with kobe on top as pudding

lefty
12-15-2013, 03:28 AM

irishock
12-15-2013, 04:09 AM

Damn, 3 years ago the Western Conference was settled between Nash/Amar'e and Kobe/Pau... hard to believe

Hoops Czar
12-15-2013, 04:14 AM
I wonder if the Knicks would consider a Tiago, De Colo and Bonner for Chandler and smith

spurraider21
12-15-2013, 05:35 AM
:lol gasol for stat pls

RsxPiimp
12-15-2013, 08:36 AM
Chandler with Jordan Hill backing him up will be a tremendous front line for the Lakers and if they are also getting Shumpert who will be our designated Westbrook stoppah then by all means DO IT even if this brings the heavy baggage JR Smith brings (Kobe will change him and JR will oblige and respect that considering Kobe's a 5x championship). The Lakers will miss Meeks and Gasol, but really, it's time to move on.

That's just phase one. Bringing in Thibs next year is phase two :lol

Rogue
12-15-2013, 09:37 AM
M_A ain't wouldn't need TC anyway so maybe Dallas can join the talk and make it a 3-party deal, in which we would be able to offer Marion (expiring contract) and several picks for getting big daddy Tyson back in Dallas tbh :cry

Jodelo
12-15-2013, 09:56 AM
Chandler with Jordan Hill backing him up will be a tremendous front line for the Lakers and if they are also getting Shumpert who will be our designated Westbrook stoppah then by all means DO IT even if this brings the heavy baggage JR Smith brings (Kobe will change him and JR will oblige and respect that considering Kobe's a 5x championship). The Lakers will miss Meeks and Gasol, but really, it's time to move on.

I thought you were a Spurs fan first? :lol

TDMVPDPOY
12-15-2013, 09:57 AM
if the lakers are serious, they should move for a alpha scorer, make kobe switch to robin mode and concentrate on defense for that elusive dpoy....

Killakobe81
12-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Because it's silly... Pau was an All-Star and a champion

before even being a Laker...

Rofl

Thread
12-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Why would the Knicks even want Gasol to begin with? They have such in Amare. The whole thing is total horseshit. Nothing but filler thru the weekend. Fuck, alone Chandler is better than Gasol. They'll just wait for him.

ElNono
12-15-2013, 11:17 AM
Rofl

rofl what?

ElNono
12-15-2013, 11:18 AM

I just hope JR drives Kirby to practice, tbh...

Jodelo
12-15-2013, 11:19 AM

scanry
12-15-2013, 11:38 AM

Thread
12-15-2013, 11:39 AM

...at least his layups.

tee, hee.

Raven
12-15-2013, 11:51 AM
bargnana+friend killer for pau seems legit tbh

Thread
12-15-2013, 11:53 AM
bargnana+friend killer for pau seems legit tbh

I'd do it.

DMC
12-15-2013, 12:00 PM
Pau on a real team like the Spurs would be a renaissance man. He has to want to play basketball and right now he's just muddling through life.. or so to speak.

scanry
12-15-2013, 12:06 PM
Pau on a real team like the Spurs would be a renaissance man. He has to want to play basketball and right now he's just muddling through life.. or so to speak.

Even in his Memphis days Gasol was a very good jumpshooter. But right now he's not making any shots whatsoever.

Thread
12-15-2013, 12:06 PM

Splitter and anybody else you got to make the money work. Chop/chop.

Thread
12-15-2013, 12:07 PM
Even in his Memphis days Gasol was a very good jumpshooter. But right now he's not making any shots whatsoever.

He's donePERIOD Anybody that would trade for him is a complete asshole.

scanry
12-15-2013, 12:11 PM
He's donePERIOD Anybody that would trade for him is a complete asshole.

If Amare wasn't guaranteed money next year, the Lakers would've traded Gasol for him by now.

Raven
12-15-2013, 12:14 PM

he's still 33 and paid 20M though.

Thread
12-15-2013, 12:16 PM
If Amare wasn't guaranteed money next year, the Lakers would've traded Gasol for him by now.

& "If" Pops just fouls you're at 5.

DMC
12-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Splitter and anybody else you got to make the money work. Chop/chop.

Like the Spurs or Lakers give a flying fuck what either of us want.

DMC
12-15-2013, 12:20 PM
he's still 33 and paid 20M though.

He'll be a FA at the end of the season.

Thread
12-15-2013, 12:23 PM
Like the Spurs or Lakers give a flying fuck what either of us want.

You'd feel different if Allen had stepped back another 3 inches. tee, hee.

whitemamba
12-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Because it's silly... Pau was an All-Star and a Champiou before even being a Laker...

o for fucks sake bro

DMC
12-15-2013, 12:26 PM
You'd feel different if Allen had stepped back another 3 inches. tee, hee.

You don't know me - Eddy Arnold

ElNono
12-15-2013, 12:36 PM
o for fucks sake bro

:lol what? uncomfortable truth bombs are uncomfortable, tbh...

Raven
12-15-2013, 12:41 PM
He'll be a FA at the end of the season.

i know, he should sign for like 10M i think if we were to sign him outright (not sure it works) and that's assuming we don't resign Diaw. And he'd be 34 then.

whitemamba
12-15-2013, 12:41 PM
:lol what? uncomfortable truth bombs are uncomfortable, tbh...

MVPau for duncan straight up, would you do it ???

Clipper Nation
12-15-2013, 12:43 PM
Why would the Knicks even want Gasol to begin with? They have such in Amare.
Amare is a two-timer as the alpha?

tee, hee.

HarlemHeat37
12-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Pau signing for the minimum with the Spurs next year would incite anger, but can you imagine the Laker reactions if Pau signs with the Heat for the minimum next year, tbh?:lol..the reactions would be historic..

whitemamba
12-15-2013, 12:45 PM
Pau signing for the minimum with the Spurs next year would incite anger, but can you imagine the Laker reactions if Pau signs with the Heat for the minimum next year, tbh?:lol..the reactions would be historic..

no.

ElNono
12-15-2013, 12:49 PM

What does Duncan has to do with what I said?

I said Pau was an All-Star before being a Laker (true, 2006)
I said Pau was a Champion before being a Laker (true, 2006 also)

You're bitching about people "overlooking" some corner-case that could easily apply to another player or coach too, and now you're deflecting? You're better than that, mamba...

whitemamba
12-15-2013, 12:51 PM
What does Duncan has to do with what I said?

I said Pau was an All-Star before being a Laker (true, 2006)
I said Pau was a Champion before being a Laker (true, 2006 also)

You're bitching about people "overlooking" some corner-case that could easily apply to another player or coach too, and now you're deflecting? You're better than that, mamba...

A champion of what before becoming a laker? Enlighten me please.

Thread
12-15-2013, 12:51 PM

I'd do it. Duncan will compete. Pau won't.

ElNono
12-15-2013, 12:52 PM
A champion of what before becoming a laker? Enlighten me please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_FIBA_World_Championship

First gold medal ever in the Worlds for Spain... time to stop pretending Gasol was a scrub before being in LA.

Thread
12-15-2013, 12:53 PM

I got no problem with Pau going anywhere. I don't grudge Pau like say I grudged Daddy. Pau is just kaput.

Clipper Nation
12-15-2013, 12:54 PM
I'd do it. Duncan will compete. Pau won't.

Two rings as the alpha but MVPau doesn't compete? Christ, Culb, act like somebody!

Thread
12-15-2013, 12:54 PM
time to stop pretending Gasol was a scrub before being in LA.

He never won a playoff game without Kobe next to him.

ElNono
12-15-2013, 12:55 PM
*** wrecked ***

Michael Jordan.
12-15-2013, 01:01 PM
He never won a playoff game without Kobe next to him.
Technically he did win mutliple playoff games on his way to a Gold Medal.

Holden_Caulfield
12-15-2013, 01:01 PM
i wanna see the lakers gets sterned again for basketball reasons :lol

Thread
12-15-2013, 01:06 PM

I don't do barn storming exhibitions.

It's my religion.

Thread
12-15-2013, 01:06 PM
i wanna see the lakers gets sterned again for basketball reasons :lol

I want to see your mother bent over for sentimental reasons.

Holden_Caulfield
12-15-2013, 01:08 PM
:cry:cry:cryI want to see my mother bent over for sentimental reasons:cry:cry:cry

whitemamba
12-15-2013, 01:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_FIBA_World_Championship

First gold medal ever in the Worlds for Spain... time to stop pretending Gasol was a scrub before being in LA.

So as a champion you place him above duncan by that logic? I dont get it, we compare players to measure their greatness, i bring duncan in to the equation because he was great. Now that being said, Gasol won 0 times, before actually getting pressured for the first time, hes soft man, even PJAX wilil say so...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8pV2v4wNJs

PJAX, Kobe and Fish made Pau what he is for those championship runs.

Thread
12-15-2013, 01:16 PM
^We were just damn fortunate that Perkins fell over in '10 and Howard showed up in '09.

DMC
12-15-2013, 01:24 PM
You faggot ass reminiscing Laker fans should get a room and spend your weekend reminiscing about the good old days while you fuck each other some more.

Arnold Toht
12-15-2013, 01:28 PM
You faggot ass reminiscing Laker fans should get a room and spend your weekend reminiscing about the good old days while you fuck each other some more.

Someone can't let go of 6. Goddamn!

Thread
12-15-2013, 01:34 PM
^ Arn

ElNono
12-15-2013, 01:56 PM
So as a champion you place him above duncan by that logic? I dont get it, we compare players to measure their greatness, i bring duncan in to the equation because he was great. Now that being said, Gasol won 0 times, before actually getting pressured for the first time, hes soft man, even PJAX wilil say so...

PJAX, Kobe and Fish made Pau what he is for those championship runs.

Pau was an All Star and a champion before even being in LA, which basically means he was already a great player then. "We" don't need to compare players to know who is great and who is not. We might compare if we're debating who's greatest, but this isn't the conversation we're having here.

Pau was a great player before getting to LA, regardless of how many playoff games he won or not. After all, IIRC, Pau took the Grizzlies to their first playoffs ever.

What Phil and Fish did was exert leadership and influence in the makeup of that team, so Pau can be the great player he was at the time. Eventually, Phil lost control of that team (which is why he walked away) and Fish was kicked out like an old piece of shit...

Thread
12-15-2013, 02:35 PM
and Fish was kicked out like an old piece of shit...

Just thank Christ he squeezed in .4 first. tee, hee.

RsxPiimp
12-15-2013, 02:38 PM

The goods honestly :lol

RsxPiimp
12-15-2013, 02:50 PM

Nigga pls. Pau wouldn't last a month under Popovich :lol. He was lucky to play for a Buddhist and a Teddy Bear like Mike Brown. But since D'Antoni took over, who has a penchant for throwing shitty players user the bus, Pau has been showing his true colors, just another piggyback rider who sinks under pressure.

Clipper Nation
12-15-2013, 02:51 PM
Just thank Christ he squeezed in .4 first. tee, hee.
Just thank Christ MVPau squeezed in 2 as the alpha.... tee, hee.

DMC
12-15-2013, 03:15 PM
Nigga pls. Pau wouldn't last a month under Popovich :lol. He was lucky to play for a Buddhist and a Teddy Bear like Mike Brown. But since D'Antoni took over, who has a penchant for throwing shitty players user the bus, Pau has been showing his true colors, just another piggyback rider who sinks under pressure.

He'd be fine. He'd be used based on his strengths instead of being a fall guy for Kobe and Mike's shortcomings. He wouldn't be the focal point but he would be important. That's what he wants. Money is great, but they eventually want to use their talents.

He'd go from Paut in LA to Pauwer in SA.

RsxPiimp
12-15-2013, 05:33 PM
He'd be fine. He'd be used based on his strengths instead of being a fall guy for Kobe and Mike's shortcomings. He wouldn't be the focal point but he would be important. That's what he wants. Money is great, but they eventually want to use their talents.

He'd go from Paut in LA to Pauwer in SA.

It's up to you bro, IMO Pau's useful days are over, reminds me of a frequent flyer pussy. :lol

Thread
12-15-2013, 05:40 PM
It's up to you bro, IMO Pau's useful days are over, reminds me of a frequent flyer pussy. :lol

D knows that, Pimp. He's just being contrary.

LkrFan
12-15-2013, 06:01 PM
Reeeeeeeeeaaaching and :downspin: that shit eh, "0 for the '80s?" Carry :loln.

Michael Jordan.
12-15-2013, 06:07 PM
Tournaments are playoffs. Nigguhhh

LkrFan
12-15-2013, 06:14 PM
Tournaments are playoffs. Nigguhhh
:rollin :lmao :rollin

Clipper Nation
12-15-2013, 06:18 PM
MVPau: Gold

Kirby: Not even bronze (too scurred to play) :lol

LkrFan
12-15-2013, 06:28 PM
MVPau: Gold

Kirby: Not even bronze (too scurred to play) :lol
Undercover BNSF, let's not talk about Br:lolnze Medals. :nope

Clipper Nation
12-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Undercover BNSF, let's not talk about Br:lolnze Medals. :nope

Out-of-the-closet BNII (Bold Named Illegal Immigrant), your boy was too scurred (and too busy with The Rape) to face the world's best players in both 2004 and 2006... :downspin: dat shit! :lol

LkrFan
12-15-2013, 06:39 PM
Out-of-the-closet BNII (Bold Named Illegal Immigrant), your boy was too scurred (and too busy with The Rape) to face the world's best players in both 2004 and 2006... :downspin: dat shit! :lol:lol

Are you subtly saying Duncan, like LeBronze, is Kobe-dependent to win Olympic Gold Medals? If so, +100 points s:loln :downspin:

Clipper Nation
12-15-2013, 06:47 PM
N:lolpe, just saying Kirby was scurred of Manure and Argentina :downspin:

LkrFan
12-15-2013, 07:00 PM
N:lolpe, just saying Kirby was scurred of Manure and Argentina :downspin:
I'm a trend setter. :downspin:

lefty
02-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Iman didnt ant to go the Lakers, so he injured himself on purpose

Katherine Robinson
02-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Iman didnt ant to go the Lakers, so he injured himself on purpose

Good thing Granger and Jimmer didn't have to go to that extent to avoid San Antonio