PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Jeremy Lin deal a steal

ambchang
12-16-2013, 10:16 AM
When Lin first signed his contract, people were up in arms about the size of the deal. $5M/$5M/$15M, or about $8.3M per year.

So far this year, Lin has been averaging 14.3 ppg on 49.7% shooting, 4.2 ast, 2.4 reb, 1.2 stls and 2.8 TO.

Given the going rate for guards putting up similar stats is $24M per, Lin's deal really is a bargain.

DMC
12-16-2013, 10:17 AM
When Lin first signed his contract, people were up in arms about the size of the deal. $5M/$5M/$15M, or about $8.3M per year.

So far this year, Lin has been averaging 14.3 ppg on 49.7% shooting, 4.2 ast, 2.4 reb, 1.2 stls and 2.8 TO.

Given the going rate for guards putting up similar stats is $24M per, Lin's deal really is a bargain.

I see what you did there.

AchillesHeel
12-16-2013, 10:17 AM
Lin's not averaging 6.3 TOs either.

Thread
12-16-2013, 10:18 AM
^Or, not lending a helping hand in a 6. tee, hee.

scanry
12-16-2013, 10:25 AM
Given the going rate for guards putting up similar stats is $30M per, Lin's deal really is a bargain.

That's more like it.

Thread
12-16-2013, 10:26 AM
This is a:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

inspired thread.

FkLA
12-16-2013, 10:30 AM
:lol

TDMVPDPOY
12-16-2013, 11:13 AM
lol overglorified statpadder

comes in scrub minutes and ballhogs padding his stats to make it look good, could care less how much he contributes, he gives it back on the other end...another overrated player

Rogue
12-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Rin is probably worth the money he gets paid (with his market value factored in, of course) but is the deal a "steal"? Just like my nigga m>s originally said, Rin's ceiling would be no more than a solid back up PG with 14+5 stats, worth mid-level salary or something slightly above. I know it's probably just another thread aimed at trolling Kobe Bryant and Lakers fans but c'mon, the Lockets and little yellow bastard are even more hated. It's like wiping your ass with someone's used toilet paper tbh, AMB might be a yellow himself so it makes perfect sense...

Indazone
12-16-2013, 11:44 PM
Rin is probably worth the money he gets paid (with his market value factored in, of course) but is the deal a "steal"? Just like my nigga m>s originally said, Rin's ceiling would be no more than a solid back up PG with 14+5 stats, worth mid-level salary or something slightly above. I know it's probably just another thread aimed at trolling Kobe Bryant and Lakers fans but c'mon, the Lockets and little yellow bastard are even more hated. It's like wiping your ass with someone's used toilet paper tbh, AMB might be a yellow himself so it makes perfect sense...

Dude's stats aint bad this year. Way up from last year. That being said, He isn't being used for squat on the Rockets. Worked damn hard in the offseason to improve his game. PER of 18 is good. Just doesn't fit on the Rockets with Harden. He'd be better off on the Lakers and reunited with D'Antoni. From the Rockets perspective. Its pretty much all coaching or lack thereof. Bad distribution of minutes, Harden Isoball. Howard not getting enough touches. No pick and roll or set plays. Rockets are the new Phoenix Suns complete with shitty defense. If McHale could teach defense even halfway or run some set plays, rein Harden in so he won't jacks up 25 shots and score 20 pts, maybe we'd see some balanced scoring. Not saying it wouldn't be any better on the Lakers with Kobe, but at least there, Lin would have the green light.

Jeremy Lin Stats on 28 minutes per game

2013-14 Season

PPG
APG
RPG
PER