PDA

View Full Version : Kings: Kobe Bryant: "I'm Going Out Like Floyd Mayweather"

Koolaid_Man
12-16-2013, 07:56 PM
Mah nigga :toast

“I have self-doubt,” Bryant says. “I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. I have nights when I show up at the arena and I’m like, ‘My back hurts, my feet hurt, my knees hurt. I don’t have it. I just want to chill.’ We all have self-doubt. You don’t deny it, but you also don’t capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it. … I don’t know how I’m going to come back from this injury. I don’t know. Maybe I’ll be horses—.” He pauses, as if envisioning himself as an eighth man. “Then again, maybe I won’t, because no matter what, my belief is that I’m going to figure it out. Maybe not this year or even next year, but I’m going to stay with it until I figure it out….”

He adopted a title for the next phase of his career, which will begin when rehab ends and he sticks that gold Lakers jersey back in his teeth, whether on opening night or Christmas Day or sometime in between. “It’s The Last Chapter,” Bryant says. “The book is going to close. I just haven’t determined how many pages are left.” He has no interest in a conversation about legacy. What excites him is evolution achieved through sports, each setback steeling a person for the next. “I’m reflective only in the sense that I learn to move forward,” Bryant says. “I reflect with a purpose.” Gather all his touchstones, look at them together, and they can gird the greatest player of his time for the biggest obstacle yet….
“Maybe I won’t have as much explosion,” Bryant says. “Maybe I’ll be slower. Maybe I’ll lose quickness. But I have other options. It’s like Floyd Mayweather in the ring. There’s a reason he’s still at the top after all these years. He’s the most fundamentally sound boxer of all time. He can fight myriad styles at myriad tempos. He can throw fast punches or off-speed punches, and he can throw them from odd angles.”

Mel_13
12-16-2013, 07:58 PM
Mayweather is undefeated.

Koolaid_Man
12-16-2013, 08:00 PM

and so is Kobe

elmanutres
12-16-2013, 08:02 PM
and so is Kobe

2 finals loses and his own achilles beat him

Koolaid_Man
12-16-2013, 08:05 PM
2 finals loses and his own achilles beat him

yet he's undefeated...go figure :hat

elmanutres
12-16-2013, 08:05 PM
yet he's undefeated...go figure :hat

:lol laker fans making up rules. shit never gets old

Koolaid_Man
12-16-2013, 08:07 PM
:lol laker fans making up rules. shit never gets old

dude has more rings than any one in the league why should he be defeated

elmanutres
12-16-2013, 08:09 PM
dude has more rings than any one in the league why should he be defeated
he still lost 2 finals. Mayweather is undefeated. Kobe has been defeated. you can't :downspin:this shit capri.

Koolaid_Man
12-16-2013, 08:11 PM
he still lost 2 finals. Mayweather is undefeated. Kobe has been defeated. you can't :downspin:this shit capri.

Kobe has 5 rings..there's no one in the league that can match his count therefore he's undefeated....just like 81 pts is greater than 100 in todays NBA :hat

Koolaid_Man
12-16-2013, 08:12 PM
I;m so brilliant I got answer for every fucking thing

elmanutres
12-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Kobe has 5 rings..there's no one in the league that can match his count therefore he's undefeated....just like 81 pts is greater than 100 in todays NBA :hat

Derek fisher

Koolaid_Man
12-16-2013, 08:13 PM
Derek fisher

who does he play for

Arnold Toht
12-16-2013, 08:14 PM
I just laugh heartily every time I see a dumb spic use the Finals losses argument. It's as if losing in the Finals is worse than getting backdoor swept in the WCF twice after winning 20 straight games.

Koolaid_Man
12-16-2013, 08:17 PM
I just laugh heartily every time I see a dumb spic use the Finals losses argument. It's as if losing in the Finals is worse than getting backdoor swept in the WCF twice after winning 20 straight games.

dirty too

elmanutres
who does he play for

:lol then that goes totally against what you say earlier. Using that logic, Robert Horry was god dam untouchable before he retired and might as well be the goat. ahead of kobe and jordan in terms of greatest ever

Koolaid_Man
:lol then that goes totally against what you say earlier. Using that logic, Robert Horry was god dam untouchable before he retired and might as well be the goat. ahead of kobe and jordan in terms of greatest ever

who did Horry lead....does he have a global following

elmanutres
12-16-2013, 08:19 PM
getting your ass handed to you by a bunch of nobodies and no stars when you got a stacked fucking roster that was suppose to steamroll them.

Koolaid_Man
12-16-2013, 08:21 PM
getting your ass handed to you by a bunch of nobodies and no stars when you got a stacked fucking roster that was suppose to steamroll them.

nothing Kobe's ever done will trump a wife leaving her 7 ft millionaire husband for a 5 ft illegal alien stripper

Arnold Toht
12-16-2013, 08:22 PM

And your Duncan fell 4 straight to that same team. Makes me fuckin' wonder.

elmanutres
12-16-2013, 08:22 PM
who did Horry lead....does he have a global following

:lol capri you're like that kid that plays cops and robbers and when another kid shoots you, you say "na-ah i didin't die cause I have a shield that can protect me from bullets" or when someone tags you in tag you say "na-ah, I have this device that can turn me to a ghost, which means your hands goes right through me".

elmanutres
12-16-2013, 08:25 PM
And your Duncan fell 4 straight to that same team. Makes me fuckin' wonder.Make a big fucking deal out of spurs losses, but when it comes to laker losses, naw it ain't no big deal right? Cause i mean cmon, it's not like they formed a super team twice and got served by a buncha nobodies and then years later, form another and get swept by an old man.

DPG21920
:lol capri you're like that kid that plays cops and robbers and when another kid shoots you, you say "na-ah i didin't die cause I have a shield that can protect me from bullets" or when someone tags you in tag you say "na-ah, I have this device that can turn me to a ghost, which means your hands goes right through me".

:lmao so true

Except he doesn't have friends. :cry so true

Koolaid_Man

:lol I was actually that kid...first time someone's called me out and been right...Kudos :toast

elmanutres
12-16-2013, 08:26 PM
:lol I was actually that kid...first time someone's called me out and been right...Kudos :toast
this explains alot :lol

Koolaid_Man
12-16-2013, 08:27 PM
this explains alot :lol

no it doesn't

Thebesteva
12-16-2013, 08:45 PM

I'm not defending Kobe but I hate Mayweather. The guy never fights anyone special and he has the ability to beat everyone. It's like Lebron James playing the Knicks in the finals every year.

DMC
12-16-2013, 08:49 PM
I just laugh heartily every time I see a dumb nig use the Finals loss argument. It's as if losing game 6 the Finals is worse than getting swept in the opening round.

fify

Koolaid_Man
12-16-2013, 08:50 PM
I'm not defending Kobe but I hate Mayweather. The guy never fights anyone special and he has the ability to beat everyone. It's like Lebron James playing the Knicks in the finals every year.

I got a message for you lil nigga::lmao

2KZaBf84HSs

Thebesteva
12-16-2013, 09:01 PM
I got a message for you lil nigga::lmao

2KZaBf84HSs

Im not neccessarily talking about Manny. I think if he took the Sugar Ray route of trying to prove hes the fuckin man and fought Margarito, Paul Williams, Manny, etc...I think he could have won and been the GOAT. Floyd just wants easy $...fuck it more power to him hes a bagillionaire. But as far as myself, I actually trained at Wild Card (when I was younger) and met Manny many times. I just really like the guy, hes the nicest guy ever. He would wash your car for you if you asked.

I just think he deserved a 50-50 purse and it would have been the biggest fight in boxing history. Floyd robbed everyone of that.

Koolaid_Man
12-16-2013, 09:19 PM
Im not neccessarily talking about Manny. I think if he took the Sugar Ray route of trying to prove hes the fuckin man and fought Margarito, Paul Williams, Manny, etc...I think he could have won and been the GOAT. Floyd just wants easy $...fuck it more power to him hes a bagillionaire. But as far as myself, I actually trained at Wild Card (when I was younger) and met Manny many times. I just really like the guy, hes the nicest guy ever. He would wash your car for you if you asked.

I just think he deserved a 50-50 purse and it would have been the biggest fight in boxing history. Floyd robbed everyone of that.

^ based on what? Obviously you haven't followed Floyd's career...he's fought who's ever been in front of him and early on he brawled..as you get older you get more defensive it's natural...

but Manny is a cheater...he was blood doping and you know it....he refused to take the test on the grounds of superstition...let any other athelete make such a superfluous claim and watch them get laughed out the building...the problem with boxing is what it's always been since Jack Johnson kicked the shit out of Jim Jefferies and his brother in what was billed the "fight to determine the superior race". America is looking for a great white hope and thought they found that in Manny...sure he's a nice guy but he's also a got dam fool for getting taken to the woodshed by Bob Arum the way that he has....

Fact is Manny can't draw what Floyd does he didn't deserve no where close to a 50 / 50 split....Floyd offered 50 million and no PPV and Arum talked him out of it...if Manny was so good why can't he draw that on his own...

get real man

Tim_duncan21
12-16-2013, 09:21 PM

first post nails it.

Thebesteva
12-16-2013, 09:30 PM
^ based on what? Obviously you haven't followed Floyd's career...he's fought who's ever been in front of him and early on he brawled..as you get older you get more defensive it's natural...

but Manny is a cheater...he was blood doping and you know it....he refused to take the test on the grounds of superstition...let any other athelete make such a superfluous claim and watch them get laughed out the building...the problem with boxing is what it's always been since Jack Johnson kicked the shit out of Jim Jefferies and his brother in what was billed the "fight to determine the superior race". America is looking for a great white hope and thought they found that in Manny...sure he's a nice guy but he's also a got dam fool for getting taken to the woodshed by Bob Arum the way that he has....

Fact is Manny can't draw what Floyd does he didn't deserve no where close to a 50 / 50 split....Floyd offered 50 million and no PPV and Arum talked him out of it...if Manny was so good why can't he draw that on his own...

get real man

Nigga please. He could easily fight Sergio Martinez. Floyd is not like Sugar Ray, he has no interest in proving hes the best. All time greats like Sugar, Marvin, Duran, and Hagler had a chip on their shoulder to prove they are the best. They were the real gangster rap era. Floyd is about making $ as easily as possible. Like I said, props to him for shitting on everyones life with $50 million a fight, but hes not a competitive guy,

RsxPiimp
12-16-2013, 09:36 PM
I;m so brilliant I got answer for every fucking thing

:toast

ElNono
12-16-2013, 09:38 PM

http://i.minus.com/itf86TzczLR4c.gif

RsxPiimp
12-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Nigga please. He could easily fight Sergio Martinez. Floyd is not like Sugar Ray, he has no interest in proving hes the best. All time greats like Sugar, Marvin, Duran, and Hagler had a chip on their shoulder to prove they are the best. They were the real gangster rap era. Floyd is about making $ as easily as possible. Like I said, props to him for shitting on everyones life with $50 million a fight, but hes not a competitive guy,

Floyd is undefeated and basically shits on every boxer that faced him, how much more competitive do you want from him

Koolaid_Man
12-16-2013, 09:40 PM

back to my question...on what Merit does Manny deserve an even split?

Koolaid_Man
12-16-2013, 09:41 PM
:toast

thanks my nigga

Clipper Nation
12-16-2013, 09:55 PM
Floyd Money: 45-0

Kirbs: 1-4

Thebesteva
12-16-2013, 09:55 PM
back to my question...on what Merit does Manny deserve an even split?

Before his loss to Marquez, he was the major draw.

CitizenDwayne
12-16-2013, 09:59 PM
he refused to take the test on the grounds of superstition...let any other athelete make such a superfluous claim and watch them get laughed out the building

This. Mayweather's a total bitch, but let's not make a saint out of Manny. Dude had his chance, but conveniently always had qualms with the purse and/or testing.

It's really a shame, though. Fight would be amazing.

As for Mayweather's opponents, sure, he doesn't always fight the top guys he should be fighting, but he's not messing around with bottom-dwellers like...oh, idk, Buster Mathis and "Hurricane" Mcneeley.

RsxPiimp
12-16-2013, 10:03 PM
I mean,Manny is my guy but you gotta give credit where it's due. Didn't Mayweayher pulverized the same boxer that's been whoopin PacMan for years?

lefty
12-16-2013, 10:08 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/00687bddece3a59f037f996cfc89c40b/tumblr_mxqm6eQKkD1s4jp31o1_400.gif

DAF86
12-17-2013, 08:08 AM
So he's going out like a ducker?

"He can have the title" Floyd after it was anounced that Manny was his mandatory. :lmao Dude's not even trying to hide it anymore.

Raven
12-17-2013, 08:48 AM

really? none? really?

da_suns_fan
12-17-2013, 10:49 AM
If the dude had a single humble bone in his body he wouldnt be the most hated athlete on the planet.

Heaven forbid Kobe say something like "I felt pressure to justify my contract and I might have come back too early. Obviously Im not playing well right now but were short on players and Im trying to help where I can. Just want the fans to know how hard were working."

Instead we hear this shit how hes going to be like Mayweather and use technique etc to compensate for his lack of explosiveness and how his team wasnt "gangbusters" before he came back.

The guy is just such a tool.

ambchang
12-17-2013, 11:14 AM
No surprises that Kobe is yet copying another person.

Nothing original ever comes out of him.

Buddy Mignon
12-17-2013, 11:30 AM

Floyd beat the shit out of fighters way better than the fighters you mentioned.

Buddy Mignon
12-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Before his loss to Marquez, he was the major draw.

No he wasn't. He's never done the numbers Floyd has done. At best it should have been a 60/40 split. When they did agree to a 50/50 split Manny backed out due to the drug testing Floyd required.

Killakobe81
12-17-2013, 01:15 PM

Fair enough Manny is nice and would of got a nice ass whuppin if he faced Floyd ...and No, he did not deserve a 50-50 split 45-55 ...maybe. but that is being generous ...

AchillesHeel
12-17-2013, 01:25 PM
Fair enough Manny is nice and would of got a nice ass whuppin if he faced Floyd ...and No, he did not deserve a 50-50 split 45-65 ...maybe.

great math brah

resistanze
12-17-2013, 01:39 PM
^^^ :lol

Yeah, but Manny didn't deserve 50-50, that's retarded. Mayweather's buys completely outstrip anything done by Manny - it makes no business sense. I know it was popular to dickride Manny and hate Floyd, but they're both shitheads.

Killakobe81
12-17-2013, 01:42 PM
great math brah

Typo obviously ...but thanks for the heads up ...

Leetonidas
12-17-2013, 02:22 PM
Kool blindly sucking dick, delivering the bads per par

If Kobe walked up to Kool on the street and told him "I'm going to fuck your wife and skeet on her face" he'd probably ask if he could watch and study the Mamba's technique

spurraider21
12-17-2013, 02:44 PM
i can't really give Floyd any crap considering he took on Canelo and destroyed him

Katherine Robinson
12-17-2013, 03:09 PM
Floyd is going out as an old man out-boxing young superstars and the aged vets. He'll make a strong argument for being the best boxer of his time.

Kobe is going out making Toronto look like a defensive juggernaut.

Their similarities are being able to bring in money and being what you so dearly wish for yourself, KidCapri: A polarizing figure.

Thebesteva
12-17-2013, 03:12 PM
Fair enough Manny is nice and would of got a nice ass whuppin if he faced Floyd ...and No, he did not deserve a 50-50 split 45-55 ...maybe. but that is being generous ...

Floyd asked for 70-30

Killakobe81
12-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Floyd asked for 70-30

That is Crazy but 60-40 was within reason ...
Shit is irrelevant though, any real boxing fan that really appreciates the sweet science knows Floyd would tap dat ass ...

Floyd Pacquiao
12-17-2013, 04:03 PM
^^^ :lol

Yeah, but Manny didn't deserve 50-50, that's retarded. Mayweather's buys completely outstrip anything done by Manny - it makes no business sense. I know it was popular to dickride Manny and hate Floyd, but they're both shitheads.
Manny absolutely deserved the 50-50 split back in 09' & 10'. Manny back then was bringing in huge revenue and live gate money. Hell Floyd even agreed when they almost fought back in 2010 offering him a 50-50 split on everything. and to this day manny is still the bigger star globally fwiw.

DJR210
12-17-2013, 04:03 PM
LMFAO @ "Pooch-e-ow"

Floyd Pacquiao
12-17-2013, 04:10 PM
:lol and by the looks of things it looks like kobe is going out like a roy jones jr.

irishock
12-17-2013, 04:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bbt4-PFCAAEDKuy.jpg

resistanze
12-17-2013, 04:31 PM
Manny absolutely deserved the 50-50 split back in 09' & 10'. Manny back then was bringing in huge revenue and live gate money. Hell Floyd even agreed when they almost fought back in 2010 offering him a 50-50 split on everything. and to this day manny is still the bigger star globally fwiw.

I don't think any Manny fight has brought in more money in than Mayweather's top 4 - why would be get 50-50? And by that same token, Mayweather did offer him 50-50, so why decline because of a drug test/fear of needles? Again, no one would understand Manny's logic if it didn't have to do with Mayweather, who people don't like because he's a shithead.

Floyd Pacquiao
12-17-2013, 04:37 PM
I don't think any Manny fight has brought in more money in than Mayweather's top 4 - why would be get 50-50? And by that same token, Mayweather did offer him 50-50, so why decline because of a drug test/fear of needles? Again, no one would understand Manny's logic if it didn't have to do with Mayweather, who people don't like because he's a shithead.
Manny probably declined the tests cause his ego didnt like having floyd call the shots. it was either that or he was on somthing.

Killakobe81
12-17-2013, 04:52 PM

This. but just because he is a a$$ doesnt mean he is not best P4P boxer ...

Rogue
12-17-2013, 05:54 PM
there was only one time in his life when he looked like Mayweather and that was when he drove Daddy out of town in 04 summer (with shaq being the big show)

Thebesteva
12-17-2013, 08:14 PM
That is Crazy but 60-40 was within reason ...
Shit is irrelevant though, any real boxing fan that really appreciates the sweet science knows Floyd would tap dat ass ...

I pick Floyd to win a UD....but please...whens the last time Floyd tapped anyone other than Ortiz who came to kiss him.

DAF86
12-17-2013, 10:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY_sfisXOj4

I don't know who would win the fight but at this point I think we all know who the chicken is.

Killakobe81
12-18-2013, 09:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY_sfisXOj4

I don't know who would win the fight but at this point I think we all know who the chicken is.

that was all i need to know to know that you do not know boxing, no offense.
Manny having trouble with a a inferior counter puncher like JMM is all i need to know why there is no way he loses to Pacman ...
And when i say he would tap his ass it's not because Floyd is a great ppuncher but Manny has proven he can go down many times and a angry Floyd may have enough to put Manny down his chin isnt the greatest ...

DAF86
12-18-2013, 02:14 PM
that was all i need to know to know that you do not know boxing, no offense.
Manny having trouble with a a inferior counter puncher like JMM is all i need to know why there is no way he loses to Pacman ...
And when i say he would tap his ass it's not because Floyd is a great ppuncher but Manny has proven he can go down many times and a angry Floyd may have enough to put Manny down his chin isnt the greatest ...

This post right here is all I need to know to know that you are dick sucking Flomo, no offense.

lakerhaterade
12-18-2013, 02:26 PM
This post right here is all I need to know to know that you are dick sucking Flomo, no offense.
Your TheGreatYacht run was good tbh. Now you're just back to being a total faggot.

DAF86
12-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Your TheGreatYacht run was good tbh. Now you're just back to being a total faggot.

Sup, Naruto loving Flomo.

spurraider21
12-18-2013, 03:43 PM
was that seriously you :lol

if so, well played... i guess :rolleyes

lakerhaterade
12-19-2013, 12:54 AM
You foreigner bipolar faggot, you.

jimbo
12-19-2013, 02:00 AM

Tbh, they all play that game. Why do you think Martinez was so desperate to fight Floyd but duck Golovkin?

$$$

A 10% purse of the Floyd fight >>> whatever the fuck he'd get from a GGG/Martinez fight.

That's also why Floyd took the Canelo fight. $$$ although tbh, on paper Canelo was the biggest fight Floyd had taken since Chavez. I had thought it could have been pretty good. It's too bad Canelo pussied out w/ his gameplan.

spurraider21
12-19-2013, 02:41 AM
lakers time warner cable channel showing the 0.4 game.... assholes :lol

:lol turkoglu
:lol colored commentary by doc rivers

Thebesteva
12-19-2013, 05:01 AM
Tbh, they all play that game. Why do you think Martinez was so desperate to fight Floyd but duck Golovkin?

$$$

A 10% purse of the Floyd fight >>> whatever the fuck he'd get from a GGG/Martinez fight.

That's also why Floyd took the Canelo fight. $$$ although tbh, on paper Canelo was the biggest fight Floyd had taken since Chavez. I had thought it could have been pretty good. It's too bad Canelo pussied out w/ his gameplan.

Im happy for them honestly, Im happy to see boxers make $50 million a fight. Look at the UFC, them niggas get ripped off in cold blood and Dana tries to pretend that UFC is paying fighters. As a fan, Im sad for us. I want to see the best fights and we rarely get to see that. However, Maidana V Broner was epic, especially if you followed the story lines.