PDA

View Full Version : lol @ cliff jumpers

12-17-2013, 01:25 AM
Dan McCarney ‏@danmccarneysaen (https://twitter.com/danmccarneysaen)2m (https://twitter.com/danmccarneysaen/status/412829803150979072)
Last March/April, lost by 30 to Portland, 24 to Minnesota, 12 to OKC, 10 to Denver, 10 to GS, 13 to Minnesota.

:lolso that's why we lost in the finals
:lolbecause of those pesky reg season games messing with our "morale"

Holden_Caulfield
12-17-2013, 01:26 AM
damn i need to get a twitter

12-17-2013, 01:26 AM
Kevin Pelton ‏@kpelton (https://twitter.com/kpelton)2m (https://twitter.com/kpelton/status/412830448683724800)
Blake Griffin with the leather "championship belt" the Clippers won from the Spurs tonight. pic.twitter.com/R50QozISrx (http://t.co/R50QozISrx)

:lmao

TE
12-17-2013, 01:30 AM
Like Harlem has mentioned, I don't know why so much emphasis is put on regular season games. They're all fucking meaningless especially with the lack of parity in the NBA. I doubt the Spurs are irked about regular season losses. They're a veteran ball club that will, barring injury, make a deep run. If healthy neither team in the West can outmatch our execution.

Sean Cagney
12-17-2013, 01:33 AM
Does this thread have to be made every game we lose and calling out Cliff jumpers? Oh well they lost and time to move on, doubt anyone is going to jump off a cliff from this game. Some are concerned about not beating a good team yet etc., their right and doesn't mean they are cliff jumpers. It is December so I will chill.

TD 21
12-17-2013, 01:40 AM
If the second best player on one of the two best teams in the conference is out for the playoffs, they get one of the worst playoff teams in recent history, have arguably their opponents three best players playing injured and get one of the worst Conference Finals teams in recent history, then I like their chances of getting back to the Finals . . . and since there's obviously a great chance of all of that happening again, I agree, there's nothing to be concerned about.

RD2191
12-17-2013, 01:43 AM
If the second best player on one of the two best teams in the conference is out for the playoffs, they get one of the worst playoff teams in recent history, have arguably their opponents three best players playing injured and get one of the worst Conference Finals teams in recent history, then I like their chances of getting back to the Finals . . . and since there's obviously a great chance of all of that happening again, I agree, there's nothing to be concerned about.

12-17-2013, 01:52 AM
We had injuries too though, but true. The stars were aligned.

cjw
12-17-2013, 01:55 AM

Exactly, what ifs could have gone both ways in the finals (fully healthy Wade on one hand vs. Parker not being 100% after game 3).

And not sure I'd call that Lakers team one of the worst playoff teams in recent memory. Don't forget we played Utah the year before and all that trash that makes it year in year out in the east (that Philly team that beat the Rose-less Bulls?). They still did have two All Star front court players.

Clipper Nation
12-17-2013, 01:57 AM
Kevin Pelton ‏@kpelton (https://twitter.com/kpelton)2m (https://twitter.com/kpelton/status/412830448683724800)
Blake Griffin with the leather "championship belt" the Clippers won from the Spurs tonight. pic.twitter.com/R50QozISrx (http://t.co/R50QozISrx)

http://nbachampionshipbelt.com/ :downspin:

TD 21
12-17-2013, 01:58 AM
What "what ifs"? That's what happened.

And with the state the Lakers were in health wise, they were clearly one of the worst playoff teams in recent memory. They didn't have a single perimeter player even semi-capable of creating their own shot and Gasol hasn't been even All-Star caliber for a few years.

12-17-2013, 02:00 AM
Exactly, what ifs could have gone both ways in the finals (fully healthy Wade on one hand vs. Parker not being 100% after game 3).

And not sure I'd call that Lakers team one of the worst playoff teams in recent memory. Don't forget we played Utah the year before and all that trash that makes it year in year out in the east (that Philly team that beat the Rose-less Bulls?). They still did have two All Star front court players.
Wade has been injured for a long time now, so it's probable that he goes into the finals limping. But if Parker doesn't get injured, we win in 6, heck, maybe 5.

Johnny RIngo
12-17-2013, 02:09 AM
Wade has been injured for a long time now, so it's probable that he goes into the finals limping. But if Parker doesn't get injured, we win in 6, heck, maybe 5.

Please stop exaggerating Parker's minor injury. He was healthy enough to look dominant against the Grizzlies. Parker underperformed in the Finals like he has for most of his playoff career. He pulled a Kobe and tried to lead a team to a title by becoming a volume scorer and depending on his frontcourt to do most of the heavy lifting while hitting a clutch shot once or twice.

Arcadian
12-17-2013, 02:37 AM
On the one hand, I wish Pop would take the regular season more seriously and play his best players most of the time, especially against good teams.

On the other hand, I can't really judge the team based on these experimental games, so I can't criticize them for losing them.

This creates a situation where we don't actually know how good the team is, because they don't seem to bring their best effort in big games. That's something we might want to start doing soon.

LoneStarState'sPride
12-17-2013, 08:08 AM
This creates a situation where we don't actually know how good the team is, because they don't seem to bring their best effort in big games. That's something we might want to start doing soon.

Why?

The other side of that coin is none of our opponents know exactly how good the Spurs are, either, but they usually can't help but bring an elevated effort against the Silver and Black. I like that most of our stiffest foes don't really know what level we can crank it to until we're already there. That's a tangible advantage in the stretch run and the postseason, IMHO.

Leetonidas
12-17-2013, 10:46 AM
Why?

The other side of that coin is none of our opponents know exactly how good the Spurs are, either, but they usually can't help but bring an elevated effort against the Silver and Black. I like that most of our stiffest foes don't really know what level we can crank it to until we're already there. That's a tangible advantage in the stretch run and the postseason, IMHO.

Spurs have virtually the same team from the last two seasons with minor changes, pretty sure everyone knows how good the Spurs are. This isn't some mind game by Pop to "hide" how good the team is or mask some kind of secret weapon. Get real :lol

TheGoldStandard
12-17-2013, 11:34 AM
I can take losing when shots aren't falling or a game is highly contested but lack of defense and a commitment to playing your best players who put you in a position to win is uncalled for. Execution is lacking and we need wins. I don't want to chance the spurs having to go on the road to beat OKC in the playoffs

r0drig0lac
12-17-2013, 12:29 PM
I find funny that people not wanting to see the obvious and criticize those who think otherwise, I have seen this year that the team has not "yet" have shown no evidence of offensive power to exchange blows for 48 minutes against teams elite, but I'm sure whoever is treating it like it was no big deal or "it's only December," will change the opnion after those 7 games in ten days, especially on Saturday (thunder) and against sacramento

look_at_g_shred
12-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Unless it's an elimination game in the playoffs, shut the fuck up! None of these games matter when the playoffs begin. The competition and game as a whole change drastically in the playoffs. All I see is the Spurs just not competing hard enough. I mean it's not like we are playing great basketball and still losing. To me when you come that close to a title, you just want that competition again and to be back there. Nothing else compares. Sure, i do agree we need to start winning some of these games, but to say it's over in December is retarded.

spurraider21
12-17-2013, 05:55 PM
i'm giving zero shits about any wins and losses right now. the big 3 by in large look fine. thats all that matters tbh

Cry Havoc
12-17-2013, 07:14 PM
I find funny that people not wanting to see the obvious and criticize those who think otherwise, I have seen this year that the team has not "yet" have shown no evidence of offensive power to exchange blows for 48 minutes against teams elite, but I'm sure whoever is treating it like it was no big deal or "it's only December," will change the opnion after those 7 games in ten days, especially on Saturday (thunder) and against sacramento

Thanks for outing yourself as being a bandwagon fan who's been watching less than 2 years. :tu

heyheymymy
12-17-2013, 07:41 PM
was watching the replays and noticed kawhi closing out on a three point shooter and it looked like he was defending a nba cares kid with cancer the way he half-assed the shot contest.

let me know all i needed to know. straight coasting.

skulls138
12-17-2013, 07:56 PM
Im not cliff jumping but am concerned. People talk about Duncans lack of production, what about Parkers? He doesnt seem to be able to bail us out all the time and no one is picking up the slack.

wildcardX
12-17-2013, 08:48 PM
It feels like the Spurs have a losing record and not a 19-5 record on some of these posts. It seems as if the intensity may not be there yet, especially when playing the top teams. It's understandable seeing as they have some older players on the team, Pop may be cautiously protecting players from injury by managing minutes, the Spurs off season was two months shorter than most teams, plus some international players played over the short off season, and Pop is experimenting with players and rotations. I'm happy as long as they keep themselves in good playoff position. If they do need to make changes, it should be after all star break. By then the team should be in playoff preparation mode. Right now it's way too early to panic. It's a long season and who knows what will happen between now and the playoffs.

Horse
12-18-2013, 01:35 PM
Memphis was the hottest team no one wanted to play at the time and we swept them so try agian. And we certainly beat okc with westbrook.

Kool Bob Love
12-22-2013, 01:11 AM

:lmao5 pages and counting. http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226844

:rollinDecember

look_at_g_shred
12-23-2013, 11:16 AM
If u don't believe in this team, stop watching.

TampaDude
12-23-2013, 07:15 PM
:lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: :lobt2: