lefty
12-17-2013, 02:45 AM
Shit happens once in a while I guess

Pistons also beat the HEat in Miami IIRC, they are less shitty than last season

Flintstones32
12-17-2013, 03:05 AM
Shit happens once in a while I guess

Pistons also beat the HEat in Miami IIRC, they are less shitty than last season

yes they are. 40-42 and a 6th or 7th seed this year!!!!!

AchillesHeel
12-17-2013, 03:20 AM
yes they are. 40-42 and a 6th or 7th seed this year!!!!!

I could see Pistons giving Miami some trouble, if they make it to the 2nd round (you better pray for 6th seed minimum, going up against Indy in the first round is a guaranteed loss).

Spurs da champs
12-17-2013, 05:10 AM
Drummond & Monroe would give the Heat worlds of trouble, if Smith & Jennings allow them to, that is.

bdubya
12-17-2013, 07:07 AM
With the state the East is in, I don't see any reason the Pistons couldn't get the 3 or 4 seed. I doubt they'd give the Pacers or Heat that much trouble in a series, but an appearance in the Semis is entirely possible.

Captivus
12-17-2013, 07:47 AM
In other news...Atlanta is missing the playoffs...
EDIT: Im sorry, wrong conference...

Spurs9
12-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Pistons are fun to watch.

JamStone
12-17-2013, 10:03 AM
Pistons have been pretty competitive against everyone... until the 4th quarter. They don't have a go-to guy to close out games. In a lot of these close games, they've been using Rodney Stuckey as a closer, and that doesn't work out so well most games. They didn't last night and won. The Pistons can play with almost everyone. But often times they cannot finish games out. And they are an atrocious three point shooting and free throw shooting team. They're more fun to watch. Andre Drummond has a chance to be special. But they still lack key ingredients to being a legitimate contending team, even in the shitty East.

Killakobe81
12-17-2013, 10:10 AM
Pistons have been pretty competitive against everyone... until the 4th quarter. They don't have a go-to guy to close out games. In a lot of these close games, they've been using Rodney Stuckey as a closer, and that doesn't work out so well most games. They didn't last night and won. The Pistons can play with almost everyone. But often times they cannot finish games out. And they are an atrocious three point shooting and free throw shooting team. They're more fun to watch. Andre Drummond has a chance to be special. But they still lack key ingredients to being a legitimate contending team, even in the shitty East.

I agree. when the three big comparison thread popped up a week or so ago I said Drummond and Davis both can be special. Cousins is the most skilled by far but I doubt he makes any kind of "leap" really he just needs maturity and consistency he is already good probably the #2 center already with Gasol injured much of this year ...
Drummond could easily surpass Howard if he improves his skillset because he is just a beast physically ... Reminds me of a raw pre-injury Bynum before he polished his low post moves ... but more explosive.