PDA

View Full Version : Guess Cam's stats against NO this weekend

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-17-2013, 11:10 AM
His QBR over the past win streak at home is an average of 102 before the last game at home against NY (he had a 128 QBR). He has completed over 65% of his passes at home, and his TD/INT ratio is considerably better. This all via ESPN btw.

So how's he gonna do this weekend?

The Gemini Method
12-17-2013, 11:12 AM
0-2

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-17-2013, 11:14 AM
0-2

I can already tell this is gonna be a fun thread to bump

Darth_Pelican
12-17-2013, 11:39 AM
My biggest concern is the way the Saints O-line and their run defense has been on the road this season. At home they perform great, but on the road they get their shit pushed in. Thankfully, Payton already said there would be lineup adjustments this weekend. I don't think Cam will have any type of outstanding stat line because he won't be asked to do too much. Their gameplan is going to be to run the ball, control the clock, and reduce Saints possessions.

The Saints are a veteran team and they know exactly what is on the line Sunday. It should be a great game. I don't see either team blowing the other one out.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-17-2013, 11:48 AM
My biggest concern is the way the Saints O-line and their run defense has been on the road this season. At home they perform great, but on the road they get their shit pushed in. Thankfully, Payton already said there would be lineup adjustments this weekend. I don't think Cam will have any type of outstanding stat line because he won't be asked to do too much. Their gameplan is going to be to run the ball, control the clock, and reduce Saints possessions.

The Saints are a veteran team and they know exactly what is on the line Sunday. It should be a great game. I don't see either team blowing the other one out.

well said

on another note, the panthers have had 4 straight games where a flag was picked up... in the last game, steve smith got called for illegal shift, and then discussed it with the refs, and the refs reversed it :lmao

Darth_Pelican
12-17-2013, 11:53 AM
well said

on another note, the panthers have had 4 straight games where a flag was picked up... in the last game, steve smith got called for illegal shift, and then discussed it with the refs, and the refs reversed it :lmao

Don't forget, even if Carolina wins this Sunday, if they go to Atlanta and lay an egg the next weekend, and the Saints beat the Bucs at home, the Saints still take the division and #2 seed due to tiebreakers. There is even a scenario that the Panthers could beat the Saints and still miss the playoffs all together if Carolina and Arizona both finish 11-5. There's still plenty of football left to be played.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-17-2013, 11:58 AM
Don't forget, even if Carolina wins this Sunday, if they go to Atlanta and lay an egg the next weekend, and the Saints beat the Bucs at home, the Saints still take the division and #2 seed due to tiebreakers. There is even a scenario that the Panthers could beat the Saints and still miss the playoffs all together if Carolina and Arizona both finish 11-5. There's still plenty of football left to be played.

AZ has to beat Seattle on the road and then beat SF.

The Gemini Method
12-17-2013, 11:59 AM

Both them teams got something to play for in the last two games...so It's probably safe to say that both the Saints and Cum Newtons are in...positioning is still to be determined.

Darth_Pelican
12-17-2013, 12:02 PM

Yeah it's unlikely but it's just a scenario. Crazy shit happens at the end of seasons sometimes.

The Gemini Method
12-17-2013, 12:07 PM
Yeah it's unlikely but it's just a scenario. Crazy shit happens at the end of seasons sometimes.

It would be interesting to see indeed--I wonder sometimes if it would be better that Seattle lose a home game so that keeping the streak wouldn't be something added to the stress of winning it all. But I know that the team feeds off its advantage at the CLink so I'm sure that won't matter.

Spur-Addict
12-17-2013, 12:09 PM
0-2

:rollin Nice.

As far as stats are concerned, I'll say 230 yards passing. 30 yards rushing and 2 total TDs.

Darth_Pelican
12-17-2013, 12:28 PM
It would be interesting to see indeed--I wonder sometimes if it would be better that Seattle lose a home game so that keeping the streak wouldn't be something added to the stress of winning it all. But I know that the team feeds off its advantage at the CLink so I'm sure that won't matter.

:lol If Seattle loses their last 2 and SF wins their last 2, Seattle would drop to the #5 seed. That would be insane but there is no way they would lose 2 consecutive at home.

The Gemini Method
12-17-2013, 12:43 PM
:lol If Seattle loses their last 2 and SF wins their last 2, Seattle would drop to the #5 seed. That would be insane but there is no way they would lose 2 consecutive at home.

The Seahawks have that old U of Miami attitude though--they haven't forgotten the scare that the Rams put on them, so I don't see them losing either game. Arizona was destroyed the last time they were in Seattle (58-0) but this is a different team and a more important game. It is one well-prepared team and have only lost its 2 games by a total of 8 pts. They know that they feed off the crowd and it will fuel the next two games.

Darth_Pelican
12-17-2013, 12:54 PM
The Seahawks have that old U of Miami attitude though--they haven't forgotten the scare that the Rams put on them, so I don't see them losing either game. Arizona was destroyed the last time they were in Seattle (58-0) but this is a different team and a more important game. It is one well-prepared team and have only lost its 2 games by a total of 8 pts. They know that they feed off the crowd and it will fuel the next two games.

Well if they beat AZ then they will probably lose to the Rams because the starters shouldn't sniff the field tbh. If Carol plays the starters just to preserve a meaningless streak, then that would be silly.

The Gemini Method
12-17-2013, 01:00 PM
Well if they beat AZ then they will probably lose to the Rams because the starters shouldn't sniff the field tbh. If Carol plays the starters just to preserve a meaningless streak, then that would be silly.

You're probably right...that's why it is imperative to get this win on Sunday--I think they'll be fine and it'll be a moot point. How do you see the Saints faring in Charlotte this weekend?

Darth_Pelican
12-17-2013, 01:07 PM
You're probably right...that's why it is imperative to get this win on Sunday--I think they'll be fine and it'll be a moot point. How do you see the Saints faring in Charlotte this weekend?

Both teams will play well and it will come down to the last possession. There's too much on the line for either team to come out flat.

Spur-Addict
12-17-2013, 01:25 PM

He has stated publicly that sitting players, at least at the outset of a game isn't in their philosophical approach, so that likely won't occur. What is likely, is sitting players in the 3rd-4th quarter of a game we're winning.

Pelicans78
12-17-2013, 01:49 PM

I don't have alot of confidence in the offense so the defense needs to be big. Payton/Brees have won some big regular season road games, but its been 2-3 years since that happened and both of those games were against Atlanta. I would bet on the Panthers to win this because the o-line is terrible on the road and Payton doesn't try to establish the running game when needed. Plus, the run defense does disappear as well. I really hope they come out with their best game because they need to. Everyone needs to play well, Payton/Ryan needs to coach well. But this team is so unpredictable away from the Dome. So basically I'm not getting too excited for it until Sunday at noon.