PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Detroit/SAC Trade

mfanatic
12-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Works on the trade machine, doesn't let me copy/paste it for some reason.

Monroe for McLemore/Outlaw

Who agrees? Disagrees?

Detroit:
Jennings
McLemore
Outlaw
Smith
Drummond

SAC:
Isiah
Thorton
Gay
Monroe
Cousins

Mal
12-18-2013, 05:18 PM
Who cares about Pistons and Sacramento ??

Spur-Addict
12-18-2013, 05:21 PM
Detroit cares because it's a lopsided fucking trade with no logic, BITCH.

TheSanityAnnex
12-18-2013, 05:33 PM
I can also come up with a bunch of retarded trades that work on the trade machine. Bravo OP.

JamStone
12-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Detroit would not agree. McLemore has not been good this season so his value is low. And the last thing Detroit needs is another average (or below average) combo forward like Outlaw. Detroit's roster is littered with those in Smith, Jerebko, Datome, Singler, Villanueva, Tony Mitchell. Despite his limitations, Monroe still has good value right now because he's a legit big and productive, and while he'll be a free agent this summer, he'll be a restricted free agent, not unrestricted. So as long as the team who owns his rights offer a QO, they at least have the right to match any contract offer. Plus, the one advantage the Pistons have against most teams is their size and rebounding, and they automatically lose that with this deal. Really bad deal for the Pistons. The Pistons might listen if the Kings offer involved Jason Thompson instead of Outlaw since Thompson has legit size for an NBA big and has a pretty reasonable contract.

Sacramento does not agree either because the likelihood of them retaining Monroe is probably slim since they already have two huge contracts on the payroll in Cousins and Gay (assuming Gay does not opt out of a guaranteed $19 million next season), and they'd probably be pushing the luxury tax if they tried to keep Monroe longterm because some chump team will offer Monroe $14-15 million per when he's probably only worth at the most somewhere closer to $10-12 million per. Financial prudence dictates Sacramento does not put themselves into that situation, especially since they already took a gamble taking on Rudy Gay's contract.

Both sides say no.

JMarkJohns
12-18-2013, 06:44 PM
I want Monroe on the Suns...

Morrii (cheap for another year beyond this one) and a 1st or two.

Rogue
12-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Looks like the two teams can just exchange their brands tbh

RsxPiimp
12-18-2013, 10:06 PM
We all know Monroe is heading to the Lakers.:lol

RsxPiimp
12-18-2013, 10:07 PM
I want Monroe on the Suns...

Morrii (cheap for another year beyond this one) and a 1st or two.

Can you guys afford Bledsoe, Hayward and another max contract?

JMarkJohns
12-19-2013, 12:43 AM
Can you guys afford Bledsoe, Hayward and another max contract?

If the Suns acquire Monroe this season, and then use expiring contractsof Frye and 1sts for sign-n-trade for Hayward, then I believe yes.

They have like 20 million in CAP, and the Morrii (5 million), Frye (6 million) and Green (3 million). Plumlee/Len/Goodwin/Dragic all cost 14 million total.

That said, I don't care about Hayward too much.

Rather they have legit half-court skill in Monroe.