PDA

View Full Version : The Gay Agenda strikes again! "Duck Dynasty" fired for comments not bowing down to it

BRHornet45
12-18-2013, 10:03 PM
FIRST THIS.....

'Duck Dynasty' Star Phil Robertson Makes Anti-Gay Remarks, Says Being Gay Is A Sin

Not only does "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson fail to understand what it's like to be gay, but he also thinks homosexuality is a sin

In a shocking new interview with GQ's Drew Magary, Robertson -- the 67-year-old patriarch of the Duck Commander kingdom that earned his Louisiana family a fortune and a hit A&E series -- opened up about "modern immorality" and the gay community.

“It seems like, to me, a vagina -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man’s anus," Robertson told GQ. "That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong. Sin becomes fine," he later added. “Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men. Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/18/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson-gay_n_4465564.html

THEN THIS.....

‘Duck Dynasty’s’ Phil Robertson CONDEMNED by Human Rights Campaign for homophobic comments

“As a role model on a show that attracts millions of viewers, Phil Robertson has a responsibility to set a positive example for young Americans – not shame and ridicule them because of who they are,” HRC president Chad Griffin said in a statement, and asked for A&E to condemn Robertson’s remarks and “make clear they don’t support his views.” Robertson released a statement early Wednesday saying his mission is to follow what the Bible teaches, which is that “women and men are meant to be together,” but clarified that he loves “all of humanity.” A network rep said an A&E statement would be coming sometime Wednesday evening.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/reliable-source/wp/2013/12/18/duck-dynastys-phil-robertson-condemned-by-hrc-for-homophobic-comments/

NOW THIS....

‘Duck Dynasty’ Puts Star Phil Robertson on Hiatus After Anti-Gay Comments

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/entertainment/2013/12/duck-dynasty-puts-star-phil-robertson-on-hiatus-after-anti-gay-comments/

hehateme
12-18-2013, 10:08 PM
I've never watched this show but fucking with millions of bible belt rednecks that watch this show is probably not the best idea for A&E

DUNCANownsKOBE
12-18-2013, 10:10 PM
I've never watched this show but fucking with millions of bible belt rednecks that watch this show is probably not the best idea for A&E
This.

Talk about not knowing your audience at all tbh.

thunderup
12-18-2013, 10:12 PM
What a bunch of fucking soft faggots.

Reck
12-18-2013, 10:13 PM
Never watched this show and never will.

People on TV should know by now that these kinds of sensitive subjects should be kept out of the spot lights. You cant say just anything that goes into your head. When you sign up to be on TV you give up certain rights.

BRHornet45
12-18-2013, 10:15 PM
it's called bowing to the agenda. A&E is going to do whatever the media tells them to do. they sat like cuckolds in the corner with a ball gag in their mouth and said "yes daddy. yes Human Rights Campaign. whatever you want!".

BRHornet45
12-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Never watched this show and never will.

People on TV should know by now that these kinds of sensitive subjects should be kept out of the spot lights. You cant say just anything that goes into your head. When you sign up to be on TV you give up certain rights.

doesn't make it right. I've seen this show maybe twice and could careless about it, but this type of shit is getting annoying. if you don't bow down and agree with everything that the media considers "acceptable", then you will be drummed out of town.

oh crap
12-18-2013, 10:19 PM
I think it's funny that anyone gives a shit or puts any weight into what some backwoods redneck has to say. Never watched the show but I liken the audience to that of the honey boo boo types.

hehateme
12-18-2013, 10:22 PM
it's called bowing to the agenda. A&E is going to do whatever the media tells them to do. they sat like cuckolds in the corner with a ball gag in their mouth and said "yes daddy. yes Human Rights Campaign. whatever you want!".

But just as DoK mentioned, if they would have stood their ground they wouldn't alienate their viewing audience. Instead they went with the minority that probably doesn't even know what this show is about or it even existed outside their bubble. Just another notch in this over-reactive PC country.

ChumpDumper
12-18-2013, 10:25 PM
So he wasn't fired.

BRHornet45
12-18-2013, 10:29 PM
So he wasn't fired.

son you know damn well how these things play out .... first they are suspended .... then a day or two later they are fired .... and then a week later they are publicly stoned.

ChumpDumper
12-18-2013, 10:58 PM
son you know damn well how these things play out .... first they are suspended .... then a day or two later they are fired .... and then a week later they are publicly stoned.

Not necessarily at all. Even if a&e cancels the show someone else will pick it up. The suits are trying ti find a way to keep the show, believe that.

Leetonidas
12-18-2013, 11:05 PM
:lol

exstatic
12-18-2013, 11:33 PM

I disagree. Hillbillies know how other hillbillies act, and are not fascinated by it. I don't think that's their audience. I think it's urbans and suburbans going "WTF?".

RD2191
12-18-2013, 11:36 PM
The guy is a multi millionaire and you faggots are talking shit? If he's dumb what does that make you?

AussieFanKurt
12-18-2013, 11:39 PM
The guy is a multi millionaire and you faggots are talking shit? If he's dumb what does that make you?

Wow implying that being rich equates to intelligence. Dumb as fuck statement tbh

Holden_Caulfield
12-18-2013, 11:40 PM
lol

DMC
12-18-2013, 11:40 PM
I disagree. Hillbillies know how other hillbillies act, and are not fascinated by it. I don't think that's their audience. I think it's urbans and suburbans going "WTF?".

Actually they don't act like hillbillies at all. They act like what comedy writers would say hillbillies act. Hillbillies/rednecks (two distinctly different breeds, the first will have sex with animals, the second will become emotionally involved) aren't interesting people. They are just farmers and people who live simple and who are poor. There's really no such as a rich redneck or a rich hillbilly. Those are just people who are Southern and make a living pretending to be hillbillies.

RD2191
12-18-2013, 11:43 PM
Wow implying that being rich equates to intelligence. Dumb as fuck statement tbh
lets see you start a multi million dollar company

mrsmaalox
12-18-2013, 11:47 PM
"as a role model" Wtf?

ChumpDumper
12-18-2013, 11:47 PM

You know he's not going to notice your defending him.

m>s
12-18-2013, 11:49 PM
You know he's not going to notice your defending him.

jew david kimbrell rat alert

CubanSucks
12-18-2013, 11:52 PM
Saw some gay friends on fb going nuts over this. What the fuck did they expect? He said what a lot of people that age think and they knew that. What's funny is how PC libs love to ignore the fact that this is the attitude of a huge majority of blacks and browns. They love it when rednecks and old whites say shit like this so they can finally jump on it

RD2191
12-18-2013, 11:52 PM
jew david kimbrell rat alert
:lmao

BRHornet45
12-18-2013, 11:57 PM
Saw some gay friends on fb going nuts over this. What the fuck did they expect? He said what a lot of people that age think and they knew that. What's funny is how PC libs love to ignore the fact that this is the attitude of a huge majority of blacks and browns. They love it when rednecks and old whites say shit like this so they can finally jump on it

it all lines up with the agenda they want to push. that's why they only highlight "stories" like this and not others.

Jacob1983
12-19-2013, 12:24 AM
When is his hanging? How did he discriminate against homosexuals? Did he not let a gay person into his home or business because of their gayness?

m>s
12-19-2013, 12:39 AM
it all lines up with the agenda they want to push. that's why they only highlight "stories" like this and not others.
agreed

Boris
12-19-2013, 12:55 AM

Nothing wrong with being publicly stoned.

Jacob1983
12-19-2013, 12:58 AM
The gay community in America doesn't seem to practice what they preach.

Biernutz
12-19-2013, 01:16 AM
Uncle Phil said somthing about gays----The drama........

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/simmons.jpg

mouse
12-19-2013, 01:22 AM
Great topic to bad you didn't win any 2013 Club poster awards.

and the winners are.....

MELTDOWN OF THE YEAR- Shadowflames (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14412)

THREAD OF THE YEAR- " I SAW SAMUEL DALEMBERT IN THE CLUB LAST NIGHT"- Technique (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=15971)

NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR- TIE Two10Whitey & DJR210 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=42671)

LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD- ChumpDumper (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=153)

LEAST FUNNIEST POSTER- cantthinkofanything (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19499)

MOST HATED POSTER- Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483)

FUNNIEST POSTER- spurs_fan_in_exile (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=536)

MOST LIKELY TO BE RACIST OFFLINE- Trill Clinton (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20413)

TROLL OF THE YEAR- TheGreatYacht (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719)

WORST POSTER- Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483)

FEMALE POSTER OF THE YEAR- mrsmaalox (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5468)

MALE POSTER OF THE YEAR- Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483)

lets give the winners a round of applause for making the club an entertaining 2013:toast

Biernutz
12-19-2013, 01:36 AM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb270/systime/Gifffs1234/315662jqhqpf35yf.gif

DMC
12-19-2013, 01:40 AM

I'd skip that shit and start a multi billion dollar company.

lol starting a multi million dollar company. Just skip right over the startup.

DMC
12-19-2013, 01:41 AM

You have gay friends on fb! lol

CubanSucks
12-19-2013, 02:00 AM
You have gay friends on fb! lol

Homophobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CitizenDwayne
12-19-2013, 02:33 AM
Wait, so the old redneck from Duck Dynasty doesn't like queers?

Shocking.

His racial comments were much more disturbing, btw

mouse
12-19-2013, 02:46 AM
Homophobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of your recent quotes ......

I TOTALLY TROLLED YOU HARD FAGIT!!!

this is a fucking dike that's spent her whole post coming-out-of-the-closet life

You're a faggot

what's pedo about this thread, moralfag?

I hate this faggot

look like a faggot wearing them

koriwhat
12-19-2013, 07:13 AM
the U.S. has become so watered down and it's mainly its citizen's because no one wants to just say what they're thinking. you hate gays, whatever... you're racist, who isn't? i don't hate gays at all and have plenty of lesbian clients but man do i hate when my best friend's brother starts talking about his inthebedroom gay talk as if everyone gives a fuck to know. so i listen to david allan coe, i'm not racist but damn if i don't hear racist shit almost daily. everyone is so uptight when it comes to others and what they might hear.

this might be played out but it's funny how old man redneck might lose out on business and his t.v. show but paul walker gets celebrated for being the pedophile he was. funny how things work in this country.

RichardSimmons
12-19-2013, 07:24 AM
If it sounds like a duck..

Bill_Brasky
12-19-2013, 09:27 AM
i know im probably in the minority here among my fat slob fellow Americans, but there's always the option of reading a book instead of setting your eyes on this brain melting garbage. jmo.

DeadlyDynasty
12-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Being gay isn't a "sin," but it's definitely some kind of mental and/or physical disorder.

JudynTX
12-19-2013, 09:48 AM
So is Phil saying he's never given it to Ms. Kay in the ass during their entire marriage?

JudynTX
12-19-2013, 09:48 AM
Being gay isn't a "sin," but it's definitely some kind of mental and/or physical disorder.

"definitely"? Pllllllllllllllleaaaaaaaaaaaaaasee

Are you a doctor?

Sportcamper
12-19-2013, 10:03 AM
So is Phil saying he's never given it to Ms. Kay in the "A" during their entire marriage?

No what he said is that with a woman you have more options...Well Duh....

CubanSucks
12-19-2013, 10:44 AM
His racial comments were much more disturbing, btw

Like what?

So is Phil saying he's never given it to Ms. Kay in the ass during their entire marriage?

No ass hair tbh

mrsmaalox
12-19-2013, 11:03 AM

Is that considered unusual? :huh

mouse
12-19-2013, 11:09 AM

Why not ask the resident take up the ass expert..........Brazil? ..... paging .....Brazil?......

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-19-2013, 11:45 AM
At first I was a little surprised they acted so swiftly but after thinking for a minute it struck me that their core audience is probably not a bunch of hardcore hillbillies any more than Jersey Shore became a hit because of proud Italian Americans tuning in. In that regard I have to chuckle at the whole "role model" thing. I don't buy that this is a guy anyone is tuning into for any sort of meaningful life lessons or guidance the way that an army of housewives did for Oprah. I've only seen clips of the show on things like The Soup but it seems to be in the vein of shit like that and Honey Boo Boo, where reality producers make a show that even the fattest, dumbest Americans and can watch and feel better about themselves.

What's really funny from my little window of social media is that the most anger I'm seeing is actually from Christians and it's got nothing to do with his stance on homosexuality. Hell, even most of the gay people I know can't manage more than to just roll their eyes at it the same way that people do with that one drunk uncle or grandparent that starts railing about what's wrong with America at Thanksgiving. What's more bothersome to them is his stance on how the unifying factor between the great threats of the 20th century was a lack of Jesus in their lives.

CavsSuperFan
12-19-2013, 12:03 PM
Do as we say and nobody gets hurt…

GLADD

Bill_Brasky
12-19-2013, 12:14 PM
e3h6es6zh1c

DeadlyDynasty
12-19-2013, 12:59 PM
"definitely"? Pllllllllllllllleaaaaaaaaaaaaaasee

Are you a doctor?Close enough. It's an abnormal condition that people have no control over. Just like a child doesn't choose to be autistic, or people don't choose to have mental problems. Sticking your penis up another man's ass serves no biological purpose, and if that's appealing to you (not you in particular, but in general) then you are abnormal. Not evil, just not normal.

cantthinkofanything
12-19-2013, 01:07 PM
At first I was a little surprised they acted so swiftly but after thinking for a minute it struck me that their core audience is probably not a bunch of hardcore hillbillies any more than Jersey Shore became a hit because of proud Italian Americans tuning in. In that regard I have to chuckle at the whole "role model" thing. I don't buy that this is a guy anyone is tuning into for any sort of meaningful life lessons or guidance the way that an army of housewives did for Oprah. I've only seen clips of the show on things like The Soup but it seems to be in the vein of shit like that and Honey Boo Boo, where reality producers make a show that even the fattest, dumbest Americans and can watch and feel better about themselves.

What's really funny from my little window of social media is that the most anger I'm seeing is actually from Christians and it's got nothing to do with his stance on homosexuality. Hell, even most of the gay people I know can't manage more than to just roll their eyes at it the same way that people do with that one drunk uncle or grandparent that starts railing about what's wrong with America at Thanksgiving. What's more bothersome to them is his stance on how the unifying factor between the great threats of the 20th century was a lack of Jesus in their lives.

what's scary is that this may have been calculated. I guarantee ratings are going up starting next week buy a big margin.

cantthinkofanything
12-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Close enough. It's an abnormal condition that people have no control over. Just like a child doesn't choose to be autistic, or people don't choose to have mental problems. Sticking your penis up another man's ass serves no biological purpose, and if that's appealing to you (not you in particular, but in general) then you are abnormal. Not evil, just not normal.

wait...now you're outlawing masturbation. I don't like that.

DeadlyDynasty
12-19-2013, 01:11 PM
The human race will persevere, though. No need to attack this affliction yet until we start seeing major fluctuations in the birth/death rate of white people/affluent populations, which hopefully won't happen in our lifetime imo. Remember how we ignored AIDS till it started showing up in normal people? Kinda like that, imo.

Spur|n|Austin
12-19-2013, 01:11 PM

par for the course, tbh.

cantthinkofanything
12-19-2013, 01:15 PM
The human race will persevere, though. No need to attack this affliction yet until we start seeing major fluctuations in the birth/death rate of white people/affluent populations, which hopefully won't happen in our lifetime imo. Remember how we ignored AIDS till it started showing up in normal people? Kinda like that, imo.

I think the problem is that this eventual "evolution" leads to woman being able to conceive without men. So for that reason alone...maybe it's OK to outlawing homosexuality. Except between good looking women in front of cameras.

DeadlyDynasty
12-19-2013, 01:21 PM
I think the problem is that this eventual "evolution" leads to woman being able to conceive without men. So for that reason alone...maybe it's OK to outlawing homosexuality. Except between good looking women in front of cameras.

I'm not for outlawing it, tbh. You can't outlaw all disabled people (at least not in this day and age)...plus the population control is a real plus right now. Even when that day comes (self-conception and whatnot), women will still want the D. Just go on POF, brah...they ain't looking for no test tubes on there tbh

The Gemini Method
12-19-2013, 01:22 PM

Yup. This sounds fine by me!

cantthinkofanything
12-19-2013, 01:23 PM
I'm not for outlawing it, tbh. You can't outlaw all disabled people (at least not in this day and age)...plus the population control is a real plus right now. Even when that day comes (self-conception and whatnot), women will still want the D. Just go on POF, brah...they ain't looking for no test tubes on there tbh

the women I'm with don't seem to want it at all :(

The Gemini Method
12-19-2013, 01:28 PM
New Mexico just ruled it legal...more buttsecks to ensue.

cantthinkofanything
12-19-2013, 01:31 PM
New Mexico just ruled it legal...more buttsecks to ensue.

yuck. New Mexicans are ugly and smelly

CitizenDwayne
12-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Like what?

Umm...the part about blacks being happier while under Jim Crow.

Trainwreck2100
12-19-2013, 03:14 PM
i've only seen this show as background so i'm not proficient in it. But from what i've seen that old guy says shit that don't make sense all the time. What's the fucking problem

bigzak25
12-19-2013, 03:21 PM
butt dynasty...coming to A&E.

Creepn
12-19-2013, 05:05 PM
The people that annoys me are the ones that cry, ":cry the Earth is overpopulated! It can't sustain this many people!" and then condemn the gays.

Chomag
12-19-2013, 05:41 PM
I allways love the you cant disagree with us but we can disagree with you mentality.

Creepn
12-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Close enough.

You are NOT "close enough" to being a doctor. Just because you know how to mix cocktails of drugs to get the ultimate high without OD'ing yourself does not make you "close enough" to being a doctor. Fuck outta here. lol. You funny.

leemajors
12-19-2013, 07:09 PM
he violated the terms of his contract and got suspended.

DeadlyDynasty
12-19-2013, 07:10 PM
I know how to revive dead n!ggers too...why does Narcan always do the trick, iyo?

The Gemini Method
12-19-2013, 07:17 PM
You're not alone on Naloxone...

DeadlyDynasty
12-19-2013, 07:26 PM
You're not alone on Naloxone...

The key is knowing how much to push...just give them enough so they're breathing enough on their own, but still unconscious. If you wanna fuck with the nurses slam the rest as you're pulling into the ER and watch him/hef projectile vomit and start swinging at the RNs. Good times.

The Gemini Method
12-19-2013, 07:28 PM

The key is knowing how much to push...just give them enough so they're breathing enough on their own, but still unconscious. If you wanna fuck with the nurses slam the rest as you're pulling into the ER and watch him/hef projectile vomit and start swinging at the RNs. Good times.

Yeah, my ex gf who was an RN told me about shit like that :lol

ChumpDumper
12-19-2013, 08:12 PM
he violated the terms of his contract and got suspended.

Yeah I am sure they had a busy production schedule during the week of Christmas. Probably a duck dynasty marathon on some time these next two weeks.

Bill_Brasky
12-19-2013, 08:24 PM
i don't get why all the black posters here get on deadlydynasty. dude probably spends more time in the ghetto than they do.

mouse
12-19-2013, 08:58 PM
I wonder how long many in this forum would last on A&E

benefactor
12-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Don't care tbh.

mouse
12-19-2013, 09:09 PM
Next new reality show?

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/131218233719-11th-hour-ben-ferguson-duck-dynasty-gay-fallout-00010124-story-tablet.jpghttp://www.vibe.com/sites/vibe.com/files/styles/main_image/public/article_images/vibe-vixen-paula-deen-600x337.jpg

with special guest appearance......

http://media.salon.com/2013/12/zimmerman_painting-620x412.jpg

mrsmaalox
12-19-2013, 11:37 PM
He's suspended indefinitely, which is the same thing A&E did to Dog the Bounty Hunter in 2007, when that recording of him hurling racial slurs at his son's black girlfriend was released. That suspension lasted 4 months, but for DuckDynasty the show can go on even without him so it doesn't really matter.

Spurminator
12-19-2013, 11:40 PM
The Dixie Chicks sure could've used this kind of support from Middle America ten years ago when they were taken off the air for controversial comments.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-19-2013, 11:49 PM
http://i772.photobucket.com/albums/yy8/fiftyfyve/1245228550_jack_nicholson.gif

That's all I got to say about that.

JoeChalupa
12-20-2013, 12:32 AM
Never watch the show. It sucks when you screw up though.

mouse
12-20-2013, 12:49 AM
It sucks when you screw up though.

Amen brother.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/927544/thumbs/r-PRIEST-GETS-STUCK-IN-HANDCUFFS-large570.jpg

Jacob1983
12-20-2013, 01:21 AM
Why does the LGBT movement exclude straight people? I mean shouldn't there be an S added to LGBT making it SLGBT or LGBTS? And what about asexual people? The gay movement and community exclude people. That makes them bigot and they are spewing hate. It's a tragedy.

Viva Las Espuelas
12-20-2013, 01:21 AM
it's screwing up when you state your beliefs? damn. your life must suck.

baseline bum
12-20-2013, 01:43 AM

Do you have a camera phone? If not, can we all chip in to buy you one?

ChumpDumper
12-20-2013, 01:48 AM

He certainly could have been less stupid about it but it's not like it will break him.

Biernutz
12-20-2013, 02:00 AM
The Duck crew have said they won't do the show without Phil. Ball is in
A&E court now..........

ChumpDumper
12-20-2013, 02:15 AM
The Duck crew have said they won't do the show without Phil. Ball is in
A&E court now..........

Yep. They can milk his return for all its worth.

Nbadan
12-20-2013, 02:34 AM
In 2010, Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson Called Gays ‘Insolent, Arrogant, God-Haters’

VIDEO here: http://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-in-2010-duck-dynastys-phil-robertson-called-gays-insolent-arrogant-god-haters/

First they say, ‘There is no God,’” Robertson began. “Then they bow down to birds, animals, and reptiles, and each other.” He added that “gross sexual immorality” is the next condition to follow.

“They will dishonor their bodies with one another,” he continued. “Is that going on in the United States of America? Look around.”

Nbadan
12-20-2013, 02:54 AM
Get real...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW343K1-upo#t=252

ChumpDumper
12-20-2013, 03:22 AM
Every reality show is fake.

Duh.

exstatic
12-20-2013, 08:28 AM
The Dixie Chicks sure could've used this kind of support from Middle America ten years ago when they were taken off the air for controversial comments.

DeadlyDynasty
12-20-2013, 08:30 AM
Are we any worse off for not having the Dixie Chicks around? Man, if only somebody could fill the void of shitty Stevie Nicks covers

DeadlyDynasty
12-20-2013, 08:32 AM
Do you have a camera phone? If not, can we all chip in to buy you one?

HIPAA:(

exstatic
12-20-2013, 08:32 AM

It is when you're paid by a show that is paid for by sponsors who have to sell their shit to the general public. A&E didn't suspend him, the show's sponsors did. They're essentially the Duck crew's bosses. Don't F with the boss.

Biernutz
12-20-2013, 09:20 AM
It is when you're paid by a show that is paid for by sponsors who have to sell their shit to the general public. A&E didn't suspend him, the show's sponsors did. They're essentially the Duck crew's bosses. Don't F with the boss.

The main Duck sponsor backs the them. It was A&E who suspended Phil.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/12/19/duck-dynasty-sponsor-skyjacker-phil-robertson-homosexual-gay-church/

Biernutz
12-20-2013, 09:32 AM

The Chicks kind of turned off their fan base when they sort of said, we can say anything we
want and if you ignorant hicks don't like it too bad. When you tell your fan base to more or
less fuck off......Natallie Maines just couldn't shut up and she blew up the #1 country act.

resistanze
12-20-2013, 10:01 AM
Are we any worse off for not having the Dixie Chicks around? Man, if only somebody could fill the void of shitty Stevie Nicks covers

:lol Their music sucks donkey nuts. But of course, people are currently up in arms about a shitty reality TV show about rednecks and duck hunting so I'm not surprised.

CavsSuperFan
12-20-2013, 10:04 AM
Does anyone really believe that the GLADD viewing audience watches Duck Dynasty?
It’s not like I care what is being said on the decorating channels….:dramaquee

Trill Clinton
12-20-2013, 10:13 AM
i don't get why all the black posters here get on deadlydynasty. dude probably spends more time in the ghetto than they do.

what black posters get on dd, besides creepn? and what is fun about being in the ghetto?

Bill_Brasky
12-20-2013, 10:13 AM
again the saddest part is this show being popular in the first place.

next time you're watching though, notice how every time they do a one on one with one of the main characters, they'll be talking and saying the script, but then right at the end of whatever they're saying the camera zooms in really close on their face and they drop some clever little pre scripted remark that's just so perfectly witty for whatever situation they're talking about. every time.

how does that not ruin the show once you start really noticing it?

CavsSuperFan
12-20-2013, 10:14 AM
Every reality show is fake.

NOT Lizard Lick Towing! :ihit

AntiChrist
12-20-2013, 10:30 AM
again the saddest part is this show being popular in the first place.

next time you're watching though, notice how every time they do a one on one with one of the main characters, they'll be talking and saying the script, but then right at the end of whatever they're saying the camera zooms in really close on their face and they drop some clever little pre scripted remark that's just so perfectly witty for whatever situation they're talking about. every time.

how does that not ruin the show once you start really noticing it?

You lament that the show is popular, and then admit that you are some kind of regular viewer. :lmao

BigZak
12-20-2013, 10:30 AM
free speech. there was no hate in his words. fuck a&e now that breaking bad is over...

AntiChrist
12-20-2013, 10:31 AM
Just another in a long line of white dudes getting canned for saying something politically incorrect. Nothing new, tbh.

leemajors
12-20-2013, 10:36 AM
free speech. there was no hate in his words. fuck a&e now that breaking bad is over...

DeadlyDynasty
12-20-2013, 10:39 AM
smh BigSnax...been a rough year for him tbh

Bill_Brasky
12-20-2013, 10:40 AM
You lament that the show is popular, and then admit that you are some kind of regular viewer. :lmao

first of all, me ripping on the show without ever having seen it would be a pretty fucking stupid thing to do. like DarrinS levels of stupid.

secondly, you really don't have to watch the show for very long for that shit to start getting on your nerves. i watched a couple episodes one time with my dumbass cousin and he hated it because i was pointing out all the bullshit that makes it fake and unwatchable. it was kinda fun but it didn't make me a regular viewer.

leemajors
12-20-2013, 10:41 AM

huffpo made the error the other way:

On last night's "Daily Show," Jon Stewart took a position on AMC's suspension of "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson -- and it's not the one you may think.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/20/jon-stewart-defends-duck-dynasty_n_4479470.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

AntiChrist
12-20-2013, 10:43 AM
first of all, me ripping on the show without ever having seen it would be a pretty fucking stupid thing to do. like DarrinS levels of stupid.

Ooooh, you know my "real" name? You must be some kind of super sleuth.

secondly, you really don't have to watch the show for very long for that shit to start getting on your nerves. i watched a couple episodes one time with my dumbass cousin and he hated it because i was pointing out all the bullshit that makes it fake and unwatchable. it was kinda fun but it didn't make me a regular viewer.

Lol, you watch that dumbass show.

DeadlyDynasty
12-20-2013, 10:46 AM
Never thought you'd see the day where you longed for Mark Sanchez again, eh ol' buddy?

AntiChrist
12-20-2013, 10:55 AM
Never thought you'd see the day where you longed for Mark Sanchez again, eh ol' buddy?

:depressed that was cruel. But, no, I don't miss the butt fumbler.

ChumpDumper
12-20-2013, 10:57 AM
NOT Lizard Lick Towing! :ihitEspecially that piece of shit.

Frank Dux
The Chicks kind of turned off their fan base when they sort of said, we can say anything we
want and if you ignorant hicks don't like it too bad. When you tell your fan base to more or
less fuck off......Natallie Maines just couldn't shut up and she blew up the #1 country act.

Hmm. From what I remember she said didn't agree with the Iraq War, was ashamed of Bush and said that Toby Keith's war-mongering song was dumb. Much like duckman, she was freely voicing her opinion and people did all they could to put her out of business for it. The hypocrisy from our country's right wing redneck population with all the whining about "Christian victimization" "gay agenda" and their complete misunderstanding of "freedom of speech" is on full display with this one.

DeadlyDynasty
:depressed that was cruel. But, no, I don't miss the butt fumbler.
Here's hoping the Bills don't try to stupidly jump you in the standings like Week 17 last year:toast

Creepn
12-20-2013, 11:03 AM
what black posters get on dd, besides creepn? and what is fun about being in the ghetto?
You know how that goes. One black person does something, the whole race gets blamed for it. lol

Bill_Brasky
12-20-2013, 11:12 AM
You know how that goes. One black person does something, the whole race gets blamed for it. lol

so you are capable of learning.

BigZak
12-20-2013, 11:19 AM

i blame rg3 and his dad.

mrsmaalox
12-20-2013, 11:36 AM
He said what he wanted, expressed his feelings how he wanted, no one (individual or gov't) attempted to prevent that, so he fully exercised his freedom of speech. But having freedom of speech also means you have responsibilities, NOT that you can say whatever you want, whenever you want with full immunity from criticism. He's not being imprisioned by the government for what he said, he is being called out by a large number of his countrymen, and believe it or not, it's their right to do that also. I couldn't care less about him, his show, or what he said, what gets to me is the belief that so many people have that his freedom of speech and "rights" are being violated because he is now suffering the consequences of his words. Then you get primo agenda pushers like Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz, Rush Limpballs, horrified and calling out "agendas" to double down on the stupidity :lmao If his freedom of speech had been stifled, he'd still be on that dumb show :lol

ChumpDumper
12-20-2013, 11:40 AM
I find his comments about race more disturbing tbh.

clambake
12-20-2013, 11:44 AM
I find his comments about race more disturbing tbh.

what did he say?

ChumpDumper
12-20-2013, 11:48 AM
what did he say?“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/201401/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson#ixzz2o2CfQuKJ

clambake
12-20-2013, 11:49 AM
lol

CuckingFunt
12-20-2013, 12:17 PM
He said what he wanted, expressed his feelings how he wanted, no one (individual or gov't) attempted to prevent that, so he fully exercised his freedom of speech. But having freedom of speech also means you have responsibilities, NOT that you can say whatever you want, whenever you want with full immunity from criticism. He's not being imprisioned by the government for what he said, he is being called out by a large number of his countrymen, and believe it or not, it's their right to do that also. I couldn't care less about him, his show, or what he said, what gets to me is the belief that so many people have that his freedom of speech and "rights" are being violated because he is now suffering the consequences of his words. Then you get primo agenda pushers like Sarah Palin, Ted Cruz, Rush Limpballs, horrified and calling out "agendas" to double down on the stupidity :lmao If his freedom of speech had been stifled, he'd still be on that dumb show :lol

This, pretty much.

Freedom of speech =/= freedom from accountability.

Biernutz
12-20-2013, 02:22 PM
A&E is so dismayed by the comments of Phil from Duck Dynasty that they
will run a marathon of shows Sunday starting a 5PM till midnight.

A&E suspended Phil after the gay group GLAAD pressured the network. Congrats
to the network for not caving in to the gay pressure and keep the cash cow on TV.

A&E should also get praise for defending the right of free speech.
A&E reality stars Chris Morelli and Tad Eaton are not suspended for expressing the opposite preference in in the same way. An openly gay couple on A&E's "Storage Wars: New York" is NOT offended by the homophobic comments made by fellow A&E'er and "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson -- telling TMZ, they just feel bad for him ... because man ass beats vagina any day of the week.
Chris Morelli and Tad Eaton tell us, "We could give a s**t what he thinks ... [man ass] is tighter."
Phil talked about how a vagina is more desirable than a man's anus, and how homosexuality and bestiality are the same sin.

mrsmaalox
12-20-2013, 02:52 PM
A&E doesn't care about Phil or GLAAD or constitutional rights, their bottom line is the $$ they make. So while they didn't bow directly to GLAAD's agenda, they bowed to GLAAD's threat to call for a boycott of the advertisers who bring the money to A&E. If A&E cared about defending same sex rights, they'd have cancelled the show outright, but it's really just the possibility of losing money that has them scared---not to worry, Duck Dynasty will remain on the air until the last red cent has been sucked out. The pro-gay agenda that gullible people like to squawk about was on full display with the carefully orchestrated take down of Chik-fil-a that had the panderable population out protesting and scarfing down chicken sandwiches; it had no effect at all.

SnakeBoy
12-20-2013, 02:58 PM
“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/201401/duck-dynasty-phil-robertson#ixzz2o2CfQuKJ

Was he supposed to say the black people he worked with were mistreated and miserable?

ChumpDumper
12-20-2013, 03:01 PM
Was he supposed to say the black people he worked with were mistreated and miserable?Why would a black guy tell a white guy about these doggone white people?

And if that was when he was doing all those drugs, how reliable could his characterization be anyway?

SnakeBoy
12-20-2013, 03:17 PM
Why would a black guy tell a white guy about these doggone white people?

And if that was when he was doing all those drugs, how reliable could his characterization be anyway?

I don't know the answers to those questions. My question was should he have made up a story about how mistreated and miserable they were when that's not what he saw(or thinks he saw) when he was young?

The two black friends I had in high school were fun to hang out with but they were also potheads and thieves. If someone asks me should I say they were poor black men who were just being kept down by the man.

CuckingFunt
12-20-2013, 03:23 PM
I don't know the answers to those questions. My question was should he have made up a story about how mistreated and miserable they were when that's not what he saw(or thinks he saw) when he was young?

Why should an old white guy be the spokesperson for the black experience? Why would an old white guy think he could be such a spokesperson?

ChumpDumper
12-20-2013, 03:37 PM

The two black friends I had in high school were fun to hang out with but they were also potheads and thieves. If someone asks me should I say they were poor black men who were just being kept down by the man.Could they use the same water fountain as you?

Spurminator
12-20-2013, 03:54 PM
Why the fuck was GQ interviewing someone from Duck Dynasty anyway?

The desperation for print sales knows no bounds.

Creepn
12-20-2013, 04:03 PM
The two black friends I had in high school were fun to hang out with but they were also potheads and thieves. If someone asks me should I say they were poor black men who were just being kept down by the man.

If you ended up saying the truth (them being potheads and thieves), you would be fired because you are generalizing a whole race of people because of friends you chose to be around with.

ChumpDumper
12-20-2013, 04:04 PM
Wow.

Two black friends!

Creepn
12-20-2013, 04:05 PM
And since HS too lol. Was this Freshman year and how old are you now?

SnakeBoy
12-20-2013, 04:38 PM
If you ended up saying the truth (them being potheads and thieves), you would be fired because you are generalizing a whole race of people because of friends you chose to be around with.

So what do you think he should have said?

SnakeBoy
12-20-2013, 05:53 PM
I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy.

According to the music of the times he might have a point.

HGsYWVMJIAs

Pickn' Cotton
Low Down
Pickn' Cotton
Go Down
Right Down the how
Pickin' the cotton away
Pickin' cotton way down
Pickin' Cotton go down
Sing as you go
Right down the row
Pickin' cotton away
Pickin' cotton way down
Pickin' cotton stay down
In to your sacks
On to your backs
Good times are coming to stay
Pick away
White folks say
Every bale must thicken
Pick away
Saturday you can pay for fried chicken

Sounds like good times

SnakeBoy
12-20-2013, 06:10 PM
And since HS too lol. Was this Freshman year and how old are you now?

I said in high school not since. I'm 46 and I don't know any black people now. About a year ago I thought I saw one about a mile from my house but it could have been a yeti...hard to say.

BUMP
12-20-2013, 07:07 PM

This, I obviously wouldn't waste a second of my life watching this garbage but isn't this guy supposed to a funny hick?

:lol role model

symple19
12-20-2013, 07:17 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KQ8PqLz.gif

benefactor
12-20-2013, 08:06 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KQ8PqLz.gif

Bill_Brasky
12-21-2013, 09:58 AM
people these days are too stupid to realize that freedom of speech means you can criticize the govt without going to jail. they seem to not know that it doesn't mean you can just say whatever you want to whoever you want with no consequences. of course your employer can fire you for saying something retarded. they absolutely have that right. if i walk up to my boss and call him a faggot it's on me to know that there's a high possibility of getting fired for it.

DeadlyDynasty
12-21-2013, 10:01 AM
I said in high school not since. I'm 46 and I don't know any black people now. About a year ago I thought I saw one about a mile from my house but it could have been a yeti...hard to say.
:rollin

Jacob1983
12-21-2013, 12:52 PM
These celebrities are stupid. Why don't they just have free speech clauses put into their contracts that protect them from termination? No one ever talks about that shit. Celebs should do that or just shut the fuck up. And another thing, where the hell was the lawyer or agent for this Duck Dynasty bubba when the pecker from GQ was asking the questions? Shouldn't the bubba's agent or lawyer instructed Phil on whether or not to answer the questions or to say what would be allowed to be put in the article?

DMC
12-21-2013, 03:11 PM

We need to see major fluctuations in the birthrate of all people, especially in regions that don't know yet that the world is a finite place, like China.